Home » Posts tagged 'NEET 2021 Exam Dates'
Tag Archives: NEET 2021 Exam Dates
There was a bit of confusion with whether NEET 2021 to be conducted twice this year. But now, all this confusion has subsided with the declaration of the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare recently. According to them, NEET 2021 will be conducted twice and will be conducted on the lines of JEE Main Exam 2021.However, the schedule of the examination is not finalised yet.
NEET 2021: Why will it be conducted twice?
The Health Ministry officials recently met with their counterparts from the Education Ministry and the National Testing Agency. Various issues were discussed on – Online and Offline modes of the NEET 2021 exam and multiple sessions.
A senior official in the medical education department of the Health Ministry said – “While we felt that a large number of NEET aspirants still may not be ready for appearing in the examination in online mode, there is now a consensus on conducting the test twice this year”.
If NEET 2021 is conducted twice a year, it will allow the aspirants to be ranked on the basis of the best score out of two attempts. The same format has been followed in the JEE Main exam since last year. According to a NTA official, this format of NEET 2021 exam will destress the students and will allow them to improve upon their last score.
Last week, Mr. Ramesh Pokhariyal Nishank during an interview to a TV channel, had confirmed that officials from the Education and Health Ministry had a lengthy meeting on the various issues faced by the students. They discussed the topic of NEET to be conducted twice in a year.
NEET is usually conducted in the first week of May every year. But due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it was delayed till September last year. Hence, the National Testing Agency is yet to release the dates for the exam this year. Now, aspirants are at least little relieved after knowing about this recent update on the NEET 2021 exam.
There is a constant worry among parents and students about the NEET 2021 dates. The Education Ministry has not clarified on delaying the announcement of the exam. This has led to worries among the NEET 2021 aspirants as they are not sure whether the exam will take place before the 12th boards or not. Even if it is delayed, a declaration from the Education Ministry will help them to plan accordingly. Many parents and students are curious as to why there is a delay in any announcement on NEET 2021, meanwhile JEE Main 2021 is already accepting applications.
Why Are NEET Aspirants Worried?
Mr. Ramesh Pokhriyal (Nishank) has already declared the dates of the JEE Main 2021 and JEE Advanced 2021. These exams will happen as per schedule.
But for NEET 2021 there are no notifications, and neither the authorities are coming clean on when they will release the notifications. Hence, there’s worry among the aspirants and parents about the fate of the NEET 2021 exam.
Some of the major queries among students are mentioned below-
1.What will be the NEET Paper Pattern?
Many NEET 2021 students are unsure about their NEET syllabus and NEET 2021 Exam Pattern. The Honorable Education Minister, Mr. Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ has already stated that there will be reduction of the syllabus. But there is no clarity on the final topics which is to be declared by NTA.
2.What will be the age limit for the NEET 2021 exam?
Students have questions on the NEET age limit as well. As per existing norms, the lower age limit for admissions is 17 years.
3.When is NEET 2021 going to be conducted by NTA?
According to Mr. Ramesh Pokhriyal, NEET 2021 will not get cancelled. But there are no notifications about the exam yet.
4.Will NEET be conducted twice a year?
The Education Minister has recently announced that the JEE Main 2021 will take place 4 times – February, March, April, May. So, various NEET 2021 aspirants are suggesting to make the exam available two times a year. This will give an opportunity to them to attempt the exam twice.
5.What are the provisions for the NEET 2020 dropouts?
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, many students did not take the exam last year. So, aspirants who want to appear this year have questions about their applications.
6.Will the NEET 2021 be conducted offline again?
The Education Ministry will consider the option to conduct the exam online. But having said that, the authorities have said that conducting such a popular exam online in this pandemic will require robust infrastructure which they don’t have yet.
What are the reactions of NEET 2021 aspirants so far?
Many parents and students are stressed due to delay in notifying about the NEET 2021 exam dates. Many have moved to social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook to express their concerns.
Likewise many aspirants shared their concerns with the Education Minister. One more candidate requested to conduct the exam online and also asked about the syllabus.
Aspirants are now eagerly waiting for the Education Ministry to come forward and break the suspense over the NEET 2021 exam dates, syllabus and exam mode. This will lessen all their worries so that they can plan accordingly.
NEET is one of the important entrance examinations of our country. The National Testing Agency (NTA) is most likely to conduct NEET 2021 on 02nd May, 2021. Therefore, even from now onwards, students have a great amount of time for the preparations and an opportunity to score 600+ in NEET 2021.
Many aspirants wish to be in the top ranks and score 600+ in NEET 2021 while others getting a score 600+ in NEET seems like an unachievable dream. Yes, it is a dream but not an unachievable one. In 2020, 2 students even managed to score 720 out of 720 marks. Scoring such marks requires a lot of dedication, hard work, and sacrifices. NEET 2021 preparations must be thorough and complete. So, if you are a student who dreams of being among the top rankers. If you are a student who needs last-minute tips to prepare for scoring 600+ marks in NEET 2021 examination. Then you should further read this article.
Prepare to Score 600+ in NEET 2021 with these Tips
The preparation for NEET 2021 or any other examination must begin with goal setting which is the most important part of any examination. It helps us to gain and keep the focus on the things we want to achieve, in this case, achieve a 600+ score in NEET 2021 exam.
Now that you have set your goal i.e. 600+ in NEET 2021, let’s move to some NEET 2021 Preparation tips that you can apply in your study routine to achieve a score 600+ in NEET 2021 exam.
Tip 1: Know about NEET 2021 Syllabus
When you have set your goal, the next step is to know your syllabus.
- It will help you know the important topics of NEET 2021 syllabus and set your time according to your weak topics and strong topics.
- Give your time to the weak topics and learn it and keep practicing the stronger ones.
- Do not skip a chapter just because it is hard. Also, try to cover all the important topics of NEET 2021 syllabus.
Tip 2: Jot Down Key Words and Points
When you dream of scoring 600+ in the NEET 2021 exam, it becomes essential to work smartly.
- Jotting down key words and points that are important to a particular topic in a small book can be an effective technique to remember effectively in a short period of time.
- Next time when you want to go through a particular topic you don’t have to go through an entire topic but thorough the NEET reference book of your keywords and points.
- Jotting down can be done in the form of mind- maps, summary or a list.
Tip 3: Know about NEET 2021 Exam Pattern
You have studied well, made key points, now it’s time to know the NEET 2021 exam pattern. The exam pattern will help you know more about the NEET 2021 you are appearing for. Here is the NEET 2021 exam pattern.
|Marking scheme||+4 for correct answers, -1 for incorrect answers|
|Number of questions||180|
The marking scheme for NEET 2021 is 4 correct answers and -1 for each negative answer. The total number of questions is 180. From this, you can figure out how many correct answers you need to give to score 600+ in NEET 2021 exam keeping negative marking in mind. Always aim to get more correct answers than the needed number.
Check | NEET 2021 Paper Analysis
Tip 4: NEET Mock Tests
Now that you have studied and learned, it is important to know how much you have retained and what topics you still need to work on.
- Taking NEET mock tests helps you know where you stand with your preparations.
- The tests also help you to know about the topics you still need to work on.
- NEET mock tests are available online or you can ask your teacher for the same.
Check | NEET 2021 Sample Papers
Tip 5: Solve NEET Previous Years Papers
- Solving NEET previous years papers gives you insights about important topics of NEET 2021 Syllabus based on the questions asked in past years.
- They help you analyze the way the question is going to be asked and you will be prepared. The papers also help you to revise too.
- Solve the papers when you are absolutely done with your NEET 2021 syllabus and there is nothing there but to revise. You can get NEET Previous Years Papers online.
Tip 6: Revise
Practising is the key to achieving a score of 600+ in NEET 2021 exam. You should keep revising until the day of the NEET 2021 examination. Devise a NEET 2021 Revision plan a few days before the examination.
- Every week take out a subject and revise what you learned until now. Repeat for weeks to come by.
- The week before the exam you should strictly revise with the help of the keyword book you prepared.
This way you will be able to remember efficiently and smartly. You can use flashcards, NEET mock tests online, or any other study material suitable for you to revise.
Tip 7: Do it Everyday
All your hard work will go in vain if you are not consistent.
- Get up and prepare every day.
- Do not ever go a day without studying.
- If you don’t feel like learning, revise something.
- Reduce your hours if your daily hours seem too much but do not skip it.
- Make a timetable and stick to it.
These are days when procrastinating should never be chosen.
Tip 8: Believe in Yourself
The road to achieving a score of 600+ in NEET 2021 is full of bumps and blocks. It is not an easy task to achieve such a big dream. There will be times when you will feel like giving up.
- Believe in yourself and believe that you have put hours and hours to succeed.
- Believe that if you set your mind onto something you will achieve it.
- Be confident and believe in your hard work.
At the end of the day, you should always choose what is best for you and choose ways that serve you best. These were a few tips that can help you prepare to achieve 600+ marks in NEET 2021. Always remember,
“A dream does not become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination, and hard work.”
NEET 2021 will most probably be conducted on May 2, 2021 and candidates must adhere to all the general NEET 2021 exam day guidelines and COVID-19 related guidelines as well. For smooth conduction, aspirants are duly abided by NEET 2021 exam day Instructions by NTA. NEET 2021 exam day comes with a lot of anxiety; and pressure might cause any normal individual to forget certain very important things which end up as tragic outcomes. keeping yourself absolutely prepared for the day is the only way of overcoming it.
- NEET 2021 Exam day guidelines are also printed on the NEET 2021 Admit Card and non-compliance of which will mean disqualification of the candidate, and will not be allowed to enter NEET Exam Center.
- NEET 2021 Admit Card is most likely to be released in April 2021 by NTA. You can download the admit card by entering your login credentials.
Knowing dress code, exam schedule, time slot, guidelines are very much important. To ensure that you remember these key points, keep on reading this article to know more about NEET 2021 Exam Day Instructions, guidelines, and documents to carry to avoid any hassle.
NEET 2021 Exam Day Schedule
To be well prepared for NEET 2021, aspirants must be aware of the exam day schedule. NEET 2021 Exam Day Schedule is a crucial part of the instructions for the NEET 2021 exam day as it reflects the details of how the exam will be carried out. Aspirants should prepare accordingly for the NEET 2021 exam.
|Particulars||Date & Time|
|NEET 2021 Exam Date||02nd May, 2021 (Tentative)|
|Duration of Exam||2:00 PM to 5:00 PM (3 hours)|
|Last entry in the examination hall||1:30 PM|
|Sitting in the examination room||1:15 PM|
|Announcement of Important Instructions and Checking of Admit Cards by the Invigilator||1:30 PM to 1:45 PM|
|Distribution of the test booklet||1:45 PM|
|Writing of particulars on the Test Booklet by the candidates||1:50 PM|
|Commencement of examination||2:00 PM|
|Test Concludes||5:00 PM|
Read | NEET 2021 Exam Dates
NEET 2021 COVID-19 Safety Guidelines Issued by NTA
All the candidates must go through the COVID-19 advisory released by NTA.
Pre-Examination Controls/ Measures
- Candidates are required to maintain space as per the social distancing norms.
- Different Examination Time Slot is to be printed as “Slot time” such as 11.00 A.M, 11.30 A.M.
- The location link will be provided in the NEET 2021 admit card so that candidates can check the location of their exam centers.
- Candidates will be required to carry a self-declaration along with NEET admit card regarding their COVID free health status.
- If a candidate has a temperature more than the recommendation then he/ she will be sent to the isolation room.
- All the exam centers will sanitize their gates, floors, walls with disinfectant.
- Students will be moved to their exam rooms in groups of 15 boys and 15 girls.
- Candidates can carry their own masks, gloves, small sanitizer bottle, water bottle with them inside the examination hall.
During Examination Controls/ Measures
- Invigilators will sanitize their hands before and afterward.
- Videography/CCTV live streaming will be supervised in each room and Manual Attendance and Handwriting sample will be collected at the candidate seat.
- No thumb impression will be taken.
- The physical movement of Invigilators to be minimized inside the room.
Post Examination Controls
- Only one candidate at a time is permitted to move out in an orderly manner.
- The gloves and masks must be disposed of in a pedal push covered bin.
- Overcrowding to be avoided.
NEET 2021 Exam Day Guidelines – General instructions
- NEET exam centre of the NEET 2021 will be open from 11:30 am till 1:30 pm before which all the candidates are instructed to enter the examination hall.
- No candidate would be allowed to enter the examination hall after 1:30 pm.
- It is mandatory for any candidate to provide/produce the admit card on demand.
- No candidate is allowed to leave the examination hall before 5:00 pm when he/she is instructed to submit the answer sheet to the invigilator.
- A ballpoint pen will be provided for all candidates taking up the exam along with their question and answer booklets.
- Attendance sheets should be signed twice by all those appearing for the examination proving that they actually did take up the national competitive examination without which they’d marked absent.
- The mode of examination is offline where a candidate gets to bubble the correct answer on the OMR sheet.
- Only one OMR sheet per person would be provided.
- The duration of the examination is a total of 3 hours.
- No aspirant is permitted to talk or discuss anything inside the exam hall until the commencement of the exam.
- 7 common mistakes to avoid in NEET 2021
- Stressed Out Because Of Lockdown? Here’s How To Stay Motivated During NEET 2021 Preparation
Documents Required at the NEET Exam Center
- Admit Card: Candidate must carry the NEET 2021 Admit Card at the exam centre. It will be released 15 days prior to the exam date. Passport size Photograph should be affixed on it.
- Passport Size Photograph: Candidates need to carry multiple Passport Size photographs. The photograph must be the same as on the Application form.
- Aadhaar Card: Candidates need to carry the Aadhaar card as the Identity Proof. Candidates belonging to Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Jammu Kashmir need to carry an Identity Proof like a Ration Card, Voter ID issued by the Government of India, etc. Candidates belong to NRIs, PIOs, Foreign Nationals, and OCIs they need to carry a passport.
Note – Candidates taking up the competitive examination are advised to download the admit as soon as it is available and not wait until the last date. A candidate should make sure that they take out a colored printout of their admit card. A recent passport-sized photograph (4”×6”) of the candidate has to be pasted on the admit card against the space for it. The signature of a parent/guardian is mandatory on the admit card.
Things to carry for NEET Exam Centre
- Masks, Hand gloves
- Sanitizers (50 ml)
- Transparent Water Bottle
- NEET 2021 Admit Card
- ID Proof
- Duly filled Undertaking
Things to be Avoided from Carrying at NEET Exam Centre:
- Any electronic devices such as mobile phones, calculators, smart watches, Bluetooth, etc, are banned from the examination hall.
- Common student stationery such as pencil, pen, paper, ink, etc isn’t allowed to be carried.
- Beautifying ornaments with no partiality between metallic or non-metallic like nose pins, earrings, necklace, etc are advised to be avoided.
- Accessories such as cap/hat, belts, goggles, bags, wallet/clutch aren’t allowed.
- Carrying any kind of edible substance is prohibited. Though, candidates suffering from diabetes are allowed to carry pills, water in a transparent bottle with prior information to NTA in their NEET 2021 application form. With no report to NTA via the application, the candidate would not be allowed to utilize the leniency.
NEET 2021 Exam Day Guidelines – Security Check
- The security system for any national level competitive exam would pretty much be tight. Candidates appearing for NEET are to undergo security checks such as body scanners and frisking.
- It is mandatory for all candidates to cooperate with security professionals without disturbing the routine.
- Candidates willing to use their scribe have to carry a ‘letter of undertaking’ to the respected examination centre and let them know beforehand.
NEET 2021 Dress Code
- Aspirants taking up the exam are advised to dress casually and avoid clothes with long sleeves.
- A casual flip flop/sandal with no buckles is advised whereas shoes/boots are restricted to be worn by the candidates.
- Candidates in customary outfits such as burqa must report to the examination centre beforehand at 12:30 pm. Such candidates are likely to bring it to the notice of NTA while filling up the application for NEET.
- Candidates with undesirable health conditions and desire to bypass the NEET dress code should take permission from NTA beforehand.
It is a necessity that a candidate is more cautious while bubbling out the right answer. A total of 180 questions with each carrying 4 marks and -1 for each wrong answer. Chemistry and Physics take up 45 questions each while Biology (Botany+Zoology) seizes 90 questions with a grand total of 180 questions. To make it more manageable for candidates with access to a wristwatch, NTA has set a wall clock in every examination hall with a clearly audible bell sound as an indication of the last 30 minutes of the examination. With plenty of time in their hands due to the outbreak of a pandemic, candidates are advised to organize themselves for the examination.