Update: NTA has closed the NEET 2020 Application Form Correction Window 2020. NEET 2020 exam date has been announced in a recent web session held online by the Education Minister of India, Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal. NEET 2020 will be held on 26th July 2020. Read More
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test or NEET 2020 is conducted by NTA. You can fill the NEET Application form only in online mode. NEET 2020 Application form was available till January 6, 2020. NEET 2020 Application Form corrections were allowed from January 14 to January 31, 2020 on the official site and then extended until 3 May 2020, considering the nationwide lockdown due to Covid 19 pandemic. Hence, if necessary, the candidates could change their choice of preferable city for NEET exam center.
Latest: The admit card will be issued prior to the 15 days of NEET 2020 exam date. Hence, the students can download the admit card after 11th May, 2020. NTA conducts the NEET exam for admission into the government and private Indian institutes for BDS and MBBS course work.
- Not only the preferable exam center, the aspirants can modify the date of birth, state code of eligibility, category and disability status (if applicable), gender.
- Moreover, if you need to make any modification in the application form, then the applicants should pay additional fee through net banking/credit card/ debit card (within the mentioned time frame).
- Additionally, if the aspirants found any discrepancy in the prescribed format of signature and photograph, then for reuploading the pictures, the aspirants need to login to the application portal.
To make changes in NEET Application Form 2020, Click Here
NEET 2020 has been postponed due to COVID-19. Click here to Read more
NEET 2020 Correction Window Dates
|Availability of application form||December 2, 2019|
|Last date of registration||January 6, 2020|
|NEET Application Form Correction Closes||May 31, 2020 (Extended)|
|Application form re-opens||February 3 to 9 upto 11:50 PM|
|Correction Window reopens||13 – 19 March 2020|
|Admit card available from||To be announced|
Check NEET 2020 Exam Dates
NEET 2020 Application Form Correction
Out of inexperience and confusion, mistakes happen by the candidates most of the times during the application form fill up process. To make changes in the NEET application form, NTA provided the facility of NEET Application Form correction window. As, It is a one time opportunity, candidates are advised to verify every detail atleast twice before submitting the form. To rectify the mistakes, the applicants require to visit the official website of NEET that is ntaneet.nic.in and should need to do the changes accordingly.
- The aspirants should remember that no more facility will be given after the closing of the correction window. Hence, they are advised to check all the necessary details carefully before submitting the application form.
- On the other hand, the aspirants will not be able to change the registered email id and contact number. They can make changes only the following particulars:
|Name of the candidate||Date of birth (DOB)|
|Gender||State code of eligibility|
|Category||Status of disability (if applicable)|
|Medium of NEET 2020 Examination||Examination center of NEET 2020|
- If the candidates need to modify or edit the form, they need to provide additional fee for the form correction process. They need to remit the balance fee before submitting the NEET 2020 Application form.
- In order to pay additional fee for the NEET application form correction process, the applicants require to pay it through debit card/credit card or through net banking.
Corrections in NEET Application Form
The students will get the opportunity to correct their application form (if required) only for once). Hence, you are advised to cross check the form before the final submission. Find the content of the following table in order to understand the details, than an aspirant can change in the application form:
|Fields||Correction Allowed For||Correction Not Allowed For|
|Identification Identity||Who have applied for NEET with IDs other than Aadhaar card||Who used Aadhar Card for NEET Application Form|
|Date of Birth||Who used IDs other than Aadhar Card||Who used Aadhaar Card for NEET Application Form|
|Gender||Who used IDs other than Aadhar Card||Who used Aadhaar Card for NEET Application Form|
|Examination Center||Tripura candidates, on the basis of language selection||None except the ones who belong to Tripura|
|State Code of Eligibility||Everyone can edit these fields|
|Percentage of Marks obtained in Qualifying Examination|
|Name of Parents|
An additional fee will be charged in case of correction in applicants’ category, payable via Debit/Credit Card or Net Banking/UPI/PAYTM.
The candidates will not need to be worried and the correction in the application form will not affect the candidature and the merit list of them. You should take a copy of print out of the correction slip for future reference. NTA will not make any correspondence in this context.
Above changes will not affect the merit and candidate status. The candidates must be very careful while making corrections as they got opportunity only once to correct in a single window.
How to Correct NEET 2020 Application Form?
Due to nationwide lockdown and Covid 19 pandemic, NTA has decided to delay the examination date. They extended the application form correction tenure. It has been extended from 1st April to 3rd May, 2020.
Correction window guide of NEET 2020 Application Form:
- First, visit the Official Site i.e. ntaneet.ac.in
- Then, click on Candidate Login
- Third, enter your registration number and password
- Afterward, click on the link for correction
- Next, correct your filled details in the application form
- Once you complete the correction, you should check it once before final submission. You need to cross-check your modification in the preview section.
- Now, you can see the corrections in ‘Red’ colour. After you complete the verification, you have to provide the one time password (OTP). You receive the OTP on your registered contact number.
- Click ‘Final Submission’.
- Lastly, download a self-generated correction slip for future reference.
Candidates should correct their particulars carefully as no second-time correction opportunity will be provided by NTA.
Removing Discrepancy from Uploaded Scanned Images
When the registration process is going on, NTA provides the facility to remove discrepancy from uploaded images (signature & passport size photograph). NTA sends email and SMS to intimate to re-upload the photograph and signature to those candidates who made mistakes while uploading the scanned images in application form.
Click here to check the guideline for uploading scanned images. A brief summary of instructions on uploading images is given below.
- Accepted format – jpg/jpeg/png
- Size of Photograph – 20 KB to 200 KB
- Size of the scanned image of signature should be 4 Kb to 30 Kb and should be in JPG/JPEG format.
- The size of the scanned copy of the left hand thumb impression should be 10 Kb to 50 Kb. And the format of the photograph should be JPG.
- The size of scanned copy of the class 10th certificate should be 100 Kb to 300 Kb. The picture format should be in JPG.
- Lastly, the size of scanned copy of post card size photograph is needed to be in between 50 Kb to 300 Kb and the format should be in JPG.
- Images should be uploaded within the time frame provided by NTA
The candidates should fill the data accurately, since NTA will not give them further chances to rectify the form. Application form correction process offers the candidates to utilise the one time facility. The aspirants will need to re-upload the scanned pictures within three weeks after receiving the email and sms as per the correction form of NTA. Therefore, the aspirants can modify the errors in a proper manner.
How to Change the Exam Center?
This Year due to the ongoing outbreak of COVID-19, NTA has provided the option to change the NEET exam center during NEET Application form correction window.
- Visit the official website and login with your credentials
- Click on “NEET Application form Correction”
- Rectify your mistakes in the application form
- Change your exam center and then submit.
What to Keep in Mind while You Modify the Exam Center?
If the candidates move to a new location after completing their registration, then they must change the exam center during the application correction tenure. Since, they might choose the exam center as per their previous address. NTA offers such flexibility to the candidates to rectify their new preferable exam center, as per their convenience (if applicable).
In order to change the new exam center, the candidates should keep in mind a few important things. You should go through the following content to get a clear idea about it.
- The exam center should be the nearby location to their residential area.
- It will help them to reach the exam date within time.
- They do not face any hassle regarding transport
- Choose the nearest location and you should need to be stressed free.
- Since, the correction form is your final call, therefore, you should check it carefully and fill the form wisely before you submit the final one. Once you submit, you will not get the permission to correct it again.
Guidelines to Reupload the Photographs in NEET 2020 Application Form
Since, you will not get the opportunity to correct the application again and submit it, hence, you should carefully fill the form. Read the following guidelines in order to understand the steps of uploading the photographs:
- The aspirants should upload the scanned image of the photograph either in jpg/png format.
- The photograph size must lie in between 20 Kb and 200 Kb.
- You should upload your colour photograph
- Kindly note it down that you do not need to upload a photo with a dark background. The background should be plain.
- The aspirants do not need to upload pictures with caps or goggles
- Try to avoid rotating and tilting the picture.
Ans. One should follow the below mentioned steps:
- Go to the official website of NEET
- Open the ‘Candidates Login’ link
- Submit the registration number and password
- Click the correction link
- Now, you are able to modify the application, as per your requirements.
Ans. The general candidates have to pay INR 1500, whereas both the GEN-EWS and OBC aspirants have to pay INR 1400. Apart from this, the SC/ST/PwD and transgender candidates have to pay INR 800.
Ans. Yes, the candidates would get the flexibility to change their address in the correction form.
Ans. Yes, the aspirants are eligible to change the exam. In order to change the exam center, the students need to visit the official website and will find the correction option at the footer section of the website.
Ans. The Helpdesk number of NEET is 0120-6895200. You can contact them from 9.30 AM to 6.00 PM during the working days.