Home » Posts tagged 'NEET 2021 Exam Pattern'
Tag Archives: NEET 2021 Exam Pattern
As the dates for NEET 2021 have been announced and less than 2 months are left for the exam, the aspirants are advised to enhance their preparation by taking NEET mock tests and practicing NEET Sample Papers 2021 as much as possible. There will be more than 15 lakh applicants for NEET 2021 with intake in good colleges close to only 1 lakh. Due to such high competition, the success rate in NEET is only around 4-5%. Hence, the preparations have to justify the high standards of this exam. In fact, top scorers are even eligible for NEET Scholarships.
We want to make sure that you have an apt amount of practice material and hence, we have provided a few NEET 2021 Sample Papers here. It helps you to understand the NEET 2021 Exam pattern.
What is the Updated NEET 2021 Exam Pattern?
NEET 2021 exam pattern has been updated. NTA has introduced optional questions in Section B of all 3 sections. Candidates will be required to attempt 10 out of 15 questions in the Section B. The duration of NEET 2021 exam is 3 hours and the number of questions amounts to 180. In the NEET 2021 exam pattern, all the questions are MCQ’s. 4 marks are allotted for each correct answer and minus 1 for every wrong answer. The breakup of the question paper is as follows: 50 (45 to be attempted) Physics, 50 (45 to be attempted) Chemistry and 100 Biology (Botany + Zoology- 90 to be attempted). Syllabus of the paper is that of class 11th and 12th and is the same as the previous year’s syllabus.
NEET Sample Papers 2021
Candidates can click on links for the NEET 2021 sample papers download:-
|NEET Previous Year Sample Papers||Download Question Papers|
|NEET Sample Paper 1||Download Here|
|NEET Sample Paper 1-Solution||Download Here|
|NEET Sample Paper 2||Download Here|
|NEET Sample Paper 2- Solution||Download Here|
|NEET Sample Paper 3 (Ques Only)||Download Here|
|NEET Sample Paper 4 & Solutions||Download Here|
|NEET Sample Paper 5 & Solutions||Download Here|
|NEET Sample Paper 6 & Solutions||Download Here|
|NEET Sample Paper 7 & Solutions||Download Here|
|NEET Sample Paper 8 & Solutions||Download Here|
|Sample OMR Sheet||Download Here|
How to Use These NEET Question Papers and Sample Papers?
- If possible, get these papers printed. You will be taking the examination in Pen and Paper mode, which is comparatively time consuming.
- You can also download a sample OMR Sheet (given above), get it printed and practice on it. This will increase your speed over an OMR and give you some extra edge.
- The aspirants are advised to set an alarm of 3 hours, so that you seriously complete the exam within the given time frame.
- Keep a stopwatch with you. Give equal time to each section. Practicing with a stopwatch shows how quick or slow you are.
- You should keep away your mobile phone or any other gadgets in order to avoid any sort of distraction.
- The candidates will need to check the marked answers and need to start revision when they attempt all the questions. You should start this process after 2 hours 30 minutes have passed.
- It is also advisable to always study on the table and chair. Ensure your chair is not too comfortable. This way you prepare yourself for the exam-like situation.
- Tips to Crack NEET 2021
- Stressed out Because of Lockdown? Here’s How to Stay Motivated During NEET 2021 Preparation
Who Should Prepare from NEET 2021 Sample Papers?
- NEET 2021 sample papers are essential for NEET MBBS and BDS candidates who are planning to sit for the coming up NEET exam.
- Aspirants who are in class 11 or 12 and will be appearing for NEET exam in future.
- Teachers who teach NEET candidates.
Why to Practice from NEET Sample Papers 2021?
Practicing from NEET 2021 Sample Papers is quite vital for NEET UG aspirants. They are considered to be the best source to practice for NEET subjects in detail. NEET Sample Papers 2021 are based on previous year exams and prepared by subject experts.
- As per the statement of the experts, the aspirants should practice the NEET previous years question papers as much as possible. It will give you a clear understanding about the question papers. You can get detailed information about the difficulty level of the questions, total allocation of time, marking scheme and the other required details.
- Based on the NEET Sample Papers 2021 and solutions, the aspirants can understand the NEET important topics for 2021. You should keep those points in mind when you will revise your topics.
- The candidates will be able to understand the actual environment of NEET 2021 entrance exam. It will lead to minimise the stress level and your anxiety.
- According to Anand Nagrajan, TIME, “Solving a number of NEET 2021 sample papers based on the NEET 2021 exam will give students the feel and the pinch of negative marking”.
- Once the students are complete to solve the questions, they will need to analyze the answers. It will help them to identify their weak points.
- Positive performance in solving the NEET 2021 sample papers will boost up your confidence level.
- NEET Sample Papers 2021 will be beneficial to lead you on the right track, and the aspirants can prepare with best NEET 2021 preparation tips.
What are the Steps of Analysing the Performance by Using the NEET 2021 Sample Paper?
Once you complete the NEET 2021 Sample Paper PDF practicing, you should measure your performance to find out your preparation level.
- First, you should match the marked answers and NEET 2021 sample papers solutions to identify the results.
- Now, you have to estimate the total number of correct and incorrect answers.
- Go through the NEET Exam pattern 2021 given above to find out your obtained score from the practice test.
- In the next step, the aspirants will need to multiply the total correct answers with 4 and total wrong answers with 1.
- Your obtaining marks will be out of 720 (total marks). Better you analyse your answer, you should follow the following formula:
NEET Score = (All the correct answers * 4 – All the incorrect answers*1)
- Want to Start Preparation for NEET 2021? Check Smart Study Plan Here
- Preparation Tips for Chemistry Section
How are NEET Sample Papers by NTA useful?
- NEET 2021 sample papers aid the candidates to understand how the NEET question paper is made and what exactly will be the NEET 2021 exam pattern.
- Questions are MCQ type and it should be practiced using NEET 2021 sample papers again and again. This practice will help you understand what to expect in the actual exam.
- To use the NEET 2021 sample papers efficiently, candidates need to solve the papers in exam conditions, that means sitting alone quietly, and following the same time limits as in the actual exam.
- Candidates should also take care of negative marks when evaluating their sample paper. This will give a correct picture of the scores.
- By practicing NEET 2021 sample papers, aspirants come to know their weak and strong areas in all subjects.
- Being familiar with their strengths and weaknesses students get direction in their preparation as they can know where to put more determination. It can help them in improving and gaining speed and accuracy.
NEET 2021: Quick Tips for Preparation
The aspirants should go through the following preparation tips while you will prepare for NEET 2021 exam:
- Need to have clear understanding about NEET 2021 Syllabus: The aspirants should know the details about three mandatory subjects (Physics, Biology and Chemistry), before solving the NEET 2021 sample papers. Unless you do not have in-depth or clear knowledge about the subjects or NEET 2021 syllabus, preparation of sample papers will be a total waste of time.
- Best books for NEET 2021: To clear your concept, the aspirants should read from NCERT books of class XI and XII thoroughly. Most of the questions are directly coming from NCERT books. Afterward, for improving your problem-solving skills, you can read Best Books for NEET 2021.
- Follow the experts’ guidelines: The aspirants can check the interviews of the NEET toppers. It will help them to build clarity on the concepts. For instance, the aspirants should follow the interview of Bhavik Bansal. According to the toppers, NEET 2019 AIR 2, the candidates should build their concepts from NCERT books.
- Build clear understanding about the weightage of the topics: Next, the aspirants should know the NEET chapter wise weightage and important topics. Hence, the aspirants will be able to give extra focus on the high weightage chapters and topics. Consequently, they can get high scores in the NEET 2021 exam.
1. Is there a reduction in NEET 2021 syllabus?
Answer: No, NEET 2021 syllabus has not been reduced.
Is the application form for NEET 2021 released?
Answer: Yes, application forms for NEET 2021 have been released.
Will NEET 2021 be conducted in CBT mode?
Answer: No, NEET 2021 will be conducted in pen and paper mode.
When is the last date for filling up the NEET 2021 application form?
Answer: The last date for submitting NEET 2021 application form is August 6, 2021.
NTA has released the updated exam pattern for NEET 2021. Detailed information related to marking scheme, number of questions, exam mode, exam duration, question type, the language of paper etc. have been released in the information brochure published by NTA. Candidates can get all the required information about the modified exam pattern from this article.
- NEET mode of examination: NEET 2021 is an offline test that will contain 200 MCQ, out of which 180 questions have to be attempted. There will be internal choice in questions. Each question will carry 4 marks each. The mode of the exam will be pen and paper. First, the aspirants will get a rough booklet and then they will have to mark the code of the test booklet on the OMR sheet.
- NEET Total marks: 720
- NEET syllabus: The NEET 2021 Syllabus covers the topics of Class XI and XII syllabus. Entire Syllabus is broadly divided into three sections: Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany and Zoology). Syllabus has not been reduced.
- Medium of NEET 2021 Question Paper: NEET 2021 will be conducted in 13 different languages. They are English, Tamil, Gujarati, Telugu, Assamese, Hindi, Oriya, Marathi, Kannada, Malayalam, Punjabi, Urdu and Bengali.
- Marking scheme of NEET 2021 Exam: Candidates will get +4 marks for every correct answer, and -1 marks for each wrong answer.
- NEET Exam Duration: The candidates will get 3 hours time to attempt questions. For getting an idea about the questions, you can check NEET Sample Papers.
NEET 2021 Exam Pattern Overview
Let’s take a look at some key details about NEET Exam Pattern 2021-
|RESULT OF QUESTION||IMPACT|
|Popularly known as||NEET 2021|
|Conducted by||NTA, MCI|
|Total Number of questions||200|
|Number of questions to be Attempted||180|
|Type of questions||Multiple choice questions (MCQs)|
|Mode of examination||Offline (Pen and paper based)|
|Sections||Four (Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology)|
|Duration of exam||3 hours|
|Negative marking||Yes (-1 mark)|
Number of Questions and Section-Wise Marks Distribution
As per NEET Exam Pattern, all the sections will be divided into Section A and B. All questions from Section A will be compulsory while Section B will have 15 questions, out of which candidates will be required to attempt any 10. The aspirants have to answer a total of 180 questions.
|Section||No. of Question|
|Physics||Section A: 35 Section B: 15|
|Chemistry||Section A: 35 Section B: 15|
|Biology(Zoology + Botany)|
|Botany||Section A: 35 Section B: 15|
|Zoology||Section A: 35 Section B: 15|
NEET 2021 Exam Pattern: Marking Scheme
Candidates can score +4 marks for each correct answer. There will be a negative marking. 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
- No marks will be deducted if the candidate does not attempt the question.
- It is necessary to use a blue/black ball point pen to mark the answer.
- You should not mark more than one answer into the OMR sheet. It will lead you towards negative marking.
The marking scheme has been given in a simplified manner in the table below:
|RESULT OF QUESTION||IMPACT|
|Correct Answer||+4 marks|
|Incorrect Answer||-1 mark|
|Not Answered||0 marks|
NEET 2021 Exam Pattern: Language Option
NEET 2021 question paper will be provided in 13 languages. The default language is English. However, the candidates can also choose their regional language at the time of filling the NEET 2021 Application form.
The table given below shows different languages in which the exam is offered:
- Candidates can choose their preferred language at the time of filling the NEET 2021 Application form. The aspirants cannot do any modification after the final submission of form even during the application form correction window.
- Candidates opting for English language will be given question papers in English only.
- Candidates opting for language other than English will be given a bilingual question paper. The candidates can choose English and any other language.
- Selection of regional/vernacular languages is subject to their respective state limits. Language of a particular region cannot be opted in any other region.
Options of languages, as per their respective region, are shown below:-
|English||All over India|
|English and Hindi||All over India|
|English and Assamese||Exam Centers in Assam|
|English and Bengali||Exam Centers in West Bengal, Anadaman and Nicobar Islands, Tripura|
|English and Gujarati||Exam Centers in Gujarat, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu|
|English and Marathi||Exam Centers in Maharashtra|
|English and Tamil||Exam Centers in Tamil Nadu, Anadaman and Nicobar Islands and Puducherry|
|English and Telugu||Exam Centers in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana|
|English and Malayalam||Exam Centres in Kerala and Lakshadweep|
|English and Punjabi||Exam Centres in Punjab, Delhi and Chandigarh|
|English and Kannada||Exam Centers in Karnataka|
|English and Odia||Exam Centers in Odisha|
|English and Urdu||All Over India|
How to Calculate NEET Score?
The process for calculating NEET 2021 score is given below.
- NEET score= (Correct answers*4)-(Incorrect answers*1)
- Normalization method is used for nullifying the effects of varying difficulty level of question papers in different exam sessions.
NEET Paper Analysis
As per the analysis of NEET previous years question papers, the aspirants should go through the section wise observations:
Physics Paper Analysis
- Physics is considered to be the most difficult section in the NEET exam.
- Most weightage carrying section in Physics is Mechanics
- You might get 9-10 questions from electrodynamics
- Most of questions from this section will be lengthy and will involve calculations
- It is difficult to remember all the formulas. Hence, note it down in one place and read it regularly to memories them with ease.
Pro tip: Do not leave the ‘Points to Ponder’ section at the end of every chapter. You should practice the examples of NCERT books.
Chemistry Paper Analysis
- Chemistry questions are moderately difficult sections in the NEET exam.
- The aspirants might face more application based questions.
- Last year, students had to answer more questions from class XII NEET exam syllabus.
- The weightage of organic chemistry is more than the inorganic chemistry. Approximately 16-17 questions come from organic chemistry.
- Few of the questions are coming from two different concepts (together).
Pro Tip: The aspirants should give added attention for coordination compounds and chemical bonding. These sections carry most of the weightage. To clear your concept, read NCERT thoroughly.
Biology Paper Analysis
- Compared to the other two sections, Biology is the easiest one in NEET exam
- The students will face 45 questions from each section, Zoology and Botany
- Maximum questions of Biology are asked from NCERT. Hence, you should give extra attention to it instead of spending much time on the reference books.
Pro Tip: Human Physiology has a high weightage. Apart from this, Genetics will be another important chapter. Both the chapters cover approximately 30 questions in Biology.
You Might Like
NEET Exam Pattern And Syllabus
The following tables highlight the NEET 2021 Syllabus in a detailed manner:
NEET 2021 Physics Syllabus
|Physics – Class 11th||Physics – Class 12th|
|Work, Energy and Power||Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation|
|Properties of Bulk Matter||Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents|
|Physical world and measurement||Atoms and Nuclei|
|Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory||Electronic Devices|
|Laws of Motion||Current Electricity|
|Oscillations and Waves||Electromagnetic Waves|
|Properties of Bulk Matter||Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism|
|Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body||–|
- Preparation Tips to Ace Physics section
- Online Study Material for Physics Section
- NEET 2021: Preparation Tips and Strategies
NEET 2021 Chemistry Syllabus
|Chemistry – Class 11th||Chemistry – Class 12th|
|Structure of Atom||Polymers|
|Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry||Chemistry in Everyday Life|
|Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure||Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen|
|Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties||Biomolecules|
|States of Matter: Gases and Liquids||Electrostatics|
|Redox Reactions||Alcohols, Phenols, and Ethers|
|Equilibrium||Aldehydes, Ketones, and Carboxylic Acid|
|s-Block Element (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)||Coordination Compounds|
|Hydrogen||Haloalkanes and Haloarenes|
|Organic Chemistry – Some Basic Principles and Techniques||d and f Block Elements|
|Some p-Block Elements||p-Block Elements|
|Environmental Chemistry||Surface Chemistry|
|Hydrocarbons||General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements|
NEET 2021 Biology Syllabus
|Biology – Class 11th||Biology – Class 12th|
|Structural Organization in Animals and Plants||Genetics and Evolution|
|Plant Physiology||Biotechnology and Its Applications|
|Diversity in Living World||Reproduction|
|Cell Structure and Function||Biology and Human Welfare|
|Human Physiology||Ecology and environment|
NEET 2021 Important Topics
To meet the NEET 2021 cut off, you should prepare yourself by prioritizing the study schedule. The candidates should emphasize more on the heavy weightage sections. Find the following section to identify the most important topics of each subject:
Important Topics of Physics in NEET 2021
The most important six topics in Physics section are:
- Rigid Body Dynamics
- KTG & Thermodynamics
- Modern Physics
- Wave Optics
Important Topics of Chemistry in NEET 2021
The syllabus of organic chemistry has been increased and has more prominence compared to inorganic chemistry.
- Coordination Compounds
- Organic Chemistry- I
- Chemical Bonding
- Carbonyl Compounds
Important Topics of Biology in NEET 2021
It is known that Biology covers both the Zoology and Botany subjects. Most of the questions of Biology are coming from NCERT.
- Excretory and Nervous System
- Digestive system
- DNA Replication
- Plant Anatomy
- PAGE Theory
- Endocrine System
Also Check NEET Best Books for NEET 2021 Exam Preparation
NEET 2021 Important Instructions
Since NEET 2021 Exam is going to be held once in a year, candidates are advised not to make any silly mistakes that can make them ineligible to appear in NEET 2021.
- Timing of NEET 2021 is from 2 pm to 5 pm
- Entry to the examination hall will start at 12:30 pm. Candidates are advised to reach as early as possible, so that no issue arises. And if there is any issue, it can be solved within stipulated time
- No entry will be allowed after 1:30 pm
- The invigilators will check the candidates admit card and documents from 1:30 pm to 1:45 pm
- The NEET 2021 question papers will be distributed at 1:45 pm
- Rough work has to be done in the test booklet only.
- Candidate must have NEET 2021 Admit Card, passport size photograph and post card size photograph to enter in the examination hall
- There is no provision of re-checking of answer sheet
Instructions to Fill OMR Sheet in NEET 2021 Exam
- To answer the question, the aspirants should fill the OMR sheet with the help of Ball pen. It will be given to them from the exam center.
- Do not forget to mark the test booklet code on the top of the OMR sheet.
- To do rough work, the students should use the space of the test booklet. You should not write anything on the OMR sheet.
- You will not be allowed to change the answers in the OMR Sheet. Also, do not try to erase any information printed on the OMR sheet, otherwise your test might get cancelled.
NEET 2021 Exam Pattern: Frequently Asked Question
Ques: What is the basic exam pattern for NEET 2021?
Ans: The exam pattern for NEET 2021 comprises of various factors given below:
- Exam Mode: Offline (pen and paper based)
- Number of Question: 200
- Number of Questions to be Attempted: 180
- Type of Question: Objective type(there will be four options for each question out of which only one would be the correct answer).
- Exam Duration: 3 hours
- Subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Biology(Botany and Zoology)
- Question Paper Language: 13 languages English, Hindi, Tamil, Assamese, Oriya, Kannada, Bengali, Gujarati, Malayalam, Punjabi, Marathi, Telugu and Urdu.
Ques: What is the marking scheme for NEET 2021?
Ans: NEET 2021 marking scheme includes all the marking factors of the exam:
- Total Marks: 720
- Marking Scheme: Four marks will be granted for every correct answer
NEET Negative Marking: One mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
Ques: How many answers could be marked for one question?
Ans: Candidates can mark only one answer for one question. Marking multiple answers can lead to negative marking.
Ques: Which color pen can candidates use to mark their answers?
Ans: Candidates can either use blue or black ball point pen to mark their answers. If they fail to do so, they might be disqualified.
Ques: How many MBBS seats are vacant in India?
Ans: As per the data delivered by MCI (Medical Council of India), there are 462 colleges offering MBBS and there are about 63835 seats.
Ques: Are there any changes made by NTA in the exam pattern for NEET 2021 examination?
Ans: Yes, NEET 2021 has been changed and internal choices have been introduced.
Ques: For how long the result of NEET 2021 is valid?
Ans: NEET 2021 result will hold its validity for the academic session 2021-2022 only.
Ques: If a student has opted for Hindi or vernacular language in NEET 2021 Test paper, in which language Test Paper will be provided to them?
Ans: In such cases, students will be provided with the test paper in their chosen language and English. In case of any ambiguity in the distributed paper, English version shall be treated as final.
Ques: How many attempts can a candidate make for the NEET exam?
Ans: On the proposal of the Union Health Ministry, MCI now has approved to remove the number of attempts limit from 2020 for NEET entrance examination. There is no cap limit for attempts.
Ques: How many sets of question papers will be distributed for NEET 2021?
Ans: As per the revised rules by MCI and supreme court order, there will be one set for question papers in all languages for NEET 2021.
Ques: What could not be worn for NEET 2021, particularly to avoid cheating?
Ans: Students are not allowed to wear shoes, sunglasses, full sleeves clothes, watches, bracelets, any sort of jewelry, saree and cap. They might get pointed out by the on-duty invigilator who can take actions as per the norms.
Ques: What is the minimum cut off percentile for candidates from all categories?
Ans: Minimum 50% cut off is required for general category candidates whereas 40% cut off is needed for SC/ST/OBC candidates to qualify.