National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (Post Graduate), also known as NEET PG, is conducted annually by NBE. NEET PG 2021 is meant for admission into MD/MS/PG Diploma courses. NEET PG has been rescheduled to be conducted on 11th September 2021. It will be conducted on a single day in a single shift.
NEET PG exam pattern has also been declared by NBE in its information brochure that was released in February. NEET PG Exam pattern consists of 200 questions which aspirants should complete within the exam duration of 3 hours 30 minutes. No extra time is allotted to any candidate for completing their exam. NEET PG exam syllabus with the important topics from all subjects makes the preparation easy for aspirants.
NEET PG Exam Pattern 2021
NEET PG Exam will be conducted as a Computer Based Test. There will be no subjective questions, and only MCQs will be asked. The number of questions in each topic will be different.
|Duration||3 hours 30 minutes|
|NEET PG 2021 Total Marks||800|
|Number of questions||200|
|Type of questions||Multiple-choice questions|
|Marking Scheme||-1 for an incorrect answer
+4 for every correct answer
0 for unattempted questions
|Total number of questions from section A||50|
|Social and Preventive Medicine||25|
|Total number of questions from section B||100|
|General Surgery Including Orthopedics, Anaesthesia and Radiodiagnosis||45|
|General Medicine Including Dermatology & Venereology & Psychiatry||45|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology||30|
|Total number of questions from section C||150|
Detailed NEET PG Exam Pattern
NEET PG 2021 exam will be conducted in online mode and only MCQs questions will be asked. Candidates will get 3 hours 30 minutes to complete the exam. The aspirants will be awarded with 4 marks for every correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer. A total of 200 questions will be asked in the NEET PG 2021 in which candidates can score a maximum of 800 Marks.
- Aspirants are required to accept a Non Disclosure Agreement before starting the exam.
- Aspirants can take a demo test through the official website before the actual exam.
- NEET PG 2021 will be based on the syllabus taught in the MBBS curriculum including Para-Clinical, Pre-clinical and Clinical subjects.
Pattern of Demo Test
- Demo test is a sample test of on-line examination.
- The purpose of demo test conduction is to make the aspirants aware about the navigation and functionality of NEET PG exam.
- The aspirants would be able to know about the features of the test such as screens, selecting, de-selecting, reviewing and marking responses etc.
- In a nutshell, demo tests will lead to minimising the difficulties that candidates might face in the actual test.
15 minutes Tutorial
- The 15 minutes tutorial will lead the students to make a deep understanding about the NEET PG computer based test.
- Similar to the demo test, the 15 minute tutorial offers the candidates to learn about the navigation and features of the online test.
- The aspirants are advised to go through the entire tutorial of 15 minutes before starting of actual exam
- Once the applicants complete the 15 minutes tutorial, they need to accept a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) before starting the actual exam.
- Want to Start Preparation for NEET 2021? Check Smart Study Plan Here
- Time Table for NEET 2021 Preparation
NEET PG 2021 Marking Scheme
NEET PG Syllabus 2021
The NEET PG syllabus 2021 is prepared by MCI as per the Graduate Medical Education Regulations with the consent of the Government of India. Candidates should be well versed in the syllabus. Below is the detailed table. Candidates can download the NEET PG Syllabus pdf by clicking on Ctrl+P and saving the entire document in the PDF format.
|Pre Clinical Sub (phase 1)||Para Clinical Sub (phase 2)||Clinical Sub (Phase 1 and Phase 2)|
|Human Anatomy||Pathology||Medicines and its specialties|
|Intro to Humanities & Community Medicine||Pharmalogy||Surgery and its specialties|
|Human Physiology with Bio Physics||Forensic Medicine||Radiotherapy|
|Community Medicine||Radio Diagnosis|
|–||–||Obstetrics And Gynecology|
You Might Like
NEET PG 2021 Reference Books
The applicants will get an idea about the correct exam pattern while they go through the NEET 2021 PG Reference Books. In addition, they will have an understanding of the category of questions.
|Name of the Books||Author Name||ISBN|
|All India PG Medical Entrance Exam with Answers||Gupta, Krishnamurthy & Sethi||978-8123925776|
|DNB CET Review for Primary and Post Diploma||Vaibhav Bharat & Ishad Aggarwal||978-8189477219|
|DAMS Beat The NEET||Sumer K Sethi||978-8184451214|
|Self Assessment and Review of NEET Pattern Question||Arvind Arora||978-9380438658|
|Postgraduate Medical Entrance Exam, Volume 2 & 3||Amit Tripathi & Ashish Gupta||978-9380438771|
How to Prepare for NEET PG 2021?
Preparation is very important for any exams. For NEET PG 2021 exam, the candidate should first go through the exam pattern and the syllabus shared so that they get a view of the structure of the test and topics on which the multiple choice questions would come. Some go to preparation tips for NEET PG 2021 are given below:
- Start solving the sample papers or the previous year question papers
- After solving the old sample or question papers the candidate must analyze the answers so that the candidate can know the preparation level
- While solving the question paper, you should keep a track of the duration of 3 hours 30 minutes
Candidates can also take a DEMO test for the check. The candidates who have registered for this exam can only take this DEMO test. With the help of the NEET PG Demo test they will be able to know the test structure, navigation layout and other major functions of the actual test.
1. How many subjects do I need to prepare for NEET PG 2021?
Answer: There are a total of 19 subjects that you need to prepare for NEET PG 2021.
2. Is NEET PG tough?
Answer: Yes, NEET PG is tough but you can crack it with consistent preparation and hard work.
3. Is it possible to clear NEET PG 2021 without coaching?
Answer: It is definitely possible to clear any exam without coaching as a lot of candidates do that every year.
4. Is it possible to crack NEET PG in the first attempt?
Answer: Yes, right preparation and consistent hard work can help you clear NEET PG in the first attempt.