Latest: Union HRD Minister, Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ announced the exam dates for NEET 2020 in a live session held on Facebook and Twitter. The exam is scheduled to be conducted on 26th July 2020. Due to the lockdown across the country, the exam has been delayed, along with delay in NEET 2020 Result. Check NEET Revised Exam Dates
The NEET 2020 Result will be released on the official website followed by NEET Cutoff. Other details regarding exam dates have been released for students to plan their preparation for the upcoming exam.
NEET Result 2020 will be announced in the form of scorecard containing candidates’ overall and sectional marks as well as status of qualifying in exam. NTA also assigns All India Rank and All India Quota Rank alongside category rank with announcement of NEET Result.
Before announcement of NEET Result, NTA will release the answer keys on the official website along with machine graded responses. Candidates will have the opportunity to challenge any key and machine-graded responses in case of discrepancy. For challenge against every key, candidates have to pay an additional fee of INR 1000.
After the challenge window is closed, NEET Result 2020 will be announced along with final answer key.
Once NEET Result is announced, MCC holds the counselling session for 15% All India Quota seats while the counselling for 85% state quota seats is managed by all the participating states respectively. NTA will prepare the centralized merit list for all the candidates based on candidates’ NEET Result or performance in NEET Exam.
NEET 2020 counselling process on the basis of a centralized merit list will commence tentatively around September 2020. Delay is caused due to the COVID-19 crisis and the subsequent lockdown.
Key Dates for NEET Result 2020
NEET 2020 Exam is delayed and NEET Result for 2020 will be announced later on. Counselling starts usually a month after NEET Result declaration. You can apply under 15% AIQ seats and 85% State Quota seats with your NEET Result/Rank in public and private medical institutes.
|NEET 2020 Exam Date||26th July 2020|
|NEET 2020 Answer Key Release||Yet to announce|
|Declaration of NEET Result 2020||Mid August 20202 (Tentative)|
|NEET 2020 Counselling starts||September 2020 (Tentative)|
Important Highlights of NEET 2020 Result
- NEET Result will be declared in the form of an online scorecard tentatively around August 2020.
- NTA will also publish the official final answer key and images of candidates’ OMR sheets after announcement of result.
- NEET was conducted by CBSE from 2013 to 2018. From 2019 onwards, NTA has been conducting NEET (UG).
- In addition, NEET 2020 Result will contain details about All India Rank (AIR), candidate’s score, qualifying status and overall cutoff score.
- NEET Result will be used by all the medical colleges in the country to admit candidates in BDS/MBBS courses. From now on, AIIMS, AFMC, JLPMER will admit students using NEET Result 2020.
- MCC will conduct the counselling for 15% AIQ (All India Quota) seats. Whereas, state counselling authorities will prepare their own merit list based on AIl India Ranks. These ranks are available in NEET Result published by NTA to allot candidates in state quota seats.
How to check the NEET 2020 Result?
To check the NEET Result 2020 aspirants have to follow the steps mentioned below:-
- Visit the official website of NEET result i.e. ntaneet.nic.in.
- Click on the link “NEET(UG) Exam Results-2020”
- Fill your exam roll number, date of birth and verification code.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- The NEET Result will be displayed on the screen.
- Download the NEET Result Scorecard and save it as PDF.
- Press Ctrl + P to save the page as PDF for future reference.
NEET Result 2020: Sample of NEET Scorecard
NEET 2020 Score Card Details
Scores of NEET Result are valid for three years beginning this year i.e. 2020. You can take part in admissions with the same score card in coming years. Candidates are advised to keep the NEET scorecard safely as it is required during counselling and admission process. Scorecard will contain the information like :
- Candidate’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Father’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Student’s Roll Number
- Application Number
- Total Marks Obtained
- Marks Secured in Chemistry
- Biology and Physics
- Total Secured Percentile
- NEET Category Rank
- NEET All India Rank
- Exam Qualifying Status (Qualified or Non-qualified) as well as the Cut-off Score for Counseling under 15% All India Quota.
How to Retrieve Application Number and Password of NEET 2020 Exam?
If you have lost your application number or if you could not remember the password of your account, you cannot check your NEET Result 2020. Hence, you have to retrieve the password for logging into the account. Follow the below mentioned steps:
- Go to the NEET official website and then choose the candidate login option.
- Click ‘Forgot password’ option – if you cannot remember password.
- Click ‘Forgot Application Number’ – if you cannot remember Application number.
- Submit the name, father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth, and security pin.
- Now, you have to reset the password for NEET 2020 exam.
NEET Result 2019: Topper’s List
|Name of the Toppers||NEET score||Percentile score||NEET AIR|
|Bhat Sarthak Raghavendra||695||99.999362||6|
|Madhuri Reddy G||695||99.999362||7|
Statistics for NEET 2019
Only 7,97,042 candidates have qualified the NEET 2019 exam, out of 14,10,755 candidates (Appeared for the exam). Find the following details to get to know about the detailed information:
|No. of Candidates Registered||1519375||13,26,725||11,38,890|
|No of Candidates Present||1410755||12,69,922||10,90,085|
|No of Candidates Absent||108620||56,803||48,805|
|Number of Cities||154||136||103|
|Number of Languages||11||2,255||1,921|
|Number of centres||2546||11||10|
|Number of rooms||64000||5,60,000+||50,000+|
|Number of invigilators||128000||1,50,000+||1,50,000+|
|Number of Observers and NTA Representatives||6000+||4,500+||3,500+|
|No of City Coordinators||163||153||–|
NEET 2020 Answer Key
- NTA will publish the NEET 2020 answer key to the official website that is, ntaneet.nic.in
- Once they enter into the website, they can calculate the score with the help of answer keys of NEET 2020 and OMR Sheets.
- You can check the correct answers of the questions from the answer key of NEET 2020 examination
- If you find any discrepancy, you can challenge your answer. NTA will give the flexibility to challenge it within the prescribed dates
- If you challenge the answer key, you will need to pay INR 1000 per answer through online mode.
- You will get the money back if the authority will accept the challenge.
Steps to check NEET 2020 Answer Key
Find the below mentioned steps for checking the answer key:
- Visit the official site of NEET
- Click on the ‘Answer Key’ link on the homepage
- Enter registration number and password.
- Candidates can select the question booklet no. from the drop-down menu.
- Answer key will be displayed on the screen of the candidates
- Candidates can either take printout of the key or save it as pdf on their systems.
Procedure to Challenge NEET Answer Key
Besides viewing the key, candidates are also allowed to challenge the same. Candidates have to file the challenge in online mode and fee of INR 1000 has to be submitted per key within the stipulated time period. All the challenges will be reviewed by the committee and fee will be refunded only if the challenge is accepted and approved by the committee.
Candidates can also view and download their machine graded responses and image of filled OMR sheets. NEET Answer Key along with machine graded responses can be used to calculate the expected scores in the exam.
Steps to Calculate NEET Score and Rank
Based on the NEET answer key, the aspirants will be capable of calculating their rank and corresponding scores. On the other hand, the aspirants will get the option to tally their answers with previously released (before NEET 2020 result) answer key. Find the pattern of marking scheme in the following:
- The students can score 4 marks for every correct answer.
- Similarly, the aspirants will be penalised -1 for every incorrect answer.
- You will not get any marks for unattempted questions
- Total marks: 720 (180 MCQS*4)
- In order to calculate the NEET scores, once can follow the below mentioned formula that is: (Total number of correct answers*4)-(total number of incorrect answers*1)
NEET Marks vs Ranks 2020
In order to prepare the merit list, NEET rank is considered as the main factor. The marks and corresponding rank of the candidates is tabulated in the following:
|Ranks range||Marks range||Ranks range||Marks range|
What after NEET Result 2020?
NTA will release the cut off along with the NEET result. The cutoff is the minimum marks required to qualify for the exam. NEET Cutoff is different for different categories.
The cutoff depends on three factors, namely-
- Total number of seats available
- Number of candidates appearing in the exam
- The difficulty level of the exam.
NEET Cut off releases for All India Quota and State Level Quota. Top 15% scorers in the NEET exam will be allowed to participate directly in the NEET counselling process under 15% All India Quota. NEET 2020 expected cutoff is given below.
|Category||Total number of candidates||Range of marks|
|UR & PH||430||466-214|
|OBC & PH||10||213-210|
|SC & PH||75||209-130|
|ST & PH||23||213-118|
NEET 2020 Cut Off Score
NEET Cut Off Score will be declared with the online scorecard on June 04, 2020. Candidates can check the category wise expected cutoff scores based on previous year cutoffs, mentioned below:
|Category||Cut off Percentile||Cut off Score||Category||Cut off Percentile||Cut off Score|
|UR||50th Percentile||701-134||UR-PH||45th Percentile||133-120|
|OBC||40th Percentile||133-107||OBC-PH||40th Percentile||119-107|
What is NEET Percentile Score?
NEET Percentile score is the minimum qualifying score which is required to qualify the exam. NEET percentile can be calculated by following the below mentioned formula:
(Product of your absolute marks*100)/Highest marks obtained by the top ranker.
NEET percentile score is the minimum score for qualifying the exam. Read the following table in order to identify the NEET qualifying percentile for counselling process:
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Marks Range|
|General||50 Percentile||701 – 134|
|OBC/SC/ST||40 Percentile||133 – 107|
|General – PWD||45 Percentile||133 – 120|
NEET percentile score is determined based on the highest score in the All India Merit List. However, if the certain categories sufficient aspirants fail to meet the minimum marks, then MCI and Central Government will lower down the lowest marks for the respective categories.
NEET Cut Off: Top 10 Medical Colleges
|Name of College||2016 Closing Cut Off Rank||2015 Closing Cut Off Rank|
|Government Medical College, Chandigarh||162||158|
|Grant Medical College and Sir JJ Group of Hospitals, Mumbai||408||565|
|King George’s Medical University, Lucknow||506||386|
|Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi||263||117|
|Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi||44||28|
|Pt. Bhagwat Dayal Sharma Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak||1035||674|
|Seth G.S. Medical College, Mumbai||408||216|
|Stanley Medical College, Chennai||2264||2039|
|University College of Medical Sciences, New Delhi||128||97|
|VMMC & Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi||106||5|
NEET 2020 Merit List
The merit list is prepared as per the candidate’s performance in the NEET. The NEET merit list of All India Quota is prepared by the National Testing Agency and the candidates get admission in colleges or universities as per their position in the merit list.
- Category wise merit list will not be released. Only a centralized merit list will be published for NEET 2020 qualified aspirants.
- The Merit list is made for seats as per 15% AIQ
- States will make their own merit as per the category of the aspirants and AIR
- AIQ merit list is made based on the NEET reservation policy and AIR
- The merit list of NEET will be released on the official website of NEET
- There will be a waiting list, which is equivalent to 4 times the number of seats. It will be available for 15% AIQ.
Check the table mentioned below to find a detailed insight on NEET Marks vs Rank analysis for NEET 2019. Based on the analysis, you can deduce marks requirement to find a substantially high score in NEET 2020. Remember, admission to top medical colleges through NEET will be solely based on the merit secured by candidates in the written test. No separate weightage is assigned to any other factor besides category wise seat reservation in NEET.
For getting more information, the candidates are advised to keep their eyes on to the official website of NEET 2020 that is ntaneet.nic.in. Once the candidates meet their cutoff, they will get a chance to take admission either in MBBS or in BDS for medical and dental programs across India.
Also read: NEET Cut Off for Government Colleges
Tie-Break Procedure for NEET 2020
NTA is likely to follow a predetermined tie-breaking procedure in case two or more students end up obtaining the same score, for the purpose of assigning ranks. Check the stipulated tie-break procedure for NEET 2020.
- Higher marks in Biology will lead to a higher rank in the order of merit.
- Higher marks in Chemistry, if the tie persists, will be used to assign the ranks for candidates.
- If the tie still persists, then candidates with least wrong answers will be placed higher in the order of merit
- Final criteria if all the others fail to resolve ties, is that candidates older in age will be placed higher on the merit list.
NEET 2020 Counselling
NTA has not decided the date of NEET 2020 counselling yet. It will be announced later. Initially it was expected to be scheduled in June, 2020. However, due to the Corona outbreak, the previously mentioned schedule has been postponed. The aspirants, who will find their names in the merit list and will qualify the NEET 2020 exam, will be eligible to attend the counselling process.
- MCC will organise both the 15% AIQ seats as well as the seats in Central and Deemed universities.
- As per the AIQ ranking, the centralised counselling merit list will be drawn.
- The aspirants should follow the instructions of State Government and authorities of dental colleges or medical institutions/universities for the counselling purposes in order to get into the colleges through merit list.
- Based on the All India Rank, the State Merit List will be drawn.
Courses Offered through NEET 2020 Result
The students can enrol their names for the following course work programs, once the NEET 2020 result will out:
- MBBS and BDS: In order to get into the colleges for MBBS or BDS coursework, either in Government or private college, or in central universities, in Deemed universities in India. Apart from this, the aspirants can also take admission into the AIIMS or in JIPMER.
- Ayush Courses: The qualifying students of NEET 2020 can also take admission into the course works like Ayurveda (BAMS), Unani (BUMS), Yoga and Naturopathy (BNYS), Siddha (BSMS), and in Homeopathy (BHMS).
- B.V.Sc. and AH courses: Apart from the aforementioned programs, the qualified aspirants will be eligible to enrol their names for B.VSc and AH courses in Veterinary colleges (Excluding Jammu and Kashmir).
- If the candidates of foreign countries will like to continue their study in medical or dental courseworks from outside of India, they can also do that. The validity of NEET results will be valid for 3 years in this context.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans: Through NEET, admission will be offered into the following seats/quotas.
- All India Quota Seats.
- State Government Quota Seats
- State/Private/Management/NRI Quota Seats in all Private Medical / Dental Colleges or any Private/ Deemed University
- Central Pool Quota Seats
Ans: Indeed, AIIMS and JIPMER are exempted from NEET as they both are independent bodies and will lead their own medicinal selection test with a specific end goal to offer admission to the separate foundations. Till Now, state body has any such exception.
Ans: NEET Result will be declared on 4th June, 2020.
Ans: The result of successful candidates of NEET 2020 is valid for the academic session 2020-21 only.
Answer: An opportunity to challenge the answer key, through online mode, against payment of Rs. 1000/- per answer challenge, shall be given, before the declaration of result. The candidates may remain in touch with the website www.cbseneet.nic.in after the examination.
Answer: The expected date is 4th June 2020.
Answer: The result of successful candidates of NEET-UG, 2020 is valid for the academic session 2020-21 only.
Answer: The result of NEET-UG, 2020 will be uploaded on the website www.cbseneet.nic.in, www.cbseresults.nic.in as per schedule.