The exam date for NEET 2020 has been announced. NEET 2020 is scheduled to be held on 13th September 2020. Exam has been postponed due to COVID-19 outbreak in the country.
Candidates who wish to get admission in MBBS/BDS courses in any government, private or deemed medical institutions of India are required to register for NEET exam by filling the NEET 2020 Application form.
Through this article you will know fill the application form accurately. Only candidates fulfilling the NEET Eligibility Criteria will be issued the admit card.
Once JIPMER, AIIMS MBBS exam is replaced by NEET, total number of seats in Medical admission (MBBS) and Dental Admission (BDS) has been increased to 75000 and 25000 respectively.
|Exam||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
Important Dates of NEET Application Form 2020
|Availability of Application form of NEET 2020||December 2, 2019|
|NEET 2020 Application form submission closes||January 6, 2020 (Extended)|
|One time application correction window||Until 20th July, 2020|
|Availability of NEET 2020 admit card||Postponed|
|NEET 2020 Offline entrance exam||Postponed|
NEET 2020 Registration Process
Candidates who are willing to apply for the exam must have a list of documents handy before filling the NEET 2020:
- Identity (ID) Proof: Types of ID proof required for different candidates
|Categories of Candidates||Types of ID Proof Required|
|Indian Nationals (except from Assam, Meghalaya and Jammu & Kashmir)||Aadhar Card, Ration Card, Driving License, Passport or any other govt. issued Photo ID proof|
|Indian Nationals from Assam, Meghalaya and Jammu & Kashmir||Aadhar Card Number /Aadhar Enrollment Number, Ration Card Number, Bank Account Number, Passport Number or other Government ID card.|
|NRIs/OCI/PIOs/Foreign Nationals||Passport Number|
- Academic details
- Valid email id and phone number
- Scanned images of Signature, Right Hand Index Finger impression and Recent Photograph
- Payment (online/offline mode)
Required Details for filling the Application form
Candidates need to prepare following details before filling NEET Application Form.
- Candidate’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Mother and Father’s Name
- Self Declaration Form (To be downloaded from Appendix- III of the Information Bulletin)
- District of Birth
- Father/Mother/Guardian’s Occupation, Education, Total Salary
- Question Paper Language
- Whether you’re the only child of your parents
- Year of passing/appearing for class XII exam
- Marks/Grade in class XII
- Type of institution of class XII
- Whether you belong to rural/urban area
- State to which you belong
- Qualifying exam code (Refer to chapter 3 of the Information Bulletin)
- School Education Board (Refer to Appendix VII)
- Choice of Examination Center
- Scanned copy of passport size photograph of the candidates
- Scanned copy of candidate’s signature
- Scanned copy of left thumb impression
- Valid ID proof
Kindly note it down that Aadhar card is no longer necessary for the registration purpose of NEET 2020 exam. The Foreign candidates can also apply the NEET 2020 exam by providing tyhe ID proof and the Passport number.
|Category of the candidate||Type of Allowed ID Proof|
|NRIs||Last four digits of Aadhar Number, passport number|
|Foreign Nationals/OCI/PIO||Passport Number|
|Indian Nationals of all states||Last four digits of Aadhar Number, passport number/ number of any photo identity proof, Class XII Roll number, ration card number, ESIC number, bank account number|
How to Fill Application Form
Candidates need to follow the given steps to fill the application form.
Step 1: Fill the Online Application Form and save the Registration Number.
- Candidate need to visit the official website @ntaneet.nic.in
- Aspirants can proceed to fill the Application form by providing their personal and academic details in the NEET 2020 official website.
Details in the Application form
|Candidate’s name||Includes the details of first name, middle name and last name.|
|Email id||A valid functional email id which can be used for further communication|
|Mobile number||A functional mobile number, so that candidates can receive the notification on the phone regarding the exam. Hence, candidates can download the admit card.|
|Age||Age has to be given in years and months|
|Date of birth||To verify the age Date Of Birth is printed in the format of the date, month and year (DD/MM/YYYY)|
|Father’s name||Name of father as printed in Class Xth Certificate|
|Mother’s name||Name of mother as printed on birth certificate or your Xth certificate|
|Class X marks||Percentage marks obtained in class Xth|
|Reservation details||Upload the certificate issued and registered with government bodies.|
|Address details||Details of street, city, district, pin code etc.|
- Candidate must carefully read the instructions and then ‘Proceed to Apply online NEET (UG),2020′
- Choose Apply option if you have registered previous year
- Tick on checkbox ‘I Agree’
- Fill the details in registration form.
- After filling the form there is two buttons ‘Next’ and ‘Reset’. If your information is correct then click on next otherwise Reset and fill the information again.
- When you complete all the details there is three button ‘Back’,‘Save as Draft‘,‘Preview and submit’. If you want to go back the page then click on ‘Back’ button. Apart from this, if you want to save the form then click on ‘Save as Draft’ button. If you want to submit the form then click on ‘Preview and Submit’ button.
- When you click on ‘Preview and submit’ then fill OTP and click on ‘Final Submit’ button
Step 2: Upload Photo, Signature and Right Hand Index Finger Impression
- Candidate need to upload the scanned images and signature according to the details and size mentioned below:
- Recent Photograph (size10 Kb to 100 Kb)
- Signature (size 3 Kb to 20 Kb)
- Right Hand Index Finger Impression (size 3 Kb to 20 Kb)
- The photograph must be taken with a white background, and the name of the candidate with date of photo taken must be in-scripted at the bottom of the Photograph.
- All the images must be in JPG format
- Click on ‘Next’ button.
Step 3: Make Payment of Fee
The application fee structure for NEET 2020 is as follows:
NEET 2020 application fee can be remitted in both offline and online mode. Candidates can choose from the following mode of payment of NEET application fee 2020:
- Credit or Debit Card
- Net Banking or UPI
- E-wallet of Common Service Centers or Facilitation Center (detailed in the FAQ below)
Step 4: Print Confirmation Page
- On successful submission of the application form, a confirmation page will be generated. Candidates should preserve the confirmation page and proof of remittance of fee safely for future reference and record.
Check List For Completing NEET 2020 Application Form Fill Up process
- The candidates should meet the eligibility criteria of NEET 2020
- Check twice whether you have put the correct gender (male/female/transgender) in the application form
- Choose the correct category from General/GENERAL-EWS/OBC-NCL/SC/ST.
- The PwD candidates should fill the relevant column in the online application form correctly.
- The aspirants should keep a print out copy of the application form.
Application Form Correction of NEET 2020
NTA has announced to extend the correction date of application till 20th July, 2020. The decision was taken due to the outbreak of Covid 19 and nationwide lockdown. For further information, the aspirants should visit the official website of the exam.
You should remember that NTA will provide you one time opportunity to rectify error in your form (if necessary). Better, you need to provide the accurate and correct information, so that it does not need to delete or modify.
Steps to Rectify the NEET 2020 Application Form
In order to facilitate the NEET 2020 application correction process, the aspirants should visit the official website. Next, they need to provide the login credentials to make the correction.
- Once the aspirants open the official website, they need to log in and provide the Registration number and password.
- Choose the option “Click here for corrections in NEET application form”
- Make the edit and then select “Preview and submmit” option
- Submit the OTP sent to your registered phone number
- Do not forget to take a print out of the correct application form and keep it with you for further references.
The candidates can midify the below mentioned categories by submitting the supporting documents:
- Identification ID no of the candidates
- Date of birth
- State code of eligibility
- Disability status
- Medium of question paper
However, the conducting body of NEET has changed from CBSE to NTA, the Exam Pattern of NEET 2020 is still the same.
Steps to Resize the Images by Using MS Paint for Filling NEET 2020 Application Form
The candidates might face trouble during the application form fill up process regarding the unacceptable image size. Hence, they need to follow the resize and compressed scanned images of the photograph and the signature by using MS Paint.
- Select “” option for searching MS Paint option
- Click MS Paint once you find the option in your system
- Press ‘Ctrl+O’ and start to browse the scanned images of your signature and photograph
- Next, you have to press ‘Ctrl+W’ for opening a window, namely ‘Resize and Skew”.
- Next you have to change the size from ‘Percentage’ to ‘Pixels’. For better understanding, check the aforementioned figure.
- Choose the specified pixels, which are you looking for.
- Once you done in choosing the specified pixels, you have to go to ‘File tab’ and then select ‘Save As’ option
- Last, you need to select either JPG or JPEG format and then save the image to your desired location in your system.
Steps to Retrieve Your NEET 2020 Login ID and Password
Instead doing panic, the candidates should follow the below mentioned steps for retrieving the password (if you forget). It is necessary to submit to log in.
- Go to the official website of NEET 2020 exam
- Select the ‘forgot password’ option.
- Now, you are able to redirect to the password generation page
- Reset your password. You will either get an OTP to your registered phone number or will need to answer the security questions.
- Fill the information and provide your new password.
- Candidates must read the NEET 2020 prospectus carefully before filling application form and ensure that they fulfill NEET eligibility criteria
- Application form will only available in online mode
- Candidates must preserve the important documents listed below before filling NEET 2020 Application form
- Aspirants are advised to fill the Application form of NEET in advance to avoid last minute hassles
- Generation of confirmation page is necessary for successful submission of NEET application form 2020
- NTA has released the NEET 2020 exam dates at their official site
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans) No, NEET 2020 application forms will be available only through online mode.
- At least three printouts of the Confirmation Page of online Application.
- Proof of fee paid (i.e. Bank transaction details supported by confirmation page).
- At least 5 copies of identical passport size Photograph that was scanned and uploaded on the Online Application.
- Copy of the system generated Self Declaration in respect of candidates from State of J&K who have opted for seats under 15% All India Quota .
- The State of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana have decided to join 15% All India Quota scheme. Hence, candidates of these states need not to furnish Self Declaration as required earlier
Ans) Password can be retrieved easily through OTP. One Time Password will be sent to candidate’s registered mobile number. This can be used to retrieve the password.
Ans) Candidates can choose:
- Through any Debit/Credit Card using on-line gateway payment facility
- Net Banking/UPI
- e-wallet of various service providers
Ans) Yes, through the Correction window you can correct the application form which is started from 17 January 2020 to 31 January 2020.
Ans) Previously it is mandatory to have a Aadhaar card except Assam, Meghalaya and Jammu & Kashmir Candidates but now it is not mandatory to have Aadhar Card.