Medical Council of India (MCI) issues syllabus for NEET PG 2020 to facilitate right preparation. NEET PG Syllabus is from graduate level medical courses which is regulated by MCI. NEET PG 2020 exam pattern is same as previous years. Candidates can download it via the official website or from here.
Note- NEET PG 2020 Counselling has halted till next official announcement by the counselling committee.
In an attempt to prepare better, aspirants do not stick to the NEET PG syllabus. Aspirants are advised to strictly follow the syllabus to score well. One should consider NEET PG preparation tips while studying for the exam. NEET PG is scheduled for January 5, 2020 and the result was declared on January 30, 2020.
Exam Pattern of NEET 2020 PG
- Experts set the NEET 2020 PG paper.
- The first 15 minutes of the examination will require to use for studying the test tutorial. It helps to build a deep understanding about the navigation during the online exam, select, de-select and other related tricks and tips.
- The mode of language of NEET 2020 PG exam will be English.
- The candidates will be able to see the features like navigation between the questions, selection, reviewing during the dest test tutorial.
- The candidates will receive a Non-Disclosure Agree ment from NEET PG in order to not sharing the contents of the exam with anyone outside of the hall.
- If the aspirants will fail to comply with the agreements, then NEET PG may take penal action. In addition, the candidature can be cancelled.
Detailed NEET PG Syllabus 2020
NEET PG Syllabus comprises of subjects that are a part of the MBBS curriculum. Subject covered in NEET PG Syllabus are Pre-clinical, Para-clinical, and Clinical subject.
- Forensic Medicine
- Social and Preventive Medicine
- Medicine Dermatology and Venereology
- Surgery, Orthopaedics and Anaesthesia,
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
NEET PG Syllabus- Topics covered under Pre-clinical Subject
Below are the subjects and topics which you should study for NEET PG 2020:
- Biochemistry : Biochemistry of extracellular and intracellular communication, Bioenergetics, Function and replication of informational macromolecules, Glycoproteins, Homeostasis, Human genome project, Intracellular traffic and sorting of proteins, Metabolism of Carbohydrate and lipids, Metabolism of proteins and amino acids, Metabolism of Xenobiotics, Muscles and the cytoskeleton, Nutrition, Digestion and Absorption, Plasma proteins and immunoglobulins, Red and white blood cells, Structures and functions of proteins and Enzymes, The extracellular matrix, thrombosis, Vitamins and minerals.
- Physiology: Nervous System, Sensory organs, Respiration, Cardiovascular Physiology, Muscles and other topics, Digestion and Absorption, Endocrine System, Excretion, Miscellaneous Topics.
- Anatomy: The thorax, the Abdomen, the Pelvis, the perineum, the upper limb, the lower limb, the Head and Neck, the Back, miscellaneous topics
NEET PG Syllabus- Topics covered under Para-Clinical Subject
Below are the subjects and topics from para-clincal subject in NEET PG 2020 syllabus:
- Pathology: General Pathology of Infectious Diseases, Genetic and Pediatric Diseases, Nutritional Diseases, Blood vessels, Cell injury, Hematopoietic and Lymphoid Systems, Lung, Kidney and its Collection system, Cell Death and Adaptations, Acute Inflammation, Gallbladder, Biliary tract, Endocrine system, Thrombosis And Shock, Tissue Repair, Regeneration, Hemodynamic Disorders, Genital System, Pancreas, Musculoskeletal, Skin and Nervous System, Diseases of the immune system Neoplasia Healing and Fibrosis, Gastrointestinal Tract, Oral Cavity, Liver, Heart.
- Microbiology: Infections of bones and joints, Virology, Bacteriology, Immunology, Mycology, Methods and Techniques etc.
- Pharmacology: Drugs Acting on Autonomic Nervous system, Antimicrobial Drugs, Cardiovascular Drugs, Gastrointestinal Drugs, Respiratory and Related Drugs, Hormones and Related Drugs, Drugs Acting on the kidney, Chemotherapy of Neoplastic Diseases, General Pharmacological Principles, Drugs Affecting Blood and Blood Formation, Autacoids and Related Drugs, Drugs Acting on Central Nervous System.
- Forensic Medicine: Injuries and wounds, Poisoning, Mechanical Asphyxia, Death, Thermal death, Starvation, Postmortem changes, Autopsy, Psychotropic drugs, Abortion and Asphyxiants, Medical Jurisprudence, Sexual offences.
- Social And Preventive Medicine: Occupational, Information and Basic Medical Statistics, Genetics, Epidemiologic Methods, Principles of Epidemiology, Mental and Health, Health Planning and Management, Demography and Family Planning, Screening for Disease, Preventive Medicine in Obstetrics Pediatrics and Geriatrics, Epidemiology of chronic, Communication for Health Education, Non-Communicable Diseases and Conditions, Environment and Health, Nutrition & Health, Social Sciences and Health, International Health, Epidemiology of Communicable Diseases.
NEET PG Syllabus- Topics covered under Clinical Subject
Below is the detailed NEET PG syllabus for clincal subject:
- Psychiatry: Schizophrenia, Anxiety disorders, Mood disorders, Adjustment disorders, Cognitive disorders, Somatoform disorders, Impulse control disorders, Sexual disorders, Personality disorders, Impulse control disorders, Miscellaneous Topics
- Ophthalmology: Anatomy and development of eye, Systemic ophthalmology, Disease of Uveal tract, lens, lacrimal apparatus, conjunctiva, Glaucoma, vitreous, Retina, Vision and neuro-ophthalmology cornea, Optics and refraction, sclera, lids, Basic principles of ocular therapy, orbit, Ocular injuries, Clinical methods in ophthalmology, Strabismus and Nystagmus, Community Ophthalmology.
- Pediatrics: Growth, Kidney and Urinary Tract Disorders, Development, Growth Disorders, Cardiovascular System Disorders, Malignancy in Childhood, Genetic Disorders, Macronutrient Disorders, Adolescent Health and Development, Neuromuscular Disorders, Gastrointestinal System and Liver Diseases, Hematological disorders, Common Skin Disorders And Leprosy, Ocular Manifestations of Systemic Disorders. Inborn Errors of Metabolism, Respiratory System, Endocrine and Metabolic Disorders, Collagen Vascular Disorders, Micronutrient in Health & Disease, Practical Procedures, Pediatric Critical Care, Integrated Management of Childhood Illness, Rational drug therapy, Poisoning and Accidents, Nutrition Fluids and electrolytes, Immunity and Immunization, Newborn infants, Infectious diseases, Common Protozoal & Helminthic infections, Ear Nose and Throat Disease.
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Gynaecology: Conception, Ectopic Gestation, Trophoblastic diseases, Diseases & Injury to the female genital tract, Disorders of Menstruation Birth control, MTP, PID, Chronic pelvic pain, Tumors and its therapy, Endometriosis.
- Obstetrics: Special topics in obstetrics, Operative Obstetrics, Medical and Surgical illness Complicating Pregnancy, Diseases of Foetus and newborn, Postmaturity, Pre-term labour, Obstructed Labour, Prolonged labour, Cord prolapsed, Malpresentation, Malposition, IUD, PROM, Normal Pregnancy, Complications of pregnancy.
- Medicine: Infectious diseases, Gastrointestinal disease, Liver, Rheumatology, Bone Disease, Haematological Disease, Medical Oncology Haematological Malignancy, Renal Disease, Cell and Molecular Biology, Genetic Disorders, Respiratory Disease, Endocrine disease, Diabetes Mellitus, Water electrolyte and acid-base balance, Drug therapy and Poisoning, Environmental Medicine, Tropical Medicine, Sexually Transmitted Diseases, Intensive Care Medicine, Nutrition, Metabolic Disorders and Neurological disease, Biliary Tract and Pancreatic Disease, Cardiovascular disease and Clinical Immunology.
- Dermatology: Malignant Skin disease, Disorders of Pigmentation, Papulo vesicular disorders, Systemic disorders, Pediculosis, Fungal infections, Leprosy, Scabies, Papulosquamous disorders, STD, Allergic disorders etc.
- Radiodiagnosis: Diagnostic features and Signs, Systemic Radiology, Physics and Technique
- Radiotherapy: Radiotherapy, Chemotherapy, Nuclear medicine
- Anaesthesia- Diseases of Oral Cavity, Diseases of Pharynx, Regional Anaesthesia, General Anaesthesia, Anaesthesia Drugs, Critical Care and Anaesthesia in Coexisting Diseases
- ENT: Salivary Glands, Diseases of Ear, Diseases of Nose and Paranasal Sinuses, Diseases of Larynx and Trachea, Diseases of Recent advances, Esophagus, Clinical methods in ENT, Neck, Operative surgery, Orthopaedics Fractures and Injuries, Bone tumours, CTEV, PIVD, Back pain, Degenerative and metabolic bone disease, Miscellaneous Bone diseases
- Surgery: Umbilicus and Abdominal wall Cardiothoracic Surgery, Head Injury, Transplantation and Oncology, Paediatric Surgery, Burns, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Gastrointestinal Surgery, Urogenital Surgery and Hernia.
Topic wise weightage of NEET PG Syllabus 2020:
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology||25|
|Medicine Dermatology And Venereology||37|
|Social And Preventive Medicine||25|
|Radiodiagnosis & Radiotherapy||12 (6+6)|
|Surgery, ENT, Orthopedics & Anaesthesia||46|
NEET PG 2020 Reference Books
In order to prepare yourself, the aspirants should follow the below mentioned reference books. These books are not only helpful to build in-depth knowledge, but also are beneficial to make a clear understanding about the exam pattern in the mind of the aspirants.
|Name of the Books||Author Name||ISBN|
|All India PG Medical Entrance Exam with Answers||Gupta, Krishnamurthy & Sethi||978-8123925776|
|DNB CET Review for Primary and Post Diploma||Vaibhav Bharat & Ishad Aggarwal||978-8189477219|
|DAMS Beat The NEET||Sumer K Sethi||978-8184451214|
|Self Assessment and Review of NEET Pattern Question||Arvind Arora||978-9380438658|
|Postgraduate Medical Entrance Exam, Volume 2 & 3||Amit Tripathi & Ashish Gupta||978-9380438771|
NEET 2020 PG Preparation Tips
Read the following content in order to know the NEET 2020 PG Preparation tips:
Prepare a schedule: The candidates should select the target for achieving. The aspirants are advised to clear the concepts of those topics, which have higher weightage. Give more time on those topics. They need to devote regular hours for studying the high weightage topics.
Time management: Effective time management process leads you to utilise the time for your benefit. Distribution of time should be kept as per the weightage of the topics. Hence, if you do not manage the time properly, you would not be able to complete the revision of comprehensive and bulk NEET PG Syllabus.
Clarify the doubts: Do not leave your doubts casually. It is advised to clarify your doubts when you are preparing for NEET PG 2020 exam. In this respect, the aspirants can ask for help from scholars, teachers and subject experts.
Regular assessment: During your regular practice session, you have to practice NEET PG sample papers and mock tests for understanding the exam pattern.
Ans. 10821 aspirants can enrol their names for Master of Surgery, 19953 candidates for Doctor of Medicine coursework, 1979 applicants for PG Diploma and 1338 candidates for DNB CET coursework respectively through the NEET PG 2020.
Ans. There is no such limit of attempting the NEET PG 2020 exam.
Ans. The names of colleges are such as AIIMS, New Delhi, and other AIIMS, PGIMER, Chandigarh, JIPMER, Puducherry, NIMHANS, Bengaluru and Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum.
Ans. Yes, the aspirants can join the NEET 2020 PG counselling process through online.
Ans. Yes, the candidates need to have an Adhar card for appearing in the NEET PG 2020 exam.
Ans. NEET PG 2020 exam is reviewed as moderate to difficult in terms of difficulty level.