NEET Preparation Tips: NEET 2020 Exam is rescheduled and will be conducted on 13th September 2020. Students, who are diligent and passionate about medical, can utilise this extra time to the fullest. Better, use this time wisely and productively by maintaining social distancing. Through this article, you will get NEET Preparation tips.
However, before applying for NEET 2020 exam, go through the eligibility criteria. Though the conducting body has also changed from CBSE to NTA, however, the NEET 2020 syllabus is still the same which was stipulated by the CBSE. To get high score, the aspirants should make a smart study plan and should devote their time to constant practices. The aspirants should start their learning with the maximum weightage chapters. Moreover, the NEET Exam Pattern has seen no change this year. In this regard, the aspirants can check previous years question papers.
Latest Update: NTA will release the NEET 2020 Admit card prior 15 days of the exam. The authority opened the NEET form correction window from 4th July to 20th July, 2020.
The difficulty level of NEET 2020 Exam is very high. Over 16 lakhs students appeared for NEET in 2020 for 412 medical colleges across the country. Read the following article about NEET Preparation Tips that will help you to get into the top medical colleges of the country.
Important NEET Preparation Tips
To start preparing for the exam, candidates must start by following the preparation tips. Briefly, NEET preparation tips simplify the exam preparations. some useful and basic NEET preparation tips are mentioned below:-
- Make a time table and follow timely.
- Solve previous year papers.
- While studying focus on important questions and least questions to the exam approach accordingly.
- Also, attempt mock tests.
- Moreover, analyze mock test results and also work on your weak topics.
- Besides, make notes of important formulas.
- Keep practicing on topics.
- Read more from NCERT.
- You may also go through the online study material for NEET Preparation Online.
- Furthermore, do not read any new topic a day before the exam.
- Don’t panic, take proper rest.
Check |NEET Chemistry Syllabus
Things Should Consider while Preparing for the Exam
- Unprepared Topics:- Many students tend to leave unprepared many important sections, which cover the maximum number of questions. In fact, they do not go through the exam pattern before starting the preparation. NEET syllabus is centered around class 11th and 12th syllabus.
- Revision:- Some students study hard throughout the year. However, ignore to revise regularly before a few months from the examination. Consequently, last-minute revision confuses them and they do not make their best in the exam.
- Mock Test:- Students also do not go through the mock tests that give them the idea and feel of the real exam. Many students rely too much only on some specific books for their preparation. There are a total of 13,000 concepts in the NEET syllabus from which you must target to prepare accordingly.
- Study Material: Though, NEET 2020 exam has been delayed due to the outbreak of Covid 19, however, the aspirants should take preparation properly to meet the cutoff marks. Hence, they need to have enough study material, so that they can effectively revise their lesson.
Students also often ignore their health while preparing for entrance exams, which must not be done. They also tend to mix-up their NEET timetable with class 12th studies. NEET and class 12 should be managed separately.
Check | NEET Biology Syllabus
Basic NEET Preparation Tips 2020
There are just a few months left for the NEET 2020. Therefore you should follow some preparation tips. Following are some NEET preparation tips that you also adapt to give your preparation a boost and improve your ranking in NEET 2020 subsequently.
1. Formalize a Feasible Timetable
Students must prepare a feasible timetable based on their strengths and capabilities. Then strictly follow it. Such a timetable also helps you to stay focused on your goal while preparing for NEET. Note that you should divide time for each subject daily since each section is equally important for NEET 2020.
2. Start from Scratch
You should not begin with the complex topics in the start. Your fundamentals must be cleared before you move on later to the complex topics.
You must note down your notes and also the important formulas. Jot down important topics from which most of the questions are asked and prepare those very well, and then move to the lesser important sections.
3. Know the syllabus in a detailed manner
Before you start preparation for NEET 2020 exam, the aspirants should know the syllabus in a detailed manner. You should make a list of the syllabus and put a tick, once you complete reading one section or topic of each of the subjects. Hence, it will help you to understand how many chapters you have left to learn before you start to revise.
4. Regular Practice and Revision
Regular practice will only help you prepare well. Once you are done with theoretical concepts, you must practice as many questions as possible from each of the topics to gain perfection.
5. Attempt Full-Length Mock Tests
You need to attempt to complete mock tests once your syllabus is covered. It gives you an idea, specifically on how to manage your time while attempting the NEET 2020 exam.
The mock tests taken regularly builds your confidence and stamina for attending the real test. You need to assess your score and see improvement over the series of tests accordingly.
6. Understand the Exam Pattern
While preparing for NEET, it is very important for you to know the exam pattern. This gives you a clear idea about how you should prepare for the exam.
7. Do not panic and stay positive:
The competition level of cracking the NEET 2020 exam is getting high. However, the aspirants do not need to panic or stress. Meanwhile, they need to stay positive to face the challenge. Only strong dedication and continuous practice can bring success in getting high scores in the NEET 2020 exam.
Check NEET Sample Papers
NEET Preparation Tips by Toppers and Experts
Some of the popular NEET Preparation tips followed by the experts are discussed in the following:
- Try to clear your concepts instead of following shortcut methods. Medical aspirants should focus on understanding the concepts behind the problems instead of just practicing formulas and answering questions. Instead of utilizing shortcuts, candidates must focus on understanding the 4-5 concepts present in every chapter. This way they can easily prepare for Physics.
- The candidates are advised to make a circle and underline all the important and relevant parts. Since many of the parts in the questions are irrelevant and are not required for answering. Consequently, candidates can reduce the percentage of silly mistakes.
- If the candidates face new questions in the exam centre, then they need to realise that 50% out of four options are not accurate. This elimination specifically leads to analyse the answers more optimally (out of two answers).
- The aspirants should know the effective and speedy way of filling the OMR sheet. However, incorrect filling OMR sheet will also lead to reducing your score in NEET 2020 exam.
- While you are revising thoroughly, try to create a diagram, table, and chart for remembering the information.
- Do not forget to remember the prefix such as bi, mono, dio and uni.
- Make mnemonic phrases for classifications and also for series.
- Do not spend much time solving one question. If you are not confident to solve or do not know the correct answer, you also move to the next question.
90 Days Preparation Plan-Subject Wise
To practice regularly, the aspirants should make and follow the 90 Days revision plan. Here we have covered the syllabus into a 90 days plan. We have divided the syllabus to prepare in 3 months according to their weightage. To know details, you should read the following points thoroughly:
Chemistry 90 Days Plan
|1st Month||2nd Month||3rd Month|
90 Days revision plan of Physics:
|1st Month||2nd Month||3rd Month|
90 Days revision plan of Biology:
|1st Month||2nd Month||3rd Month|
Revision Plan for NEET 2020
Two months have left before NEET 2020 exam. Hence, the students should start the revision properly to get a high score in the main exam. A thorough revision plan is effective to clear your concept and also for brushing up your basic skills.
Create a study plan
You should start revision once you have done your learning session. Hence, you should make a study plan accordingly. Consequently you can complete the revision within the projected timeline.
- Start your revision with those sections or chapters, which you find difficult. If you are not that confident with the preparation of that chapter, you should work on it.
- Afterward, the students should systematically revise the chapters.
- Besides, you need to make a timetable and need to follow it strictly.
- Moreover, you should set a weekly target.
- Start to do 6 hours daily self-study and try to increase the time duration with the time being (specifically when the exams come nearer).
- Finally, you should not spend more than three long hours for revisioning one section.
Use technology as much as you can
You will get multiple online applications and websites for NEET 2020 exam preparation as well as for downloading the study materials.
- If the aspirants are tech-savvy, then it will be the greatest opportunity for them to utilize it for revision purposes.
- For instance, if the aspirants will have any doubt regarding any particular chapter or section, then they can follow the guidelines of experts, which are available online to make it easier for them.
- Furthermore, the aspirants are advised to follow the YouTube channels for getting to know about the professor’s lectures.
- Lastly, better you do self-study. You can also take help from Google for clearing doubts.
Appear for mock test
Appearing for the mock test is the only way of getting ready and revised for NEET 2020 exam.
- You should appear mock tests as much as you can.
- Consequently, you will get a clear idea about the exam pattern of NEET 2020 completely.
- Keep each day of the week for each subject. For instance, Chemistry: Every Tuesday; Physics: Every Thursday; Biology: Every Sunday.
- Apart from getting ideas on exam patterns, the students can increase the pace for completing the main NEET 2020 exam. Hence, you can complete the paper within the mentioned time.
Last 30 Days Revision Plan for NEET 2020 Exam
Revise your notes
- In the last 30 days, the aspirants should revise the notes every day to make a strong grasp of the application.
- You are advised to revise your formulae of the subjects every day. However, it is difficult to revise and retain the essential formulas at once, hence, you should need to revise some sections of the chapters daily, before the last days of the exam.
- Apart from the important formulas, the aspirants should also keep practicing the diagrams with proper labeling.
- In addition, the candidates should revise the Periodic Table thoroughly to get a good score in Chemistry.
- On the other hand, to remember the Physics chapters and sections, the candidates should make flowcharts. It will help the students to make their Physics concepts clear.
- Solve as much as possible previous years’ question papers and then analyze the answers. Do it by yourself, so that you can identify your mistakes, and weak points.
- Though the aspirants will get the questions from all the sections, however, try to figure out the most weightage sections (from where the students get most of the questions in the past two years).
- The aspirants need to take a mock test or should also solve previous years’ questions.
- Also, do not forget to take the exam on an OMR sheet. It will help you to change your habits before the final exam.
- If you are stuck with any topic at the last moment, you should immediately contact your teacher.
- In case of doing self-study, you should check from Google to clear your doubts and concepts.
Mock tests are must
- Furthermore, the candidates should take a full length mock test every day.
- Regular practice of mock test can increase your accuracy level besides increasing the pace of your speed level to complete the paper.
Practice Previous Year Question Papers
- To familiarise with the exam pattern, question types, the students should go through the previous years NEET question papers.
- Practice previous year question paper. It is dependent upon three factors and these are time management, accuracy level and, on selection of questions.
- Specifically, the question solving approach for NEET 2020 Main should be: first understand the question, then do the application of the concepts and at last, do the calculation.
- The selection of choosing the chapters is dependent upon the convenience of the candidates.
- However, as per expert’s guidance, the aspirants should first attempt the Biology, then solve the Chemistry section immediately, and at last, they should answer Physics questions, since the difficulty level of the Physics questions in NEET main exam is comparatively harder than the other two sections.
Maintain a healthy lifestyle
- In the last month of the NEET examination, the candidates should not go through mental stress.
- Moreover, they should follow a healthy diet and take deep sleep.
- To increase the concentration level, deep sleep is also very important for NEET 2020 aspirants.
Factors Affecting NEET 2020 Preparation
Multiple factors that affect NEET preparation and may bring down the rank of candidates. The primary factor is that often students do not follow a rigorous time table for their NEET preparation. The NEET Exam which includes three sections of physics, Chemistry, and Biology. And the duration of the exam is three hours which has 180 questions, 45 from physics, 90 from biology, and 45 from physics.
The best approach to prepare for NEET is to make notes of important questions and solve previous year question papers. It will be very helpful to you. Revise the important questions, formulas, and equations daily. In physics, there are some chapters on the topics of current electricity, communication systems, and semiconductors. This will help you with your revisions.
Check |NEET Physics Syllabus
Online Apps and Online Materials
There are numerous online applications for earing up the practice session of the NEET 2020 exam. Some of them are:
You will get 25000 sample questions in the NEET Guru app. It is a combination of biology, Physics, and Chemistry. In addition, this app will provide you a direct link to YouTube for getting explanatory videos.
Byju’s: The Learning App
The candidates will get an extensive range of study material. In addition, they can attend one on one interactive session with the experts. Hence, the aspirants also need to attend the video class modules.
To clear the concept of Physics, this app is very useful for brushing up the Physics topics. For example, the content of the subject is available in 67 regional dialects as well as in international languages. Some of them are Bangla, French, Marathi, Chinese, Urdu. In addition, the aspirants will also get more than 7000 relevant videos on the subject to strengthen knowledge.
Darwin-NEET 2020 Preparation
From this app, the aspirants will get 30 years MCQs of NEET and AIIMS medical examination questions subsequently. Therefore, the students will get access to more than 25000 MCQs to solve. In addition, from these apps, the candidates will be able to check their analytical performance to identify their strengths and weakness. Moreover, the students can also take free daily test sessions from the previous NEET question papers section.
Besides online applications, the aspirants can immediately download Biology NEET Inspection, AskIITians-IIT, JEE, NEET, SAB, CBSE, ICSE Prep App, Aakash iTutor App, etc for downloading the study materials.
NEET 2020 Important Topics
To prepare in a right manner for the NEET 2020 exam, the students should have a clear concept on the NEET exam pattern. Since NEET 2020 is one of those toughest exams in India, hence, unless you follow proper preparation, you cannot get the cutoff marks in the entrance test.
Physics Important Topics:
|Low Weightage||Medium weightage||High Weightage|
|Units and Dimensions||Motion in one dimension||Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating current|
|Work, Energy and Power||Newton’s Laws of Motion||Ray optics|
|Thermal Properties of Matter, Calorimetry and Kinetic Theory of Gases||Circular motion||Rotational Motion|
|Photo-electric effect and electromagnetic waves||Heat Transfer||Laws of Thermodynamics|
|Nuclear Physics and Radioactivity||Properties of Matter and Fluid Mechanics||Magnetic Effects of Current|
|Center of Mass and Momentum Conservation (Collision)||Waves and sounds||Current Electricity|
|Experimental Physics||Atomic Structure in Modern Physics||Semiconductors and Communication system|
|Oscillations||Gravitation||Classical Magnetism and Magnetic Properties of Matter|
|Motion in 2 dimensions and projectile motion||Wave Optics||–|
Chemistry Important Topics
|Low Weightage||Medium Weightage||High Weightage|
|Solid State||Redox Reactions and Volumetric Analysis||Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure|
|Metallurgy: General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Metals||Carbonyl compounds (Aldehydes and Ketones)||Chemical Thermodynamics|
|Qualitative Inorganic Analysis||Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties||Chemical Kinetics|
|Practical and Environmental Chemistry||Mole Concept (Some basic concepts of Chemistry)||Alcohols and Ethers|
|Atomic Structure||Amines and Diazonium salts||P block elements|
|Nuclear and Surface Chemistry||Haloarenes and Phenols||General Organic Chemistry|
|Haloalkanes||Alkanes, Alkenes and Alkynes||Coordination Compounds|
|Classification and Nomenclature of Organic Compounds||Chemical Equilibrium||S block elements: Alkali and Alkaline Earth Metals and Hydrogen|
|Purification and Characterization of Organic Compounds||Ionic Equilibrium||Biomolecules and Polymers|
|Carboxylic Acid and its Derivatives||Isomerism of Organic Compounds||–|
|Liquids and Gaseous State||D and F block elements||–|
|–||Solutions and Colligative Properties||–|
Biology Important Topics
|Low Weightage||Medium Weightage||High Weightage|
|The Living World||Organisms and Population||Animal Kingdom|
|Mineral Nutrition||Neural Control and Coordination||Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants|
|Structural Organisation in Animals||Anatomy of Flowering Plants||Molecular Basis of Inheritance|
|Reproduction in Organisms||Digestion and Absorption||Principles of Inheritance and Variation|
|Plant Growth and Development||Evolution||Morphology of flowering plants|
|Respiration in Plants||Reproductive Health||Biological Classification|
|Strategies for enhancement in food production||Biotechnology and its Applications||–|
|Microbes in Human Welfare||Cell Cycle and Cell Division||–|
|Transport in Plants||Biodiversity and Conservation||–|
|Excretory Products and their Elimination||Biotechnology- Principles and Processes||–|
|Locomotion and Movement||Human Reproduction||–|
|Biomolecules||Breathing and Exchange of Gases||–|
|Body Fluids and Circulation||Cell- The Unit of Life||–|
|Human Health and Disease||Chemical Coordination and Integration||–|
|–||Photosynthesis in Higher Plants||–|
NEET Preparation Tips: Books to Refer
While preparing for the exam it is simultaneously important to refer to the best books which cover the exam syllabus and exam pattern. NEET Preparation tips are worthless if candidates won’t choose the best books. Here we have provided subject-wise reference books:-
Best Books for Physics Preparation
|Book Name||Author Name|
|Concepts of Physics||H.C. Verma|
|Fundamentals of Physics||Halliday, Resnick and Walker|
|Objective Physics||D C Pandey|
|Complete NEET Guide||MTG Editorial Board|
Best Books for Chemistry Preparation
|Book Name||Author Name|
|Physical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, and Inorganic Chemistry||O.P. Tandon|
|Bull’s Eye Chemistry NEET Edition 2020||Seema Saini and K.S. Saini|
|Organic Chemistry||Morrison and Boyd|
|MTG’s Objective NCERT at your fingertips||MTG Editorial Board|
Best Books for Biology Preparation
|Book Name||Author Name|
|Objective Biology (Volumes 1 & 2)||GR Bathla|
|Elementary Biology (Volume 1 & 2)||Trueman|
|A Class Book for Botany||A C Dutta|
|Complete NEET Guide: Biology||MTG Editorial Board|
Well to conclude, you must be on your toes right now for preparation of the NEET 2020 exam. Apart from following the NEET preparation tips mentioned above, you must also give little time to relax your mind through any mode that entertains you.
NEET 2020 Exam Pattern
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
|Total Marks||720 Marks|
|No. of questions in each section||Physics- 45
Biology- 90 (Botany- 45, Zoology- 45)
|Marking Scheme||+ 4 for a right answer,-1 for an incorrect answer|
|Type of Questions||MCQs|
|Exam Language||Hindi, English, Gujarati, Marathi, Oriya, Bengali, Assamese, Telugu, Tamil, and Kannada|
|Exam Date||13th September 2020|
The aspirants are requested not to select more than one answer for a question, then you will get a negative mark for that question.
Moreover, it offers the candidates to practice the papers even without an internet connection. You will also get previous years to question papers for solving. Therefore, it is the best way of navigating and delivering the best results.
These may include listening to music and talking to your friends. Nonetheless at the same time, do not over consume your time. All the best!