The NEET 2021 Application form is out on 13 July, 2021. The official website has also been released by NTA. The candidates who have qualified 10+2 and fulfil the other NEET 2021 Eligibility Criteria will be able to apply for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test 2021.
- NEET 2021 exam is to be conducted on 12 September, 2021 which was previously scheduled on 01 August, 2021. Check Exam Dates
- The exam is offline (Pen & paper) mode only.
- As opposed to the rumours, the exam will only be held once a year so the candidates must prepare thoroughly.
- The NEET 2021 exam pattern is slightly different from previous year i.e. a total of 200 questions and only 180 questions are to be attempted carrying 720 marks.
For easy, fast submission of data, the Registration process is divided into two sets/phases:
- First set of information needs to be filled before last submission of Application Form.
- Second set of information needs to be filled before the downloading of Score card/declaration of result.
Candidates who wish to seek admission in MBBS, BDS, BUMS, BAMS, BSMS, BHMS in any college in India must follow the NTA NEET 2021 registration process.
NEET 2021 Application Form: Points to Remember
- Candidates need to select the medium of question paper carefully, it cannot be changed in the correction period.
- Seats will be allotted to candidates randomly.
- OBC candidates need to select unreserved category.
- For submitting the NEET 2021 application fee via online mode, candidates need to keep credit card/debit card handy.
- Students need to keep the confirmation page safe for future reference.
- No late registrations are accepted.
- The aspirants need to submit only single form.
NEET 2021 Application Form: Highlights
|Conducting Authority||National Testing Agency|
|Mode of Registration||Online|
|Application fee||-General: 1500 INR -Gen-EWS/OBC: 1400 INR -SC/ST/PH/Persons with disability: 800 INR|
|Mode of payment||Both online and offline|
|Passing marks of NEET 2021||120 to 180 (average) out of 720 (For general candidates)|
You Might Like
NEET 2021 Application Form Dates
Candidates can find the important NEET 2021 Application Form Dates from below given table:
|Event||NEET form 2021 Date|
|NEET Application Form 2021 Release Date (Out)||13 July, 2021|
|Last date for NEET Application 2021 form submission||6 August, 2021|
|Last date for fee payment||7 August, 2021 (Upto 11:50 pm)|
|Application Correction Release Date||8 August, 2021|
|Last date of Application Correction||12 August, 2021 (Upto 11:50 pm)|
|Release of admit card||8 September, 2021 (3 days before the exam)|
|NEET 2021 Exam Date by NTA||12 September, 2021|
|Declaration of Result||To be announced|
NEET 2021 Application Process
The NEET 2021 application process comprises of the following steps:
- Completing the NEET 2021 Registration Process.
- Finalizing the NEET 2021 Application form.
- Uploading a scanned image as per NEET Photo size format, scanned signature, thumb impression and other required documents.
- Fee payment and checking Status of receipt of online NTA NEET 2021 Application Form with Fee.
Details To Enter in NEET 2021 Application Form
- Name as per Aadhar card
- Date of birth as per Aadhar card
- Gender as per Aadhar card
- Mother’s name as per high school certificate
- Father’s name as per high school certificate
- Aadhar number / aadhar enrollment no. / registration no. Issued by facilitation center / passport no. / ration card no./bank account no. / any other valid govt. Id. No.
- District of birth
- Occupation of father’s / guardian’s / mother’s
- Educational qualifications of father’s / guardian’s / mother’s
- The annual income of father’s / guardian’s / mother ’s
- Question paper language
- Are you the only child of your parents
- Year of class 12th / equivalent passed / appearing
- Percentage of marks / grade in class 10th / equivalent and 12th
- Type of Institution of class 12th
- Belonging to rural / urban area
- State to which the applicant belongs
- Qualifying examination code
- School education board
- Choice of examination center
NEET 2021 Eligibility Criteria for Filling Application Form
There are different criteria for different groups of students. Only those candidates who fulfil this criteria can apply for NEET 2021. The NEET 2021 eligibility criteria by NTA is as follow:
- Both Citizens of India and OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) are eligible to appear for NEET 2021 examination. Apart from these, the NRIs, PIO, and Foreign Nationals can also apply for the exam.
- Applicants must be over the age of 17 years and less than 25 years (30 for reserved categories) at the time of admission.
- Candidates must clear 12th standard (10+2) examination from a recognized board.
- Students must have Biology, Chemistry, Physics and English as compulsory subjects in their Higher Secondary Board Examination.
- General candidates must have at least 50% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Minimum marks for reserved students are 42% aggregate in the same three subjects.
- Physically handicapped students should have a score of at least 45%.
- Students of Jammu & Kashmir, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana are eligible for All India 15% quota only.
- Aadhar Card is not compulsory for NEET 2021.
- The aspirants can apply for the NEET entrance test as many times as they want. There is no limitation on permissible attempts.
- Indian Nationals along with NRIs, OCIs and PIOs can also apply for state quota.
Documents Required for Filling NEET 2021 Application Form
- Mark sheet of class 10th and 12th
- Scanned copy of passport and postcard-sized photo of the candidates
- The signature of the candidates (Scanned copy)
- Scanned copy of left thumb impression of the students
- Valid ID proof
|Category of the candidates||Type of Permissible ID proof|
|Indian nationals from all states of India||Roll number of class XII, EPIC (Election card), last 4 digits of Aadhar card, photograph and original copy of bank account passbook, passport number, any identity card issued by the government, ration card no.|
|NRIs||Last 4 digits of Aadhar card, passport number|
|Foreign nationals/PIO/OCI||Passport number|
Note: To register for the NEET exam, the aspirants do not necessarily need to use an Aadhar card but other aforesaid documents are required for NTA NEET 2021 Application Form. The foreign aspirants will be required to show their passport number as ID Proof.
Documents Required for Foreign Candidates/NRI?
- Birth Certificate
- Minimum 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biotechnology/Biology in class XII. Their eligibility will be examined by the Association of Indian Universities as an MCI regulated and concerned University.
- ID proof
- Citizenship proof of the respective country
- Passport number
- Other testimonials
- International Baccalaureate (IB) in India can also apply for the NEET 2021 Exam
How to fill NEET 2021 Application Form?
Students can apply for NEET 2021 in online mode only because the NTA NEET 2021 application form is not available offline. The detailed step by step procedure applying for NEET 2021 is given below:
Step 1 – Registration via NEET Application Form Login Page
- Go to the official NEET 2021 registration website, nta.neet.nic.in.
- If you are a new user, click on ‘New Registration‘ on NEET Application Form Login Page and fill in the required details.
- If you are an existing user, click on ‘Candidate Login‘. Now, enter your Application Number and Password to proceed.
- Type the captcha and then click ‘Preview and Next’.
- In the next step, read and check the provided information and if the data is valid, click the ‘Next’ button.
- Select the ‘OTP Verification’ option. Once you click, you will receive an OTP in your registered contact number.
- Next, choose the ‘Submit’ option.
Step 2 – Filling NTA NEET 2021 Application Form
- Login using ID and Password generated in the registration process.
- Click on the ‘Fill Application Form’ button in the lower part of the homepage.
- Read the NEET 2021 application instructions carefully and agree to the terms at the end of the page.
- Click on ‘Proceed to Apply Online NEET (UG)-2021’.
- Fill in the details as asked including your name, Father’s Name, Mother’s name, category, Gender, Nationality, Proof of identification, etc.
- Enter your academic qualification details, senior secondary details.
- Submit the updated contact information for future notifications.
Step 3 – Uploading the Documents
In third step, you have to upload the necessary documents required for filling NEET 2021 Application Form:
- Upload your recent passport size photograph, signature and thumb impression.
- The size of your photograph should be 10 Kb to 100 Kb, while the size of the scanned signature should be 3 Kb to 20 Kb. The format of your scanned photograph and signature should be in JPG/JPEG.
- Size of the left-hand thumb impression should be 10 Kb to 50 Kb. The format of the file should be JPG/JPEG.
- Scanned images should be the suggested format as per NEET 2021 Information Brochure.
- Click on ‘Save and Continue’ to save your NTA NEET 2021 Application form and move to the next step.
- Candidates can edit their application form for NEET 2021 till the fee is not paid. Once the fee is paid, no immediate correction is allowed in the NEET 2021 Application form.
NEET Document Specification
||10Kb to 200Kb||JPG/JPEG|
|Postcard size picture||
||50Kb to 300Kb||JPG|
||4Kb to 30Kb||JPG/JPEG|
|Left-hand thumb impression||
||10kb to 50kb||JPG|
|Class 10 passing certificate||
||100 KB to 300 KB||JPG|
Step 4 – NEET 2021 Application Form Fee
- When all the uploading is complete, click on ‘Payment’.
- You need to choose the mode of payment that is offline or online.
- Bank and other charges may apply.
|SC/ST/PH/Persons with disability||800|
Aspirants can complete the payment process by using debit card/ credit card/ Net banking/ UPI or online wallets.
Offline Fee Payment using E-Challan
- If you choose the offline mode, you are redirected to a new page.
- Choose one of the banks given in the list, where you want to pay the fee.
- Banks available are- HDFC Bank, State Bank of India, ICICI and Syndicate Bank.
- After selecting the bank, generate the E-Challan of the declared bank.
- Take a print out of the challan.
- Fill necessary details on the challan generated and approach the bank.
- Fee can be paid in any branch of the bank.
- After paying the fees at the bank, you get a receipt or Student’s Copy.
- Keep the copy safe for future purposes.
Online Fee Payment using NEET Application Form Login Page
- If you choose online mode, you will be redirected to a page with new options.
- Choose the payment option as per your suitability.
- NEET 2021 application fee can be paid using Debit card, Credit Card or through online Net Banking.
- Extra charges may apply at application correction time.
- Once the NEET 2021 application fee is successfully paid, a fee receipt is generated.
- Download the receipt and take a print out.
- Save the print out of NEET 2021 Application Form PDF for future reference.
Read More About
How to Resize Images Using Paint for NEET 2021 Application Form?
If the aspirants face any challenge due to the unacceptable size of the image, then they need to follow the steps for uploading the resized and compressed photographs and signature. In this regard they should use MS Paint.
- First, open the window key.
- Now, search and open the paint option by clicking the ‘MS Paint’ option.
- Click ‘Ctrl+O’ for browsing the scanned copy of the signature and Photograph.
- Next, click ‘Ctrl+W’ to open the ‘Resize and Skew’ Window.
- Switch to Pixels from Percentage.
- Next, Provide the specified pixels mentioned in the signature/photograph.
- Now, open File Tab and select the ‘Save As’ option.
- Select the JPEG/JPG format for saving the image to the desired location of your system.
How to Remove Discrepancy from the Uploaded Scanned Photographs
If you find a discrepancy in uploading images ,you can remove it. NTA gives the flexibility to the aspirants to remove it. You will get an email and sms from NTA to reupload the images. Read the following instructions mentioned on NTA NEET 2021 application form to understand the brief summary related to the image upload:
- Accepted format: png/jpeg/jpg
- Photograph size: 20 Kb to 200 Kb
- Background of the passport size photo should be white
- You need to upload the image within the mentioned timeline.
- Since NTA will not give you a second chance, you should fill the data correctly.
You Might Like
NEET 2021 Application Form Correction
NEET 2021 Application Form Correction Window is expected to be released after the NEET 2021 registration last date. There are various cases where eligible aspirants who register themselves for the NEET 2021 exam unintentionally enter some wrong information in the NEET 2021 application form. In these cases, they can edit their details in the correction window of NEET UG 2021 and submit the NEET 2021 Application Form correction fee within the due dates.
- Candidates can log in at nta.neet.nic.in and make corrections in the given time period.
- Correction window is the last opportunity to make changes in NEET 2021 Application Form
- If there is a problem with a candidate’s photo or details, they are sent an Email about the discrepancy. Candidates are advised to check their Email regularly.
Steps for Application Form Correction
Here is a step-wise guide for NEET 2021 application form correction to assist aspirants to know the procedure to edit/delete information in the application form.
- At first, the aspirants should visit the official website of NTA for correcting the application form (If applicable).
- Now, you have to enter the registration number and password.
- In the next step, the aspirants need to click the NEET 2021 application form correction link to modify it.
- Now the candidates are required to modify the required section in the application form.
- Before you submit the application form, you are advised to read the form after correction. To cross check the application, the candidates are required to click the ‘preview’ section.
- Unless you cross check your file, you cannot get a second option to modify it. Hence, you should check it properly.
- If you make any change in the application form, then you can see the corrections in the ‘red’ colour.
- Once you complete the verification, you will receive a one time password (OTP). The candidates will get the OTP to their registered mobile number.
- Now you have to click the ‘Final Submission’ option.
- At last, you should take a print out of the self generated correction slip for future reference.
- Also, take a print out of NEET Application Form 2021 PDF for future use.
What Corrections Can Be Made in the NEET 2021 Application Form?
Students can edit below-highlighted particulars in the application form.
- State Code of Eligibility
- Date of Birth
- ID no of the aspirants
- Disability Status
- Medium of the exam
|Fields||Correction Allowed For||Correction Not Allowed For|
|Identification Identity||Who have applied for NEET with IDs other than Aadhaar card||Who used Aadhar Card for NEET Application Form|
|Date of Birth||The aspirants who used IDs other than Aadhar Card||Students, who used Aadhaar Card for NEET Application Form|
|Gender||Who used IDs other than Aadhar Card||Who used Aadhaar Card for NEET Application Form|
|Examination Center||Tripura candidates, on the basis of language selection||None except the ones who belong to Tripura|
|State Code of Eligibility||Everyone can edit these fields|
|Percentage of Marks obtained in Qualifying Examination|
|Name of Parents|
Forgot NEET 2021 Login Password?
If in case you forget your login password, then you need to follow the below-given steps for retrieving password. Visit the official website at nta.neet.nic.in.
- Click on ‘Candidate login’ and choose ‘Forget Password‘.
- Enter your Application Number, Name, Date of birth.
- Enter the secured pin as given on the page.
- Click on ‘submit‘.
- Next, click on ‘Reset‘ to set the new password.
- A new password generated window will appear in front of you.
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number or Email ID.
- Next, you need to create a new password after entering the OTP.
- Finally, you can login into your dashboard
Is an Aadhaar Card Required for NEET 2021 Application Form?
Those who want to apply for NEET 2021, need to know that an Aadhaar Card is no longer mandatory. Aadhaar guidelines are given below:
- Candidates need to submit an identity proof. Their Aadhar number serves as one of the identity proofs.
- Any identification proof can be submitted while filling the NEET 2021 NTA Application form.
- Candidates can apply with Passport Number, Ration Card, Driving License, Voter ID or any other photo ID proof issued by the Government of India.
Candidates need to fill personal details, academic details and contact information.
|Details asked||How to fill|
|Name||Enter your full name|
|Father’s name||Enter your Father’s full name|
|Mother’s Name||Enter your mother’s full name|
|Gender||Choose your gender|
|Date of Birth||Fill your birth date|
|Email ID||Enter a valid Email ID|
|Phone Number||Enter your contact number|
|Nationality||Indian or other|
|Aadhar Number or UID||Enter your 12 digit Unique Identification Number|
|State of Eligibility||State from which you have passed 12th standard|
|Name of Institution||Name of the school from which you passed Class XII|
|Name of the Board||Name of your Board in Class 12|
|Year of Passing||Year in which you studied Class XII|
|Uploading documents||Upload your photo, signature and finger impression in JPG format|
How to Choose NEET Exam Centers?
NTA gives an opportunity to the aspirants to choose the NEET exam centers from a wide range of areas. Now, the candidates can also apply for AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy) through NEET 2021 exam.
- While filling up the application form for NEET 2021, the aspirants are required to select three preferable NEET exam centers.
- After logging in to the account, you can submit the preferences of exam centres.
- You will not get the opportunity of editing your preferences, once you submit the application form.
- Choose the exam centers wisely. More specifically, select the exam centers based on your comfort and convenience.
- Allocation of the exam center to the aspirants is relied upon on the first come first serve.
NEET 2021 Applicants Statistics Across Years
As per the statistics of 2020, approximately 15 Lakhs students enrolled their names for the NEET 2021 registration process. However, the competition level among the students compared to the previous year has increased. For instance, read the following table in order to understand the rising competition level among the NEET students over the past years.
NEET 2020, 2019 and 2018 Application Statistics
|Students applied for the exam||15,97,435||15,93,452||13,26,725|
|Aspirants appeared in the exam||13,66,945||14,10,755||12,69,922|
|Registered Male candidates||7,16,586||6,80,414||5,80,649|
|Registered Female candidates||8,80,843||8,38,966||7,46,075|
|Transgender candidates registered for the exam||6||6||1|
|Appeared transgender candidates in the exam||4||5||1|
Changes in NEET 2021 Application Form
To bring 100% transparency in the entrance test, NTA has brought a few major changes. In a nutshell, the candidates should submit the class X certificates, thumb impression of the left hand and the roll number when they will be appearing for class XII board exam. Besides, the aspirants are required to upload the scanned copy of a photograph, both in postcard size and in passport size.
- One exam for all Medical candidates: The entrance test of AIIMS and JIPMER has been merged for the medical entrance test.
- UT applicants are required to submit the self-declaration form: The newly formed Union Territories such as the candidates from Kashmir and Ladakh will be eligible for 15% reserved All India Quota scheme. Therefore, the candidates of such places should submit the self-declaration seat allocation form under AIQ.
- Hike of application fee: NEET 2021 application fees for the general candidates has been increased to INR 1500, which was INR 1400 in the last year. Apart from this, the aspirants can also upload their live photographs during the form fill up process (if they want).
- Flexibility in the Edit Window: Most of the Class XII medical students will receive their admit cards for the board exam after completing the registration process for NEET 2021. Hence, the edit window will be re-opened by NTA for those aspirants to punch the roll numbers.
- Increase the number of exam centers: Since the year 2020, NEET 2021 exam will be conducted across 155 cities including the latest entry from Ladakh.
- No bar in upper age limitation: The age group for applying for NEET 2021 exam is 17 years to 25 years. However, from this year, the reserved students will get the relaxation of a flat 5 years in the upper age limit.
What After Completing the NEET 2021 Application Process?
Once the application form process completes, NTA will release the admit card for NEET 2021. Aspirants will not be allowed to enter the examination hall without presenting the admit card. To download the NEET 2021 admit card, the candidates should go to the official website of NTA and enter the information like DOB and Registration No.
Steps to Download the NEET 2021 Admit Card
- First, you should click “NEET 2021 Admit Card’ from the official website.
- Now, you have to submit the application number, security pin and date of birth for logging into the account.
- Next, you should click the submit option
- You are now able to download the admit card of NEET 2021 exam
- For future reference, you should keep a print out of the NEET 2021 admit card with you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans: NEET 2021 will be conducted on August 1, 2021.
Ans: Yes, you are eligible. The age should be 17 years at the time of admission on or before 31 December 2021.
Ans: No, basic details filled at the time of registration cannot be corrected.
Ans: NEET 2021 application form can be filled online only. You can go to the nearest Facilitation centre for help in applying for NEET.
Ans: You need to check the official website. The form correction window will tentatively open in July 2021.
Ans: No, The Application fee will not be refunded in any case.
Ans: Yes you can edit it during the form correction window.
Ans: Yes, they can apply for the NEET Exam with the help of passport details.
Ans: Yes it is necessary to upload scanned photographs with name and date of taking.
Ans: There is an option available i.e. Forget Application Number or I can’t access my account, click on that link and retrieve your password.
Ans: No it is required only for candidates belonging to J&K, AP & Telangana. Candidates who belong from these states and interested for 15% All India Quota Counseling must have the self declaration documents.
Ans: You can get admission in these colleges with the help of All India Quota Counseling process.
Ans: There is no option available in the application form for uploading category certificates.
Ans: No, AIIMS conducts its own entrance exam for admission.
Ans: Candidates have to pass 10+2 or equivalent examinations with at least 50% marks in aggregate. Candidates must also have Chemistry, Physics, Biology/Biotechnology with English as a compulsory subject. For reserved category the minimum marks should be 40% with the same subjects.
Ans: For general category the minimum age should be 17 years and the maximum age is 25 years as on or before December 31 of the year of admission.There is a relaxation of 5 years for the SC/ST/OBC candidates.
Ans: Yes, there is no cap limit for NEET attempts.
Ans: No, NIOS candidates are not eligible for the NEET exam.
Ans: The application fee for NEET 2021 is INR 1500 for General, INR 1400 for General-EWS/OBC category and INR 800 for SC/ST/PH category.
Ans: The application fee payment can be made through online mode only. There are three options to pay the application fee:
- Debit/credit card
- Net banking/UPI
- E-wallet of various service providers.
Ans: Scanned photograph and Scanned signature, Left Thumb Impression.
Ans: No, there is no need to send the confirmation page to the CBSE.