MCC has released the final result for the second round of NEET PG Counselling on 16 June 2020. Candidates can download the seat allotment letters from the official website. MCC has also extended the physical reporting to the allotted college until 30 June 2020.
July 21, 2020: DGHS declares NEET PG and MDS 2020 Provisional Mop-up Result. Final Result will be declared on July 22, 2020.
June 19: Second round DNB Counselling has been rescheduled by NBE. And from 22 June, 2020, the choice filling has begun.
June 16: Considering the hardship, faced by the students during the lockdown, MCC has been extended the reporting date to the allocatted institutions till 30 June 2020.
June 15: MCC has released the seat allotment list for second round of NEET PG Counselling. To download seat allotment list click here
June 12: MCC will start NEET PG 2020 counselling Round 2 from June 03, 2020. It will be continued till 11 June 2020 (till 11:55 PM). Afterward, the seat allotment process will be continued for two days, which is 12th June to 13th June, 2020. The result for Round 2 will be announced on June 14, 2020. Aspirants are required to report the alloted college between 16th June to 22nd June, 2020. Read More
The counselling committee has started the NEET PG state Counselling round 1 from April 20 to May 4, 2020. As per the notice, the registration for NEET PG counselling 2020 round 1 has started on the official website. The payment for the same could also be done until the due date. Dates for Counselling Round 3 will be declared after further notice.
DGHS, on behalf of Medical counselling committee, is conducting NEET PG counselling. NEET PG is for admission into MD/MS/Pg Diploma courses. NEET PG counselling is for admission into 50% of All India Quota seats. The NEET PG result declared on January 30, 2020.
MCI defined the eligibility criteria for NEET PG counselling. Attending the counselling is mandatory and failure to do so will result in rejection. Aspirants can predict their rank using the NEET college predictor tool.
Important Dates of NEET PG 2020 Counselling
|Exam Date||January 5, 2020|
|Result Date||January 30, 2020|
|Registration for Round 1 AIQ counselling of NEET PG 2020||12 March 2020 to 24 March 2020|
|Round 1 Result||9 April, 2020|
|Reporting to the allocated medical college||Till 24th April 2020|
|Registration for Round 2 AIQ counselling of NEET PG 2020||June 03, 2020|
|Round 2 Result||June 15, 2020|
|Reporting to the allocated medical college||Until June 30, 2020|
|Transfer of seats to State Quota||To be announced|
Note– To get notified about all updates on Exam dates, you must stay tuned to the official site of NEET PG.
NEET PG 2020 Counselling Schedule
|Result was uploaded on||30-Jan-2020|
|First round of counselling|
|Online registration||12-Mar-2020 to 22-Mar-2020|
|Last date for payment of counselling fee||23-Mar-2020 (up to 4 pm)|
|Choice filling||16-Mar-2020 to 24-Mar-2020 (up to 11:55 pm)|
|Provisional seat allotment list released||09-Apr-2020|
|Final seat allotment list released||11-Apr-2020|
|Allotment letters released||11-Apr-2020 (5 pm onwards)|
|Reporting phase begins||13-Apr-2020|
|Last date for reporting to the institute allotted||24-Apr-2020|
|Last date for submitting the resignations (if any)||01-Jun-2020 (up to 5 pm)|
|Second round of counselling|
|Online registration||03-Jun-2020 to 09-Jun-2020 (up to 10 am)|
|Last date for payment of counselling fee||09-Jun-2020 (up to 12 noon)|
|Choice filling||04-Jun-2020 to 11-Jun-2020 (up to 11:55 pm)|
|Seat allotment list released date||15-Jun-2020|
|Reporting to the institute allotted||16-Jun-2020 to 30-Jun-2020|
|Transfer of vacant seats to State Quota||30-Jun-2020 (6 pm)|
|Mop-up round of counselling|
|Seat matrix for mop-up round will be released||Postponed until further notice|
|Online registration||Postponed until further notice|
|Last date for payment of counselling fee||Postponed until further notice|
|Choice filling||Postponed until further notice|
|Seat allotment list will be released||Postponed until further notice|
|Reporting to the institute allotted||Postponed until further notice|
|Transfer of vacant seats to the university||Postponed until further notice|
|Stray vacancy round||Postponed until further notice|
State Counselling Process of NEET PG 2020
According to the latest update by MCC, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) had permitted of conducting state counselling process. Hence, the round 1 NEET PG 2020 counselling process was organised from 20 April onwards.
State NEET PG 2020 Counselling Process of Rajasthan
Read the following content to find out the revised Rajasthan NEET PG 2020 Counselling by Counsellig board/Postgraduate Medical association and SMS Medical college, Jaipur.
|Choice filling and locking||April 19 to 21, 2020|
|Seat allotment||April 25 & 26, 2020|
|Announcement of result round one||April 26, 2020|
|Reporting at the college||April 27 to May 3, 2020|
- Under 50% state quota seats, there are approximately 977 MD and 469 MS seats to take admission into the 19 medical colleges.
- MCC conducts the counselling process for rest of the 50% seats filling to government medical colleges under AIQ seats.
State NEET PG 2020 Counselling Process for Karnataka
The first round registration for Karnataka PG Counselling Process has been started on 17 April 2020. The last date of registration was 20 April 2020. The qualified aspirants can attend the Karnataka counselling process under 50% seats quota.
|Application form and brochure were released||17-Apr-2020|
|Last date of filling the application form||20-Apr-2020 (11:59 pm)|
|Online verification of documents (Uploading||18-Apr-2020 (2 pm) to 21-Apr-2020 (5 pm)|
|KEA published the Set Matrix||23-Apr-2020 (4 pm)|
|Release date of the list of eligible a and thosstnaripse along with deficient documentation||24-Apr-2020 (4 pm)|
|Upload deficient documents (if needed)||25-Apr-2020 to 26-Apr-2020|
|Choice filling and locking||24-Apr-2020 (6 pm) to 27-Apr-2020 (11 am)|
State NEET PG 2020 Counselling Process of Gujarat
Gujarat State NEET PG 2020 counselling process will be published as per the NEET PG 2020 Merit list. Find the following table to identify the important schedule of Gujarat State PG Medical Admission 2020:
|Mock Round & 1st Round||Dates|
|Choice of Filling For Mock Round||17 – 19 Apr 2020|
|Result of Mock Round||20 Apr 2020|
|1st Round Final Choice Filling||20 – 22 Apr 2020|
|Display of Choices filled by candidates||22 Apr 2020|
|Display of Seat Allotment||23 Apr 2020|
|Payment of Fees at designated Axis Bank||23 – 28 Apr 2020|
|Reporting at Help Center & admitted college||24 – 30 Apr 2020|
NEET PG 2020 Counselling Process of Kerala
The NEET 2020 PG Kerala counselling process has been started and it has been conducted according to the merit list of the aspirants. Go through the following details to know the detailed information on the same:
|First Phase Option Registration Begins||April 13, 2020|
|First Phase Option Registration Ends On||April 21, 2020 (until 3pm)|
|Publication of Provisional Rank List||April 18, 2020|
|First Phase Allotment||April 23, 2020.|
|1st round of counselling||To be announced|
|Last date of joining||To be announced|
NEET PG 2020 Counselling Process of Maharastra
On 15 May 2020, first round seat allotment from the Maharastra NEET PG 2020 counselling process has been published.
|First-round seat allotment result||May 15, 2020|
|Confirmation/up-gradation/cancellation of admissions||May 16, 2020, to May 23 2020 (6 pm)|
|Last date for course fee Payment||May 23, 2020|
|Last date for submitting the status retention form||May 23, 2020 (6 pm)|
NEET PG 2020 Qualifying Percentile
To be eligible for the Counselling process, the candidates must qualify the exam with the minimum qualifying marks as specified by the authority. The NEET Cut off score has declared along with NEET PG result 2020. Candidates who have secured the minimum qualifying percentile are eligible for counselling process. The NEET PG 2020 cut off percentile and scores is mentioned in the table below:
NEET PG Cut off Score
|Category||Cut off score out of 1500 (Initial)||Cut off score out of 1500 (Revised)|
|Persons with disability||680.0611||643.1009|
NEET PG 2020 Cut off under 50% AIQ Seats
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||842.2654|
|Other Backward Classes PH||655.5969|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||655.1937|
|Scheduled Caste PH||658.5397|
|Schedule Tribe PH||673.4360|
NEET PG Cutoff Trends
|Category||Cutoff marks 2019||Cutoff marks 2018|
NEET PG 2020 Seat Matrix
NEET PG 2020 Seat Matrix shows the available number of seats under each special courses. Additionally, with the help of this matrix, an aspirants can check the available number of seats under particlar category.
NEET PG 2020 Counselling
MCC conduct NEET PG 2020 Counselling for admission through the following quota:-
- 50% State Quota seats
- 50% All India Quota seats
- Central Universities (DU, AMU, BHU)
- Deemed Universities
- Armed Forces Medical Services
- ESIC colleges
MCC has introduced a few important changes in the NEET PG Counselling process. Three major changes in NEET PG 2020 Counselling process are discussed in the following:
- Armed Forces Medical Services (AFMS)
- 50% All India Quota Seats
- Deemed and Central Universities
Furthermore, candidates have to register again for every next round of the counselling. Previously, such repetitive registration was not mandatory.
Kindly check the below chart for NEET PG Counselling Process:
For more details about Admit Card Click here
How to Apply for 50% AIQ Counselling Process
Follow the below mentioned steps to register for online NEET PG counselling 2020-
Step 1- NEET PG Counselling New User Registration
- Visit the official site of NEET PG Counselling Committee
- To register candidates need to enter the details like
- NEET PG roll number
- Application number
- Candidate’s name
- Birth date
- Security pin, etc.
- To proceed, you must click on ‘I Agree’ option which will show you the login credentials. You must save the credentials for future reference.
Step 2- Submitting Personal Details
- The second step in NEET PG Counselling process is candidates need to enter their personal details
- Date of birth
- Father’s name
- Permanent address etc.
- Be careful while entering these details as they cannot be changed after you hit the ‘Submit’ button.
- The details entered during NEET PG Counselling registration will be verified during document verification
Step 3- Payment of NEET PG Counselling fees
- NEET PG Counselling fees vary with the students’ category and university.
- There are a non-refundable registration fee and a refundable tuition fee that you must pay to proceed.
- Fee payment can be done through Net Banking/Credit card/ Debit card. The below-mentioned table elaborates the fee structure for NEET PG counselling-
NEET PG Counselling Non-Refundable Tuition Fee
|50% AIQ/Central university||UR||1000|
|Deemed University||All Categories||5000|
NEET PG Counselling Refundable Tuition Fee
|50% AIQ/Central university||UR||25,000|
|Deemed University||All Categories||2,00,000|
Step 4- Selecting the choices
- Once the counselling process begins, on the left side of the window, a section displaying available choice’s will be activated. if you have paid the fees for both kinds of counselling, you can select from both categories of choices.
- You can click on ‘+’ option to make the preferences. As you start making choices, preferences will shift from the left side of the page to the right side.
- You can change the order of choices, delete them before clicking on ‘save and continue’ option.
Step 5- Locking the choices
- For final submission of the choices, it is mandatory to lock the choices you have made.
- Until you lock your preferences, they can be modified.
- Once you have locked them, they are considered final and cannot be changed later.
Step 6- Saving and taking the Printout
- Candidates are advised to take a printout of the page after they have locked the choices.
- Keeping a printout of the same avoids any confusion and is a proof for any future references.
List of Required Documents
Candidates are advised to take their documents at the reporting center. Aspirants without any document will not be allowed to take admission in any college. Candidates are required to take original and one photocopy of the documents at the reporting center. The list of document required for verification process are:-
- NEET PG 2020 Result
- NEET PG 2020 Admit Card
- Mark sheet of MBBS (1, 2 and 3 professional examinations)
- MBBS degree certificate or provisional certificate
- Certificate for completion of internship from the head of the institute stating the completion of internship on or before March 31, 2020
- Permanent or provisional registration certificate issued by the Medical Council of India (MCI) or State Medical Council (SMC)
- Higher secondary certificate/ high school/date of birth for birth proof
- One identification proof – PAN card, driving license, voter ID, passport and Aadhaar card
- SC/ST category candidates required to submit SC/ST category certificate (in English or Hindi)
- OBC certificate issued by competent authority
- Disability certificate issued by the medical board only
NEET PG 2020 Merit List
National Board of Examination will prepare the NEET PG 2020 Merit List. The qualified students will find their names in the merit list. Read the following content to understand the tie breaking criteria. It is useful to prepare the merit list.
NEET PG 2020 Tie Breaking Criteria
If two or more aspirants will get same marks, then tie breaker criteria are followed to publish the merit list and their ranks accordingly:
- The aspirants, who will get less incorrect marks in three parts, will be ranked in NEET PG 2020 Merit list.
- If the students will get higher marks in part C compared to the similar score obtained students, they will be ranked to the higher position in the list.
- Similarly, the higher score obtained in part B will be positioned high in the merit list.
- On the other hand, if the medical graduates will achieve less score in part B, they will be allotted higher rank.
- Next, higher score obtained in part A, will be eligible to get higher position in the NEET PG 2020 merit list.
- If the aspirants will get lesser score deduction for incorrect responses in part A, will be capable to secure better rank in the merit list.
- Lastly, older age group candidates will be considered for higher rank.
NEET PG Seat Allotment
For NEET PG 2020 Seat Allotment the MCC will consider NEET PG Result, NEET PG Rank, Seats Availability, Preference provided, reservation criteria and other factors. MCC will declare the NEET PG 2020 counselling result considering candidates information filled in the registration. The seat allotment list will be released in online mode stating candidate’s All India Rank, remarks (whether allotted/not allotted), allotted college, course and allotted and candidate category.
Medical graduates who will be shortlisted for a seat will be allowed to download NEET PG 2020 seat allotment letter. Candidates need to visit the official website of MCC to download NEET PG 2020 allotment letter 2020 when released.
The information printed in the allotment letter is:-
- Candidate’s Name
- NEET 2020 Rank
- Allotted college
- Date and time of reporting among other details.
Detailed Explanations Related to the Basic Seat Counselling Process of NEET PG 2020
- 50% AIQ Seats: Once the NEET PG 2020 result is out, 50% AIQ seat allotment process or the counselling process will be conducted by government of India and MCC of Directorate General of Health Services.
- State Quota Seats: According to the score aquired by the students in NEET PG 2020 exam, the designated authority of the concerned states will organise this counselling process.
- Admission to Deemed University/Private Medical colleges: To take admission into the private medical colleges, or in Deemed Universities, the counselling will be organised by the designated authorities of those universities.
- Name Enrollment to Armed Forces Medical Service Institutions: Directorate General Armed Forces Medical Services (DGAFMS), Government of India and Ministry of Defence will conduct the counselling process for taking admission into the AFMS institutions.
- Admission to DNB Broad Specialty Courses: As per the merit list, National Board of Counselling organises the centralised merit based counselling.
NEET PG Counselling Round 2
If vacant seats left after round 1 then the second round of NEET PG 2020 counselling will be done. The eligibility of candidates appearing for the round of NEET PG 2020 counselling is mentioned below.
Eligibility for 2nd Round of Counselling
- Registered candidates who have not been allotted a seat in the first round.
- Candidates whose allotted seat got cancelled during document verification, who have secured seat under reserved quota due to change in category or PH status from Yes to No are eligible for counselling.
- Medical graduates who want to participate in the second round even after have been allotted, reported and joined the college.
- Candidates who exited from round one of counselling from round one and logs in again for the second round of NEET PG 2020 counselling.
Who are not eligible for taking part in the second round counselling of NEET PG 2020?
- If the aspirants will not report to the allotted institute after completing the first round counselling process.
- The students will not be capable to attend the second round counselling process if they will not change their category
- If the candidates reported the institute, however withdraw their names, then they cannot attend the second round counselling process.
- In case of not opting seat up-gradation, the students cannot attend the next counselling proess.
Important Instructions of NEET PG
- To take into the Central and Deemed Unievrsities, the aspirants should qualify three counselling rounds. At last, they also need to clear the Final Mop up round of the University level, specially for the stray vacancies.
- The candidates from Andhra Pradesh and Telengana can take part in the All India Counselling process.
- If the students cannot enrol their names for round 1 counselling process, they can register their names and can attend the round 2 counselling process.
- The qualified candidates have to pay the higher pay if they apply both for the AIQ and Deemed University. For instance, the charge of application will be INR 5000 that is for Deemed University.
- If the aspirants will be allotted to join the University from round 1 couselling process, then they should complete the admission procedure.
- If the students do not want to join to the allotted colleges, they can attend the second round counselling process. They do not need to apply for fresh registration. The seat allotment after first counselling process will be automatically cancelled. It will be allotted to the next eligible students (as per their ranks in merit list).
- The students should bring proof and other required documents. If any discrepancy finds, then it can be corrected.