Home » Posts tagged 'NEET Application form correction'
Tag Archives: NEET Application form correction
The application form correction window of NEET-UG 2020 is open yet again. Aspirants who have appeared in the exam on 13th September can correct a few details again by visiting the official website. Adding to it, the NEET 2020 Result is likely to be out by 12th October.
The National Testing Agency (NTA) published a notice regarding this decision as most aspirants faced hardships to access NEET Form Corrections window earlier.
Aspirants who have taken the NEET 2020 UG can make the corrections online on the official portal – www.ntaneet.nic.in. The deadline for form correction is 30th September 2020, until 5 pm. Aspirants can, however, pay the fee only by 11.50 pm on 30th September. Scrolling down, you will find the details about the fields that can be corrected.
NEET Form Correction: What Fields Can Be Corrected?
With this facility, specific details can be corrected by the candidates once again on the official website. Mentioned below are the particulars on the NEET UG 2020 registration form that NTA is allowing to make corrections are:
- Name of Mother
- Name of Father
- Candidate’s Gender
- Candidate’s Category
- Mention Disability (if any)
- State Code of Eligibility
- Nationality of the Candidate
For other updates related to NEET 2020, aspirants must visit the NEET’s official portal. Aspirants can also contact the following numbers for any queries related to NEET UG 2020 exam – 8700028512, 8178359845, 9650173668, 9599676953, 8882356803.
Live Update: Within the existing reservation in undergraduate medical courses, the Tamil Nadu cabinet has approved a 7.5% quota. This quota has been approved for government higher secondary schools’ candidates passing NEET 2020. The Cabinet meeting, which was headed by Chief Minister K. Palaniswami at the Secretariat, voted in favor of granting approval to the six companies who proposed an investment of Rs 5000 crore to Tamil Nadu.
As per the official sources, “The Quota within Quota covers government seats in private colleges too.”
After seeking exemption from NEET-UG, Tamil Nadu had faced stiff from the opposition including Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK), citing the welfare of students, especially from rural areas.
Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, NEET 2020 is all set to be taken by 16.84 lakh candidates on September 13, 2020. NEET Form correction window is open till July 20th, 2020 for the candidates to make corrections with respect to their exam centers, photographs and signatures.
NTA will conduct the exam conforming to all the necessary measures and maximum safety guidelines issued by the government.
The deadline to make corrections in application forms of NEET and other exams has been extended by NTA. The form correction window which was supposed to be opened till July 15, 2020, will remain open till July 20, 2020, now.
The form correction facility for NEET and other exams such as JEE, UC NET, IGNOU OPENMAT, Ph.D., etc will remain open till 20th July to make corrections in exam centers, photographs, signatures, and so on.
Check out NEET Photo Size Format and Guidelines
The decision to extend the deadline comes from the fact that “Some of the candidates have uploaded Photograph/ Signature which is illegible or has uploaded Photographs with Mask; such candidates are advised to upload clear photograph/signature of the desired specification (as detailed in Annexure – A) to avoid cancellation of their candidature.” says NTA.
Earlier this month NTA revised NEET exam dates owing to the pandemic of COVID-19. The exam will now be conducted on September 13, 2020. Similarly, JEE Main will be conducted from September 1 to September 6, 2020.
For further information and queries, candidates can contact the NTA authority at the following number, 8287471852, 8178359845, 9650173668, 9599676953 and 8882356803 or by visiting the official website at nta.ac.in.
NEET 2021 Application Form Correction Window has been started on August 11, 2021. The aspirants have the flexibility to modify details like Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Category, Gender, Nationality, PwD, State code of eligibility, ect. until August 14, 2021. Along with this, NEET 2021 is scheduled to be conducted on September 12, 2021.
NEET 2021 Application Forms have been released by NTA on July 13, 2021. NEET 2021 applicants will be given a one time opportunity to correct any details that they have entered incorrectly while filling up the form during the NEET 2021 Application Form Correction Window. Furthermore, the students can download the NEET 2021 Admit Card 3 days prior to the NEET 2021 exam date.
- Moreover, if you need to make any modification in the NEET 2021 application form, then you will be required to pay an additional fee through net banking/credit card/ debit card (within the mentioned time frame).
- Additionally, if you find any discrepancies in the prescribed format of signature and NEET photograph, you should login to the application portal to re-upload the photographs and signatures. NTA will inform the candidates about such discrepancies through email/SMS.
- 11 August 2021: NEET Correction facility is available till 14 August 2021.
- 10 August 2021: NTA has closed the NEET registration Date on August 10.
- 7 August 2021: For BSc Nursing Admission, NEET Score is valid.
- 4 August 2021: Revised NEET Reservation Criteria has released by NTA.
- 4 August 2021: Due to Covid, NTA has increased the number of NEET Exam Centres.
NEET 2021 Correction Window Dates
|Availability of NEET 2021 application form||July 13, 2021|
|Last date of NEET 2021 registration||August 6, 2021|
|NEET 2021 Application Form Correction Window||August 11 – 14, 2021|
|NEET 2021 Exam Date||September 12, 2021|
|NEET 2021 Admit Card available from||3 days prior to the exam|
NEET 2021 Application Form Correction
Out of inexperience and confusion, mistakes happen by the candidates most of the time during the application form fill up process. To make changes in the NEET 2021 application form, NTA provides the facility of NEET Application Form correction window. As it is a one time opportunity, candidates are advised to verify every detail at least twice before submitting the form. To rectify the mistakes, the applicants are required to visit the official website of NEET 2021 that is nta.neet.nic.in and make the changes accordingly.
- The aspirants should remember that no more chances for correction will be given after the NEET 2021 Application Form Correction Last Date. Hence, they are advised to check all the necessary details carefully before submitting the application form.
- On the other hand, the aspirants will not be able to change the registered email id and contact number. They can make changes only the following particulars:
|Name of the candidate||Date of birth (DOB)|
|Gender||State code of eligibility|
|Category||Status of disability (if applicable)|
|Medium of NEET 2021 Examination||Examination center of NEET 2021|
- If the candidates need to modify or edit the form, they need to provide an additional fee for the NEET application form correction process. They need to remit the balance fee before submitting the NEET 2021 Application form.
- The applicants are required to pay the additional fee through debit card/credit card or through net banking.
Corrections in NEET 2021 Application Form
The following table will help you understand the details that you can change in the application form:
|Fields||Correction Allowed For||Correction Not Allowed For|
|Identification Identity||Who have applied for NEET with IDs other than Aadhaar card||Who used Aadhar Card for NEET Application Form|
|Date of Birth||Who used IDs other than Aadhar Card||Who used Aadhaar Card for NEET Application Form|
|Gender||Who used IDs other than Aadhar Card||Who used Aadhaar Card for NEET Application Form|
|Examination Center||Tripura candidates, on the basis of language selection||None except the ones who belong to Tripura|
|State Code of Eligibility||Everyone can edit these fields|
|Percentage of Marks obtained in Qualifying Examination|
|Name of Parents|
The candidates should not be worried as correction in the application form will not affect the candidature and the merit list of them. You should take a copy of the print out of the correction slip for future reference. NTA will not make any correspondence in this context.
How to Correct NEET 2021 Application Form?
NEET 2021 Application Form Correction window guide:
- First, visit the Official Site i.e. nta.neet.ac.in
- Then, click on Candidate Login
- Third, enter your registration number and password
- Afterward, click on the link for correction
- Next, correct your filled details in the NEET 2021 application form
- Once you complete the correction, you should check it once before final submission. You need to cross-check your modification in the preview section.
- Now, you can see the corrections in ‘Red’ colour. After you complete the verification, you have to provide the one time password (OTP). You receive the OTP on your registered contact number.
- Click ‘Final Submission’.
- Lastly, download a self-generated correction slip for future reference.
Candidates should correct their particulars carefully as no second-time correction opportunity will be provided by NTA.
- Want to Start Preparation for NEET 2021? Check Smart Study Plan Here
- Time Table for NEET 2021 Preparation
Removing Discrepancy from Uploaded Scanned Images
When the registration process is going on, NTA provides the facility to remove discrepancies from uploaded images (signature & passport size photograph). NTA sends email and SMS to intimate to re-upload the photograph and signature to those candidates who made mistakes while uploading the scanned images in NEET 2021 application form. A brief summary of instructions on uploading images is given below.
- Accepted format – jpg/jpeg/png
- Size of Photograph – 10 KB to 200 KB
- Size of the scanned image of signature should be 4 Kb to 30 Kb and should be in JPG/JPEG format.
- The size of the scanned copy of the left hand thumb impression should be 10 Kb to 200 Kb. And the format of the photograph should be JPG.
- The size of the scanned copy of the class 10th certificate should be 100 Kb to 300 Kb. The format should be in PDF.
- Lastly, the size of the scanned copy of category certificate and citizenship certificate is needed to be in between 50 Kb to 300 Kb and the format should be in PDF.
- Documents should be uploaded within the time frame provided by NTA.
Some more points to be kept in mind are given below:
- You should upload your colour photograph
- Kindly note it down that you do not need to upload a photo with a dark background. The background should be plain.
- The aspirants do not need to upload pictures with caps or goggles
- Try to avoid rotating and tilting the picture.
How to Change the NEET 2021 Exam Center?
The steps for updating the preferred exam centers are given below:
- Visit the official website and NEET 2021 login with your credentials.
- Click on “NEET 2021 Application form Correction”.
- Rectify your mistakes in the NEET 2021 application form.
- Change your NEET 2021 exam center and then submit.
What to Keep in Mind while You Modify the NEET 2021 Exam Center?
If the candidates move to a new location after completing their registration, then they must change the exam center during the application correction tenure. Since, they might have chosen the exam center as per their previous address. NTA offers such flexibility to the candidates to rectify their new preferable exam center, as per their convenience (if applicable). In order to change the new exam center, the candidates should keep in mind a few important things. You should go through the following content to get a clear idea about it.
- The exam center should be the location nearby their residential area.
- It will help them to reach the exam date within time.
- They do not face any hassle regarding transport
- Choose the nearest location and you should need to be stressed free.
- Since, the correction form is your final call, therefore, you should check it carefully and fill the form wisely before you submit the final one. Once you submit, you will not get the permission to correct it again.
FAQs on NEET Application Form
Ques. What is the process of making corrections in the NEET 2021 Application form?
Ans. One should follow the below mentioned steps:
- Go to the official website of NEET
- Open the ‘Candidates Login’ link
- Submit the registration number and password
- Click the correction link
- Now, you are able to modify the application, as per your requirements.
Ques. What is the application fee for NEET 2021 Application form?
Ans. The general candidates have to pay INR 1500, whereas both the GEN-EWS and OBC aspirants have to pay INR 1400. Apart from this, the SC/ST/PwD and transgender candidates have to pay INR 800.
Ques. Can the aspirants modify the address in NEET Application Form 2021?
Ans. Yes, the candidates would get the flexibility to change their address in the correction form.
Ques. Can the aspirants change the NEET exam center?
Ans. Yes, the aspirants are eligible to change the exam center. In order to change the exam center, the students need to visit the official website and will find the correction option at the footer section of the website.
Ques. How can a student contact the NTA NEET Helpline?
Ans. The Helpdesk number of NEET is 011-40759000. You can contact them from 9.30 AM to 6.00 PM during the working days. You can also email them at [email protected]. NTA has also released different helplines for candidates making payment through different banks.