Home » Posts tagged 'NEET Revision Plan'
Tag Archives: NEET Revision Plan
According to the latest announcement by Union HRD Minister, Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal, NEET 2020 is now scheduled for 13th September 2020. Other dates related to the exam are yet to be announced. As there is only a month left for the exam, students preparing for NEET 2020 should start their revision. One and half months time is enough for preparation if you have got the right approach and dedication for cracking the exam with an effective strategy. During this period you need to make a NEET Revision Plan to revise thoroughly each concept and brush up your basics.
Latest Update: The NEET 2020 aspirants can download their admit card 15 days before the examination dates.
NEET is a national level medical entrance exam which is a gateway to several top-notch dental and medical colleges at the undergraduate level. The online application form has started from December 2019. Here we have designed an effective NEET revision plan which will definitely help you in fulfilling your dream to pursue MBBS or BDS from the top medical college of the country.
The three major essential factors to remember for preparing the NEET examination are:
- The NEET aspirants should be calm and focused on the exam.
- Do not doubt yourself or do not try to compare with the other candidate
- The candidates should put their best efforts. Hard work and disciplined study is the only way to prepare yourself.
- Do not panic, it, in turn, increases your stress. So, it will tend to lose time for the NEET revision purposes.
Effective Strategies To Remeber For NEET Revision Plan
Weekly Study Plans
One thing before starting your NEET Revision is creating a systematic and sequential study plan. This will help you accumulate various chapters during your NEET Revision and mange the time effectively and efficiently. You also need to work on your weaknesses and turn them into strengths if possible. Let us try to understand how to create a systematic NEET Revision Plan.
- The first thing you must do is set a target. It would be suitable to start with weekly targets. Bifurcate the topics in a sequential manner and keep a goal to complete them in a week. This way complete the whole NEET 2020 Syllabus in a specific time period.
- Try to keep up with the number of days closer to the exam and increase the number of hours of study. Say, currently you study for 6 hours in a day. But around a month before the NEET 2020, it should be approximately 9 to 10 hours a day.
- Ensure not to spend too much time on single section/subject. Appropriate the time on a subject that you are weak in.
- You can also refer to NEET Sample Papers in order to understand the NEET 2020 Exam Pattern.
- Sleep at least 7 hours as that is essential to keep your mind fresh and alert. Also, take some time out for your hobbies and recreational activities.
Use The Internet For Studies
Internet is vast and has ton of useful content for free. Various mobile applications for NEET Preparations are present on both Android and iOS. There’s so much NEET study material that you will never be out of practice questions. Properly utilise the technology you have in your hands. You can also use social media to connect and get answers to your doubts.
NTA has provided video lectures by IIT-PAL on Biology, Physics, Chemistry and Maths. These videos are present on youtube for free. These lectures are also useful if you are considering self-study with small doubt sessions from your teachers.
Offline Mock Tests
NEET is an offline exam. It is not going to conducted on a computer. So, the best way to prepare for NEET is to take offline NEET Mock Tests. You can use the NTA’s National Test Abhyas application to prepare for NEET. However, we would suggest to take prints of NEET old question papers and solve as many question papers as you can. These question papers are equal to that of NEET mock tests.
- A week has 7 days and each day should be allotted towards a particular subject of NEET 2020. Say, Monday, Tuesday and Saturday for Biology, Wednesday and Thursday for Physics, Friday & Sunday for Chemistry. This will help you keep up the pace required for the preparations as well as for revisions.
- Try to keep only easy topics for weekends. This way you can make time for practicing mock tests/ offline tests or give time to hefty NEET Revision Plan.
Identify Productivity Output
How much of your learning hours are actually productive? Out of 7 hours spent learning, did you actually get an output of 7 hours? The aspirants must identify their productive hours. This is becuase each of the aspirants have different mindsets and the number of hours of required to learn something new varies among people. Hence, the aspirants should act at their convenience for increasing the learning capacity and productivity, if they find it difficult to cope up.
Good Grasp On Syllabus
Without actually knowing the syllabus, you will never know what is important for the exam. There is a difference in 12th boards exam pattern and NEET Exam Pattern. NEET 2020 will have a combined syllabus of both 11th and 12th class. Thus, importance of topics varies accordingly.
Try to make small notes once a particular topic / chapter is completed. NCERT Books provide a short summary after each chapter as well. However it is better if you make these notes yourself to keep it concise and workable for your NEET Revision Plan.
How will NEET Revision Plan Work?
Break down the revision session into small chains: As per their convenience, the aspirants should break the entire syllabus into small chains. The aspirants are also advised to take small breaks between the revision of small chains. A small break will be beneficial to boost up their concentration and to get mentally relaxed.
Try to revise self-made short notes: The aspirants are advised to make short notes on their own. They need to write the main concepts, formulae of the chapters and need to recall it. It will help them to memorise the topics.
Revise as per the proper routine: Maintain a proper and healthy routine in your every day’s lifestyle. Hence, you need to follow the proper discipline and a well managed daily routine. Go through the below mentioned NEET revision plan 2020:
- Wake up as per your convenience. You should not wake up in the afternoon.
- Have well nutritious breakfast
- Study regularly for two hours.
- Take a small break of 10 minutes.
- Start revision for half an hour
- Now, have your lunch
- Start to study for two continuous hours, which is followed by a 10 minutes short break
- To maintain a healthy lifestyle, you should do a little exercise.
- Eat your snacks (have light weightage and healthy snacks. Avoid oily food).
- Revision of half an hour
- Have light dinner
- You are advised to study for an hour after completing your dinner.
- Now you can go off to the bed and sleep.
Analyse the NEET Preparation Progress
It is very necessary to test your learning since it is a part of the NEET revision plan 2020. Apart from measuring the progress, the aspirants can also identify their weakness, so that they can give extra focus on it. Hence, the aspirants should keep a track record of your preparation.
NEET 2020 Revision Plan for Three Months
Once the aspirants learn completely the entire NEET 2020 syllabus, they will need to start revision. They should make a NEET revision plan and should follow the time table for keeping the track of the revision of the subjects. Do not revise your study in a haphazard manner. Better study in an organised manner. It, in turn, helps to bring positivity in you and leads you to motivate towards your study. To make your NEET 2020 revision plan strengthen, the aspirants need to set a goal first. You can also save your time.
First Month Strategy
In the first month, the aspirants require to revise the topics of class XI, in which you are comparatively weaker and volatile. You should revise different topics of two different subjects every day (if you are flexible, then try to revise three different subjects every day). In order to choose the topics, the students should revise the strongest topic(which you feel) and most critical topic. Continue this process in every alternate day by picking the different combinations of sections.
If you are engaging yourself more in revising the concepts and theory, you also need to keep time for writing down the basic things. For instance, you can write the answers by using mnemonics and basic values. You also need to work on the formulae and reactions. Repeat this process continuously. You are advised to revise the topics in the first month at least thrice. On the weekends, try to take two model questions papers for memorising the concepts.
Second Month Strategy
You should find and analyse the mistakes from first-month revision. In the second month, revise the 12th-grade study in a similar way. The aspirants are advised to give extra focus more on the high weightage topics. Try to complete your revision once you will be overambitious about it. Do not overburden yourself. Otherwise, it only makes you stressed.
Also Check NEET 2020 Chemistry Preparation Tips
Third Month Strategy
It is a vital month before the exam. You should be calm and composed throughout the month. Anxiety to a certain level is fine, otherwise, panicking can only make you scared and you will forget your learnings. Do not study anything new this month. Only need to revise those topics, which you have learnt already. Try to practice more on multiple-choice questions or model papers. You should practice at least two papers daily. Analyse more and try to find out the weak points from your evaluation. Besides, you should also take mock tests daily. Identify your weakness and you should rectify it.
In the last two weeks, the aspirants should revise the volatile stuff more. Solve more repeat based questions. Do not take lightly to memorise the formulae. You are advised not to use social media during this time. The NEET 2020 revision plan will be beneficial to get good scores in the exam.
By following the above-mentioned revision plan, you will be easily able to cover all the topics. You just have to be determined and focus to achieve your goal.
Check NEET Preparation Tips
Units To Cover in 2-month NEET Revision Plan
NEET 2020: Month 1
|WEEK 1||Unit- Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants (Class XI)||Mole Concept & Stoichiometry, States of Matter: Gaseous State||Class 11th Mechanics (Laws of Motion & Work, Energy, and Power)|
|WEEK 2||Unit- Plant Physiology (Class XI)||Atomic Structure, Thermochemistry||Class 11th Mechanics (Rotational Kinematics & Dynamics, System of Particles)|
|WEEK 3||Unit- Genetics and Evolution (Class XII)||Equilibrium, Solutions & Solid State||Class 12th: Optics & Modern Physics (Ray and Wave Optics, Dual Nature of Radiations)|
|WEEK 4||Unit- Biotechnology and its Applications (Class XII)||Redox & Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics & Surface Chemistry||Class 11th Mechanics (Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids & Fluids)|
NEET 2020: Month 2
|WEEK 1||Class XI
Digestion & Absorption
Breathing and Exchange of Gases
Body Fluids and Circulation
|Chemical Bonding||Class 12th – Atomic Nucleus & Semiconductors|
|WEEK 2||Class XI
Excretory Products and Elimination
Locomotion and Movement
Neural Control and Coordination
Chemical Coordination and Integration
|Classification of Elements, Hydrogen & S Block||Class 11th Mechanics (Oscillations & Waves)|
|WEEK 3||Unit Ecology (Class XII)||P Block Elements||Class 11th Thermal Physics (Thermal Properties of Matter, Thermodynamics, Kinetic Theory of Gases)|
|WEEK 4||Animal Kingdom (Class XI)||D & F Block & Coordination compounds||Class 12th – Electromagnetic Waves & Communication Systems|
How to Make Revision Notes?
To crack the NEET exam, the aspirants should go through lots of guidance and they need to devote full concentration. Though NEET is one of those toughest exams, however, the aspirants can crack the entrance test by following the smart steps. Personal revision note is beneficial to boost up the score of NEET 2020 exam. So, a personalised revision note is also useful for memorising the concepts of each section easily.
Key Features of Making Revision Notes
- Short and to the point
- Easy to understand
- Should include important terms and their definition
- Must include important topics, important formulas and tricks.
- Makes notes chapter-wise
- Must be handy so that revision will be easy
Steps to Make Revision Notes
- The aspirants should check their studying compatibility
- They should have detailed knowledge about the NEET 2020 Syllabus
- You should first complete your learning thoroughly. It will not be wise to make personalised notes every after completing chapters. Better gain in-depth knowledge on the concept of the topics or chapters.
- In order to memorise the formulae, important content, the aspirants are advised to use colourful pens and highlighter. It will be more appealing to the NEET appearing candidates.
- You need to make personalised notes in easy language, which will be easily understood by you.
- To easily learn, trying to make the NEET 2020 personalised revision note should make it easier than the books.
Though NEET 2020 Main exam has postponed due to the pandemic COVID-19. The aspirants should follow the aforementioned tips during revision. Consequently, the candidates will be capable of meeting the NEET 2020 cutoff marks.
Ans. NEET revision plan 2020 is the key factor of getting a high score in NEET exam. Hence, NEET revision plan 2020 is important to crack the admission test.
Ans. Since, NEET is the only single exam to take admission for medical course work.
Ans. In order to understand the trend of exam pattern, the aspirants need to solve the NEET previous years question papers.
Ans. To boost up and motivate yourself, the aspirants should definitely follow the NEET revision plan 2020. It also helps you keep yourself stress free.