Home » NEET Application Process
Category Archives: NEET Application Process
This exam is conducted for medical aspirants who want to take admission in MBBS and BDS courses offered by various medical and dental colleges in India. NTA has released the exam schedule for NEET at their official site.
Candidates who have successfully applied for NEET 2020 will be able to download the admit card.
Things you should know about Admit card:
- Admit card will only be available at official website
- There will be no facility of offline admit card
- A copy of the admit card in PDF format will be send to the candidate’s registered email id
- You must download the admit card and print it as soon as it is available
- Those who will not carry Admit card in the examination hall, shall not be permitted to enter the examination hall
- Admit card should be retained till the admission process is complete
NEET 2021 Application Form Phase 2 (Open): Check Registration Process, Dates, Fees, and Documents Required
NEET 2021 Application form for Phase 2 is started on 1 Oct and available till 10 Oct Upto 11:50 PM. In NEET 2021 Phase 2 registration, candidates do not have to pay the aditional fee. In Phase 2 of application form, aspirants have to upload the signature and photograph as per guidelines prescribed by the NTA. Along with this, candidates can edit field of phase 1 i.e. Gender, Nationality, Class 11 & 12 marks, category, e-mail address and sub-category. If a candidate fails to complete the phase 2 registration, then his/her candidature will be cancelled. Check NEET 2021 Document Uploading Guidelines
- 2 October 2021: NEET 2021 Phase 2 registration begin from 1 October 2021.
For easy, fast submission of data, the Registration process is divided into two sets/phases:
- First set of information needs to be filled before last submission of Application Form.
- Second set of information needs to be filled before the downloading of Score card/declaration of result.
Candidates who wish to seek admission in MBBS, BDS, BUMS, BAMS, BSMS, BHMS in any college in India must follow the NTA NEET 2021 registration process.
NEET 2021 Application Form: Points to Remember
- Candidates need to select the medium of question paper carefully, it cannot be changed in the correction period.
- Seats will be allotted to candidates randomly.
- OBC candidates need to select unreserved category.
- For submitting the NEET 2021 application fee via online mode, candidates need to keep credit card/debit card handy.
- Students need to keep the confirmation page safe for future reference.
- No late registrations are accepted.
- The aspirants need to submit only single form.
NEET 2021 Application Form: Highlights
|Conducting Authority||National Testing Agency|
|Mode of Registration||Online|
|Application fee||-General: 1500 INR -Gen-EWS/OBC: 1400 INR -SC/ST/PH/Persons with disability: 800 INR|
|Mode of payment||Both online and offline|
|Passing marks of NEET 2021||120 to 180 (average) out of 720 (For general candidates)|
You Might Like
NEET 2021 Application Form Dates
Candidates can find the important NEET 2021 Application Form Dates from below given table:
|Event||NEET form 2021 Date|
|NEET Application Form 2021 Release Date (Out)||13 July, 2021 (Phase 1)
1 October 2021 (Phase 2)
|Last date for NEET Application 2021 form submission||10 August 2021
10 October 2021 (Phase 2)
|Last date for fee payment|
|Application Correction Release Date||11 August 2021|
|Last date of Application Correction||14 August 2021|
|Release of admit card||8 September, 2021 (3 days before the exam)|
|NEET 2021 Exam Date by NTA||12 September, 2021|
|Declaration of Result||To be announced|
NEET 2021 Application Process
The NEET 2021 application process comprises of the following steps:
- Completing the NEET 2021 Registration Process.
- Finalizing the NEET 2021 Application form.
- Uploading a scanned image as per NEET Photo size format, scanned signature, thumb impression and other required documents.
- Fee payment and checking Status of receipt of online NTA NEET 2021 Application Form with Fee.
Details To Enter in NEET 2021 Application Form
- Name as per Aadhar card
- Date of birth as per Aadhar card
- Gender as per Aadhar card
- Mother’s name as per high school certificate
- Father’s name as per high school certificate
- Aadhar number / aadhar enrollment no. / registration no. Issued by facilitation center / passport no. / ration card no./bank account no. / any other valid govt. Id. No.
- District of birth
- Occupation of father’s / guardian’s / mother’s
- Educational qualifications of father’s / guardian’s / mother’s
- The annual income of father’s / guardian’s / mother ’s
- Question paper language
- Are you the only child of your parents
- Year of class 12th / equivalent passed / appearing
- Percentage of marks / grade in class 10th / equivalent and 12th
- Type of Institution of class 12th
- Belonging to rural / urban area
- State to which the applicant belongs
- Qualifying examination code
- School education board
- Choice of examination center
NEET 2021 Eligibility Criteria for Filling Application Form
There are different criteria for different groups of students. Only those candidates who fulfil this criteria can apply for NEET 2021. The NEET 2021 eligibility criteria by NTA is as follow:
- Both Citizens of India and OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) are eligible to appear for NEET 2021 examination. Apart from these, the NRIs, PIO, and Foreign Nationals can also apply for the exam.
- Applicants must be over the age of 17 years and less than 25 years (30 for reserved categories) at the time of admission.
- Candidates must clear 12th standard (10+2) examination from a recognized board.
- Students must have Biology, Chemistry, Physics and English as compulsory subjects in their Higher Secondary Board Examination.
- General candidates must have at least 50% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Minimum marks for reserved students are 42% aggregate in the same three subjects.
- Physically handicapped students should have a score of at least 45%.
- Students of Jammu & Kashmir, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana are eligible for All India 15% quota only.
- Aadhar Card is not compulsory for NEET 2021.
- The aspirants can apply for the NEET entrance test as many times as they want. There is no limitation on permissible attempts.
- Indian Nationals along with NRIs, OCIs and PIOs can also apply for state quota.
Documents Required for Filling NEET 2021 Application Form
- Mark sheet of class 10th and 12th
- Scanned copy of passport and postcard-sized photo of the candidates
- The signature of the candidates (Scanned copy)
- Scanned copy of left thumb impression of the students
- Valid ID proof
|Category of the candidates||Type of Permissible ID proof|
|Indian nationals from all states of India||Roll number of class XII, EPIC (Election card), last 4 digits of Aadhar card, photograph and original copy of bank account passbook, passport number, any identity card issued by the government, ration card no.|
|NRIs||Last 4 digits of Aadhar card, passport number|
|Foreign nationals/PIO/OCI||Passport number|
Note: To register for the NEET exam, the aspirants do not necessarily need to use an Aadhar card but other aforesaid documents are required for NTA NEET 2021 Application Form. The foreign aspirants will be required to show their passport number as ID Proof.
Documents Required for Foreign Candidates/NRI?
- Birth Certificate
- Minimum 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biotechnology/Biology in class XII. Their eligibility will be examined by the Association of Indian Universities as an MCI regulated and concerned University.
- ID proof
- Citizenship proof of the respective country
- Passport number
- Other testimonials
- International Baccalaureate (IB) in India can also apply for the NEET 2021 Exam
How to fill NEET 2021 Application Form?
Students can apply for NEET 2021 in online mode only because the NTA NEET 2021 application form is not available offline. The detailed step by step procedure applying for NEET 2021 is given below:
Step 1 – Registration via NEET Application Form Login Page
- Go to the official NEET 2021 registration website, nta.neet.nic.in.
- If you are a new user, click on ‘New Registration‘ on NEET Application Form Login Page and fill in the required details.
- If you are an existing user, click on ‘Candidate Login‘. Now, enter your Application Number and Password to proceed.
- Type the captcha and then click ‘Preview and Next’.
- In the next step, read and check the provided information and if the data is valid, click the ‘Next’ button.
- Select the ‘OTP Verification’ option. Once you click, you will receive an OTP in your registered contact number.
- Next, choose the ‘Submit’ option.
Step 2 – Filling NTA NEET 2021 Application Form
- Login using ID and Password generated in the registration process.
- Click on the ‘Fill Application Form’ button in the lower part of the homepage.
- Read the NEET 2021 application instructions carefully and agree to the terms at the end of the page.
- Click on ‘Proceed to Apply Online NEET (UG)-2021’.
- Fill in the details as asked including your name, Father’s Name, Mother’s name, category, Gender, Nationality, Proof of identification, etc.
- Enter your academic qualification details, senior secondary details.
- Submit the updated contact information for future notifications.
Step 3 – Uploading the Documents
In third step, you have to upload the necessary documents required for filling NEET 2021 Application Form:
- Upload your recent passport size photograph, signature and thumb impression.
- The size of your photograph should be 10 Kb to 100 Kb, while the size of the scanned signature should be 3 Kb to 20 Kb. The format of your scanned photograph and signature should be in JPG/JPEG.
- Size of the left-hand thumb impression should be 10 Kb to 50 Kb. The format of the file should be JPG/JPEG.
- Scanned images should be the suggested format as per NEET 2021 Information Brochure.
- Click on ‘Save and Continue’ to save your NTA NEET 2021 Application form and move to the next step.
- Candidates can edit their application form for NEET 2021 till the fee is not paid. Once the fee is paid, no immediate correction is allowed in the NEET 2021 Application form.
NEET Document Specification
||10Kb to 200Kb||JPG/JPEG|
|Postcard size picture||
||50Kb to 300Kb||JPG|
||4Kb to 30Kb||JPG/JPEG|
|Left-hand thumb impression||
||10kb to 50kb||JPG|
|Class 10 passing certificate||
||100 KB to 300 KB||JPG|
Step 4 – NEET 2021 Application Form Fee
- When all the uploading is complete, click on ‘Payment’.
- You need to choose the mode of payment that is offline or online.
- Bank and other charges may apply.
|SC/ST/PH/Persons with disability||800|
Aspirants can complete the payment process by using debit card/ credit card/ Net banking/ UPI or online wallets.
Offline Fee Payment using E-Challan
- If you choose the offline mode, you are redirected to a new page.
- Choose one of the banks given in the list, where you want to pay the fee.
- Banks available are- HDFC Bank, State Bank of India, ICICI and Syndicate Bank.
- After selecting the bank, generate the E-Challan of the declared bank.
- Take a print out of the challan.
- Fill necessary details on the challan generated and approach the bank.
- Fee can be paid in any branch of the bank.
- After paying the fees at the bank, you get a receipt or Student’s Copy.
- Keep the copy safe for future purposes.
Online Fee Payment using NEET Application Form Login Page
- If you choose online mode, you will be redirected to a page with new options.
- Choose the payment option as per your suitability.
- NEET 2021 application fee can be paid using Debit card, Credit Card or through online Net Banking.
- Extra charges may apply at application correction time.
- Once the NEET 2021 application fee is successfully paid, a fee receipt is generated.
- Download the receipt and take a print out.
- Save the print out of NEET 2021 Application Form PDF for future reference.
Read More About
How to Resize Images Using Paint for NEET 2021 Application Form?
If the aspirants face any challenge due to the unacceptable size of the image, then they need to follow the steps for uploading the resized and compressed photographs and signature. In this regard they should use MS Paint.
- First, open the window key.
- Now, search and open the paint option by clicking the ‘MS Paint’ option.
- Click ‘Ctrl+O’ for browsing the scanned copy of the signature and Photograph.
- Next, click ‘Ctrl+W’ to open the ‘Resize and Skew’ Window.
- Switch to Pixels from Percentage.
- Next, Provide the specified pixels mentioned in the signature/photograph.
- Now, open File Tab and select the ‘Save As’ option.
- Select the JPEG/JPG format for saving the image to the desired location of your system.
How to Remove Discrepancy from the Uploaded Scanned Photographs
If you find a discrepancy in uploading images ,you can remove it. NTA gives the flexibility to the aspirants to remove it. You will get an email and sms from NTA to reupload the images. Read the following instructions mentioned on NTA NEET 2021 application form to understand the brief summary related to the image upload:
- Accepted format: png/jpeg/jpg
- Photograph size: 20 Kb to 200 Kb
- Background of the passport size photo should be white
- You need to upload the image within the mentioned timeline.
- Since NTA will not give you a second chance, you should fill the data correctly.
You Might Like
NEET 2021 Application Form Correction
NEET 2021 Application Form Correction Window is expected to be released after the NEET 2021 registration last date. There are various cases where eligible aspirants who register themselves for the NEET 2021 exam unintentionally enter some wrong information in the NEET 2021 application form. In these cases, they can edit their details in the correction window of NEET UG 2021 and submit the NEET 2021 Application Form correction fee within the due dates.
- Candidates can log in at nta.neet.nic.in and make corrections in the given time period.
- Correction window is the last opportunity to make changes in NEET 2021 Application Form
- If there is a problem with a candidate’s photo or details, they are sent an Email about the discrepancy. Candidates are advised to check their Email regularly.
Steps for Application Form Correction
Here is a step-wise guide for NEET 2021 application form correction to assist aspirants to know the procedure to edit/delete information in the application form.
- At first, the aspirants should visit the official website of NTA for correcting the application form (If applicable).
- Now, you have to enter the registration number and password.
- In the next step, the aspirants need to click the NEET 2021 application form correction link to modify it.
- Now the candidates are required to modify the required section in the application form.
- Before you submit the application form, you are advised to read the form after correction. To cross check the application, the candidates are required to click the ‘preview’ section.
- Unless you cross check your file, you cannot get a second option to modify it. Hence, you should check it properly.
- If you make any change in the application form, then you can see the corrections in the ‘red’ colour.
- Once you complete the verification, you will receive a one time password (OTP). The candidates will get the OTP to their registered mobile number.
- Now you have to click the ‘Final Submission’ option.
- At last, you should take a print out of the self generated correction slip for future reference.
- Also, take a print out of NEET Application Form 2021 PDF for future use.
What Corrections Can Be Made in the NEET 2021 Application Form?
Students can edit below-highlighted particulars in the application form.
- State Code of Eligibility
- Date of Birth
- ID no of the aspirants
- Disability Status
- Medium of the exam
|Fields||Correction Allowed For||Correction Not Allowed For|
|Identification Identity||Who have applied for NEET with IDs other than Aadhaar card||Who used Aadhar Card for NEET Application Form|
|Date of Birth||The aspirants who used IDs other than Aadhar Card||Students, who used Aadhaar Card for NEET Application Form|
|Gender||Who used IDs other than Aadhar Card||Who used Aadhaar Card for NEET Application Form|
|Examination Center||Tripura candidates, on the basis of language selection||None except the ones who belong to Tripura|
|State Code of Eligibility||Everyone can edit these fields|
|Percentage of Marks obtained in Qualifying Examination|
|Name of Parents|
Forgot NEET 2021 Login Password?
If in case you forget your login password, then you need to follow the below-given steps for retrieving password. Visit the official website at nta.neet.nic.in.
- Click on ‘Candidate login’ and choose ‘Forget Password‘.
- Enter your Application Number, Name, Date of birth.
- Enter the secured pin as given on the page.
- Click on ‘submit‘.
- Next, click on ‘Reset‘ to set the new password.
- A new password generated window will appear in front of you.
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number or Email ID.
- Next, you need to create a new password after entering the OTP.
- Finally, you can login into your dashboard
Is an Aadhaar Card Required for NEET 2021 Application Form?
Those who want to apply for NEET 2021, need to know that an Aadhaar Card is no longer mandatory. Aadhaar guidelines are given below:
- Candidates need to submit an identity proof. Their Aadhar number serves as one of the identity proofs.
- Any identification proof can be submitted while filling the NEET 2021 NTA Application form.
- Candidates can apply with Passport Number, Ration Card, Driving License, Voter ID or any other photo ID proof issued by the Government of India.
Candidates need to fill personal details, academic details and contact information.
|Details asked||How to fill|
|Name||Enter your full name|
|Father’s name||Enter your Father’s full name|
|Mother’s Name||Enter your mother’s full name|
|Gender||Choose your gender|
|Date of Birth||Fill your birth date|
|Email ID||Enter a valid Email ID|
|Phone Number||Enter your contact number|
|Nationality||Indian or other|
|Aadhar Number or UID||Enter your 12 digit Unique Identification Number|
|State of Eligibility||State from which you have passed 12th standard|
|Name of Institution||Name of the school from which you passed Class XII|
|Name of the Board||Name of your Board in Class 12|
|Year of Passing||Year in which you studied Class XII|
|Uploading documents||Upload your photo, signature and finger impression in JPG format|
How to Choose NEET Exam Centers?
NTA gives an opportunity to the aspirants to choose the NEET exam centers from a wide range of areas. Now, the candidates can also apply for AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy) through NEET 2021 exam.
- While filling up the application form for NEET 2021, the aspirants are required to select three preferable NEET exam centers.
- After logging in to the account, you can submit the preferences of exam centres.
- You will not get the opportunity of editing your preferences, once you submit the application form.
- Choose the exam centers wisely. More specifically, select the exam centers based on your comfort and convenience.
- Allocation of the exam center to the aspirants is relied upon on the first come first serve.
NEET 2021 Applicants Statistics Across Years
As per the statistics of 2020, approximately 15 Lakhs students enrolled their names for the NEET 2021 registration process. However, the competition level among the students compared to the previous year has increased. For instance, read the following table in order to understand the rising competition level among the NEET students over the past years.
NEET 2020, 2019 and 2018 Application Statistics
|Students applied for the exam||15,97,435||15,93,452||13,26,725|
|Aspirants appeared in the exam||13,66,945||14,10,755||12,69,922|
|Registered Male candidates||7,16,586||6,80,414||5,80,649|
|Registered Female candidates||8,80,843||8,38,966||7,46,075|
|Transgender candidates registered for the exam||6||6||1|
|Appeared transgender candidates in the exam||4||5||1|
Changes in NEET 2021 Application Form
To bring 100% transparency in the entrance test, NTA has brought a few major changes. In a nutshell, the candidates should submit the class X certificates, thumb impression of the left hand and the roll number when they will be appearing for class XII board exam. Besides, the aspirants are required to upload the scanned copy of a photograph, both in postcard size and in passport size.
- One exam for all Medical candidates: The entrance test of AIIMS and JIPMER has been merged for the medical entrance test.
- UT applicants are required to submit the self-declaration form: The newly formed Union Territories such as the candidates from Kashmir and Ladakh will be eligible for 15% reserved All India Quota scheme. Therefore, the candidates of such places should submit the self-declaration seat allocation form under AIQ.
- Hike of application fee: NEET 2021 application fees for the general candidates has been increased to INR 1500, which was INR 1400 in the last year. Apart from this, the aspirants can also upload their live photographs during the form fill up process (if they want).
- Flexibility in the Edit Window: Most of the Class XII medical students will receive their admit cards for the board exam after completing the registration process for NEET 2021. Hence, the edit window will be re-opened by NTA for those aspirants to punch the roll numbers.
- Increase the number of exam centers: Since the year 2020, NEET 2021 exam will be conducted across 155 cities including the latest entry from Ladakh.
- No bar in upper age limitation: The age group for applying for NEET 2021 exam is 17 years to 25 years. However, from this year, the reserved students will get the relaxation of a flat 5 years in the upper age limit.
What After Completing the NEET 2021 Application Process?
Once the application form process completes, NTA will release the admit card for NEET 2021. Aspirants will not be allowed to enter the examination hall without presenting the admit card. To download the NEET 2021 admit card, the candidates should go to the official website of NTA and enter the information like DOB and Registration No.
Steps to Download the NEET 2021 Admit Card
- First, you should click “NEET 2021 Admit Card’ from the official website.
- Now, you have to submit the application number, security pin and date of birth for logging into the account.
- Next, you should click the submit option
- You are now able to download the admit card of NEET 2021 exam
- For future reference, you should keep a print out of the NEET 2021 admit card with you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans: NEET 2021 will be conducted on August 1, 2021.
Ans: Yes, you are eligible. The age should be 17 years at the time of admission on or before 31 December 2021.
Ans: No, basic details filled at the time of registration cannot be corrected.
Ans: NEET 2021 application form can be filled online only. You can go to the nearest Facilitation centre for help in applying for NEET.
Ans: You need to check the official website. The form correction window will tentatively open in July 2021.
Ans: No, The Application fee will not be refunded in any case.
Ans: Yes you can edit it during the form correction window.
Ans: Yes, they can apply for the NEET Exam with the help of passport details.
Ans: Yes it is necessary to upload scanned photographs with name and date of taking.
Ans: There is an option available i.e. Forget Application Number or I can’t access my account, click on that link and retrieve your password.
Ans: No it is required only for candidates belonging to J&K, AP & Telangana. Candidates who belong from these states and interested for 15% All India Quota Counseling must have the self declaration documents.
Ans: You can get admission in these colleges with the help of All India Quota Counseling process.
Ans: There is no option available in the application form for uploading category certificates.
Ans: No, AIIMS conducts its own entrance exam for admission.
Ans: Candidates have to pass 10+2 or equivalent examinations with at least 50% marks in aggregate. Candidates must also have Chemistry, Physics, Biology/Biotechnology with English as a compulsory subject. For reserved category the minimum marks should be 40% with the same subjects.
Ans: For general category the minimum age should be 17 years and the maximum age is 25 years as on or before December 31 of the year of admission.There is a relaxation of 5 years for the SC/ST/OBC candidates.
Ans: Yes, there is no cap limit for NEET attempts.
Ans: No, NIOS candidates are not eligible for the NEET exam.
Ans: The application fee for NEET 2021 is INR 1500 for General, INR 1400 for General-EWS/OBC category and INR 800 for SC/ST/PH category.
Ans: The application fee payment can be made through online mode only. There are three options to pay the application fee:
- Debit/credit card
- Net banking/UPI
- E-wallet of various service providers.
Ans: Scanned photograph and Scanned signature, Left Thumb Impression.
Ans: No, there is no need to send the confirmation page to the CBSE.
India is one of the top countries across the globe where many graduates earn medical degrees every year. Our country is known to produce the best doctors in the world because of the best healthcare infrastructure and low cost of medical expenses. The majority of top medical colleges in India were established in the early 90s and are recognized by central and state governments. The top medical colleges in India are established in parallel to the top government hospitals to ensure the availability of medical staff in case of emergencies.
There are around 1650 medical colleges in India, out of which 511 offer MBBS education and around 600 colleges that offer postgraduate medical courses.
- NEET (UG) is the entrance examination for undergraduate medical courses for top medical colleges in India and NEET (PG) is the medical entrance examination for the admission to the postgraduate medical courses of top medical colleges in India.
- The top medical colleges of India offer first-class medical facilities to the students.
- These colleges offer specializations in different subjects like General Medicine, General Surgery, ENT, Physiotherapy, Microbiology, Human Anatomy, etc.
- The admission to various courses of top medical colleges in India depends upon the NEET Cut Off.
List Of Top Medical Colleges In India as per NIRF
The top medical colleges in India grant degrees such as MBBS, MS, MD, BDS, MDS and many undergraduate or postgraduate courses.
- Medical courses in India are offered under different specializations including Pharmacy, Nursing, Biomedical Sciences, Health and Fitness.
- Soon after NEET 2021 Results, Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) will conduct the NEET 2021 Counselling to admission to these top medical colleges in India.
- Below is the list of top medical colleges in India as per the ranking issued by National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF), MHRD in 2020 for medical colleges.
- In addition, annual fees for the MBBS course or major course of that particular college has been provided. Also, India Today Medical Colleges Rankings 2020 have also been added for top medical colleges in India.
|NIRF 2020 Ranking||Top Medical Colleges in India||MBBS Fees / Year (INR)||India Today 2020 Ranking|
|1||All India Institute of Medical Sciences||1628||1|
|2||Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research||6000||–|
|3||Christian Medical College||48,530||2|
|4||National Institute of Mental Health & Neuro Sciences||21,300||–|
|5||Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences||50,000||–|
|6||Banaras Hindu University||10,400||7|
|7||Amrita School of Medicine, Kochi||92,870||30|
|8||Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research||5000||5|
|9||Kasturba Medical College||14,40,000||13|
|10||King George’s Medical University||55,000||6|
|11||Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences||60,000||–|
|12||Madras Medical College and Government General Hospital||15,000||–|
|13||Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education And Research||75,000||22|
|14||St. John’s Medical College||5,24,000||17|
|15||Aligarh Muslim University||90,000||19|
|16||Vardhman Mahavir Medical College & Safdarjung Hospital||30,455||9|
|17||,Maulana Azad Medical College||2000||4|
|18||Christian Medical College, Ludhiana||6,60,000||28|
|19||University College of Medical Sciences||5,096||10|
|20||JSS Medical College, Mysore||13,38,000||38|
|21||Kasturba Medical College, Mangaluru||13,22,000||29|
|23||Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan||90,000||–|
|24||Dr D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth||20,45,000||43|
|25||Govt. Medical College & Hospital, Chandigarh||25,000||15|
|26||Dayanand Medical College||2,69,000||26|
|27||Sawai Man Singh Medical College||2455||–|
|27||PSG Institute of Medical Sciences & Research||4,00,000||–|
|29||Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences||1,21,000||–|
|30||M. S. Ramaiah Medical College||40,00,000||27|
|31||S. R. M. Institute of Science and Technology||22,50,000||–|
|32||Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology||1,23,000||–|
|33||Maharishi Markandeshwar, Ambala||13,50,000||–|
|34||Saveetha Institute of Medical and Technical Sciences, Chennai||22,00,000||–|
|35||Annamalai University, Chidambaram||27,00,000||–|
|36||K. S. Hegde Medical Academy, Mangalore||11,76,000||35|
|37||Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences, Satara||19,80,000||–|
|38||Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences, Tirupati||1,29,600||–|
|39||Regional Institute of Medical Sciences, Imphal||17,450||–|
|40||Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute, Pondicherry||19,59,000||–|
Many other top medical colleges in India are not included in NIRF rankings such as Armed Forces Medical College, Pune & Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi.
- These are a few top medical colleges in India with very low tuition fees.
- Along with this Grant Medical College, Mumbai also is a great option which has comparatively higher fees.
Also Read | What medical courses can you opt after 12th?
NEET Cut Off for Top Medical Colleges in India
Given below is the cut off ranks/closing ranks for some of the top medical colleges in India. These ranks do vary according to various subcategories of students. However, the ranks given below are for the general category for top medical colleges in India.
|College Name||Closing Rank|
|AIIMS New Delhi||53|
|Amrita School of Medicine, Kochi||32055 – 95035|
|BHU Varanasi||6467 – 13303|
|Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||3383 – 30521|
|King George’s Medical College, Lucknow||88 – 496|
Admission Process for Top Medical Colleges in India
- The top medical colleges in India offer multiple seats in both MBBS and MD, MS and other courses.
- Both undergraduate and postgraduate courses are available depending upon the eligibility.
- Approximately, out of 1650 medical colleges in India, 1066 colleges are private and 584 are public / government colleges.
Due to a large number of students taking admissions in various colleges without a deserving rank or talent, the central government had to interfere in the counselling of seats in all the colleges.
NEET Entry for UG Courses
- National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) – UG is conducted for admission to most of the top medical colleges in India.
- NEET (UG) is conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA), set up by MHRD.
- Students who have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects in class 12th are eligible for NEET 2021 exam.
- Now, all the AIIMS take admissions for MBBS under NEET 2021 only.
- Once the NEET 2021 Result is out, candidates can take part in NEET 2021 Counselling which is conducted by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC).
- Under all the colleges, 85% seats are reserved under state quota and 15% seats are reserved under All India Quota. This means 85% of the seats will be filled by residents of that particular state only.
- Counselling is held for all the major courses of top medical colleges in India such as MBBS, BDS, B.Sc and other similar courses.
Other Entries- Management Quota
Many private colleges have management quota. These do not require a specific counselling or cut off ranks to be qualified.
- This is a quota allotted for paid seats for students of families who have a strong financial background.
- For Postgraduate courses, many top medical colleges in India require qualification in the NEET (PG) exam.
- However, few colleges also take admissions on the basis of merit in bachelor’s degree.
- AFMC Pune is the only government college conducting a separate assessment for students.
- This is because students graduating from AFMC Pune will be medical officers in various Armed Forces of India.
- AFMC Pune conducts a short written test and conference interviews to assess a candidate for future in the Armed Forces.
Top 25 Medical Colleges In India
Considering all the top medical colleges in India before admissions is a viable option. But the information on all the medical colleges cannot be accumulated in a single place. We have tried to keep this head detailed with 25 top medical colleges in India.
- Important details regarding the top medical colleges in India have been shared so that you can compare some points easily.
- The first step for admission to these colleges is NEET and to conquer it, you must know the NEET 2021 Exam Pattern in detail.
Let us now discuss the medical colleges in India in the order of their rankings.
1.All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi is an autonomous university which was established in the year 1959. The institute is consistently ranked No.1 the top medical colleges in India for the last 10 years. There are 15 AIIMS all over India out of which AIIMS Delhi is topmost of them. The institute offers programs in 42 different streams. AIIMS conducts research in more than 42 disciples and publishes research papers from time to time.
- Courses Offered: AIIMS offers various undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate level medical courses. This medical college offers 92 courses across three streams that are inclusive of undergraduate programmes in Medicine, Nursing and related areas. The postgraduate courses cover almost all the basic and clinical medical specialities as well as super specialities. The most popular courses offered by the institute are MBBS, B.Sc. Nursing, B.Sc., MD, MDS, M.Sc. Nursing, MHA, M.Ch., DM, BDS, BMMS, PhD courses. The best part is that the average annual fees for General Category students for these courses at AIIMS New Delhi range from INR 800 to INR 1685!
- Mode of Admission: The admissions to all these courses are made on the basis of the national entrance examination, NEET, AIIMS PG, CSIR UGC NET for JRF, ICMR JRF, ICMR SRF, DBT JRF, DBT SRF, GATE). For Ph.D., candidates need to appear for the college entrance examination followed by an interview.
- Scholarships: AIIMS Delhi offers merit-based and merit-cum-means-based scholarship to students gaining top-scores in the entrance exams held for respective courses.
- Cut Off Rank: The cut off rank for admission to MBBS Course at AIIMS New Delhi was 53. The rank is expected to go lower this year due to COVID-19 pandemic.
2.Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research
Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh was established in 1962. The institute is ranked 2nd in the top medical colleges in India in NIRF Ranking 2020.
- Courses Offered: PGIMER offers various undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate level medical courses. The most popular courses offered by the institute are B.Sc., B.Ph.T., MD, MS, MDS, DM, M.Ch, MHA, MPH, M.Sc., Fellowship PGI, Post-Doctoral Fellowship PGI and PhD courses.
- Mode of Admission: The admissions to all these courses are made on the basis of the national entrance examination. The institute offers admission to the PG courses like MD, MS, MDS, etc. through the PGIMER entrance examination. The entrance test is conducted to provide fellowship and admissions to other courses like M.Sc., DM, M.Ch, MHA, etc.
Check | Top Medical Colleges in Haryana
3.Christian Medical College, Vellore
Christian Medical College (CMC), Vellore was established in 1918 with the purpose to provide healthcare facilities to people through missionary hospitals. The college is a private college, affiliated to The Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University, Chennai. This college is less opted by students, even though being one of the top medical colleges in India. This is due to reservation of up to 84% for sponsored students in the college.
- Courses Offered: CMC offers various undergraduate, postgraduate and diploma courses in the field of Medicine, Surgery and Nursing. The most popular courses offered by the institute are BPT, B.Sc. Nursing, M.Sc. Nursing, M.Ch., DM, BPO, MBBS, PG Diploma, MPT, Fellowship programs, M.Phil., etc.
- Mode of Admission: The admissions to all these courses are made on the basis of the national entrance examination followed by an interview. NEET UG is conducted for the admission to MBBS course in the college while NEET PG is the entrance test is conducted to provide admission to MD or MS courses.
4.National Institute of Mental Health & Neuro Sciences, Bangalore
National Institute of Mental Health & Neuro Sciences, Bangalore, Karnataka is an autonomous university which was established in the year 1847. The institute is consistently ranked in the top 20 medical colleges of India for the last 10 years. The institute is known as the best institutes for mental health and neuroscience education all over the country. The institute has been granted the status of autonomous college by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- Courses Offered: AIIMS offers various undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate level medical courses. This medical college offers multiple courses across different streams in Medicine, Neuro and related areas. The most popular courses offered by the institute are MBBS, MD, MDS, M.Ch., DM, BDS, and PhD courses.
- Mode of Admission: The admissions to all these courses are made on the basis of the national entrance examination, NEET UG, NEET PG, NEET SS and NEET MDS. Candidates have to appear for the entrance exam conducted by the university that is followed by an interview to pursue PhD courses.
5.Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences
Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences is a private medical institute which was established in 1983. The institute is located in Lucknow and has been placed at 4th place in the NIRF ranking 2020. The institute always comes up in the top 25 medical colleges across the country.
- Courses Offered: The college offers various undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate level medical courses. The most popular courses offered by the institute are B.Sc., BPT, MD, MHA, M.Sc., DM, M.Ch, Post-Doctoral Certificate, Ph.D., Post-Doctoral Fellowship.
- Mode of Admission: The admissions to all these courses are made on the basis of the national entrance examination; NEET UG and NEET PG. Candidates have to appear for the college entrance examination followed by an interview to pursue PhD courses.
Also Read | Detailed NEET 2021 Syllabus
6.Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
BHU was established in 1916. It is a public institution with a 1300-acre main campus situated in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh which consists of 140 departments, 3 institutes, 14 faculties, 4 interdisciplinary centres, 3 constituent schools and a constituent women’s college. It is one of the top medical colleges in India due to its low fees and outstanding faculty.
- Courses Offered: The college offers various undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate level medical courses. The institute offers different programs like MBBS, MD, M.Ch., MS, DM, BDS and MDS courses in the field of medicine.
- Mode of Admission: The admissions to all these courses are made on the basis of the entrance exam conducted by the institute followed by an interview.
- Cut Off Rank: The cut off rank for admission to MBBS course of Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi is 6467 – 13303 (opening and closing rank respectively).
7.Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu is a private deemed to be a university which was established in the year 1994. The institute has six campuses and 15 constituent schools spread across the southern part of the country.
- Courses Offered: The college offers a total of 207 undergraduate, postgraduate, doctoral, integrated-degree, dual-degree and certification programmes in Engineering, Business, Medicine, Arts and Sciences, Biotechnology, Mass Communication and Social Work.
- Mode of Admission: The admissions to all these courses are made on the basis of the entrance exam conducted by the institute followed by an interview.
- Cut Off Rank: The cut off rank for admission to MBBS course of Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham is 32055 – 95035 (opening and closing rank respectively).
8.Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research, Puducherry
JIPMER is a government medical institute located in Puducherry which was established in 1964 as an autonomous university. The university is placed at the 8th rank by MHRD in the NIRF ranking 2020.
- Courses Offered: JIPMER offers various undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate level medical courses. The most popular courses offered by the institute are MBBS, MD, MS, DM, M.Ch., Diploma, Ph.D., Certificate, Fellowship, B.Sc., M.Sc., MPH courses.
- Mode of Admission: The admissions to all these courses are made on the basis of the national entrance examination, NEET UG, NEET PG, NEET SS, NEET MDS, etc.
- Cut Off Rank: The cut off rank for admission to MBBS Course of JIPMER, Puducherry is 156 (closing rank).
9.Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
Kasturba Medical College is a medical college which is situated in Manipal, Karnataka. The college is ranked 9th by the NIRF ranking in the year 2020. KMC was established in 1953. The institute is one of the top medical colleges in India in the southern part of the country. The fees for KMC Manipal is pretty high.
- Courses Offered: KMC, Manipal offers various undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate level medical courses. The most popular courses offered by the institute are MBBS, M.Sc., MD, MS, M.Ch., Ph.D., PG Diploma and M.Phil courses.
- Mode of Admission: The admissions to all these courses are made on the basis of the national entrance examination, NEET-UG, NEET-PG, NEET SS, NEET MDS, etc.
- Cut Off Rank: The cut off rank for admission to MBBS Course of Kasturba Medical College is 3383 – 30521 (opening and closing rank respectively).
Check | Top Medical Colleges in Assam
10.King George’s Medical University, Lucknow
King George’s Medical University (KGMU) is a medical college which is located in Lucknow. The institute was initially named as Chhatrapati Shahuji Maharaj Medical University. The University has 9 medical colleges, 7 nursing colleges and 1 paramedical college. It is considered one of the top medical colleges in India due to its outstanding presence in India’s most populous state, UP.
- Courses Offered: The institute offers various undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate level medical courses. The most popular courses offered by the institute are MBBS, B.Sc., BDS, MD, DM, BMMS and diploma courses.
- Mode of Admission: The admissions to all these courses are made on the basis of the national entrance examination, NEET UG and NEET PG and the University level entrance tests.
- Cut Off Rank: The cut off rank for admission to MBBS Course of King George’s Medical University, Lucknow is 88 – 496 (opening and closing rank respectively).
11.Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences, New Delhi
Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences, New Delhi is deemed to be a private university which was established in the year 2009. It has also collaborated with the World Health Organization (WHO). It is a mono-super-speciality hospital and research centre for liver and biliary diseases located in Vasant Kunj, New Delhi, India.
- Courses Offered: ILBS offers various postgraduate and doctorate level medical courses. The most popular courses offered by the institute are M.Ch., DNB, DM, Ph.D., PDCC courses. It also offers PG Diploma and Certification courses.
- Mode of Admission: The university conducts ILBS entrance examination to provide admission to the courses like DM, M.Ch., DNB, PDCC, etc. In order to pursue a PhD course, candidates have to appear for the entrance examination followed by an interview.
12.Madras Medical College and Government General Hospital, Chennai
The Madras Medical College is an educational institution located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. It is the third oldest medical college in India which was established after Ecole de Médicine de Pondichéry and Medical College, Kolkata. The college is affiliated to the Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University and has nine affiliated hospitals and colleges.
- Courses Offered: The institute offers various undergraduate, postgraduate and diploma medical courses. The college offers courses like MBBS, B.Pharma, BPT, and BSc in Nursing at UG level and MD, MS, M.Pharma & MSc in Nursing at PG level. It also offers PG Diploma in Diabetology and DM, MCh as the Super Specialty in various disciplines.
- Mode of Admission: The admissions to all these courses are made on the basis of the merit for most of the courses.
Also Read | How Can You Score 600+ in NEET 2021?
13.St. John’s Medical College, Bengaluru
St. John’s Medical College is a public institution affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences which is located in Bangalore and was established in the year 1999.
- Courses Offered: The college offers various undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate level medical courses. The most popular courses offered by the institute are MBBS, MD, M.Ch., MS, B.Sc., P.B.B.Sc., M.Sc., Fellowship and Diploma.
- Mode of Admission: The admissions to all these courses are made on the basis of the national entrance examination, NEET UG, NEET PG and NEET SS entrance tests. For Ph.D., candidates need to appear for the college entrance examination followed by an interview.
14.Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education And Research, Chennai
Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research, Chennai is a private deemed to be a medical university which was established in the year 1985 by Sri Ramachandra Educational and Health trust.
- Courses Offered: The institute offers various undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate level medical courses. The most popular courses offered by the institute are MBBS, BDS, MDS, MD, MS, M.Ch., Ph.D., and other various courses in different branches of studies.
- Mode of Admission: The admissions to all these courses are made on the basis of the national entrance examination, NEET UG, NEET PG and NEET SS entrance tests. For Ph.D., candidates need to appear for the NEET MDS exam followed by an interview.
15.Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) is a leading public central university located in the city of Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh. It has 12 faculties that comprise 98 departments, 15 centres and three academies with 28,000 students, about 1,342 teachers and nearly 5,610 non-teaching staff members.
- Courses Offered: AIIMS offers various undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate level medical courses. In Medicine, it offers MBBS, MD, MS, M.Ch., BDS, MDS, PG Diploma, PhD courses.
- Mode of Admission: The admissions to all these courses are made on the basis of the national entrance examination, NEET UG, NEET PG, NEET SS and NEET MDS entrance tests.
16.Vardhman Mahavir Medical College & Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi
Vardhman Mahavir Medical College is a public institution that is affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi and was established in 1995.
- Courses Offered: VMMC offers various undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate level medical courses. The most popular courses offered by the institute are MBBS, MD, MS, M.Ch. and B.Sc. (Hons) courses.
- Mode of Admission: The admissions to all these courses are made on the basis of the national entrance examination, NEET UG and NEET PG.
17.Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi
Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC) is a public institute that is affiliated to Delhi University which was established in 1959 and is ranked 17th in NIRF 2020 ranking. However, this college is considered to be one of the top medical colleges in India due to its very low fees. The average annual fees for MAMC is only INR 2000 which is only higher than annual fees of AIIMS Delhi by INR 400. The college has had an average salary of whopping INR 50 LPA to 1 Crore per annum in the past few years.
- Courses Offered: The institute offers various undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate level medical courses. The most popular courses offered by the institute are MBBS, MD, MS, Diploma courses.
- Mode of Admission: The admissions to all these courses are made on the basis of the national entrance examination, NEET UG, NEET PG and NEET SS exams.
18.Christian Medical College, Ludhiana
Christian Medical College is a medical college affiliated to Baba Farid University of Health Sciences. The institute was established in 1894 and is located in Ludhiana, Punjab. It has 47 departments and comprises a 755 bedded hospital with 24×7 services and busy outpatient department (OPD). It consists of Medical College, Dental College, College of Nursing, College of Physiotherapy and Institute of Allied Health Sciences.
- Courses Offered: The college offers various undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate level medical courses. The most popular courses offered by the institute are MBBS, BDS, MDS, MD, MS, PG Diploma, B.Sc., BPT, M.Sc. courses.
- Mode of Admission: The admissions to all these courses are made on the basis of the national entrance examination, NEET UG, NEET PG, NEET SS and NEET MDS. For Ph.D., candidates need to appear for the college entrance examination followed by an interview.
19.University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi
Established in 1971, University College of Medical Sciences (UCMS) is a medical college affiliated to University of Delhi (DU). Also, it is associated with Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital that runs various medical and paramedical courses and serves as a teaching hospital.
- Courses Offered: UCMS in total offers 22 courses across five streams inclusive of Paramedical, Dental, Medical, Science, Pharmacy in five degrees namely BSc, MBBS, MD, MS (Surgery) and MSc.
- Mode of Admission: The admissions to all these courses are made on the basis of the merit. For admission to the master and PhD courses, the admissions are made on the basis of the entrance examinations followed by an interview conducted by the University.
20.JSS Medical College, Mysore
JSS Medical College is a private medical college affiliated to the JSS University, Mysore. The institute was established in the year 1984 and is consecutively ranked in the top 25 medical colleges as per the NIRF ranking every year.
- Courses Offered: JSS offers various undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate level medical courses. The most popular courses offered by the institute are MBBS, PG Diploma, M.Sc., B.Sc., MPH, MD, MS, M.Ch. /DM, M.Phil, PhD courses.
- Mode of Admission: The admissions to all these courses are made on the basis of the national entrance examination, NEET UG, NEET PG and NEET SS entrance exams. In order to get admission to the M.Phil. and PhD courses, candidates need to appear for the written college entrance examination followed by an interview.
21.Kasturba Medical College, Mangaluru
Kasturba Medical College is a private college in Mangalore which was established in the year 1995 and is consistently placed at 21st place in the ranking by NIRF 2020. The institute is affiliated to Manipal University and offers various medical courses at the undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- Courses Offered: KMC, Mangalore offers various undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate level medical courses. The most popular courses offered by the institute are MBBS, MD, MS, PG Diploma, B.Sc., B.Opt, Fellowship courses.
- Mode of Admission: The admissions to all these courses are made on the basis of the national entrance examination, NEET UG, NEET PG and NEET SS exams. For Ph.D., candidates need to appear for the college entrance examination followed by an interview.
Also Read | NEET Coaching Centres in India
22.Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi
Jamia Hamdard University is a government-funded deemed to be a university. It was set up in 1989 and was launched by then Prime Minister, Mr Rajiv Gandhi. As per the NIRF 2020, Pharmacy ranks, this college has been ranked No 1. So, if you are looking for pharmacy courses, this is the best university out there.
- Courses Offered: Jamia offers various undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate level medical courses. The most popular courses offered by the institute are B.Pharma, MBBS, B.Sc. Nursing, B.Sc., MD, MDS, M.Sc. Nursing, MHA, M.Ch., DM, BDS, BMMS, PhD courses.
- Mode of Admission: The admissions to all these courses are made on the basis of the national entrance examination, and the University entrance exams followed by an interview.
23.Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan, Bhubaneswar
Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan is a deemed university that was established in 2007. It is ranked 23rd in the NIRF 2020 ranking. SOA offers MBBS, MD, MS, MDS and various other courses.
- Courses Offered: The institute offers various undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate level medical courses. The most popular courses offered by the institute are MBBS, B.Sc. Nursing, B.Sc., MD, MDS, M.Sc. Nursing, MHA, M.Ch., DM, BDS, BMMS, PhD courses.
- Mode of Admission: The admissions to all these courses are made on the basis of the national entrance examination, NEET UG, NEET PG, NEET SS and NEET MDS entrance tests. For Ph.D., candidates need to appear for the college entrance examination followed by an interview.
Check | Top Medical Colleges in Gujarat
24.Dr D Y Patil Vidyapeeth, Pune
Dr DY Patil Vidyapeeth is a deemed university that was established in 2003. The institute is placed at the 25th place by the NIRF ranking 2020. It is one of the best medical colleges of the country which offers various medical programs like MBBS, MD, MS, DM and M.Ch. courses
- Courses Offered: The college offers various undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate level medical courses. The most popular courses offered by the institute are MBBS, MD, M.Ch., DM, BDS, MS courses.
- Mode of Admission: The admissions to all these courses are made on the basis of the national entrance examination, NEET UG, NEET PF, NEET SS and NEET MDS exams. To pursue doctorate courses, candidates need to appear for the college entrance examination followed by an interview.
25.Government Medical College & Hospital, Chandigarh
Government Medical College and Hospital is a medical school and a tertiary care hospital which was established in the year 1991. The college is administered by the Punjab University and is ranked in the top 50 medical colleges by MHRD in the NIRF ranking every year.
- Courses Offered: The institute offers various undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate level medical courses. The most popular courses offered by the institute are MBBS, B.Sc. Nursing, B.Sc., MD, MDS, M.Sc. Nursing, MHA, M.Ch., DM, BDS, BMMS, PhD courses.
- Mode of Admission: The admissions to all these courses are made on the basis of the national entrance examination, NEET UG, NEET PG, NEET SS, NEET MDS, etc. Candidates need to appear for the college entrance examination followed by an interview to get admission to the PhD courses.
Also Read | 7 Common Mistakes You Cannot Make In NEET 2021
Top Medical Colleges In India: Zone Wise
Following table gives the ranking of top medical colleges in India zone wise. These rankings have been released by India Today, a leading news agency in India.
Top Medical Colleges In India: North
|College Name||Total Seats|
|AIIMS New Delhi||107|
|Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi||250|
|University College of Medical Sciences & GTB Hospital, New Delhi||150|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College (AMU), Aligarh||150|
|Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi||124|
Top Medical Colleges In India: East
|College Name||Total Seats|
|R G Kar Medical College & Hospital, Kolkata||200|
|Darbhanga Medical College, Darbhanga||100|
|Calcutta National Medical College, Kolkata||200|
Top Medical Colleges In India: West
|College Name||Total Seats|
|Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune||150|
|Seth G S Medical College, Mumbai||200|
|Dr D Y Patil Education Society’s D Y Patil Medical College, Kolhapur||150|
|K J Somaiya Medical College, Mumbai||50|
|Grant Medical College, Mumbai||250|
Top Medical Colleges In India: South
|College Name||Total Seats|
|Christian Medical College, Vellore||130|
|Sri Ramachandra Medical College & Research Institute (SRMC), Chennai||250|
|Kasturba Medical College(KMC), Manipal||250|
|Bangalore Medical College And Research Institute, Bangalore||250|
|St. John’s Medical College, Bangalore||150|
- These were the top medical colleges in India that are ranked in the top medical colleges in India rankings as per the NIRF Ranking for the year 2020.
- The colleges are ranked on the basis of the facilities, faculty members, infrastructure and the quality of education they provide.
There are various other factors that decide NIRF Rankings such as the number of students under scholarships and the growth in average salary through placements. But to get admission to these top medical colleges in India, you must qualify the NEET 2020 exam. So, why stop here? Do check out the tips and tricks to get you through NEET 2021 preparation.
NEET 2021 score validity is an area of doubt amongst medical aspirants in India. The Medical Council of India had made several amendments on the NEET eligibility criteria in the last few years. Hence, the different changes have created a cloud of confusion as it is troublesome to find out which notification is the latest one. As NEET 2021 exam is the gateway to pursuing a career in medicine, it is crucial to know the NEET 2021 score validity and the options it provides for making wise choices.
NEET is one of the major examinations for medical aspirants in India and clearing it is a big step that requires a whole lot of preparation and hard work. Thus, being a medical aspirant, you should be aware of NEET score validity and the scopes it offers.
NEET Eligibility and Qualification
NEET is conducted every year by the National Testing Agency (NTA). There were several discrepancies regarding the number of attempts and age limit concerning the NEET eligibility criteria. However:
- As of 2019, there are no limitations for the number of attempts and the upper age limit was decided to be 25 years with a relaxation of 5 years for reserved categories.
- The minimum age to appear for the NEET 2021 examination is 17 years.
- Candidates should also have qualified 12th board, with science as the stream, including biology as a subject.
- Students who are appearing for 12th boards (or equivalent) can also apply for NEET UG 2021 exam as the registration starts way before 12th board exams.
NEET examination serves the purpose of maintaining uniformity in the quality of students who pursue medical education at different institutions. It is a regulatory measure to make sure that the students in India who pursue a medical degree anywhere meet the minimum qualifications set by the MCI.
This way it assures the quality of the education provided and the efficiency of the future professionals. NEET 2021 score is mandatory for seeking admission in Indian as well as abroad medical universities. To qualify for NEET 2021 Counselling, a candidate should have:
- Minimum percentile of 50
- With a relaxation of 10% for SC/ST/OBC candidates (40th percentile)
- And a relaxation of 5% for General PWD candidates (45th percentile)
Also Read | Detailed Paper Analysis of NEET UG 2020 Exam
NEET Score Validity for Studying Medicine Abroad: 3 years
Since students put in a lot of their time and effort, the older NEET score validity of 1 year for admission into different medical institutes used to restrict students in some unwanted ways. The Medical Council of India (MCI) has made amendments to extend the NEET score validity for admission to medical institutions abroad in March 2019. The decision was a great relief for the medical aspirants who wished to study medicine abroad.
- NEET score validity for medical admission at universities abroad was determined to be up to 3 years by MCI.
- To study MBBS at universities abroad, students may require to fulfil a list of criteria such as TOEFL etc and to produce a lot more supporting documents in comparison to getting admission in medical institutes in India.
- Because of these extra requisites, joining medicine at a foreign university is a lengthy process. It may take roughly 8 to 12 months from the time of announcement of NEET results to complete all procedures and to start the academic session at abroad universities. For example, procuring a passport and visa alone takes more than 2 months.
This constraining characteristic of NEET score validity was big trouble for students who aspire to study abroad because by the time the admission procedures get over the NEET score validity might as well have expired.
Also Read | MBBS Admission Through Management Quota
Since the Medical Council of India has reconsidered the extension of validity of NEET score in India and made it more helpful and acceptable, many students can now consider studying medicine abroad with a NEET 2021 score.
- The extension of NEET score validity for admission to abroad medical programmes further helped to ensure that the students who study medicine abroad also meet the standards set by MCI.
- This extension of validity of NEET score in India is in action from 2019.
Now, students who wish to study medicine abroad also should qualify in the NEET exam, which was not the case before. It has now been made mandatory while appearing for the screening test.
NEET Score Validity for Studying Medicine in India: 1 year
Every year, students can join in the medical colleges of their choice soon after their 12th board and NEET exam results are out, depending on the NEET Cut Offs. Since there aren’t any expected delays for admission in Indian medical institutions, the NEET validity for students who want to study MBBS in India is 1 year, which is the year of appearing for the entrance exams. NEET score is necessary for admission to all the medical colleges in India. This now also includes AIIMS and JIPMER, which previously had their own entrance tests.
Scopes of Extended NEET Score Validity
If you aspire to pursue the medical field as your career, qualifying NEET and knowing NEET score validity is helpful to find out the opportunities you have in your hands. The time and hard work you put in while appearing for NEET 2021 exam is immense. And that is why you should consider all career options once you have achieved the qualifying percentile.
- Since the NEET score validity is 1 year for Indian colleges and 3 years for abroad universities, you still have hope of admission in a foreign university if not top medical colleges in India.
- As far as you are up for pursuing a medical degree abroad, you can apply to different medical institutes abroad, with your current marks for the next two years.
- Top medical colleges in India can be very competitive, but you might get admission to several top-notch universities abroad, which offer similar or even higher quality of education. Moreover, with financial aids/scholarships, the cost of education is very cheap in foreign universities.
Don’t miss out on opportunities because of a lack of information. If you are appearing for NEET 2021 exam, make sure to consider all the possibilities and thus ensure that the hard work you put into clearing NEET UG 2021 exam doesn’t go in vain. The extended NEET score validity also works with the drop year a student might take to improve the NEET 2021 score. So, do not waste your time anymore, and start practicing for NEET 2021 exam right now!
NEET 2021 is most probably scheduled to be conducted in May 2021 and has all the probabilities to be held twice a year. Right from the NEET 2021 registration to checking the NEET results, the NEET login is to be done at every step. To be a part of the professional medical colleges, candidates must log in to the required details at NTA official website. The NEET login is accessible after entering the authentic application Number and password available at the time of filling the NEET 2021 application form.
Check | NEET 2021 Important Dates
Scroll down the article to grasp more knowledge about use, benefits, and information regarding NEET login. We will also learn about the ways to retrieve NEET login credentials such as application number and password.
What are the uses of NEET Login?
NEET Login has the following uses:
- To fill the online NEET 2021 Application Form
- It assists in doing online correction
- To download the NEET 2021 Admit card
- To download the OMR sheet or answer key
- To ask queries against the NEET answer key
- To find out the final NEET results
How to Create a NEET Login Credentials?
It is mandatory to register or login on the official website of NTA. Students will be asked to enter their valid mobile number or Email ID for NEET 2021 registration. The following steps will guide to complete your registration:
- Go on the official link of NEET 2021 exam i.e. ntaneet.nic.in
- Fingertip on the option “New Candidate Registration” link
- Enter the authentic details
- Create a password ( as per your desire)
- A submit button is there on the screen, click it to complete the neet 2021 registration process
Once you have done all the above steps, students will get a message in their mobile phones or an email on their registered email.id associated with their successful NEET 2021 registration. Students must take care of the email and message until the completion of the NEET 2021 exam.
What to do in case you forgot NEET Login details?
In case any NEET candidate forgets their NEET 2021 Registration Number or Application Number, then check out the NEET’s official site and select the “Forgot Application Number” option. You will see a new window; then you have to answer all the asked questions like:
- Candidate Name
- Father Name
- Mother Name
- Date Of Birth
Take the next step by entering the security pin and then click the submit button. You will be going to notice a notification in which you will get your application number, by giving your authorized email id or mobile number, you can avail it.
Steps to get back your Forgot password using NEET Login
Students appearing for NEET 2021, are advised to secure their password carefully until they attempt their final exam. But if you are still unable to recall your password, then visit the official site of NEET 2021 exam and select the option of “Forgot Password” and press the enter tab to attain more details like:
- Candidate Name
- Application Number
- Date of Birth
In the next step, Fill up your security pin and click on the submit button. What you will get on your registered mobile Number is the valid OTP, which lets you reset your new password.
How to fill the NEET 2021 Application Form Using NEET Login Credentials?
The crucial part for candidates is to craft their login credentials as per the above steps as only after login, you can step ahead in further procedure.
Step 1 – Registration for examination
- Get the official website of NEET on your computer/Laptop screen, do enter the login credentials.
- Fill up all the required personal details
- Fill your academic qualification details
- Enter the other information, compulsory in the online NEET 2021 Application form
Step 2 – Upload the documents.
- Name of the candidate and date should be mentioned on the photograph
- The candidate’s signature must be done with black /blue pen. And that too on the white background
- The dimension of the postcard size NEET photo should be “4×6”.
- Left thumb impression is mandatory, but in case if you are not able to, then give your right-thumb idea.
- A copy of the scanned class x passing certificate is mandatory.
Step 3 – Payment of the fees
- Rs 1500 is the fees for general category students for NEET 2020
- For EWS/OBC Candidates, INR 1400 is the application fees, and for SC/PWD/ST and Transgender the fees are INR 800
Step 4 – Download the confirmation page
Once the submission of your online NEET 2021 application form has been done, you should download it for future reference.
NEET 2021 Application Form Correction using NEET Login
NEET Login is required for the correction in an online neet 2021 Application form. As per the rules, the candidate can correct the following details by giving original documents:
- Date of Birth
- Identification ID number
- The medium of question paper
- Status of disability
- State code of Eligibility
Follow the below steps to do corrections in your NEET 2021 application form:
- Check out the official NEET website and select an option of the NEET 2021 Application Form correction link.
- Enter your valid application number and password.
- Alter the details on the form and click on to the “preview” option to see the details. After that, fingertip on the “submit” option.
- You will get an OTP in your email or registered number, that you have to enter while confirming alterations in the application form.
- Take out the print for future reference.
Check | NEET 2021 Exam Centers
Use NEET Login to Download NEET 2021 Admit Card
The NEET 2021 admit card will be consequently issued 10-15 days prior to the exam date. NTA will publish the exact date on their website. NEET 2021 Admit Card is one mandatory document without which you will not be allowed to enter the examination hall. Following steps will help you download NEET 2021 admit card PDF using NEET Login
- Begin with visiting the NEET official website.
- Then, click on “NEET 2021 Admit Card”.
- Enter your NEET login credentials such as Application Number, DOB, Security Pin, etc.
- Now, you will be able to view your admit card on a new window screen.
- You can then download and print your NEET 2021 Admit Card PDF.
Use NEET Login to Download NEET Answer Key
Candidates can download the NEET answer keys to check the answers to the questions asked in NEET examination. The intention is to calculate scores and predict NEET rank.
- Use NEET login and follow the steps mentioned below to download your NEET answer key:
- Begin with visiting the official website.
- Then click on the “Candidate Login” tab.
- After that, enter your NEET login credentials i.e. Application Number and Password.
- Consequently, a new window will appear on the screen. Here, you can view the Answer Key of your paper code only.
- You can download the same for future reference.
How to Challenge NEET Answer Key?
NTA provides the provision of challenging the answer key if the candidates are not satisfied by it. Steps to challenge the answer keys are as follows.
- First, visit the NEET official website.
- View your NEET answer key.
- Then, click on the question that you want to challenge.
- After that, select the answer that you think is correct.
- Make the payment of INR 1000 for every challenge.
- Lastly, a confirmation page will be generated after the payment that you can print for future reference.
Note: NTA will refund the fees if NTA accepts the challenge.
Use NEET Login to Download the NEET Results
NTA will declare the results after conducting NEET 2021. Let us know the steps to download NEET results.
- Visit the official website of NEET – ntaneet.nic.in
- Click on NEET Results
- Enter your credentials like Roll No., Date of Birth and Security PIN to get NEET Results
- NEET Results will be displayed on the screen.
- Download and take a printout of NEET Score Card
NEET Login plays a significant role in the NEET 2021 examination. If you are ready for the NEET 2021, the above article will help you acknowledge why the NEET login is essential for the NEET 2021 application form. The above article will assist you with every minute information about the NEET login. To grasp all the relevant details, check out the information.
NEET candidates, the exam will be on board soon, so you still have plenty of time to prepare for your doubts. Go through the NEET 2021 preparation tips, mock test papers, NEET previous years’ papers, and check out your knowledge. The NEET 2021 exams are accommodated with the same application procedure, do follow it, to give the best out of your efforts.
The closure of schools and delay in results due to the countrywide lockdown amid COVID-19 pandemic has shifted the academic calendar by over 5 months for students. The Ministry of Human Resource Development received around 1.5k suggestions from educationists on reducing the curriculum from class 9th to 12th. Accepting the suggestions, CBSE has decided to reduce the 30% of class 11th and 12th syllabus. As per the notice, the core concepts have been retained while a few topics from various NCERT and CBSE books have been deleted. Education Minister of India, Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal, also tweeted about the reduction in CBSE Syllabus.
📢Considering the importance of learning achievement, it has been decided to rationalize syllabus up to 30% by retaining the core concepts.@PMOIndia @HMOIndia @HRDMinistry @mygovindia @transformIndia @cbseindia29 @mygovindia
— Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank (@DrRPNishank) July 7, 2020
CBSE confirmed the reduction in the class 11th & class 12th syllabus for 2021. However, there is no clarity on reduction of syllabus for Class 1st to 8th.
— CBSE HQ (@cbseindia29) July 7, 2020
What Topics Have Been Deleted For Class 11th and 12th?
CBSE has reduced the syllabus proportionally to the time lost. Classes usually resumed in April for Classes 12th and, in July for Class 11th (after 10th results). Many students want the government to reschedule the academic calendar without removing any topic.
Students can check the revised CBSE 2021 curriculum by visiting this page – CBSE Revised Curriculum 2021. Given below is the list of topics and chapters removed from the syllabus of PCB for Class 11th and 12th.
- Topics/Chapters removed from Physics – Check here
- Topics/Chapters removed from Chemistry – Check here
- Topics/Chapters removed from Biology – Check here
The reduction is being appraised by many students while a few are criticising this move. On one hand this reduction will help students to focus on core topics effectively, while on the other hand, it could also mean less knowledge of certain topics.
Also Read | Medical Courses After 12th exam
How Will This Impact NEET 2021 Syllabus?
NTA or MHRD has not announced any reduction in syllabus for the NEET 2021 exam or JEE Main 2021. NEET syllabus has been very similar to the CBSE curriculum in the past few years. However, there are some topics which are crucial to learn advanced concepts. Due to possible differences in the curriculum now, students might have to depend on the coaching institutes for grasping these advanced concepts.
NTA has clarified that there is no reduction in the syllabus for current year exams. NEET 2020 has already been postponed until 13th September 2020 due to exponential growing cases of the COVID-19 disease. Coaching Institutes usually start classes as early as April but are currently offering online classes to students, which also started around April 2020. While these institutes are trying to cover all the topics, it is yet questionable whether subsidising knowledge will help the students or deter their overall education quality?
To get admission into the dream medical college and course, the students have to first clear the NEET entrance exam. Many students appear for the examination every year, but only a few get into the top medical courses after 12th.
But this brings up an important question. What are the various medical courses offered after 12th exams? What can NEET 2021 offer in medical courses after 12th? Are MBBS and BDS the only two medical courses after 12th? What are the best courses in the medical field? And what are the career options when NEET is not cleared?
To make your work a bit easy and less stressful, we are here to give you more options for medical courses after 12th. Let us talk more about it because it is always better to keep your vision as clear as possible. Through this article, we have tried to highlight all the essential medical courses after 12th which students can opt using NEET 2021 scores. These medical courses will benefit both the selected as well as the non-selected participants of NEET 2021.
Medical Courses After 12th for NEET Participants
Admission to various colleges in these courses is done through NEET Counselling only. A large number of aspirants are only aware of MBBS and BDS courses offered by major colleges. But there are various other courses that a NEET aspirant can opt for. For example, Allopathy is still a growing concept in India. Meanwhile, the Government promotes AYUSH courses which are a great alternative to allopathy. Let us talk about the various medical courses after 12th. Given below is a list of courses under NEET 2021. Candidates can pursue these courses after qualifying NEET 2021.
Bachelor of Surgery, Bachelor of Medicine – MBBS
- Bachelor of Surgery, Bachelor of Medicine (MBBS), is among the most distinguished graduate degrees to pursue a career in the medical field.
- This is one of the most sought after medical courses after 12th, which is a combination of two professional certificates – medicine and surgery, offered by the country’s government and private colleges.
- Bachelor of Surgery, Bachelor of Medicine (MBBS), is designed for five years. 4 years of academic education and 1 year of compulsory internship at a hospital.
- It includes courses with Basic, Pre, and Paramedical subjects. In these five years of duration, the students are also required to complete twelve months of compulsory internship.
- The entrance examination NEET has a total of 83,075 MBBS seats. So the interested students can enroll themselves on these seats if they clear the NEET 2021 cut off.
Doctors are reputed and praised by all of society. An MBBS graduate from a good government college can easily earn more than 6 LPA during the 12-month internship. The best part about graduating as an MBBS from a govt. college is the high ROI and various perks associated with their government jobs.
- How to Score 600+ in NEET
- NEET 2021 Cut Off for Government Colleges
- NEET 2021 Preparation Tips for Physics
Bachelor of Dental Surgery – BDS
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) is another course with excellent medical facilities. This course is a fully-fledged course of five years duration.
- This includes 4 years of academic education and 1 year of compulsory internship.
- They also provide the students with an internship program offered through NEET.
After the completion of this course, students are certified as Dentists. They can take up their own practice or work as a dentist in any public/private hospital. There are other professions that one can practice from this degree. The average salary ranges from 4.8 to 6 lac p.a. Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) is regulated by the Dental Council of India (DCI) as per The Dentists Act, 1948.
Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery – (BAMS)
- Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS) is a hilly course focused on ayurvedic medicine after class 12th.
- This course is a fully-fledged course of five and a half years. They also provide the students with an internship program for a year.
This course has excellent opportunities for graduate aspirants. After their graduation, they can either continue general practice or can appear for M.D. Ayurveda.
Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery – (BHMS)
- Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS) is a professional graduate degree in Homeopathy in Kolkata, West Bengal.
- This course is a fully-fledged course of five and a half years.
- They also provide the students with an internship program for a year.
- The aspirants doing BHMS as their medical course after 12th can choose any specialization. To name a few Homeopathic Pharmacy, Psychiatry, Pediatrics, Skin specialist, and others.
This course has excellent opportunities for graduate aspirants. The aspirants can start their clinic or work with the multi-specialty chain.
Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery – BUMS
- Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery (BUMS) is a graduate degree program.
- BUMS degree is a fully-fledged course of five and a half years.
- They also provide the students with an internship program for one year.
- This undergraduate program gives a particular facility for completing the course through distance.
After getting a BUMS degree, the students can do private practice and open their clinic. Many hospital chains also require doctors with a speciality in Unani Medical and Surgery. Due to low competition, salary and scope of growth are pretty high.
Bachelor of Physiotherapy – B.Pth or BPT
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy – B.Pth or BPT is a hilly course in medical science known for Physiotherapy.
- As the duration is four and a half years, and six months is a mandatory internship for all the students.
This course has excellent opportunities for graduate aspirants. The aspirants can also work as employees in hospitals, fitness centers, private clinics, health institutes, etc.
Bachelor of Veterinary Science – B.VSc
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science (B.VSc) is a graduation course for students who want theoretical and practical knowledge to assist veterinary doctors in their laboratory.
- The duration is five years, and the course deals in prevention, diagnosis, and prevention of disease, disorder, and injury in animals.
After getting a B.VSc degree, the students can find employment in government as well as private veterinary hospitals.
Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yoga – BNYS
- Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yoga (BNYS) is a graduation in the field of medicine.
- This course will teach the students about both naturopathic medicine and modern science.
- The course’s total duration is four years and six months, with one year of compulsory internship.
A person with a BNYS degree can practice as a General Practitioner or can also become a lecturer in different and renowned medical colleges.
Bachelor of Siddha Medicine and Surgery – BSMS
- Bachelor of Siddha Medicine and Surgery(BSMS) is conducted and governed by the body of Health and Family Welfare.
- The course is a five and a half years course with one year of internship.
- It is also a very well designed course for medical aspirants.
A person with a BSMS degree can practice as a General Practitioner or can practice as a lecturer in various medical universities. They can be employed as a doctor in government hospitals.
Scope beyond the Medical Entrance Examination
Even if the aspirants do not clear the NEET 2021 examination, they have other alternative medical courses which the candidates can choose to become doctors. The medical courses diploma list without NEET includes Operational Therapy, BSc Biotechnology, Bachelor of Respiratory Therapy, and others. In this article, we have highlighted all the medical courses after 12th class examination that you can opt with the help of NEET 2021 examination.
To get themselves placed in any medical courses and colleges, the students should fulfil the essential eligibility criteria. The students can sit for the entrance examination if they have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (PCB) in their class 12.
Different types of Medicine Courses in India
Some of the most prominent all-time medical courses after 12th without NEET that can be pursued by the students are mentioned below:
- Bachelor of Science in Microbiology (Non-Clinical)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Biomedical Engineering
- Bachelor of Respiratory Therapy
- Bachelor in Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Healthcare Management
- Bachelor of Science in Cardiac or Cardiovascular Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology
So keep trying even if you do not secure the best college with the NEET 2021 examination. There is always a better opportunity in life. All the best.
Ques: Can I get admission to AIIMS based on Class 12th marks?
Answer: No, it is not possible to get admission in AIIMS on the basis of Class 12th marks.
Ques: Is it compulsory to have studied Mathematics to appear for NEET 2021?
Answer: No, Mathematics is not compulsory for Class 12th.
Ques: Is it possible to clear NEET with the preparation of 2 months?
Answer: Yes, you can clear NEET 2021 if you do a thorough preparation even in 2 months. You just need to devote longer hours and be more concentrated.
Ques: I am 25 years old. Can I appear for NEET 2021?
Answer: Yes, the upper age limit for NEET 2021 has been removed so you can appear for NEET 2021.
AMFC 2018 also known as Armed Forces Medical College 2018. This college is situated in Pune and will be conducting the AFMC MBBS Counselling 2018 most likely in the first week of July 2018. The counselling procedure will be conducted mainly based on NEET 2018 Score. The counseling for AMFC 2018 is in offline mode. The counseling will also comprise ToELR marks (Test of English Language Comprehension & Logical Reasoning), Psychological Assessment Test (PAT), document verification, medical examination and a Personal Interview by the board of directors by the Board of officers. This counseling will be held for approximately 150 seats.
Note: AMFC 2018 also examines the students’ ToELR marks while counselling.
The merit list for AMFC 2018 is expected to be published in the 4th week of June 2018. The total number of MBBS seats in AFMC Pune is 150 – 115 seats for Boys, 30 seats for Girls and 05 seats for Foreign Students.
The allotted time and date for the merit list students to report for the AMFC 2018 counseling session will be mentioned on the merit list. Desired candidates that have appeared for NEET UG 2018 and have scores which are at least equal or more than the cut off marks released by the authorities will also have a fair chance to be called for the AFMC 2018 counseling session.
Note: The inclusion in the merit list implies that the candidate is eligible for the AFMC MBBS Counselling 2018.
Important for AMFC 2018 Counselling
|Merit List||June 23, 2018|
|Merit list screening at AFMC (Counselling)||June 25 to July 04, 2018|
|List of shortlisted/merit list candidates||the First week of July 2018*|
|Reporting of shortlisted candidates for admission||Second week of July 2018*|
|Reporting of waitlisted candidates for admission (subject to the vacancy of seats)||Second week of July 2018*|
Note: The marks scored in NEET 2018 and ToELR will be added and the total sum will be divided by 4. Further, 50 marks of the interview will be added to the result obtained. These marks will be considered as the final marks for admissions to AFMC MBBS 2018. This is an intricacy which will decide whether the students will make it to the merit list. It will make the merit list more difficult to feature in.
ToELR (Test of English Language Comprehension & Logical Reasoning) is an online test which consists of 40 questions. The test is of 80 marks and has be negative marking of 0.5 marks for an incorrect answer. The candidates will be given 30 minutes to complete the test.
Candidates scoring at least or more than the cutoff marks required to gain admission to AFMC MBBS 2018 will be eligible to take ToELR. The marks scored in ToELR will then be added to NEET 2018 marks. This marking system will be out of 800 (where in 720 marks are for NEET 2018 and 80 marks are for ToELR). Later, the total marks will be divided by 4 to get the actual score out of 200. Finally, all the marks scored out of 200 will be added along to the marks scored in the personal interview out of 50 which will be considered for the further admission process.
AFMC Counselling 2018 – Score Calculation Process
AFMC Counselling Procedure will consider the final candidate score for allotment of seats. The step wise calculation of final score is explained in the table below:
|S. No.||Steps||Maximum Marks|
|2||NEET 2018 score||720|
|3||Revised Candidate Score = Total Score/4||Score out of 800/4 ie. Score out of 200 will be given|
|4||Score in Personal Interview (PI)||Score out of 50|
|Final Candidate Score
(Revised Candidate Score + Score in PI)
|Score out of 200 + 50 ie. Score out of 250|
Documents Required for AFMC 2018 Counselling
- 10th and 12th School Certificates or Birth Certificate
- Class X and XII mark sheets
- Character certificate from the institution last attended
- Certificate from the principal of the passing out school stating that the candidate was a regular student
- Aadhar card
- NEET 2018 scorecard
- NEET 2018 admit card
- Sports Certificate with the level of representation, if applicable
- Caste certificate, if applicable
- NCC Certificate
- Extracurricular activity certificate
- Coloured photograph with white background: 16 passport size & 16 stamp size
- AFMC registration slip printout
- Demand draft of Rs. 250 in the name of ‘DGAFMS Admission Fund’, payable at New Delhi.
AFMC 2018 Counselling Procedure
1. All the applicants need to report at the allotted centre. AFMC 2018 counselling will be conducted in two separate sessions one after the other.
2. Candidates reporting in the morning session will finish their rounds in the following order:
- Document Verification at 8 am
- Blood and Urine investigation
- A 30 minutes ToELR test
- PAT: It is a Psychological Assessment Test
- Interview will be taken by the board of officers at 2 pm
- Medical Examination will be conducted at 8 am on the next day.
3. Candidates who will be reporting in the afternoon session will finish their rounds in the following order:
- Document Verification at 12.30 pm
- Blood and Urine investigation
- A 30 minutes ToELR test
- PAT: It is a Psychological Assessment Test
- Interview will be taken by the board of officers at 9.00 am on the next day, and
- Medical Examination will be conducted at 02.00 pm. Also on the next day.
4. The result of these tests will be out max in the fourth week of July 2018. The shortlisted candidates will be required to report at AFMC, Pune at the allotted date and time to gain admission.
Cut offs for AFMC 2018 MBBS
The AFMC 2018 Cut Off in the form minimum qualifying marks will be uploaded soon on the official website. Candidates can however check the previous year cut offs to get an idea.
|Year||AFMC MBBS Cutoff for Boys||AFMC MBBS Cutoff for Girls|
Note: Overall cut off for 2018 for both boys and girls is 551 for 2018.
JIPMER 2018 Exam Pattern incorporates the aggregate no. of questions, exam pattern, marking scheme, the language of the paper, etc. Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) is the sorting out expert of JIPMER MBBS selection or entrance test. JIPMER is a national level selection test which is directed once in every year. Applicants can get admission in JIPMER, Puducherry and JIPMER, Karaikal campuses through this examination. In this article, we have given the information identified with JIPMER Exam Pattern 2018.
Before appearing in any selection test it is important to know the exam pattern of the specific exam. With the assistance of marking scheme, competitors can gauge that in which subject they can score more scores. The complete exam pattern is mentioned below.div
Highlights for JIPMER 2018 Exam Pattern
The mentioned table shows an overview of required information about JIPMER 2018 exam pattern.
|Number of parts||5 (Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Logic and Quantitative Reasoning, English and Comprehension)|
|Number of Questions||200|
|Question Paper Type||Objective Type (MCQs)|
|Exam duration||2 and a half hours|
|Exam language||English and Hindi|
JIPMER 2018 Exam Pattern in Detail
- JIPMER MBBS 2018 will be directed in online mode.
- It will be a Computer Based Test (CBT).
- JIPMER MBBS 2018 will be a 2 hours and 30 minutes duration test.
- Contingent upon the number of candidates, logistics as well as the final directions of the Madras High Court, the JIPMER entrance test may be directed in one morning shift or two shifts, ie. Morning and afternoon, from 10:00 A.M. to 12:30 P.M. for the morning shift and from 3:00 P.M. to 5:30 P.M. for the afternoon shift.
- Competitors of JIPMER MBBS 2018 will be allotted only the one morning shift or might be randomly organized in these two shifts.
- JIPMER MBBS 2018 exam will be supervised in English language only. The question paper of JIPMER MBBS 2018 will not be offered in any language other than English.
- JIPMER MBBS 2018 will consist of multiple-choice questions. Each question will have four options, amongst which single best response will have to be selected by the applicant.
- JIPMER MBBS 2018 will consist of 200 questions altogether with questions asked from English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Quants, and Reasoning.
- According to the exam pattern of JIPMER 2018, an applicant will be allotted 4 marks for each correct answer, while for the first time; one mark will be minus for wrong answers.
- No marks will be deducted for questions marked for review or left.
The question paper of JIPMER MBBS 2018 will comprise of 200 questions, with the total of 60 numbers of questions each asked from Physics, Chemistry as well as Biology, while 10 questions each will be asked from English Comprehension as well as Logic & Quantitative Reasoning.
JIPMER MBBS Exam Pattern 2018- Subject-wise Distribution of Questions
|English Language and Comprehension||10|
|Logical & Quantitative Reasoning||10|
Applicants can check below-mentioned details of some necessary features of the exam pattern of JIPMER MBBS 2018.
JIPMER MBBS 2018 Syllabus
According to the JIPMER syllabus which endorses that it doesn’t give any kind of another syllabus for the entrance test, the syllabus will be contained 10+2 board subject which is physics, chemistry, and biology. Here we are specifying you complete information on numerous subjects including topics.
|Physics||Chemistry||Biology||English||Logic and Quantitative Reasoning|
|Electrostatics||Solid State||Diversity of Living Organisms||Section A: Reading Unseen Passages and Note-making||Analogy test|
|Magnetic Effect of Current & Magnetism||Solutions||Cell Structure and Function||Section B: Writing Skills||Logical Deduction|
|Current Electricity||Electro-Chemistry||Human Physiology||Section C: Literature and Long Reading Text||Figure formation and analysis|
|Electronic Devices||Surface Chemistry||Biology and Human Welfare||Figure matrix, etc.|
|Optics||Haloalkanes and Haloarenes||Genetics and Evolution||Analogy test|
|Electromagnetic Waves||Alcohols, Phenols, and Ethers||Plant Physiology|
|Dual Nature of Matter||Chemical Kinetics||Ecology and Environment|
|Atoms & Nuclei||Coordination Compounds||Structural Organization in Animals and Plants|
|Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Current||Aldehyde, Ketone, and Carboxylic Acids||Biotechnology|
|Communication Systems||Isolation of Elements|
|d- and f-Block Elements|
|Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen|
|Chemistry in Everyday Life|
Qualifying Marks of JIPMER MBBS 2018
- Competitors should score marks comparable to specific percentiles to qualify JIPMER MBBS 2018 exam and proceed further in MBBS admission process.
- The base required percentile is distinctive for various categories.
Competitors can check category-wise minimum required percentile from the table mentioned below.
JIPMER MBBS 2018 – Minimum Qualifying Percentile
|Category||Minimum Required Percentile|
|General or OCI or NRI||50th Percentile|
|OBC or SC or ST||40th Percentile|
- The Result of JIPMER MBBS 2018 will be reported on June 9, 2018.
- This year JIPMER Pondicherry will take admission on 200 MBBS seats, partitioned into 150 seats in JIPMER Pondicherry and 50 seats in JIPMER Karaikal campus.
JIPMER 2018 Reference Books
The accompanying reference books will help the applicants in getting ready for JIPMER 2018 entrance exam for MBBS. These books will enable competitors to get a thought on the distinctive kinds and classification of questions that can be conventional in the exam.
|Target JIPMER||Arun Kumar D||9351291324|
|JIPMER Pondicherry Medical Entrance Exam||RPH Editorial Board||8178121549|
|JIPMER: 6 Years Chapter-wise Explorer||MTG Editorial Board||9385244825|
|Target AIIMS & JIPMER||Madhan Jeyaraman||9351294099|
Important Instructions for JIPMER exam pattern
- The exam would be directed in English language only.
- The question paper would consist of 200 multiple choice questions.
- The exam would be organized in Computer Based Test mode.
- There will be no negative marking in the examination.
- One mark would be granted to every right response.
- The exam will be organized in two sessions- Morning Session and Afternoon Session.
- Competitors must be cautious while taking note of exam timings, scene, and session.
- Applicants should report to the examination center at least 45 minutes before to the commencement of the entrance test.
- Applicants should carry a printout of the admit card and a valid photo identity proof constantly during the exam.
MBBS 2018 Entrance examination for Jawaharlal Institute Postgraduate Medical Education & Research is conducted by the JIPMER, Puducherry. JIPMER 2018 will be conducted to test the aptitude of candidates seeking admission to the MBBS programmes in JIPMER Karaikal & Puducherry campuses. The application process for JIPMER 2018 has started on March 03, 2018, and will continue till April 13, 2018. The examination is scheduled to be held on June 03, 2018, in an Online mode. JIPMER 2018 will consist of 200 Multiple Choice Questions(MCQs). Candidates will be given 150 minutes to complete the Test.