Home » Posts tagged 'NEET Physics Preparation Tips'
Tag Archives: NEET Physics Preparation Tips
The Physics section of NEET 2021 carries 180 marks out of a total of 720 marks. This section comprises 45 questions. Six major chapters carry the maximum weightage in the Physics section. These are Mechanics, Optics, SHM-Waves, Modern Physics and Electrodynamics and Thermodynamics. Most of the NEET aspirants find this section harder compared to the rest of the sections. The students will face a wide range of questions such as numerical problems, application-based questions and theoretical concepts. The basic NEET preparation tip is to be focused and speedy while practicing and giving the exam. One should give preference to NCERT books for preparing.
- NEET 2021 aspirants should refer to the question banks to get access to a pool of questions.
- To build in-depth knowledge of each and every topic, the aspirants are advised to attend topic wise online test series. They are advised to link every concept with the practical application. For that they need to practice questions from NEET 2021 best books for preparation.
Hence, in the first move, aspirants should grasp the basic concepts in Physics and later memorise all the formulas as per NEET Physics Syllabus.
Five Basic NEET Physics Preparation Tips for Beginners
Tip 1: The students should go through the entire Physics syllabus before starting to prepare for the NEET 2021 exam. The syllabus will give an overview on what to study and learn for this section..
Tip 2: You should make a timetable and should follow it thoroughly. You will have the flexibility to pay more time (if you need it for a specific topic) than the allotment.
Tip 3: First, the aspirants are required to divide the entire section into sub-parts and start preparing accordingly. It will help you to visualise the concepts clearly. You can even draw figures and diagrams for grasping the concepts properly.
Tip 4: From the very first day, you should create notes while you start preparing for the exam. Do not be lazy, study attentively. Making self notes is one of the most effective NEET Physics preparation Tips.
Tip 5: If you have joined any coaching center for preparing yourself for the NEET 20201 exam, you should revise the notes after every class. It will help you more to make your concepts clear. Apart from this, you can meet your weekly and monthly goals.
Tip 6: Do not leave any topic from NCERT. You should read the textbook line by line to clear your basic concepts.
Best Books for NEET Physics Preparation 2021
Books play a major role in preparations. Candidates are advised to first go through NCERT books for NEET Physics preparation Tips and then start practising from reference books.
NCERT for NEET Physics Preparation Tips
- Primarily, the aspirants should rely on the NCERT Physics solution for building the basic concept on the subject. After that, for getting additional information, and application-based or numerical based solutions, the aspirants can follow other reference books for NEET Physics Preparation.
- In NCERT, all the topics are explained in detail, hence, the aspirants can easily learn and memorise the topics. Since Physics questions vary every year, therefore, the aspirants get worried whether the preparation should differ or not.
- Though the Physics question pattern varies year to year, however, a bunch of direct questions are asked from NCERT. This is the other major reason for studying from NCERT very carefully. In a nutshell, NCERT will be an authentic source to score well in this section.
The NCERT textbooks at Class 11 and 12 levels are the most recommended ones for not only Physics but overall NEET subjects. This is because they are simple and easy to read and consist of basic fundamental concepts of most topics. Apart from this, approximately 50% of the questions are coming from NCERT Physics books. Lastly, we come to the best material resources for your NEET Physics preparation. Go through the following table to identify the best books for Physics section in NEET 2021 exam:
|Books Name||Author’s Name|
|40 days Physics for NEET||SB Tripathi|
|Concept of Physics||H.C. Verma|
|NCERT Physics Part I and Part II||MTG Editorial Board|
|Complete NEET Guide: Physics||MTG Editorial Board|
|Fundamental of Physics||Halliday, Resnick and Walker|
|Physics for NEET||C P Singh|
|Problems in General Physics||I.E. Irodov|
|Objective Physics||DC Pandey|
All of the aspirants are requested to consider the latest edition of the aforementioned Physics books. Hence, you will get the latest updates.
How to Prepare Physics for NEET 2021?
The best possible way of solving the critical and tricky questions of the Physics section depends upon the understanding of important topics. Apart from this, NEET Physics 2021 is relied upon on the knowledge development of the entire syllabus and on the understanding of their respective weightage. Here is a complete list of important topics to be covered in the physics section as per their weightage:-
|Topic||Number of Questions||Weightage||Marks|
|Electrostatics and Capacitor||4||8.88%||16|
|Heat and Thermodynamics||3||6.66%||12|
|Magnetism, Magnetic Effect of Current and AC||5||11.11%||20|
|Properties of matter||3||6.66%||12|
|Ray and Way Optics||4||8.88%||16|
What is the Way of Preparing the More Important Topics in the NEET Physics Exam?
The aspirants should need to make a good approach for NEET physics preparation, once they have a complete idea about the topic-wise weightage of this section. Find the following tips while you prepare for NEET 2021 Physics Exam:
It carries the highest weightage compared to the rest of the topics. There are a total of 9 chapters, which fall under the Mechanics topic. Considering the importance of the chapters, the aspirants are advised to put appropriate amounts of time and effort. Hence, you will get enough time to learn the chapters properly.
|Laws of Motion||7.10%|
|Mechanics of Solids and Fluids||10.10%|
|System of Particle and Rotational Motion||23.10%|
|Units and Dimensions||7.77%|
|Work, Energy, and Power||7.70%|
Apart from the aforementioned topics, some other important topics of Mechanics are mentioned in the following:
- Acceleration due to gravity
- Equations of motion
- Mechanics of common forces
- Pascal’s law, Bernoulli’s principle, viscosity and Reynolds’ number
- Projectile and circular motion
- Standing waves & Beats, Doppler effect
- Dimensional and error analysis
- Conservation of momentum & energy and collisions
- Kepler’s laws
- Moment of inertia and dynamics of rotational motion
- Potential energy of a spring
- Relative motion
- Transverse and longitudinal waves: superposition and reflection
- Simple Harmonic motion
Electrostatics and Magnetism
This section carries 16.2% weightage and each chapter is related to each other. The chapter, namely ‘Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance’ carries approximately 35.6% weightage. It is considered as the high weightage chapter compared to the rest of the chapters. On the other hand, the weightage of ‘moving charges and mechanism’ is approximately 31.5%. Go through the following content to understand the important chapters. You can also find the respective weightage for NEET Physics Preparation Tips.
|Electric charges and fields||23.30%|
|Electric potential and capacitance||35.60%|
|Electromagnetic waves and communication systems||6.80%|
|Magnetism and matter||2.70%|
|Moving charges and magnetism||31.50%|
Some more important topics for NEET Physics Preparation Tips are as:
- Band and modulation of signals in communication systems
- Biot-Savart Law
- Continuous charge distribution and Gauss’s Law
- Electric field, field lines, flux
- Electrostatic potential and work done
- Force between two parallel currents
- Potential energy in an external field
- Torque on current loop and magnetic dipole
- Ampere’s Circuital law
- Bar magnet and magnetic field lines
- Capacitance and Capacitors
- Electric charge and Coulomb’s Law
- Electromagnetic waves and spectrum
- Electrostatics of conductors and Dielectrics
- Motion in electric and magnetic fields and Cyclotrons
- The earth’s magnetism
Heat and Thermodynamics
Every year, the aspirants usually face 3 questions from this chapter and the chapter carries 6.6% weightage. Based on the weightage of the chapters, the students should involve time and study accordingly.
|Kinetic theory of gases||3.5%|
Few other important chapters of Heat and Thermodynamics are:
|First Law of Thermodynamics and Heat Capacity|
|Heat engines, refrigerators and heat pumps|
|Law of equipartition of energy, specific heat capacity and mean free path|
|Newton’s Law of Cooling|
|Reversible and irreversible processes and Carnot engine|
|Second law of thermodynamics|
|Specific Heat Capacity and Calorimetry|
|Thermodynamic state variables, equation of state and thermodynamic processes|
|Transfer of Thermal Expansion|
Get latest news and updates of NEET 2021 through email or SMS by entering your details in below given form:
Name * Email * Mobile * Location *
Types of Questions Asked in the NEET Physics Section
There are 45 questions in the Physics section. Physics NEET questions comprises application-based, numerical based and conceptual based questions. For getting a better understanding, read the following table:
|Type of questions||Number of Questions||Preparation|
|Theory oriented/fact-based||15 – 20||Direct from NCERT|
|Numerical/derivation-based||15 – 20||NCERT-based|
|Logical concepts||5 – 10||Concepts are from NCERT Application of these concepts|
|Critical concept-based||5 – 10||Very complex questions Determine the toppers|
NEET Physics Preparation: Topic-Wise Tips
While preparing for the exam, the candidates must know which chapters are important and carry high weightage. Here topic-wise tips are provided for NEET Physics preparation.
Motion of System, Particles and Rigid Body
In order to prepare the chapter, the aspirants should follow the below-mentioned tips carefully:
- Learn the theorem of parallel and perpendicular axes for answering the questions on torque and the moment of inertia of regular bodies for NEET 2021 exam.
- The aspirants are advised to practice more numerically based angular momentum conservation and rolling motion.
- Circular motion problems are comparatively easier to answer, hence, you should practice it more. You can score more from this section.
- Kinematics is one of the important segments of NEET Physics. This chapter is considerably simpler than the other chapters.
- In order to solve the problems, the aspirants should give extra focus on maximum height, flight time, velocity, and range. To solve the problems efficiently, you are advised to increase your practice more.
- You should have a clear idea of the definitions of acceleration, relative and average velocity and displacement.
- Kindly note down the important formulae, critical theorems and their derivations. You should revise it regularly at the last minute. It will help you to remember correctly.
Heat and Thermodynamics
- First clear your basic concept related to the NEET Physics chapter.
- Clear your concept and principles of Zeroth Law of Thermodynamics, the First Law of Thermodynamics, and Joule’s Law.
- Kinetic Theory of Gasses is the easier portion of this chapter, which is comparatively easy to solve.
- This is the chapter where you can score well in the NEET Physics section. The aspirants should start to study from Radioactive Decay of Substances, Dual Nature of Matter, Nuclear Fission and Fusion, Bohr’s model and X-Rays.
- You should clear your concept from NCERT Physics.
- In order to clear the concept of the theory part, the aspirants should follow ‘Concepts of Physics’ by H.C.Verma. On the other hand, for the numerical part, the candidates should rely on ‘3000 solved problems in Physics’ by Schaum.
NEET Preparation Tips by Toppers
Given below are some NEET preparation tips by toppers and strategies for preparing notes and memorising formulas.
Strategies to Prepare Notes
- You do need to waste time by making the comprehensive notes again if you have notes from the coaching centre. Better, you should revise it more.
- In order to illustrate the important concepts from your class notes with the help of neon or red highlighter.
- You can add some important questions, which have been found in the previous years’ sample questions. It will help you to practice, while you revise your study.
- In addition, the aspirants can add some more tricks or tips in the space, which is kept for margins.
- The aspirants can make shorter notes of the full-length content. It will help to memorise the topics easily. However, do not waste much time writing it down. Otherwise, you will not be capable of completing your syllabus within time.
Strategies to Memorise the Formulas
- The aspirants should develop an interest to learn the concept and formulas, otherwise, they will find it harder to memorise the formulas properly.
- Try to use your visual memory in order to make a connection of concepts to the formulas. It is the easy way of memorising the Physics concepts.
- As per the experts’ tips, the aspirants should read and practice the formulas every day as much as possible. More you read, the more you will be able to memorise the formulas correctly.
- Not only reading is the optimum way of memorising the formulas, but also you should write down the formulas for long-lasting and speedy memorisation.
- Before you go to bed, you should think about the Physics formulas.
NEET 2021 Physics Preparation: Coaching or Self Study?
To get a good score in the most critical section of the NEET exam, the aspirants can rely either on the coaching centre or on proper self-study. You are advised to choose what you feel best suited for your lifestyle and also your productivity level.
Benefits of a Coaching centre
The aspirants, who are highly productive both in the consistent routine and formal set up, need to opt for the coaching centre for NEET 2021 exam. There are certain benefits of studying in a coaching centre.
- In the classroom setup, the aspirants can give extra focus on their studies.
- The aspirants are bound to follow the consistent study routine since the duration of the classes is fixed.
- Also, the presence of co-students acknowledges the process of peer learning.
- The coaching centres offer enough classes for preparation. Hence, there is less opportunity of overexertion or low preparation of the aspirants.
- Due to the lack of unnecessary interruptions during class hours, there are no more hindrances to learning.
- The aspirants do not need to spend time unnecessarily searching for information and for making notes. The coaching centres provide the study materials to the students. They should rely on the notes.
- If the students would face any doubt regarding any topic, then the teachers will always be there to solve their doubts.
- The aspirants will also get mental support from the experts while they prepare their NEET Physics syllabus.
- Moreover, the coaching centres conduct mock tests for the students. It in turn helps the students to identify the weakness and strength before the main exam.
Benefits of the Self-Study Process
Since, the students get flexibility in self-study. Hence, few of the aspirants go for independence and self-study to prepare themselves for NEET 2021. Read the following benefits for opting self-study process:
- Self-study allows the aspirants to learn Physics topics as per their flexibility and necessity. The candidates are not bound to learn the bulk topics at one glance.
- In addition, self-study helps the students to build a deeper understanding of the topics. In turn, the students are more likely to answer critical questions in a better approach.
- The aspirants can boost up their confidence level more by studying on their own. This confidence level is required for the medical field.
- Self-study leads to grasping the NEET syllabus at their own pace and the students complete it as per the leftover time. It, in turn, makes the students more productive. The students will be capable of minimizing the excessive exam pressure and can study being stress-free.
Best Coaching Centers for Preparing NEET Physics
Let us read about the NEET Coaching Centers in India.
AAKASH started its journey in 1988 with the guidance of J.C Chaudhry. The institute is the first preferable choice of the students to prepare themselves for the NEET Physics exam. The institute shows its excellence over the last 25 years in this field.
Sri Rajesh Maheswari founded the ALLEN Institute in 1988. It is one of the trusted institutes for NEET Physics exam. Rigorous and skillful process of ALLEN Institute leads the aspirants to crack the exam and get high scores.
In 1993, Pramod Maheshwari established CAREER POINT. It is one of the recommended coaching centres, which creates many toppers in NEET Physics.
- Stressed Out Because Of Lockdown? Here’s How To Stay Motivated During NEET Preparations
- Top Coaching Centres in Bangalore
Online Preparation Tips and Resources for NEET 2021 Physics
In order to prepare yourself for competitive tests, the aspirants can rely on the online authentic resources.
- The aspirants can rely on mobile apps for NEET Physics Preparation. It is beneficial to get better study material than traditional study materials. Online resources are made in such a way that the aspirants find it easier and quicker to learn.
- Online resources are able to make learning more engaging and fun. In addition, the aspirants will be able to answer the questions correctly.
There are some popular online resources which are discussed in the following: Topper-Learning App for Classes 5th to 12th This online app gives the aspirants flexibility to set their own learning goals. The candidates can engage themselves with comprehensive videos, and adaptive practice questions. They can also take help from 24*7 support systems and can join study groups for clearing their doubts. Darwin-NEET 2020 Preparation With the help of this online app, the aspirants can practice previous years question papers. The aspirants will be capable of knowing the exam pattern. Hence, you can strengthen your NEET Physics foundation. The candidates can also understand their weakness in NEET Physics.
Contribution of YouTube Channels for NEET Physics Preparation
In order to build in-depth knowledge on the NEET Physics Preparation, the aspirants can subscribe to NEET Prep YouTube Channel. They will get approximately 500 hours of video lectures on each of the Physics topics. 588K subscribers of NEET Prep prove that numerous students are dependent on the YouTube channel for NEET Physics Preparation. You can open the channel from your smartphone at any time, anywhere. In order to get access to the NEET prep YouTube channel, go through the link.
Approximately 6.69 million users subscribe to Khan Academy and it is the best YouTube Channel for NEET Physics Preparation. The aspirants will get chapter-wise tutorials and NEET Exam analysis. They can also check the previous years’ students. In order to get access to the Khan Academy YouTube channel, go through the link.
LearnoHub includes 5600 lessons about NEET UG preparation (on every section). Approximately 1.48 million subscribers are connected with this YouTube channel for NEET Physics Preparation. In order to get access to the Learno Hub YouTube channel, go through the link.
Last Minute NEET Physics Preparation Tips
If you are wondering how to study Physics for NEET in 1 month, then you must go through the tips given below.
- Do not start to learn any new topic during the last few days of NEET 2021 exam. It will, in turn, increase your stress unnecessarily. Better, you should revise the chapters (which you have already learnt).
- Do not forget to revise the formulae and important topics every day. Therefore, you can easily memorise your study in a better way.
- Make a daily routine for revising your study. Do not stop studying for any day. Otherwise, it will be difficult for you to grasp it again.
- Try to download and solve sample papers as much as possible.
- The candidates should solve one to two mock tests every week. It will help to increase the speed and accuracy of solving the paper. In turn, you can also boost your confidence level.
Ques. Is the NEET Physics section tough among the three sections?
Ans. NEET Physics exam is assumed to be the most challenging and complex section since most of the students have Mathematics after class 10.
Ques. Is NCERT enough to get a high score?
Ans. Though NCERT is essential to qualify the exam (since 50% questions are directly coming from NCERT books), however, to get a high score, only NCERT Book is not enough.
Ques. What is the way of revising NEET Physics in the last month?
Ans. In the last month, the aspirants should appear for mock tests and solve sample paper questions of previous years as much as possible. You also need to revise the important formulae and topics every day.
Ques. Which book is ideal to read for the aspirants for NEET Physics?
Ans. Apart from NCERT, the aspirants should read H.C Verma for building the concepts of Physics. In addition, the candidates need to read Cengage Physics NEET by C.P Singh.
Ques. What is the number of Physics questions in the NEET 2021 Exam?
Ans. Total number of Physics questions is 45 in the NEET 2021 exam.