Latest Update: NTA has reopened the correction window till 31 May 2020, up to 5.00 PM. Candidates can change the exam centre’s preference. The exam is scheduled for NEET 2020 is on 26 July 2020 by the Education Minister of India, Mr. Ramesh Pokhriyal.
National Testing Agency (NTA) released the NEET 2020 Application Form for the 2020 session. The NEET 2020 application form last date was January 6, 2020 (extended). The eligibility to apply in National Eligibility Entrance Test is also revised similarly.
NEET Application form reopened from February 3, 2020 to February 9, 2020. Candidates can now complete their registration process including:
- Finalizing the NEET Application form.
- Uploading a scanned image.
- Fee payment and Status of receipt of Online NEET Application Form with Fee. Check official notification
From 2020, NEET will be the only entrance test for MBBS and BDS course work. By cracking the exam, the students can take admission into AIIMS and JIPMER. There are 75000 and 25000 seats in MBBS and BDS coursework respectively.
All central and state government medical colleges conduct the admission based on the NEET score. Candidates who want to appear for NEET Exam have to fill the NEET application form. In this regard, at first they need to check the eligibility criteria and NEET Syllabus. NEET application form 2020 is available online at the official website.
NEET 2020 Application Form: Highlights
|Conducting Authority||National Testing Agency|
|Mode of Registration||Online|
|Mode of payment||Both online and offline|
|Passing marks of NEET 2020||120 to 180 (average) out of 720 (For general candidates)|
NEET 2020 Application Dates
NEET Application Form is available from December 2 – January 6, 2020. Candidates can get NEET 2020 Application Form date from below given table:
|Notification Release||August 16|
|NEET Application Form Availability||December 2, 2019|
|Last date for NEET Application form submission||January 6, 2020|
|Application Correction||May 31, 2020 (Extended)|
|Release of admit card||10 Days before to the exam|
|Date of the examination||26th July 2020|
|Declaration of Result||To be announced|
Check NEET 2020 Exam Dates
Changes in NEET 2020 Application Form
To bring 100% transparency in the entrance test, NTA has brought a few major changes. In a nutshell, the candidates should submit the class X certificates, thumb impression of the left hand and the roll number when they will be appearing for class XII board exam.
Besides, the aspirants are required to upload the scanned copy of a photograph, both in postcard size and in passport size.
- One exam for all Medical candidates: There will be only one entrance test that is NEET UG performance in order to analyse the performance of the aspirants. Hence, the entrance test of AIIMS and JIPMER have been merged for the medical entrance test.
- UT applicants require to submit the self-declaration form: The newly formed Union Territories such as the candidates from Kashmir and Ladakh will be eligible for 15% reserved All India Quota scheme. In this regard, the candidates of such places should submit the self-declaration seat allocation form under AIQ.
- Hike of application fee: NEET 2020 application form fees for the general candidates has been increased to INR 1500, which was INR 1400 in the last year. Apart from this, the aspirants can also upload their live photograph during the form fill up process (if they want).
- Flexibility in the Edit Window: Most of the Class XII medical students will receive their admit cards of board exam after completing the registration process for NEET. Hence, the edit window will be re-opened by NTA for those aspirants to punch the roll numbers.
- Increase the number of exam centers: Since the year 2020, NEET exam will be conducted across 155 cities including the latest entry from Ladakh.
- No bar in upper age limitation: The age group for applying the NEET exam is 17 years to 25 years. However, from this year, the reserved students will get the relaxation of flat 5 years in upper age limit.
NEET 2020 Registration: Features
- During the form fill up process,the aspirants should provide some essentials and these are email id and mobile number. NTA will send you the required updates to this contact number.
- Before the registration process, the aspirants should keep the photograph handy.
- The students need to submit the mark sheet of class 12 and 10 along with the certificates.
- You should read the instructions bulletin. You will get all the necessary details related to NEET 2020 exam.
- The aspirants need to download the sample application form to avoid making errors. After that, they have to go through it once before filling the NEET 2020 application form.
- Do not add any prefixes like Mr/Mrs/Col/Smt/Shri/Fr/Dr with your names.
NEET Application Process
NEET Application form filling process has four steps- Registration, Entering Information, Uploading photos and payment of fees. Four simple steps for NEET Application Process:
- Apply Online
- Upload your scanned Images
- View Candidate Photo
- Make Payment
- Print Confirmation page
NEET 2020 Registration Process
Online NEET 2020 Registration process started from December 2, 2019. It would be continued till January 6, 2020 (extended). You must read the instructions carefully while you are applying for NEET.
Aadhar Card is a mandatory document for all Indian Citizens to register. Submit the scanned photographs, signature, and thumb impression for the registration process. In case of any correction, a candidate can make use of NEET Application form correction facility until 3 May 2020.
Update: NEET has replaced AIPMT and other exams. There are no institute-wise entrance exams, all medical institutions take scholars on the basis of performance in NEET.
Eligibility to Appear in NEET 2020
There are different criteria for different groups of students. The eligibility for NEET 2020 is as follow:
- Both Citizens of India and OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) are eligible to appear for NEET 2020 examination. Apart from these, the NRIs, PIO, and Foreign Nationals can also apply for the exam.
- Students must be over the age of 17 years at the time of admission.
- There is no upper age limit for NEET 2020 as per an interim order of Supreme Court.
- Candidates must clear 12th standard (10+2) examination from a recognized board.
- Students must have these compulsory subjects in their Higher Secondary Board Examination. The subjects are Biology, Chemistry, Physics and English
- General candidates must have 50% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Biology
- Marks for reserved students are 42% aggregate in the same three subjects
- Physically handicapped students should have a score of 45%
- Students of Jammu & Kashmir, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana are eligible for All India 15% quota only
- Aadhar Card is not compulsory for NEET 2020.
- The aspirants can apply for the NEET entrance test as much as they want. There is no limitation on permissible attempts.
- Indian Nationals along with NRIs, OCIs and PIOs can also apply for state quota.
Documents Needed for NEET 2020 Application Form
- Mark sheet of class 10th and 12th
- Scanned copy of passport and postcard-sized photo of the candidates
- The signature of the candidates (Scanned copy)
- Scanned copy of left thumb impression of the students
- Valid ID proof.
|Category of the candidates||Type of Permissible ID proof|
|Indian nationals from all states of India||Roll number of class XII, EPIC (Election card), last 4 digits of Aadhar card, photograph and original of bank account passbook, passport number, any identity card issued by the government, ration card no.|
|NRIs||Last 4 digits of Aadhar card, passport number|
|Foreign nationals/PIO/OCI||Passport number|
Note: To register for the NEET exam, the aspirants do not need to use Aadhar card. Instead, the foreign aspirants will require to show their passport number as ID Proof.
What are the Essential Documents required for Foreign Candidates/NRI for NEET 2020 Exam?
- Birth Certificate
- Minimum 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biotechnology/Biology in class XII. Their eligibility will be examined by the Association of Indian Universities as MCI regulated and concerned University.
- ID proof
- Citizenship proof of the respective country
- Passport number
- Other testimonials
- International Baccalaureate (IB) in India can also apply for the NEET 2020 Exam.
How to fill Application Form?
Students can apply for NEET 2020 in online mode only. No offline NEET application form 2020 is available. The detailed step by step procedure applying for NEET 2020 is given below:
Step 1- Registration
- Go to the official NEET website @ntaneet.nic.in
- If you are a new user, click on ‘New Registration‘ and fill the required details.
- If you are an existing user, click on ‘Candidate Login‘. Now, you should enter your Application Number and Password to proceed.
- Now you should type the captcha and then click ‘Preview and Next’.
- In the next step, the aspirants should read and check the provided information and if the data is valid, you have to click the ‘Next’ button.
- You should select the ‘OTP Verification’ option. Once you click, you will receive an OTP in your registered contact number.
- Next, you should choose the ‘Submit’ option.
Step 2- Fill Application Form
- Login using ID and Password generated in the registration process
- Click on ‘Fill Application Form’ button in lower part of the homepage
- Read the instructions carefully and agree to the terms at the end of the page
- Click on ‘Proceed to Apply Online NEET (UG)-2020’
- Fill the details as asked including your name, Father’s Name, Mother’s name, category, Gender, Nationality, Proof of identification, etc.
- Enter your academic qualification details, senior secondary details
- Submit the updated contact information for future notifications
Step 3- Uploading the documents
In third step, you have to upload the necessary documents:
- Upload your recent passport size photograph, signature and thumb impression.
- The size of your photograph should be 10 Kb to 100 Kb, while the size of the scanned signature should be 3 Kb to 20 Kb. The format of your scanned photograph and signature should be in JPG/JPEG.
- Size of the left-hand thumb impression should be 10 Kb to 50 Kb. The format of the file should be JPG/JPEG.
- Scanned images should be the suggested format as per NEET 2020 Information Brochure
- Click on ‘Save and Continue’ to save your NEET Application form and move to the next step
- Candidates can edit their NEET application form till the fee is not paid. Once fee is paid, no immediate correction is allowed in the NEET Application form
NEET Document Specification
||10Kb to 200Kb||JPG/JPEG|
|Postcard size picture||
||50Kb to 300Kb||JPG|
||4Kb to 30Kb||JPG/JPEG|
|Left-hand thumb impression||
||10kb to 50kb||JPG|
|Class 10 passing certificate||
||100 KB to 300 KB||JPG|
Step 4- Application Fee
- When all the uploading is complete, click on ‘Payment’
- You need to choose the mode of payment that is offline or online
- Bank and other charges may apply
|SC/ST/PH/Persons with disability||800|
In order to pay online, the aspirants can complete the payment process by using debit card/ credit card/ Net banking/ UPI or online wallets.
Offline Fee payment
- If candidate choose an offline mode, he/she is redirected to a new page
- Choose one of the banks given in the list, where you want to pay the fee
- Banks available are- HDFC Bank, State Bank of India, ICICI and Syndicate Bank
- After selecting the bank, generate the E-Challan of the declared bank
- Take a print out of the challan
- Fill necessary details on the challan generated and approach the bank
- Fee can be paid in any branch of the bank
- After paying the fees at the bank, you get a receipt or Student’s Copy
- Keep the copy safe for future purposes
Online Fee Payment
- If candidates choose online mode, they will be redirected to a page with new options
- Choose the payment option as per your suitability
- NEET 2020 application fee can be paid using Debit card, Credit Card or through online Net Banking
- Extra charges may apply at application correction time
- Once the fee is successfully paid, a fee receipt is generated
- Download the receipt and take a print out
- Save the print out for future reference
How to Resize Images Using MS Paint for NEET 2020 Application Form
If the aspirants would face any challenge due to the unacceptable size of the image, then they need to follow the steps for uploading the resized and compressed photographs and signature. In this regard they should use MS Paint.
- At first, the aspirants have to open window key.
- Now, you need to search and open paint option by clicking ‘MS Paint’ option.
- Click ‘Ctrl+O’ for browsing the scanned copy of the signature and Photo graph.
- Next, the candidates have to click ‘Ctrl+W’ for openibg ‘Resize and Skew’ Window.
- Instead of Percentage, the aspirants are required switch to Pixels.
- The candidates require to provide the specified pixels mentioned in sinature/photograph.
- Now, they need to open File Tab and select the ‘Save As’ option.
- Select the JPEG/JPG format for saving the impage to the desired location of your system.
Is Aadhaar Card Required?
Those who want to apply for NEET 2020, need to know that an Aadhaar Card is no more mandatory. Aadhaar guidelines are given below:
- Candidates need to submit an identity proof and their Aadhar number serves as one of the identity proofs.
- Any identification proof can be submitted while filling the NEET Application form
- Candidates can apply with Passport Number, Ration Card, Driving License, Voter ID or any other photo ID proof issued by the government of India
Candidates need to fill personal details, academic details and contact information.
|Details asked||How to fill|
|Name||Enter your full name|
|Father’s name||Enter your Father’s full name|
|Mother’s Name||Enter your mother’s full name|
|Gender||Choose your gender|
|Date of Birth||Fill your birth date|
|Email ID||Enter a valid Email ID|
|Phone Number||Enter your contact number|
|Nationality||Indian or other|
|Aadhar Number or UID||Enter your 12 digit Unique Identification Number|
|State of Eligibility||State from which you have passed 12th standard|
|Name of Institution||Name of the school from which you passed Class XII|
|Name of the Board||Name of your Board in Class 12|
|Year of Passing||Year in which you studied Class XII|
|Uploading documents||Upload your photo, signature and finger impression in JPG format|
NEET Application Form Correction
NEET Application processes were continued till January 6, 2020. In case candidates have entered the wrong information in the NEET application form, they can rectify or correct it during the correction window.
The NEET application form Correction window is extended by the exam authorities until 3 May 2020.
- Candidates can log in at ntaneet.nic.in and make corrections in the given time period.
- Correction window is the last opportunity to make changes in NEET 2020 Application Form
- If there is a problem with a candidate’s photo or details, they are sent an Email about the discrepancy. Candidates are advised to check their Email regularly.
Steps to Correct the NEET 2020 Application Form
NTA has postponed and scheduled the NEET exam date on 26th July, 2020 due to the outbreak of Covid 19. NTA has increased the date of NEET 2020 Application form, that is from 1st April to 3rd May, 2020.
- At first, the aspirants should go to the official website of NTA for correcting the application form (If applicable).
- Now, you have to submit the registration number and password.
- In the next step, the aspirants need to click the NEET 2020 application form correction link to modify it.
- Now the candidates are required to modify the required section in the application form.
- Before you submit the application form, you are advised to read the form after correction. To cross check the application, the candidates are required to click the ‘preview’ section.
- Unless you cross check your file, you cannot get a second option to modify it. Hence, you should check it properly.
- If you make any change in the application form, then you can see the corrections in the ‘red’ colour.
- Once you complete the verification, you will receive an one time password (OTP). The candidates will get the OTP to their registered mobile number.
- Now you have to click the ‘Final Submission’ option.
- At last, you should take a print out of the self generated correction slip for future reference.
What corrections can be made?correction
Students can edit below-highlighted particulars in the application form. The aspirants can start to correct once the correction window will appear on the official website.
- State Code of Eligibility
- Date of Birth
- ID no of the aspirants
- Disability Status
- Medium of the exam
|Fields||Correction Allowed For||Correction Not Allowed For|
|Identification Identity||Who have applied for NEET with IDs other than Aadhaar card||Who used Aadhar Card for NEET Application Form|
|Date of Birth||Who used IDs other than Aadhar Card||Who used Aadhaar Card for NEET Application Form|
|Gender||Who used IDs other than Aadhar Card||Who used Aadhaar Card for NEET Application Form|
|Examination Center||Tripura candidates, on the basis of language selection||None except the ones who belong to Tripura|
|State Code of Eligibility||Everyone can edit these fields|
|Percentage of Marks obtained in Qualifying Examination|
|Name of Parents|
How to retrieve your password
If in case you forget your login password, then you need to follow the below-given steps for retrieving password:
- Visit the official website at ntaneet.nic.in
- Click on ‘Candidate login’ and choose ‘Forget Password‘
- Enter your Application Number, Name, Date of birth
- Enter the secured pin as given on the page
- Click on ‘submit‘
- Next, click on ‘Reset‘ to set the new password
- A new password generated window will appear in front of you.
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number or Email ID.
- Next, you need to create a new password after entering the OTP.
- Finally, you can login into your dashboard
Details you need to enter in the NEET Application Form
- Name as per Aadhar card
- Date of birth as per Aadhar card
- Gender as per Aadhar card
- Mother’s name as per high school certificate
- Father’s name as per high school certificate
- Aadhar number / aadhar enrollment no. / registration no. Issued by facilitation center / passport no. / ration card no./bank account no. / any other valid govt. Id. No.
- District of birth
- Occupation of father’s / guardian’s / mother’s
- Educational qualifications of father’s / guardian’s / mother’s
- The annual income of father’s / guardian’s / mother ’s
- Question paper language
- Are you the only child of your parents
- Year of class 12th / equivalent passed / appearing
- Percentage of marks / grade in class 10th / equivalent and 12th
- Type of Institution of class 12th
- Belonging to rural / urban area
- State to which the applicant belongs
- Qualifying examination code
- School education board
- Choice of examination center
How to Remove Discrimination from the Uploaded of Scanned Photographs
If you find discrepancy in uploading images ,you can remove it. NTA gives the flexibility to the aspirants to remove it. You will get an email and sms from NTA to reupload the images.
To reupload the photograph and signature, the candidates can click this link. Read the following instructions to understand the brief summary related to the image upload:
- Accepted format: png/jpeg/jpg
- Photograph size: 20 Kb to 200 Kb
- Background of the passport size photo should be white
- You need to upload the image within the mentioned timeline.
- Since NTA will not give you a second chance, you should fill the data correctly.
- Time Table for NEET 2020 Preparation
- MCC Releases Counselling Round 2 Schedule, Registration Begins from June 03, 2020
- AI-powered Mobile App for Free Mock Tests of NEET 2020 Launches by the Government
- NTA Announces Expected Release Date For NEET 2020 Admit Cards
- Tripura Government To Fund Its Own ‘Super 30’ For NEET Aspirants
NEET 2020 Admit Card
Unless the aspirants carry their admit card to the examination hall, they will not be allowed to enter the hall. To download the admit card of NEET 2020, the candidates should need to go to the official website of NTA that is ntaneet.nic.in.
It is assumed that the admit card for NEET 2020 will be released on 16th July, 2020. To get the access of NEET admit card, the applicants should submit information like DOB and Registration No.
For getting more information, click the link.
Steps to Download the NEET 2020 Admit Card
- First, you should click “NEET Admit Card Link 2020’ from the official website.
- Now, you have to submit the application number, security pin and date of birth for logging into the account.
- Next, you should click the submit option
- You are now able to download the admit card of NEET 2020 exam
- For future reference, you should keep a print out of the admit card with you.
Details Highlighted in NEET 2020 Admit Card
- Name of the aspirants
- Roll number of the aspirants
- Name of the father
- Roll number of examination
- Application number of the applicants
- Date and timing of the exam
- Center name of exam and the address
- Category of the students
- Sub-category (If applicable)
- Photograph of the students
- Signature of the candidates
- Date of birth
- Language of the question paper
How to Choose NEET 2020 Exam Centers?
NTA gives an opportunity to the aspirants to choose the NEET exam centers from a wide range of areas. Now, the candidates can also apply for AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy) through NEET 2020 exam.
- While you are going to fill up the application form of NEET 2020 exam, the aspirants are required to select three preferable exam centers.
- After logging to the account, the students can submit the necessary detailed information. This information is the reflection of the choice of preference of the aspirants.
- The candidates will not get the opportunity of editing their account, once they submit the application form.
- It is advised to the aspirants that they should choose the exam centers wisely. More specifically, select the exam centers based on their comfort and convenience.
- Allocation of the exam center to the aspirants is relied upon the first come first serve.
Complete List of NEET 2020 Exam centers
Find the following table to identify the complete list of NEET 2020 exam centers along with their state name and specified codes:
|Andaman & Nicobar||Port Blair||1101|
|Chandigarh||Chandigarh / Mohali / Panchkula||1601|
|Chhattisgarh||Bhilai/ Durg/ Bhilai Nagar||1701|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli||Dadra & Nagar Haveli||1801|
|Daman & Diu||Daman||1901|
|Delhi/New Delhi||Delhi/New Delhi||2001|
|Goa||Panaji/ Madgaon/ Margao||2101|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu||2501|
|Gulbarga / Kalaburgi||2705|
|Kozhikode / Calicut||2808|
|Noida / Greater Noida||4410|
|West Bengal||24 Pargana||4601|
Exam Centers of NEET 2020: According to the Chosen Language
The aspirants are flexible to choose their preferable ;language among 10 different languages. Read the following content to know more about it:
|Languages you prefer||NEET 2020 Exam Centre|
|English, Hindi and Assamese||NEET Examination Centres in Assam|
|English and Hindi||All NEET 2020 examination centres and cities|
|English, Hindi and Gujarati||NEET Examination Centres in Gujarat, Daman, Dadra and Nagar Haveli|
|English, Hindi and Bengali||NEET Examination Centres in West Bengal and Tripura|
|English, Hindi and Marathi||NEET Examination Centres in Maharashtra|
|English, Hindi and Telugu||NEET Examination Centres in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana|
|English, Hindi and Tamil||NEET Examination Centres in Tamil Nadu|
|English, Hindi and Kannada||NEET Examination Centres in Karnataka|
|English and Urdu||All NEET Examination Centres 2020|
|English, Hindi and Oriya||NEET Examination Centres in Odisha|
Candidates can use following details according to the category the belong to:
|For all Indian states||Aadhar Number issued by UIDAI|
|Those who belong from Assam, Meghalaya or Jammu & Kashmir states||Aadhar Number, Ration Card Number, Bank Account Number, Passport Number or Number of any other Identity Card issued by Government.|
|NRIs||Aadhar Number, Passport Number|
|Foreigners / OCI / PIO||Passport number|
Important Guidelines for Images:
While uploading photographs on the NEET Application form, candidates need to follow the important guidelines which are given here:
- JPG Format
- 10kb to 100kb
- Should be done by the candidates in running hand
- JPG format
- 3kb to 20kb
For Left Thumb Impression
- JPG format
- Size should be 10 Kb to 50 Kb
For scanned copy of class 10 certificate
- JPG Format
- 100 Kb to 300 Kb
For Scanned image of Post Card size photograph
- JPG Format
- 50 Kb to 300 Kb
Things to Remember
- NEET Application Form is available only in online mode @ ntaneet.nic.in
- Aadhar Card is no more mandatory for NEET Registration
- Check the NEET eligibility criteria before you start filling the NEET application form.
- Application Fee can be paid only online.
- Fees once paid, cannot be refunded
- In case you have made any corrections in the NEET Application form, they need to take a copy of the printout for future reference. In addition, you should keep a copy of print out as the proof of remittance fee with you.
- If you want to make changes in NEET Application Form, you need to pay the additional charges, if applicable
- No need to send a print-out copy of the confirmation page.
Reservation for General-Economically Weaker Sections in NEET 2020 Exam
After the publication of the 124th Amendment by the Parliament, 10% reserved jobs will be reserved to the Gen-EWS aspirants. Read the following eligibility criteria to understand the reservation criteria for General-EWS students:
- If the gross annual income of the family is less than INR 8 Lakh
- In case the family ownership of agricultural land is less than 5 acres.
- Ownership of the residential flat is less than 1000 sq ft.
- Residential plot is less than 100 sq yards (notified municipalities)
- However, in case of unnotified municipalities, ownership of residential plots is less than 200 sq yards.
Who is Eligible to Fall Under EWS Category?
If the general candidates meet any of the aforementioned criteria and if they do not fall under the SC/ST/OBC reservation category, then the aspirants will be able to apply for the Gen-EWS quota reservation process as well as can enjoy the benefits.
The aspirants should need to show the ‘Income and Asset Certificate’, which should be issued by any of the eminent Institutes.
Reservation for Disabled Person under AIQ
- There are 5% seats occupied for the Physically Handicapped Candidates under All India Quota reservation system
- If the candidates have been suffering from any kind of locomotor disability and if the disability percentage is lying under 40%, then they can apply for reservation under AIQ.
- PwD aspirants must need to show the Disability certificate to avail the reservation quota
Reservation in AIIMS/DEEMED Universities/JIPMER/Central Universities/ Seats of AFMC and ESIC including AMU/BHU
Since the year 2019, only one medical entrance test has been scheduled, which is NEET. Hence, the private institutions would not be able to conduct the entrance test for medical aspirants separately. However, according to the rules and regulations of AIQ ir Non-AIQ seats, both the admission and the reservation policy is not governed.
|Reservation policy||It is decided by concerned institution/university|
|Register at – MCC website||In order to enrol the names for BDS/MBBS coursework|
|Register at – AACCC website||The aspirants are able to take admission for the undergraduate medical courses.|
On the other hand, Armed Forces Medical services, Ministry of Defence, Government of India issue the norms for AFMC, Pune. In order to take admission into AFMC using the NEET 2020 score, the aspirants require to go to the official website that is afmc.nic.in. Therefore, for final admission, the screening process on the students is also conducted by AFMC.
Required Documents for Claiming Reservation
Read the following table in order to understand the required certificate formats in order to claim the reservation quota. It is published by the Nodal authorities under NEET Information bulletin:
|PwD (Locomotor Disability)||Constituted Medical Board only at specific Central Government Hospitals|
NEET 2020 Applicants Statistics across the Years
As per the statistics of 2019, approximately 14 Lakhs students were present in the entrance test, where 15 Lakhs students enrolled their names for the registration process. However, the competition level among the students compared to the previous year has been increased.
For instance, read the following table in order to understand the rising competition level among the NEET students over the past years.
NEET Application Statistics
|Candidates||NEET 2019||NEET 2018||NEET 2017|
|Students applied for the exam||15,93,452||13,26,725||11,38,890|
|Aspirants appeared in the exam||14,10,755||12,69,922||10,90,085|
|Registered Male candidates||6,80,414||5,80,649||4,97,043|
|Male candidates appeared||6,30,283||5,53,849||4,73,305|
|Registered Female candidates||8,38,966||7,46,075||6,41,839|
|Female candidates appeared||7,80,467||7,16,072||6,16,772|
|Transgender candidates registered for the exam||6||1||8|
|Applied transgender candidates in the exam||5||1||8|
NEET 2020 Highlights
- Candidates need to select the medium of question paper carefully, it cannot be changed in the correction period.
- Seats will be allotted to candidates randomly
- OBC candidates need to select unreserved category
- For submitting the application fee via online mode, candidates need to keep credit card/debit card handy
- Students need to keep the confirmation page safe for future reference
- No late registrations are accepted
- The aspirants need to submit only single form
NEET Facilitation centers/ Common Service Centers (CSC)
In order to help the aspirants in the online application form filling and submitting process, NTA will be enlisting the CSC. In the following table, the candidates will find the payment of application fee in the online application form.
|Preparing email, Submission of Application Form and Print out||25|
|Online payment of Fee||0.5% of the transaction|
|Downloading of Admit Card/OMR/Answer Key||10|
|Online claim for Responses/Key||25|
|Print out per page||5|
Helpline Details for NEET 2020 Exam
NTA has released the helpline number if the NEET 2020 candidates will need for any query. The students face issues related to the eligibility criteria, documents required, seat allotment, admit card, reservation, counselling procedure, admission process etc. In such scenarios, the aspirants require to contact through helpline number for solving their issue.
For contacting through the helpline number, you are advised to call between 9 AM to 8.30 PM.
Helpline Numbers for NEET (UG) 2020
Contact no of help desk: +91 8076535482, +91 7703859909
NEET E-mail id: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal Address of NTA NEET: C-20 1A/8, Sector 62,
Gautam Budh Nagar, ITK Outreach Centre,
NTA Telephone number: 0120-3946612
NTA E-mail: email@example.com
Contact number: +91 9354946422, +91 9354957636, +91 8076535482
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Name||Contact No.||Email ID||Work Timings|
|Help Desk||011-22041807 email@example.com||8 am to 8 pm|
|Toll Free No.||firstname.lastname@example.org||8 am to 8 pm|
|NEET Branch||9599590192 email@example.com||9:30 am to 5 pm|
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans: Yes, you are eligible. The age should be 17 years at the time of admission on or before 31 December 2020.
Ans: No, basic details filled at the time of registration cannot be corrected.
Ans: NEET 2020 application form can be filled online only. You can go to the nearest Facilitation centre for help in applying for NEET.
Ans: You need to check the official website. The correction form starts between 17 January 2020 to 31 January 2020.
Ans: No. NEET Application Form is available online mode only.
Ans: No, The Application fee will not be refunded in any case.
Ans: Yes you can edit it with Correction window which is started from 17 January 2020 to 31 January 2020.
Ans: Yes, they can apply for NEET Exam with the help of passport details.
Ans: Yes it is necessary to upload scanned photographs with name and date of taking.
Ans: There is an option available i.e. Forget Application Number or I can’t access my account, click on those link and retrieve your password.
Ans: No it is not necessary for all states except J&K, AP & Telangana. Candidates who belong from these states and interested for 15% All India Quota Counseling must have the self declaration documents.
Ans: You can get admission in these colleges with the help of All India Quota Counseling process.
Ans: There is no option available in the application form for uploading category certificate.
Ans: No, AIIMS conduct his own separate exam for admission.
Ans: Candidates have to pass 10+2 or equivalent examination with at least 50% marks in aggregate. Candidates must also have Chemistry, Physics, Biology/Biotechnology with English as a compulsory subject. For reserved category the minimum marks should be 40% with same subjects.
Ans: For general category the minimum age should be 17 years and the maximum age is 25 years as on or before December 31 of the year of admission.There is a relaxation of 5 years for the SC/ST/OBC candidates.
Ans: From the year, Candidates have no cap limit for NEET attempts.
Ans: No, NIOS candidates are not eligible for the NEET exam.
Ans: The application fee for NEET 2020 is INR 1500 for General, INR 1400 for General-EWS/OBC category and INR 800 for SC/ST/PH category.
Ans: The application fee payment can be made through online mode only. There are three options to pay the application fee:
- Debit/credit card
- Net banking/UPI
- E-wallet of various service providers.
Ans: Aadhaar card, Scanned photograph and Scanned signature.
Ans: Aadhaar card is mandatory for all the Indian citizens to fill NEET application form.
Ans: No, only Indian citizens(except those belonging to Assam, Meghalaya and Jammu & Kashmir) are required to have Aadhaar card to apply for NEET 2020. NRIs need to enter their passport details.
Ans: There is no need to send the confirmation page to the CBSE.