NTA has laid down a set of NEET 2020 eligibility criteria for candidates who wish to appear for the examination. Before filling the NEET application form, candidates are advised to carefully check NEET Eligibility Criteria for the year 2020.
Latest: The candidates can download their NEET 2020 Admit Card prior 15 days of the exam that is from 11 July 2020. Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal, Union HRD Minister, has announced the dates for NEET 2020. Exam will be held on 26th July 2020. Keep update yourselves by checking NEET 2020 Exam Date.
NEET 2020 Eligibility Criteria includes age limit, qualifications, category, nationality, pass percentage and other criteria. In order to pursue graduation in the medical field, the basic criteria is to score a minimum 50% in 12th standard board for general category and 45% or 40% for reserved category candidates. After you meet the NEET eligibility criteria, it is necessary to know how to apply for NEET 2020.
Re-opens: NTA reopened the NEET 2020 Application Correction Window till 31 May 2020.
NTA has brought some changes in NEET 2020 exam last few years:
- The candidates are capable of applying for the offline mode NEET exam, including the residents of J&K.
- Application fees of NEET 2020 have been increased from 1400 to 1500, for the unreserved candidates.
NEET 2020 Eligibility Criteria: Overview
|NEET Eligibility Criteria|
|Age limit||Applicants must have completed 17 years of age at the time of admission or before 31st December of the year of admission.|
|Maximum attempt||There is no attempt limit from this year (subject to change)|
|Citizenship||Candidates must be Indian. NRIs, PIOs, OCIs and Foreign National are also eligible to apply.|
|Qualification||Candidates must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English|
|Minimum Marks (in PCB)||General – 50%, PwD – 45%, OBC/SC/ST – 40%|
|Appearing Applicants||Candidates who are appearing in class 12th are also eligible for NEET 2020|
NEET 2020 Eligibility Criteria – Qualifying Examination Codes
|Qualification and Qualifying Examination Codes|
|Code 1||Candidates who are appearing in class 12th in 2020, are eligible for NEET 2020. If the candidate does not pass in 12th or fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria at the first round of counselling, will not be eligible for admission.|
|Code 2||Higher/Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher/Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 year study, the last 2 year study consists Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and Mathematics or any other elective subject with English. Candidates must have undertaken 2 years for regular and continuous study of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology subjects. Candidates who have completed 10+2 from NIOS or private Institutes are not eligible for NEET 2020.|
|Code 3||Intermediate/Pre-degree Examination in Science of an Indian University/Board or other recognized examining the body with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and also English as a compulsory subject.|
|Code 4||Pre-professional/Pre-medical Examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology & English after passing either the Higher Secondary Examination or Pre-University or an equivalent examination. The Pre-professional/Pre-medical examination shall include practical tests in these subjects and also English as a compulsory subject.|
|Code 5||The first year of the three years’ degree with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology including practical tests with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology with English.|
|Code 6||B.Sc candidates of an Indian University provided that he/she has passed the exam with not less than two of the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany, Zoology)/Bio-technology and further that he/she has passed the earlier qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English|
|Code 7||Passed another examination apart from the above, which is equivalent to intermediate science examination of an Indian University/Board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology. It also includes practical tests. (Foreign Students)|
NEET 2020 Eligibility Criteria – Age Limit
- Applicants must have completed 17 years of age at the time of admission or before 31st December of the year of admission in an institute.
- There is no upper age limit for NEET 2020 as per Supreme Court interim order.
- Admissions to colleges for candidates aged 25 or above shall depend on the final judgement of the Supreme Court.
- Both the Sc/ST/OBC/PwD/General EWS candidates should be born on or before 31st December, 2003.
|For Candidates of General/ General-EWS||Born on or before December 31, 2003|
|For Candidates of SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PwD Category|
NEET 2020 Eligibility Criteria – Qualification Criteria
- Qualifying Exam: Applicants must have qualified their higher secondary examination or International board examination which is recognized and equivalent to 10+2 examination.
- Subjects: Applicants must have passed the qualifying examination with the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and any other elective subjects with English.
- Minimum Marks: Applicants must secure at least 50% marks for general category, 40% marks (SC/ST/OBC), 45% marks for general physical handicap and 40% marks (SC/ST/OBC-PH) as aggregate score in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
|General/GEN-EWS||50% marks in the qualifying exam|
|OBC/SC/ST Category||40% marks in the qualifying exam|
|Persons With Disabilities||45% marks in the qualifying exam|
- Appearing Applicants: Applicants who are in 12th standard are also eligible to apply but they must possess the passing certificates complying with the percentage criteria in the first round of counselling.
- The aspirants should submit the NEET Qualifying Examination Codes properly during the online form fill up procedure of the exam.
- NIOS applicants, who have Biology as a subject in 12th, are capable of applying for the NEET 2020 Exam.
Note: Marks obtained in Mathematics in 12th standard will not be considered for admission to MBBS/BDS courses.
Number of Attemps: NEET Exam
The aspirants are allowed to appear NEET exam for uncountable number of times. They can take the exam as many times as they want. Moreover, the number of attempts to the exam was removed from the year 2018.
NEET 2020 Nationality Eligibility Criteria
- Indian nationals
- Non-resident Indians (NRIs)
- Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs)
- Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs)
- Foreign Nationals
NEET 2020 Eligibility Criteria for Foreign/NRI Students- Qualification Criteria
- The foreign/NRI students should pass in Chemistry in order to fulfil their dream to read in Indian Medical Colleges.
- As per the Association of Indian Universities and the MCI regulatory Universities, the foreign/NRI candidates should get a score at least 50% in Physics, Chemistry, Biotechnology/Biology and in English.
- International Baccalaureate or GCSE students can also apply for NEET 2020.
NEET 2020 Eligibility Criteria for 15% All India Quota Seats
MCC conducts the online counselling for NEET. In order to take part in All India Quota Counselling, candidates must apply for the same online. NEET Counselling is done in two rounds.
- Indian Nationals, NRIs, OCI, PIO and Foreign Candidates can take part in 15% AIQ seats.
- Applicants who belong to Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh are not eligible for 15% All India Quota seats as the state and UT have opted out of AIQ Scheme for admission.
- They can get admission in Private/Deemed Universities or Medical/Dental Colleges. They are also eligible for taking admission in Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune.
- The aspirants, who are put in the waiting list, are capable of getting guidance from DGHS (Director General of Health Services).
- Andhra Pradesh and Telangana shall be taking part in AIQ Scheme beginning this year.
NEET 2020 Eligibility Criteria for 85% State Quota Seats
85% seats are reserved for State candidates. It is conducted by the state counselling. Candidates must contact the authority to know the respective dates and events. Merit list will be released on the basis of State based Candidates All India rank. The eligibility for the 85% state quota seats are listed below:
- Applicants must have completed 10th and 12th standard from the state
- The students must possess a valid state domicile
- Applicants should possess a valid proof of state residency
- Foreign Nationals, Indian Nationals, OCIs, NRIs, PIOs applicants can take admission under state quota.
NEET Eligibility Criteria for Foreign students/NRI
- If an aspirant has completed his/her study from abroad and now he/she wants to take admission into the Indian medical Colleges, then they need to pass the examinations like Physics, Chemistry, Biotechnology/Biology and need to obtain at least 50% marks in each section. The equivalency of their study will be examined by Association of Indian Universities as MCI regulations.
- The aspirants, who have completed their study from International Baccalaureate (IB)/GCSE or Advanced Placement curriculum in school.
- Indian IB aspirants are also capable of applying for the exam.
Some Notable Information to take Admission in Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune
- Admission procedure will be subject to the regulations, which are specified by Government of India, Ministry of Defence and by the Directorate General of Armed Force Medical Services.
- In order to appear in further screening process for getting into AFMC, Pune, the NEET 2020 applicants should check the official website.
- One should contact AFMC to get to know about the detailed information regarding the NEET rules and regulations.
NEET 2020 Eligibility Criteria for Seats in Participating Bodies
Some other medical colleges like Armed Force Medical College (AFMC) Pune, Banaras Hindu University (BHU) Uttar Pradesh, Jamia Hamdard University, Delhi are also participating in NEET 2020 and also considered NEET 2020 scores while taking the admission.
AFMC requires an additional screening process even after meeting the criteria for admission. You need to apply for the same separately on the official website of AFMC, Pune.
The Overseas Citizen of India may also appear for NEET 2020, subject to the rules of Indian Government. Applicant’s upper and lower age limit shall be considered as per the rules of states/universities/institutions for those who would be seeking admission under the control of affiliated Institutions/Universities/States.
Ans. Read the following content for getting to know the eligibility criteria of the general candidates in NEET 2020 exam:
- Need to pass higher secondary or equivalent exams with Chemistry, English, Physics and Biotechnology/Biology.
- Need to get 50% marks in each of the subjects.
- Minimum age limit should be 17 years
Ans. No, there are no such restrictions. The eligible candidates can appear for the exam an uncountable number of times.
Ans. The eligibility of qualifying marks is highlighted in the following:
Ans. Yes you definitely can. Only you need to take special permission from the Supreme Court.
Ans. The below mentioned residents are capable to avail 15% AIQ seats:
- Indian Nationals
- Non Resident Indians (NRIs)
- Overseas Citizen of India (OCIs)
- Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs)
- Foreign Nationals