NEET 2021 exam date has already been released by NTA and NEET 2021 Application Forms have also been released. Candidates who wish to get admission in MBBS/BDS courses in any government, private or deemed medical institutions of India are required to register for NEET 2021 exam by filling the NEET 2021 Application form. The applications are open till August 6, 2021. Also, the exam has been scheduled to be conducted on September 12, 2021.
Through this article you will know how to fill NTA NEET 2021 Application Form accurately and about the NEET correction window details. Only candidates fulfilling the NEET 2021 Eligibility Criteria will be issued the NEET 2021 admit card.
The total number of seats in Medical admission (MBBS) and Dental Admission (BDS) has been increased to 83075 and 26949 respectively.
Important Dates of NEET 2021 Application Form
|Exam Activity||Dates (Tentative)|
|NEET Application Form 2021 Release Date||July 13, 2021|
|NEET Application Form 2021 submission closes||August 6, 2021 (11:50 PM)|
|One time application correction window||August 8-12, 2021|
|Availability of NEET 2021 admit card||September 2021|
|NEET 2021 Offline entrance exam||September 12, 2021|
|Students applied for the exam||15,97,435||15,93,452||13,26,725|
|Aspirants appeared in the exam||13,66,945||14,10,755||12,69,922|
|Registered Male candidates||7,16,586||6,80,414||5,80,649|
|Registered Female candidates||8,80,843||8,38,966||7,46,075|
|Transgender candidates registered for the exam||6||6||1|
|Appeared transgender candidates in the exam||4||5||1|
NTA NEET 2021 Registration Process
Candidates who are willing to apply for the exam must have certain documents handy before filling the NEET 2021. A list of required documents for NEET 2021 application form is given below.
- Identity (ID) Proof: Types of ID proof required for different candidates
|Categories of Candidates||Types of ID Proof Required|
|Indian Nationals (except from Assam, Meghalaya and Jammu & Kashmir)||Aadhar Card, Ration Card, Driving License, Passport or any other govt. issued Photo ID proof|
|Indian Nationals from Assam, Meghalaya and Jammu & Kashmir||Aadhar Card Number /Aadhar Enrollment Number, Ration Card Number, Bank Account Number, Passport Number or other Government ID card.|
|NRIs/OCI/PIOs/Foreign Nationals||Passport Number|
- Academic details
- Valid email id and phone number
- Scanned images of Signature, Right Hand Index Finger impression and Recent Photograph
- Payment (online/offline mode)
Required Details for Filling the NEET 2021 Application Form
Candidates need to prepare the following details before filling NEET 2021 Application Form.
- Candidate’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Mother and Father’s Name
- Self Declaration Form (To be downloaded from Appendix- III of the Information Bulletin)
- District of Birth
- Father/Mother/Guardian’s Occupation, Education, Total Salary
- Question Paper Language
- Whether you’re the only child of your parents
- Year of passing/appearing for class XII exam
- Marks/Grade in class XII
- Type of institution of class XII
- Whether you belong to rural/urban area
- State to which you belong
- Qualifying exam code (Refer to chapter 3 of the Information Bulletin)
- School Education Board (Refer to Appendix VII)
- Choice of Examination Center
- Scanned copy of passport size photograph of the candidates
- Scanned copy of candidate’s signature
- Scanned copy of left thumb impression
- Valid ID proof
Kindly note it down that Aadhar card is no longer necessary for the registration purpose of NEET 2021 exam. The Foreign candidates can also apply for the NEET 2021 exam by providing the ID proof and the Passport number.
|Category of the candidate||Type of Allowed ID Proof|
|NRIs||Last four digits of Aadhar Number, passport number|
|Foreign Nationals/OCI/PIO||Passport Number|
|Indian Nationals of all states||Last four digits of Aadhar Number, passport number/ number of any photo identity proof, Class XII Roll number, ration card number, ESIC number, bank account number|
How to Fill NEET 2021 Application Form
Candidates need to follow the given steps on how to fill NEET form:
Step 1: Fill the Online Application Form and save the Registration Number.
- Candidate need to visit the official website i.e. nta.neet.nic.in
- Aspirants can proceed to fill the Application form by providing their personal and academic details in the NEET 2021 official website.
Details in the Application form
|Candidate’s name||Includes the details of first name, middle name and last name.|
|Email id||A valid functional email id which can be used for further communication|
|Mobile number||A functional mobile number, so that candidates can receive the notification on the phone regarding the exam. Hence, candidates can download the admit card.|
|Age||Age has to be given in years and months|
|Date of birth||To verify the age Date Of Birth is printed in the format of the date, month and year (DD/MM/YYYY)|
|Father’s name||Name of father as printed in Class Xth Certificate|
|Mother’s name||Name of mother as printed on birth certificate or your Xth certificate|
|Class X marks||Percentage marks obtained in class Xth|
|Reservation details||Upload the certificate issued and registered with government bodies.|
|Address details||Details of street, city, district, pin code etc.|
- Candidate must carefully read the instructions and then ‘Proceed to Apply online NEET (UG) 2021′
- Choose Apply option if you have registered previous year
- Tick on checkbox ‘I Agree’
- Fill the details in the registration form.
- After filling the form there are two buttons: ‘Next’ and ‘Reset’. If your information is correct then click on next otherwise Reset and fill the information again.
- When you complete all the details there are three buttons: ‘Back’, ‘Save as Draft‘, ‘Preview and submit’. If you want to go back to the page then click on the ‘Back’ button. Apart from this, if you want to save the form then click on the ‘Save as Draft’ button. If you want to submit the form then click on the ‘Preview and Submit’ button.
- When you click on ‘Preview and submit’ then fill OTP and click on ‘Final Submit’ button.
Any Questions? Send Us Your Queries!
Any Queries *
You Might Like
- Want to Start Preparation for NEET 2021? Check Smart Study Plan Here
- NEET 2021 Exam Centers List
- Time Table for NEET 2021 Preparation
Step 2: Upload Photo, Signature and Left Hand Index Finger Impression
- Candidate need to upload the scanned images and signature according to the details and size mentioned below:
- Recent Photograph (size10 Kb to 200 Kb)
- Signature (size 4 Kb to 30 Kb)
- Left Hand Index Finger Impression (size 10 Kb to 200 Kb)
- The photograph must be taken with a white background, and the name of the candidate with the date of photo taken must be in-script at the bottom of the Photograph.
- All the images must be in JPG format.
- Click on the ‘Next’ button.
Step 3: Make Payment of Fee
The application fee structure for NEET 2021 is as follows:
|General-EWS/ OBC- NCL||Rs 1400/-|
|SC/ST/PwBD/ Third Gender||Rs. 800/-|
|Foreign Candidates||Rs 7500/-|
NEET 2021 application fee can be remitted only in online mode. The various modes of payment are listed below.
- Credit or Debit Card
- Net Banking or UPI or Wallet
The available payment or banking gateways are Canara Bank, SBI, ICICI, HDFC, and Paytm Payment Gateway.
Step 4: Print Confirmation Page
- On successful submission of the NEET 2021 application form, a confirmation page will be generated. Candidates should save the NEET application form PDF and proof of remittance of fee safely for future reference and record.
Checklist For Completing NEET 2021 Application Form Fill Up process
- The candidates should meet the NEET 2021 eligibility criteria.
- Check twice whether you have put the correct gender (male/female/transgender) in the application form
- Choose the correct category from General/GENERAL-EWS/OBC-NCL/SC/ST.
- The PwD candidates should fill the relevant column in the online application form correctly.
- The aspirants should keep a printable copy of the NEET application form PDF.
NEET 2021 Application Form Correction
NTA is expected to open the NEET 2021 Application Form Correction Window on August 8, 2021. Aspirants can make corrections in any particulars until August 12, 2021.. You should remember that NTA will provide you one time opportunity to rectify errors in your form (if necessary). Better, you provide the accurate and correct information, so that it does not need to be deleted or modified.
Steps to Rectify the NEET 2021 Application Form
In order to facilitate the NEET 2021 application correction process, the aspirants should visit the official website. Next, they need to provide the NEET Application Form login credentials to make the correction.
- Once the aspirants open the NEET official website, they need to log in and provide the NEET 2021 Registration number and password.
- Choose the option “Click here for corrections in NEET 2021 application form”
- Make the edit and then select “Preview and submit” option
- Submit the OTP sent to your registered phone number
- Do not forget to take a print out of the correct application form and keep it with you for further references.
The candidates can modify the below mentioned categories by submitting the supporting documents:
- Identification ID no of the candidates
- Date of birth
- State code of eligibility
- Disability status
- Medium of question paper
You MIght Like
Steps to Resize the Images
The candidates might face trouble during the NEET 2021 application form filling process regarding the unacceptable image size. Hence, they need to follow the resize and compress scanned images of the photograph and the signature by using MS Paint.
- Select “” option for searching MS Paint option
- Click MS Paint once you find the option in your system
- Press ‘Ctrl+O’ and start to browse the scanned images of your signature and photograph
- Next, you have to press ‘Ctrl+W’ for opening a window, namely ‘Resize and Skew”.
- Next you have to change the size from ‘Percentage’ to ‘Pixels’. For better understanding, check the aforementioned figure.
- Choose the specified pixels, which are you looking for.
- Once you done in choosing the specified pixels, you have to go to ‘File tab’ and then select ‘Save As’ option
- Last, you need to select either JPG or JPEG format and then save the image to your desired location in your system.
How to Retrieve Your NEET Application Form Login ID and Password
At times, we forget to save our Application IDs and passwords. This leads to a lot of anxiety in the candidates. However, instead of panicking, the candidates should follow the below mentioned steps for retrieving the password (if you forget).
- Go to the official website of NEET 2021 exam
- Select the ‘forgot password’ option.
- Now, you are able to redirect to the password generation page
- Reset your password. You will either get an OTP to your registered phone number or will need to answer the security questions.
- Fill in the information and provide your new password.
Important Things to Keep in Mind
- Candidates must read the NEET 2021 information brochure carefully before filling application form and ensure that they fulfill NEET 2021 eligibility criteria.
- NEET 2021 Application form will only be available in online mode.
- Candidates must preserve the important documents listed below before filling NEET 2021 Application form.
- Aspirants are advised to fill the Application form of NEET in advance to avoid last minute hassles.
- Generation of confirmation pages is necessary for successful submission of NEET application form 2021.
- NTA has released the NEET 2021 exam dates at their official site and just 2 months are left for the exam. So aspirants must buckle up and work on their revision tactics.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques: Can I purchase NEET 2021 application form through bank or post office?
Ans) No, NEET 2021 application forms will be available only through online mode.
Ques: What documents are to be preserved after completion of NEET application form 2021?
- At least three printouts of the Confirmation Page of online Application.
- Proof of fee paid (i.e. Bank transaction details supported by confirmation page).
- At least 5 copies of identical passport size Photographs that were scanned and uploaded on the Online Application.
- Copy of the system generated Self Declaration in respect of candidates from State of J&K who have opted for seats under 15% All India Quota .
- The State of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana have decided to join the 15% All India Quota scheme. Hence, candidates of these states need not to furnish Self Declaration as required earlier
Ques: How can I retrieve forgotten NEET account password?
Ans) Passwords can be retrieved easily through OTP. One Time Password will be sent to the candidate’s registered mobile number. This can be used to retrieve the password.
Ques: Is NEET 2021 application form released?
Ans) Yes, NEET application forms have been released.
Ques: What is the mode of payment of NEET Application form?
Ans) Candidates can choose:
- Through any Debit/Credit Card using on-line gateway payment facility
- Net Banking/UPI
- e-wallet of various service providers
Ques: Can we correct the Application form?
Ans) Yes, through the Correction window you can correct the application form.
Ques: Is Aadhaar Card mandatory while filling Application Form?
Ans) Previously it was mandatory to have an Aadhaar card except Assam, Meghalaya and Jammu & Kashmir Candidates but now it is not mandatory to have an Aadhar Card.
Q. Will the admit card be issued to me if I have not paid the application fee after completing the registration process?
A. No, NEET 2021 admit card will not be issued to you if you haven’t paid the application fee after completing the registration process.