Home » Posts tagged 'NEET Application form correction'
Tag Archives: NEET Application form correction
The application form correction window of NEET-UG 2020 is open yet again. Aspirants who have appeared in the exam on 13th September can correct a few details again by visiting the official website. Adding to it, the NEET 2020 Result is likely to be out by 12th October.
The National Testing Agency (NTA) published a notice regarding this decision as most aspirants faced hardships to access NEET Form Corrections window earlier.
Aspirants who have taken the NEET 2020 UG can make the corrections online on the official portal – www.ntaneet.nic.in. The deadline for form correction is 30th September 2020, until 5 pm. Aspirants can, however, pay the fee only by 11.50 pm on 30th September. Scrolling down, you will find the details about the fields that can be corrected.
NEET Form Correction: What Fields Can Be Corrected?
With this facility, specific details can be corrected by the candidates once again on the official website. Mentioned below are the particulars on the NEET UG 2020 registration form that NTA is allowing to make corrections are:
- Name of Mother
- Name of Father
- Candidate’s Gender
- Candidate’s Category
- Mention Disability (if any)
- State Code of Eligibility
- Nationality of the Candidate
For other updates related to NEET 2020, aspirants must visit the NEET’s official portal. Aspirants can also contact the following numbers for any queries related to NEET UG 2020 exam – 8700028512, 8178359845, 9650173668, 9599676953, 8882356803.
Live Update: Within the existing reservation in undergraduate medical courses, the Tamil Nadu cabinet has approved a 7.5% quota. This quota has been approved for government higher secondary schools’ candidates passing NEET 2020. The Cabinet meeting, which was headed by Chief Minister K. Palaniswami at the Secretariat, voted in favor of granting approval to the six companies who proposed an investment of Rs 5000 crore to Tamil Nadu.
As per the official sources, “The Quota within Quota covers government seats in private colleges too.”
After seeking exemption from NEET-UG, Tamil Nadu had faced stiff from the opposition including Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK), citing the welfare of students, especially from rural areas.
Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, NEET 2020 is all set to be taken by 16.84 lakh candidates on September 13, 2020. NEET Form correction window is open till July 20th, 2020 for the candidates to make corrections with respect to their exam centers, photographs and signatures.
NTA will conduct the exam conforming to all the necessary measures and maximum safety guidelines issued by the government.
The deadline to make corrections in application forms of NEET and other exams has been extended by NTA. The form correction window which was supposed to be opened till July 15, 2020, will remain open till July 20, 2020, now.
The form correction facility for NEET and other exams such as JEE, UC NET, IGNOU OPENMAT, Ph.D., etc will remain open till 20th July to make corrections in exam centers, photographs, signatures, and so on.
Check out NEET Photo Size Format and Guidelines
The decision to extend the deadline comes from the fact that “Some of the candidates have uploaded Photograph/ Signature which is illegible or has uploaded Photographs with Mask; such candidates are advised to upload clear photograph/signature of the desired specification (as detailed in Annexure – A) to avoid cancellation of their candidature.” says NTA.
Earlier this month NTA revised NEET exam dates owing to the pandemic of COVID-19. The exam will now be conducted on September 13, 2020. Similarly, JEE Main will be conducted from September 1 to September 6, 2020.
For further information and queries, candidates can contact the NTA authority at the following number, 8287471852, 8178359845, 9650173668, 9599676953 and 8882356803 or by visiting the official website at nta.ac.in.
Latest Update: NTA has re-opened the NEET 2020 Application Form Correction Window 2020 on July 4, 2020. The aspirants have the flexibility to modify their application form and exam centers (if required) till 20th July 2020. Along with this, NEET 2020 is rescheduled for 13th September 2020. Check here for live updates
NEET 2020 Application Form was available till January 6, 2020. Application Form corrections of NEET 2020 were initially allowed from January 14 to January 31, 2020. Window has been re-opened multiple times since the pandemic of COVID-19.
NEET Application Form Correction: Live Updates
- 15 July, 2020: NTA has extended the deadline for making corrections in NEET Application form till July 20, 2020. Read More
- 3 July 2020: NTA has re-opened the correction facility for NEET 2020 Application Form. Changing exam centre cities is also allowed in correction facility. NEET Form Correction Facility will be open till 15th July 2020.
- 15 May 2020: NEET Application Correction Form Window was reopened till 31 May 2020 up to 5 PM. The students should submit the fees within 11.50 PM.
- 10 April 2020: The aspirants were capable to change their exam centers (if required), through application form correction facility.
The students can download the NEET Admit Card 15 days prior to the NEET 2020 exam date.
- Not just the preferable exam centers, but you can modify the date of birth, state code of eligibility, category and disability status (if applicable), gender.
- Moreover, if you need to make any modification in the application form, then the applicants should pay additional fee through net banking/credit card/ debit card (within the mentioned time frame).
- Additionally, if you find any discrepancies in the prescribed format of signature and NEET photograph, you should login the application portal to re-upload the photographs and signatures.
To make changes in NEET Application Form 2020, Click Here
NEET 2020 Correction Window Dates
|Availability of application form||December 2, 2019|
|Last date of registration||January 6, 2020|
|NEET Application Form Correction Closes||20th July, 2020 (Re-opened)|
|Application form re-opened||February 3rd to 9th (Closed)|
|Exam Dates||13th September 2020|
|Admit Card available from||10 – 15 days prior to the exam|
Check | NEET 2020 Exam Dates
NEET 2020 Application Form Correction
Out of inexperience and confusion, mistakes happen by the candidates most of the time during the application form fill up process. To make changes in the NEET application form, NTA provided the facility of NEET Application Form correction window. As, It is a one time opportunity, candidates are advised to verify every detail atleast twice before submitting the form. To rectify the mistakes, the applicants require to visit the official website of NEET that is ntaneet.nic.in and should need to do the changes accordingly.
- The aspirants should remember that no more facility will be given after the closing of the correction window. Hence, they are advised to check all the necessary details carefully before submitting the application form.
- On the other hand, the aspirants will not be able to change the registered email id and contact number. They can make changes only the following particulars:
|Name of the candidate||Date of birth (DOB)|
|Gender||State code of eligibility|
|Category||Status of disability (if applicable)|
|Medium of NEET 2020 Examination||Examination center of NEET 2020|
- If the candidates need to modify or edit the form, they need to provide additional fee for the form correction process. They need to remit the balance fee before submitting the NEET 2020 Application form.
- In order to pay additional fee for the NEET application form correction process, the applicants require to pay it through debit card/credit card or through net banking.
Corrections in NEET Application Form
The students will get the opportunity to correct their application form (if required) only for once). Hence, you are advised to cross check the form before the final submission. Find the content of the following table in order to understand the details, than an aspirant can change in the application form:
|Fields||Correction Allowed For||Correction Not Allowed For|
|Identification Identity||Who have applied for NEET with IDs other than Aadhaar card||Who used Aadhar Card for NEET Application Form|
|Date of Birth||Who used IDs other than Aadhar Card||Who used Aadhaar Card for NEET Application Form|
|Gender||Who used IDs other than Aadhar Card||Who used Aadhaar Card for NEET Application Form|
|Examination Center||Tripura candidates, on the basis of language selection||None except the ones who belong to Tripura|
|State Code of Eligibility||Everyone can edit these fields|
|Percentage of Marks obtained in Qualifying Examination|
|Name of Parents|
An additional fee will be charged in case of correction in applicants’ category, payable via Debit/Credit Card or Net Banking/UPI/PAYTM.
The candidates should not be worried as correction in the application form will not affect the candidature and the merit list of them. You should take a copy of print out of the correction slip for future reference. NTA will not make any correspondence in this context.
Above changes will not affect the merit and candidate status. The candidates must be very careful while making corrections as they got opportunity only once to correct in a single window.
How to Correct NEET 2020 Application Form?
Due to nationwide lockdown and Covid 19 pandemic, NTA has decided to delay the examination date. They extended the application form correction tenure. It has been extended till 20th July, 2020.
Correction window guide of NEET 2020 Application Form:
- First, visit the Official Site i.e. ntaneet.ac.in
- Then, click on Candidate Login
- Third, enter your registration number and password
- Afterward, click on the link for correction
- Next, correct your filled details in the application form
- Once you complete the correction, you should check it once before final submission. You need to cross-check your modification in the preview section.
- Now, you can see the corrections in ‘Red’ colour. After you complete the verification, you have to provide the one time password (OTP). You receive the OTP on your registered contact number.
- Click ‘Final Submission’.
- Lastly, download a self-generated correction slip for future reference.
Candidates should correct their particulars carefully as no second-time correction opportunity will be provided by NTA.
Removing Discrepancy from Uploaded Scanned Images
When the registration process is going on, NTA provides the facility to remove discrepancy from uploaded images (signature & passport size photograph). NTA sends email and SMS to intimate to re-upload the photograph and signature to those candidates who made mistakes while uploading the scanned images in application form.
A brief summary of instructions on uploading images is given below.
- Accepted format – jpg/jpeg/png
- Size of Photograph – 20 KB to 200 KB
- Size of the scanned image of signature should be 4 Kb to 30 Kb and should be in JPG/JPEG format.
- The size of the scanned copy of the left hand thumb impression should be 10 Kb to 50 Kb. And the format of the photograph should be JPG.
- The size of scanned copy of the class 10th certificate should be 100 Kb to 300 Kb. The picture format should be in JPG.
- Lastly, the size of scanned copy of post card size photograph is needed to be in between 50 Kb to 300 Kb and the format should be in JPG.
- Images should be uploaded within the time frame provided by NTA
The candidates should fill the data accurately, since NTA will not give them further chances to rectify the form. Application form correction process offers the candidates to utilise the one time facility. The aspirants will need to re-upload the scanned pictures within three weeks after receiving the email and sms as per the correction form of NTA. Therefore, the aspirants can modify the errors in a proper manner.
How to Change the Exam Center?
Due to the ongoing outbreak of COVID-19 this year, NTA has provided the option to change the NEET exam center in the NEET Application form correction window.
- Visit the official website and login with your credentials.
- Click on “NEET Application form Correction”.
- Rectify your mistakes in the application form.
- Change your exam center and then submit.
What to Keep in Mind while You Modify the Exam Center?
If the candidates move to a new location after completing their registration, then they must change the exam center during the application correction tenure. Since, they might choose the exam center as per their previous address. NTA offers such flexibility to the candidates to rectify their new preferable exam center, as per their convenience (if applicable).
In order to change the new exam center, the candidates should keep in mind a few important things. You should go through the following content to get a clear idea about it.
- The exam center should be the nearby location to their residential area.
- It will help them to reach the exam date within time.
- They do not face any hassle regarding transport
- Choose the nearest location and you should need to be stressed free.
- Since, the correction form is your final call, therefore, you should check it carefully and fill the form wisely before you submit the final one. Once you submit, you will not get the permission to correct it again.
Guidelines to Reupload the Photographs in NEET 2020 Application Form
Since, you will not get the opportunity to correct the application again, you should carefully fill the form. Read the following guidelines in order to understand the steps of uploading the photographs:
- The aspirants should upload the scanned image of the photograph either in jpg/png format.
- The photograph size must lie in between 20 Kb and 200 Kb.
- You should upload your colour photograph
- Kindly note it down that you do not need to upload a photo with a dark background. The background should be plain.
- The aspirants do not need to upload pictures with caps or goggles
- Try to avoid rotating and tilting the picture.
Ans. One should follow the below mentioned steps:
- Go to the official website of NEET
- Open the ‘Candidates Login’ link
- Submit the registration number and password
- Click the correction link
- Now, you are able to modify the application, as per your requirements.
Ans. The general candidates have to pay INR 1500, whereas both the GEN-EWS and OBC aspirants have to pay INR 1400. Apart from this, the SC/ST/PwD and transgender candidates have to pay INR 800.
Ans. Yes, the candidates would get the flexibility to change their address in the correction form.
Ans. Yes, the aspirants are eligible to change the exam. In order to change the exam center, the students need to visit the official website and will find the correction option at the footer section of the website.
Ans. The Helpdesk number of NEET is 0120-6895200. You can contact them from 9.30 AM to 6.00 PM during the working days.