NEET 2020 exam date has been rescheduled for September 13, 2020, as per HRD Minister’s latest tweet. On 17 August, 2020, SC has dismissed all the petitions by students for further rescheduling of NEET exam 2020.
- NTA stated that due to COVID-19 spread, NEET exam will not be conducted outside India this year.
- Though, NTA has increased the total exam centers in India from 2546 to 3843 to conduct the exam successfully.
- NEET exam will be conducted by NTA in 155 cities in India.
Latest Update: NEET Admit Card have been released by NTA.Candidates can download the NEET Admit Card till 13 september, 2020.
NEET 2020 Exam Dates
It is mandatory for all the aspirants to carry NEET 2020 admit card along with declaration and ID proof without which no entry will be permitted in the examination hall. Tabulated below is the summary of all the important NEET 2020 exam dates:
|Application forms release date||2 December 2019|
|Last date to fill the application||9 February 2020|
|Last date to pay the registration fee||9th February 2020|
|NEET 2020 Application form correction window||4th to 20th July, 2020|
|Release of NEET 2020 Admit Card||26 August, 2020|
|NEET 2020 new exam date (Revised)||13 September 2020|
|Release of provisional answer key||Yet to Announce|
|Release of final answer key||Yet to Announce|
|NEET 2020 result||Delayed|
Some Notable Information on NEET 2020 Exam:
- The candidates get the opportunity to make corrections. They could correct their form (if necessary) from 4th to 20th July, 2020.
- The aspirants were also able to correct their preferable exam centers.
- NTA will send a text message to the aspirants, who are going to appear for the exams like JEE Main 2020, NEET 2020, specifically containing the helpline number.
- Intermediate science graduates, who have less than 50% score, are eligible to appear in the entrance exam of NEET 2020. Likewise, the age group, more than 25 years, are also capable to take part in the NEET 2020 entrance exam.
- The aspirants only need to be 17 years old by 31st December, 2020 to apply for the NEET 2020 exam.
- Furthermore, candidates need to sign a self-declaration form if the candidates from Jammu and Kashmir and Union Territories of Ladakh are willing to claim seats via 15% AIQ.
- NTA has been offering both the BDS and MBBS degree for the Medical and Dental coursework program in India to the aspirants since the year 2019.
NEET 2020 Exam Day Schedule
|Last entry in exam hall||1:30 PM|
|Sitting in exam hall||1:15 PM Onwards|
|Announcement of instructions and checking of admit card||1:30-1:45 PM|
|Distribution of test booklets||1:45 PM|
|Writing particulars on test booklet by candidates||01:50 PM|
|Test Commences||02:00 PM|
|Test Concludes||05:00 PM|
|Declaration of Results||Delayed (To be announced)|
|Material to be brought on examination day||Admit Card and Passport size photograph|
|Rough Work||To be done in the Test Booklet only. Candidates cannot do any rough work or put a stray mark on the machine gradable Answer Sheet.|
|Use of Blue/Black Ball Point Pen only||Pen will be provided at the center for writing of particulars on the Test Booklet and responses on the Answer Sheet|
Exam Day Guidelines of NEET 2020
- The aspirants should reach the exam hall at least an hour before starting the exam. They will not get the permission to enter the hall after 1.30 PM.
- Candidates should carry the important documents to carry on NEET Exam Day to avoid any hassle before the examination.
- Candidates should abide by the NEET exam day instructions, guidelines and rules.
- Aspirants must not carry barred items to the exam center.
- It is advised to the aspirants to follow the dress code to appear in the NEET UG 2020 Examination.
- Additionally, in case of wearing customary dress, the aspirants are advised to report to the allotted examination hall within 12.30 PM (maximum).
- Similarly, if the aspirants are caught with any unfair means or if they breach the code of conduct of NEET Exam, then they might be debarred from the exam (if required).
Kindly note down that within the projected timeline, if the aspirants will not claim their seats, the seat will be allotted to the next aspirants, who are next on the waiting list. As a result, those candidates will not get the permission to attend the final round of counselling.
NEET 2020 Registration and Admit Card Date
NEET 2020 Registration began from December 2, 2019 to February 9, 2020 (closed). Successful registration is the only way of appearing in the NEET 2020 exam. The candidates should keep all the required documents including the admit card in one place prior to the NEET exam date, so that they do not forget to carry them to the exam hall.
|Release of Official NEET Application Form 2020||December 2, 2019|
|First day of NEET Registration 2020||February 3, 2020|
|Last day of NEET Registration 2020||February 9, 2020|
|NEET Form Correction Window||Opened till 20th July, 2020 ( now closed)|
|NEET 2020 Admit Card ( Released)||26 August, 2020|
NEET 2020 admit card of the aspirants contains roll number, name of the candidates, name of parents, date of birth, photograph and signature, address of the exam centre, reporting time and exam date etc.
Also Check NEET 2020 Seat Allotment Process
NEET 2020 Application Form Date and Process
The NEET 2020 Application process has started from December 2, 2019. You will be able to fill NEET 2020 application form only online. No offline application form will be accepted.
All aspirants are required to ensure their eligibility criteria before applying for NEET 2020. Following are the steps for filling online application form:
- Visit the NEET official website @ntaneet.nic.in.
- Hit the ‘Apply Online’ link on the home page. Read About NEET Login
- Fill all the necessary details like name, contact, domicile and qualification.
- Upload the scanned images (signature, photograph) in the jpeg format prescribed.
- Make the fee payment online or offline.
- On successful payment, acknowledgment slip will be generated. Save it for future reference and record.
Note: It is mandatory for Indian citizens to provide an Aadhar card in the Application form.
NEET 2020 Correction Window
NTA has reopened the correction window till 20th July, 2020. In order to get the access of the NEET 2020 correction window, the aspirants are required to first visit the official website that is ntaneet.nic.in and then need to provide the application number and password. Hence, you can login to your account and can modify the application form (if required). You are advised to check the form carefully before you submit the final form, otherwise you will not be able to modify it later.
|Event||NEET Exam Dates|
|Start date of NEET 2020 correction window||4th July 2020|
|End date of NEET 2020 correction window||20th July 2020|
NEET 2020 Answer Key
The National Testing Agency will release the NEET 2020 Answer Key. The answer key of NEET 2020 will be published in two phases. In the first phase, NTA will release the provisional NEET 2020 answer key. After that the aspirants can challenge the answer key (if they feel, any answer is incorrect). If the objection is valid, NEET provisional answer will be revised by NTA key after incorporating the changes.
In the second phase, the final NEET 2020 answer key will be released by the NEET authority. Apart from the official answer key release, many coaching centers publish the unofficial answer key on their websites.The unofficial answer key will be released within a few days of completing the NEET.
NEET 2020 Result
It can be expected that the NEET 2020 result will be published in the month of October by NTA. The candidates can check the result to the official website. You can download the result from their official website, by following the same process. NTA will not send the NEET 2020 result to the aspirants through post. The NEET 2020 result will be accompanied by the publication of the final answer key.
Check | NEET 2020 Merit List
NEET 2020 Counselling Dates
NEET Counselling process allows candidates to opt seats in their preferred NEET score accepting institutes or colleges. This process is expected to start after the declaration of NEET results.
- NEET cut off will be published along with NEET 2020 result.
- The interested candidates, who are willing to attend All India Quota (AIQ) Counselling process, should register themselves for two rounds of online counselling processes.
- Seat allocation will be completed based on the category of the candidates, NEET 2020 cutoff and rank of the aspirants.
- To participate in the state counselling process, the candidates should enrol their names in the State Quota process.
|NEET 2020 Result Declaration||Yet To Announce|
|First round of NEET Counselling for AIQ, Deemed, CI||Yet To Announce|
|Last date of joining after first round of counselling for AIQ, Deemed, CI||Yet To Announce|
|Second round of NEET Counselling for AIQ, Deemed, CI||Yet To Announce|
|Last date of joining after second round of counselling for AIQ, Deemed, CI||Yet To Announce|
|Mop up round of NEET Counselling for Deemed, CI||Yet To Announce|
|Last date of joining after mop up round in deemed, CI||Yet To Announce|
Note: The aspirants need to claim their seats within the mentioned timeline, otherwise it will be allotted to the next deserving candidates (from the waiting list). Additionally, the counselling process for the students will not be conducted again.
Check the NEET 2020 Participating Colleges for Counselling Process
Since NEET 2020 exam is around the corner, the aspirants are advised to use this time to solve NEET Sample Papers.
NEET Exam Dates Frequently Asked Questions
Ans: NEET 2020 Examination will be held on 13 September, 2020 .
Ans. NTA has postponed NEET 2020 exam date further to September 13, due to COVID-19 pandemic.
Ans. NEET 2021 exam might be held in the month of May, 2021 (tentative).
Ans. NEET 2020 result will be declared in the second week of October (tentative).
Ans: The application form has been released from 2nd December, 2019.
Ans: Last date to submit the application form was 9 February, 2020.
Ans: The first round of NEET 2020 counselling is expected to begin from 2nd week of october 2020.
Ans: The state counselling of NEET 2020 will begin immediately after the completion of All India counselling.
Answer: The number of applicants will rise every year, so the cut off will also increase that is why the exam gets tougher. But you will crack the exam easily just completing all the chapters of physics, chemistry or biology in NCERT.
Ans: NEET 2020 admit card has been released by NTA and is available for download till 13 september, 2020.
Answer: Yes, The preparation tips of NEET are as following:
- Solve previous year question paper
- Read all the chapters of NCERT
- Revise the formulae and important equations
Ans: Yes, candidates are advised to preserve the admit card till the admission process. NEET Admit call will also be required in the counselling process.
Answer: No, you can’t give the exam before 17. Because the candidates should have attained a minimum 17 years of age on or before 31st December at the time of admission. The maximum age limit for candidates is 25 years (General and OBC category) and 30 years (reserved categories).
Answer: Eligibility for General is 50% and for SC/ST/OBC it is 40%. Percentage and percentile are different. NEET qualifying percentile is 40 means 105 marks out of 720 for SC/ST. In General, it is 50 percentile which means 130 marks out of 720.
Ans: Candidate can check the result on official website:- ntaneet.nic.in/ntaneet/welcome.aspx.