NTA has announced NEET 2021 exam date and the exam will be conducted on September 12, 2021 in offline mode. The NEET UG 2021 exam will be held in 13 languages this year. The last date to apply for NEET 2021 has been extended till August 10, 2021. NEET 2021 application forms have also been released on nta.neet.nic.in. To appear in NEET 2021, candidates must register for the entrance exam by filling the NEET 2021 application form, uploading scanned images, application fee payment and taking a printout of the filled application form.
- 4 August 2021: NTA has extended the NEET registration Date till August 10.
- 4 August 2021: Revised NEET Reservation Criteria has released by NTA.
- 4 August 2021: Due to Covid, NTA has increased the number of NEET Exam Centres.
NEET 2021 Important Dates
All the aspirants are mandatorily advised to carry NEET 2021 admit card along with declaration and ID proof without which no entry will be permitted in the examination hall. Tabulated below is the summary of all the important NEET 2021 exam date by NTA:
|Events||NEET 2021 Dates by NTA (Official)|
|Application forms release date||July 13, 2021|
|Last date to fill the application||August 10, 2021 till 5:00 PM (Extended)|
|Last date to pay the registration fee||August 10, 2021 till 11:50 PM (Extended)|
|NEET 2021 Application form correction window||August 11-14, 2021|
|Release of NEET 2021 Admit Card||September 9, 2021|
|NEET 2021 exam date by NTA||September 12, 2021|
|Release of provisional answer key||To Be Announced|
|Release of final answer key||To Be Announced|
|NEET 2021 result||To Be Announced|
Some Notable Information About NEET 2021 Exam:
- All the candidates will get the opportunity to make corrections through NEET 2021 Application Form Correction Window where they can correct their form (if necessary).
- NTA will send a text message to the aspirants who are going to appear for the exams like NEET 2021, JEE Main 2021, etc. specifically containing the helpline number.
- The aspirants need to be 17 years old by 31st December, 2021 to apply for the NTA NEET 2021 exam.
- Also, the upper age limit for unreserved candidates is 25 years while it is 30 years for the reserved candidates. However, as the judgement upholding the upper age limit is challenged and the matter is pending, candidates over the age of 25 years are provisionally allowed to appear for NEET. But their candidature will be subject to the outcome of the pending petitions.
- Furthermore, candidates need to sign a self-declaration form if the candidates from Jammu and Kashmir and Union Territories of Ladakh are willing to claim seats via 15% AIQ.
- NTA has been conducting NEET for filling seats to the BDS and MBBS degree for the Medical and Dental coursework program in India to the aspirants since the year 2019.
NEET 2021 Exam Day Schedule
|Last entry in exam hall||1:30 PM|
|Sitting in exam hall||1:15 PM Onwards|
|Announcement of instructions and checking of admit card||1:30-1:45 PM|
|Distribution of test booklets||1:45 PM|
|Writing particulars on test booklet by candidates||01:50 PM|
|Test Commences||02:00 PM|
|Test Concludes||05:00 PM|
|Declaration of Results||September 2021|
|Material to be brought on examination day||Admit Card and Passport size photograph|
|Rough Work||To be done in the Test Booklet only. Candidates cannot do any rough work or put a stray mark on the machine gradable Answer Sheet.|
|Use of Blue/Black Ball Point Pen only||Pen will be provided at the center for writing of particulars on the Test Booklet and responses on the Answer Sheet|
NEET 2021 Application Form Date and Process
The NEET 2021 Application process has started from July 13 onwards. The applications will close on August 6, 2021. Candidates will be allowed to submit their application fees till August 7, 2021. The candidates will be able to fill NEET 2021 application form through online mode only. Successful registration is the only way of appearing in the NTA NEET 2021 exam. No offline application form will be accepted. All aspirants are required to ensure that they meet the NEET UG 2021 eligibility criteria before applying for the exam. Following are the steps for filling online NEET 2021 application form:
- Visit the NTA NEET 2021 official website i.e. nta.neet.nic.in.
- Hit the ‘Fill Registration Form’ link on the home page. Read More About NEET Login
- Fill all the necessary details like name, contact, domicile and qualification.
- Upload the scanned images (signature, photograph) in the jpeg format prescribed.
- Make the fee payment online or offline.
- On successful payment, acknowledgment slip will be generated. Save it for future reference and record.
Note: It is mandatory for Indian citizens to provide their Aadhar card number in the NTA NEET 2021 Application form.
NEET 2021 Form Correction Dates
NTA will open the correction window from August 8, 2021 to August 12, 2021. In order to make corrections in the form during the NEET 2021 application form correction window, the aspirants are required to first visit the official website and then need to provide the application number and password. Hence, you can login to your account and can modify the application form (if required). You are advised to check the form carefully before you submit the final form, otherwise you will not be able to modify it later.
NEET 2021 Registration and Admit Card Date
The candidates should keep all the required documents including the admit card in one place prior to the NEET 2021 exam date, so that they do not forget to carry them to the exam hall. NEET 2021 admit card will be released 3 days prior to the exam. It will contain all the information like roll number, name of the candidates, parent’s name, date of birth, photograph and signature, address of the NEET exam centre , reporting time and exam date etc.
Exam Day Guidelines of NTA NEET 2021 Exam
- The aspirants should reach the exam hall at the time allotted to them on the admit card. Also, they will not get permission to enter the hall after 1.30 PM.
- Candidates should carry the important documents required on Exam Day to avoid any hassle on the day of the examination.
- They should abide by the NEET 2021 exam instructions, guidelines and rules.
- Candidates must not carry barred items to the NEET exam center.
- It is advised to the aspirants to follow the dress code to appear in the NEET UG 2021 Examination.
- Additionally, in case of wearing customary dress, the aspirants are advised to report to the allotted examination hall at least 2 hours prior to the exam timing.
- Similarly, if the aspirants are caught indulging in any unfair means or if they breach the code of conduct of NEET 2021 Exam, then they might be debarred from the exam (if required).
NEET 2021 Answer Key Date
The National Testing Agency will release the NEET 2021 Answer Key after the exam but the date has not been specified yet. The NEET 2021 answer key will be published in two phases:
- In the first phase, NTA will release the provisional NEET 2021 answer key. After that the aspirants can challenge the answer key (if they feel, any answer is incorrect). If the objection is valid, the NEET provisional answer will be revised by NTA key after incorporating the changes.
- In the second phase, the final NEET 2021 answer key will be released by the NEET authority.
Apart from the official answer key release, many coaching centers publish the unofficial answer key on their websites.The unofficial answer key will be released within a few days of completing the NEET.
NEET 2021 Result Dates
It can be expected that the NEET 2021 result will be published in the month of September 2021 by NTA. The candidates can check the result on the official website and can download it by following the same process. Candidates must note that NTA will not send the NEET 2021 result to the aspirants through post.
NEET 2021 Counselling Dates
NEET 2021 Counselling process allows candidates to opt seats in their preferred NEET score accepting institutes or colleges. This process is expected to start after the declaration of NEET 2021 results.
- NEET 2021 cut off will be published along with NEET 2021 result.
- The interested candidates, who are willing to attend All India Quota (AIQ) Counselling process, should register themselves for two rounds of online counselling.
- Seat allocation will be completed based on the category of the candidates, NEET 2021 cut off and rank of the aspirants.
- To participate in the state counselling process, the candidates should enrol their names in the State Quota process.
|Events||NEET 2021 Dates by NTA (Tentative)|
|NEET 2021 Result Declaration||September 2021|
|First round of NEET Counselling for AIQ, Deemed, CI||Yet To Announce|
|Last date of joining after first round of counselling for AIQ, Deemed, CI||Yet To Announce|
|Second round of NEET Counselling for AIQ, Deemed, CI||Yet To Announce|
|Last date of joining after second round of counselling for AIQ, Deemed, CI||Yet To Announce|
|Mop up round of NEET Counselling for Deemed, CI||Yet To Announce|
|Last date of joining after mop up round in deemed, CI||Yet To Announce|
Note: The aspirants need to claim their seats within the mentioned timeline, otherwise it will be allotted to the next deserving candidates (from the waiting list). Additionally, the counselling process for the students will not be conducted again. Since NEET 2021 exam date is around the corner, the aspirants are advised to use this time to solve NEET Sample Papers. Check Best Books for NEET 2021 Preparations