Latest Update: The counselling committee of NEET PG has declared the seat allotment result for round 2 of NEET PG 2020 Counselling.
19 June 2020: Second round DNB Counselling of 2020 has been rescheduled. Choice of filling for the counselling process will be opened from 22 June 2020, since choice of filling up to 18 June announced invalid.
15 June 2020: Second round NEET PG Counselling process has been published by MCC.
NEET PG 2020 is conducted successfully on January 5, 2020. NBA has issued the result for NEET PG 2020 on January 30 on the official site. Candidates can download the list of successful students from nbe.edu.in. The shortlisted candidates will be called for the counselling process.
To download list of shortlisted candidates in NEET PG 2020, click here
NEET PG is meant for admission into MD/MS/Post Graduate Diploma courses for the academic session 2020. The exam is conducted annually by NBE (National Board of Examinations). NEET PG Application form could be submitted from November 1 to November 21, 2019.
Eligible candidates need to visit the official site of NBE at nbe.edu.in and register themselves for filling the NEET PG Application form. Those who have an MBBS degree or provisional MBBS pass certificate recognized by MCI can apply for NEET PG. You must have completed one year of internship on or before March 31, 2020 to be eligible.
Highlights of NEET PG 2020
|Name of the exam||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Post-Graduate courses (NEET PG)|
|Competent authority||National Board of Examination (NBE)|
|Exam for Course Level||Postgraduate|
|Mode of entrance test||Online|
|Test duration||210 minutes|
|Total number of test cities||162 cities in India|
|Total Number of colleges||
|Offered course||MD/MS/PG Diploma/DNB post-MBBS|
|Date of exam||5th January, 2020|
|Exam Helpdesk No.||011-45593000|
|NBE NEET PG Helpdesk||1800 266 7075 (Toll-Free) | [email protected]|
|Exam Website & Email||https://neetpg.nbe.edu.in/[email protected]|
Find the following names of the medical colleges, which are not covered under centralized admissions for MS/MD seats through NEET PG coursework:
- JIPMER, Puducherry
- AIIMS, New Delhi
- Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum
- PGIMER, Chandigarh
- NIMHANS, Bengaluru
- SGPGIMS, Lucknow.
NEET PG is valid only for the following criteria:
- 50% AIQ seats are reserved for MS/MD/PG Diploma courses across all states, irrespective of Jammu & Kashmir, Telengana and Andhra Pradesh.
- State quota seats for MS/MD/PG coursework is available for all states/territories students (including the aforementioned states).
- Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions offer MS/MD/Pg coursework
- Private medical colleges, Deemed Universities/ Institutions also offer MS/MD/Pg coursework
- The candidates can enrol their names for DNB Broad speciality courses (From January 2020 Admission Session).
NEET PG 2020 Statistics
Statistics of Registered Candidates: NEET PG 2020
|No. of candidates registered||167102|
|Cities in which exam conducted||169|
|Test Centres where NEET PG 2020 conducted||562|
|Independent Appraisers appointed at NEET PG Test Centres||1248|
Statistics of Appeared Aspirants: NEET PG 2020
|No. Of Candidates Present||160888|
|No. Of Candidates declared Ineligible||12|
Important dates for NEET PG 2020
NEET PG exam schedule is now released by NBE at their official site. You can visit the site and download the exam schedule from the NEET PG 2020 information bulletin.
The following table mentions the important dates that you should keep in before and after NEET PG 2020 examination-
|NEET PG Application form||November 1 to 21, 2019|
|NEET PG Admit Card||December 31, 2019|
|NEET PG Exam Date||January 5, 2020|
|NEET PG Result||January 30, 2020|
|NEET PG Counselling||March 12 to June 22, 2020|
|NEET PG Seat Allotment||June 16 to June 22 for Round 2|
NEET PG 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- If the candidates would have MBBS degree or provisional MBBS pass certification, would be recognised according to the provisions of Indian Medical Council Act 1956.
- The aspirants, who have provisional or permanent registration certificate of MBBS qualification issued by either the State Medical Council or the Medical Council of India, are eligible for NEET 2020 PG.
- In addition, the applicants should have a one year knowledge of internship. They should assure that their internship had completed before 31 March 2020.
- Registration will not be the utmost level for aspirants of taking admission into the medical colleges/institutes for MS/MD /PG diploma coursework.
Scope of NEET PG 2020 Exam
The aspirants, who are willing to pursue their postgraduate courses in 2020-2021 academic year, can take admission to the below mentioned institutions:
- Except Jammu and Kashmir, Telengana and Andhra Pradesh, the students can enrol their names for 50% All India Quota Seats
- State quota seats, including the seats of Jammu and Kashmir
- AFMC Institutions
- Deemed Universities and all private medical colleges across the nation
- DNB broad speciality courses (Admission Session of January 2020).
Through NEET PG 2020 exam, the aspirants can take admission for MD/MS course work.
- SGPGIMS Lucknow
- Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum
NEET PG 2020 Application Form
NEET PG Application Process is completely online. Candidates need to fill and submit the form online only as there is no provision to fill the form offline. Before filling the NEET PG Application form, you must register yourself with a valid mobile number and E-mail address.
Once you have successfully registered yourself, you can fill the application form by clicking on ‘Candidate login’. There is no need to send the hardcopy of the Application form to NBE. Application Form is divided into 3 sections-
- Personal Details
- Qualification Details
- Test Center Details
After correctly filling all the above mentioned details, the Application form is considered complete to proceed to the fee payment section.
How to Fill Application Form:-
- Visit the official website and click on ‘New Registration’ link.
- Fill the registration form for obtaining User ID and Password.
- Use the issued credentials and Log in again.
- Fill in the application form
- Upload Photograph and Signature.
- Select exam center and pay the fees.
NEET PG 2020 Application fees
Application form is submitted successfully only after the payment of application fees. Fees can be paid through Net Banking/Debit Card/Credit Card. Following table gives the NEET PG 2020 Application fees-
|Category||Application fees (INR)|
|General and OBC||3750|
NEET PG 2020 Application Form Correction Window
The aspirants got facility to modify their application form (if required) from 3 December to 7 December, 2019. However, the candidates would not get chance to edit all the fields. Read the following content to identify the specific fields, which can be modified:
- Date of Birth
- EWS status
- Physical disability status
- According to specifications, the aspirants should upload the thumb impression, passport size photograph and signature.
The following fields cannot be modified:
- Mobile number
- Email ID
- Testing City
- Name of the candidate
NEET PG 2020 Admit Card
You must regularly check the official site of NBE for any updates regarding the exam dates. NBE will release a public notice for downloading the NEET PG Admit Card from December 28, 2019. Only those who have successfully filled the Application form will be able to download the admit card on the mentioned date.
Students can follow the below steps to download the NEET PG admit card:
- Visit the official website of NBE i.e. nbe.edu.in
- Click on the NEET PG 2020 Admit card
- Now a login window will appear
- Enter the credentials like username and password
- Click on the login button
- After clicking on the button, the admit card will be displayed on the screen. Students can download and take the printout of it for their future reference.
Details Mentioned on the Admit Card
- Candidate’s Name
- Exam Day Instruction
- Exam Date and Time
- Reporting Time
- Exam Duration
- Exam centre’s Address
NEET PG 2020 Exam Centre
Students can choose the examination centre as per their preference at the time of filling the application form. But the final allocation is done by the examination conducting authority on the first come first serve basis. Additionally, preferable city is also dependent upon the availability of the test center in a particular city. Find the below mentioned important points related to the NEET PG 2020 Exam Centers:
- The aspirants are capable to check the list of cities (which are available) during the application submission process.
- NBE will take confirm the final allotment of test center when the candidates submit their preferable choice of NEET PG 2020 exam center.
- The students will be capable to see the address and the location of the exam center in the NEET PG admit card.
- NBE will not entertain the request of the students for changing the exam city or center.
Following is the list of exam centers from which students can choose anyone:
|Greater Noida||Vijayawada||Navi Mumbai|
NEET PG Exam Pattern
Applicants are advised to check the examination pattern in advance before preparing for the exam. After knowing the examination pattern, students will come to know about the type of questions asked in the exam. A demo test is provided before 15 minutes of exam time at the exam center. Following is the detailed explanation of NEET PG Examination pattern:
- The examination is conducted in online mode only
- The paper is comprised of 300 multiple choice questions
- Paper was only in the English language
- Total time duration given to complete the paper is 3 hours 30 minutes
- For every correct answer, one mark will be awarded
- There is no negative marking
Exam Pattern Highlights Table
|Mode of examination||Online|
|Number of Questions||300|
|Duration of exam||3 hours 30 minutes|
The following table shows the subject-wise distribution of questions:
|Subject||Weight-age of questions|
|Social and Preventive Medicine||25|
|Medicine, Dermatology and Venereology||37|
|Surgery, Orthopaedics, Anaesthesia, & ENT||46|
|Radiotherapy & Radiodiagnosis||12(6+6)|
|Gynaecology & Obstetrics||25|
According to the above weightage, maximum questions are asked from ‘Surgery, Orthopaedics, Anaesthesia, & ENT’ subject.
Check NEET PG Syllabus
NEET PG 2020 Exam Day Guidelines
- The aspirants should reach the exam centre at least one hour before the exam time.
- All the candidates need to go through the security processes. Hence, whether the aspirants are carrying the electronics gadgets like calculators, smartwatches, pagers are carrying or not, would be checked.
- You are not allowed to carry books, bags, pencil boxes, pens and writing pad etc. to the examination hall.
NEET PG 2020 Result
NEET PG result is declared on January 30, 2020. Students can check the result online on the official portal of NBE. With the help of the testing ID and date of birth, students can download their result. Following steps help students to download the result:
- Open the official website of NBE
- Click on the NEET PG 2020 Result
- Enter the details such as testing id and date of birth
- Click on the download button
After clicking on the button, the result will be displayed on the screen. Students are advised to download and take the printout of the final score for future use.
Merit List of NEET PG 2020
According to the rank of the applicants, NEET PG Merit list is prepared. NEET PG Merit list is four types, which are highlighted in the following:
- All India 50% Quota Rank
- All India NEET PG 2020 Rank
- State Quota or Private Medical colleges/ AFMS Rank
- All Idia NEET PG 2020 Rank
NEET PG Cut off
Cut off marks for NEET PG 2020 can be estimated by knowing the cut off of the previous year. You can use the below mentioned data to predict your score according to the category you belong to. NEET PG Cut off marks will be decided on the basis of various factors which are as following:
- Total number of students appearing in the exam
- Difficulty level of the question paper
- Availability of seats
- Previous year cut off trends
- Total number of students passed the exam
Find the following table to understand the qualifying NEET PG percentile for every category:
|SC/ ST/ OBC||40|
NEET PG 2020 Cut off is mentioned in the graph below:
NEET PG Counselling Process
On the basis of students score in the NEET PG, a merit list is prepared every year. Counselling for NEET PG is conducted by Directorate General of Health
Services, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India. Students can participate in the NEET counselling according to their rank in the merit list. In the counselling process, students have to fill their college and course choices.
Online Registration for NEET PG 2020 Counselling
The aspirants should follow the below mentioned steps for online registering in NEET PG 2020 counselling process:
- Aspirants have to create an official website of MCC
- The candidates require to fill application form of NEET PG 2020 counselling
- Submit the required documents
- Depose the application fee for NEET PG counselling process (net banking/credit card/ debit card)
- The candidates will get choice of filling and locking
- Do not forget to print a copy of duly filled application form
Students must bring the following list of documents at the time of counselling for verification:
- NEET PG 2020 Admit Card and Rank Card
- 12th class mark sheet and passing certificate
- 10th class mark sheet and passing certificate
- Graduation certificate
- Transfer certificate
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Counselling call letter
- Recent passport size photographs
The NEET PG Counselling process conducted in online mode by the MCC and DGHS. MCC and DGHS conduct counselling for admissions into 50% All India State Quota, rest 50% seat allotment is conducted by the state government.