Home » Posts tagged 'NEET Revision Plan'
Tag Archives: NEET Revision Plan
According to the latest announcement by Union HRD Minister, Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal, NEET 2020 is now scheduled for 26th July 2020. Other dates related to the exam are yet to be announced. As there is only a month left for the exam, students preparing for NEET 2020 should start their revision. One and half months time is enough for preparation if you have got the right approach and dedication for cracking the exam with an effective strategy. During this period you need to make a NEET Revision Plan to revise thoroughly each concept and brush up your basics.
Latest Update: The NEET 2020 aspirants can download their admit card from 11 July 2020 that is 15 days before the examination dates.
NEET is a national level medical entrance exam which is a gateway to several top-notch dental and medical colleges at the undergraduate level. The online application form has started from December 2019. Here we have designed an effective NEET revision plan which will definitely help you in fulfilling your dream to pursue MBBS or BDS from the top medical college of the country.
The three major essential factors to remember for preparing the NEET examination are:
- The NEET aspirants should be calm and focused on the exam.
- Do not doubt yourself or do not try to compare with the other candidate
- The candidates should put their best efforts. Hard work and disciplined study is the only way to prepare yourself.
- Do not panic, it, in turn, increases your stress. So, it will tend to lose time for the NEET revision purposes.
NEET Revision Plan
Effective Strategies to keep in mind
- Create a Study Plan: As there is very little time left for the exam, you need to create a study plan to manage your time effectively. First, understand your weaknesses and work to turn them into strengths. It is always beneficial to study in a systematic manner. So, the first thing that you need to do is – Prepare a Timetable and follow it.
- Set weekly targets to complete the entire syllabus and make sure you complete the same in the decided time. To start with, do at least 6 hours of self-study daily and increase the time duration as the exam draws nearer. Divide your time into slots in a way that you don’t spend more than 3 hours on the same subject. Also check NEET Sample Papers during revision of the lessons. It helps you to understand the question patterns of NEET exam.
- Also, it is your responsibility to complete the decided topics in the decided time, while managing your other commitments (like school, tuition, coaching, etc.)
- Sleep at least 7 hours as that is essential to keep your mind fresh and alert. Also, take some time out for your hobbies and recreational activities.
- Make use of Technology: There are various websites and apps available for NEET exam preparation. Apps and websites help to resolve the queries. Make full use of technology to prepare for the exam. Technology may do magic in understanding ideas and problems, the complex ones will become easier for you.
- There are some YouTube channels that provide lectures on many topics which makes it very simple to understand. If you are doing self-study and have a doubt you can always prefer Google to clarify.
- Take Mock Test: This is the best way to get ready and revise for an exam by solving past year question papers and taking mock tests. Take as many mock tests as you can. It will prepare you to attend the exam with patience and familiarity.
- The mock test will also familiarize with the exam pattern. Assign each day in a week to each subject. For example, Biology: Every Tuesday; Chemistry: Every Thursday; Physics: Every Sunday. Also solve Previous Years NEET questions Papers.
- On these days, take mock tests from the topics covered in that particular week. This is done to make sure that you maintain the constant pace of your preparation and to assess your performance.
- This will also help you to speed up and finish the paper in time, as in the examination hall, it will help you.
- Identify your productivity: The aspirants need to identify the productive hour. Since each of the aspirants has different mindsets and it varies. Hence, the aspirants should act at their convenience for increasing the learning capacity and productivity.
- Know the syllabus well: Knowing the syllabus and exam pattern well is a very important aspect for preparing. Being familiar with the syllabus is as important as revising for NEET Exam. Make a list of all the topics in each subject and tick each topic as you revise it.
- Also, make cheat notes after completing each topic as it will help you before the exam. It is like a window to each topic and you will be able to revise vary from that cheat note.
- Break down the revision session into the small chain: As per their convenience, the aspirants should break the entire syllabus into small chains. The aspirants are also advised to take small breaks between the revision of small chains. A small break will be beneficial to boost up their concentration and to get mentally relaxed.
- Try to revise self-made short notes: The aspirants are advised to make short notes on their own. They need to write the main concepts, formulae of the chapters and need to recall it. It will help them to memorise the topics.
- Revise as per the proper routine: Maintain a proper and healthy routine in your every day’s lifestyle. Hence, you need to follow the proper discipline and a well managed daily routine. Go through the below mentioned NEET revision plan 2020:
- Wake up as per your convenience. You should not wake up in the afternoon.
- Have well nutritious breakfast
- Study regularly for two hours.
- Take a small break of 10 minutes.
- Start revision for half an hour
- Now, have your lunch
- Start to study for two continuous hours, which is followed by a 10 minutes short break
- To maintain a healthy lifestyle, you should do a little exercise.
- Eat your snacks (have light weightage and healthy snacks. Avoid oily food).
- Revision of half an hour
- Have light dinner
- You are advised to study for an hour after completing your dinner.
- Now you can go off to the bed and sleep.
- Analyse the NEET Preparation Progress: It is very necessary to test your learning since it is a part of the NEET revision plan 2020. Apart from measuring the progress, the aspirants can also identify their weakness, so that they can give extra focus on it. Hence, the aspirants should keep a track record of your preparation.
- Stay Positive: The level of competition for NEET 2020 can be way too much. A positive attitude is very important to face the challenge without stressing too much. A strong dedication, right attitude and focus are the first steps towards success.
During the exam, you need to keep yourself cool as there are very little time and a lot of questions to attempt, so there is no time for panic. Take a deep breath and start the paper. Don’t waste too much time on one question, if you don’t know the answer then move on to the next question. First, attempt all the questions you are sure about.
NEET 2020 Revision Plan for Three Months
Once the aspirants learn completely the entire NEET 2020 syllabus, they will need to start revision. They should make a NEET revision plan and should follow the time table for keeping the track of the revision of the subjects. Do not revise your study in a haphazard manner. Better study in an organised manner. It, in turn, helps to bring positivity in you and leads you to motivate towards your study. To make your NEET 2020 revision plan strengthen, the aspirants need to set a goal first. You can also save your time.
In the first month, the aspirants require to revise the topics of class XI, in which you are comparatively weaker and volatile. You should revise different topics of two different subjects every day (if you are flexible, then try to revise three different subjects every day). In order to choose the topics, the students should revise the strongest topic(which you feel) and most critical topic. Continue this process in every alternate day by picking the different combinations of sections.
If you are engaging yourself more in revising the concepts and theory, you also need to keep time for writing down the basic things. For instance, you can write the answers by using mnemonics and basic values. You also need to work on the formulae and reactions. Repeat this process continuously. You are advised to revise the topics in the first month at least thrice. On the weekends, try to take two model questions papers for memorising the concepts.
You should find and analyse the mistakes from first-month revision. In the second month, revise the 12th-grade study in a similar way. The aspirants are advised to give extra focus more on the high weightage topics. Try to complete your revision once you will be overambitious about it. Do not overburden yourself. Otherwise, it only makes you stressed.
Also Check NEET 2020 Chemistry Preparation Tips
Third Month Strategy:
It is a vital month before the exam. You should be calm and composed throughout the month. Anxiety to a certain level is fine, otherwise, panicking can only make you scared and you will forget your learnings. Do not study anything new this month. Only need to revise those topics, which you have learnt already. Try to practice more on multiple-choice questions or model papers. You should practice at least two papers daily. Analyse more and try to find out the weak points from your evaluation. Besides, you should also take mock tests daily. Identify your weakness and you should rectify it.
In the last two weeks, the aspirants should revise the volatile stuff more. Solve more repeat based questions. Do not take lightly to memorise the formulae. You are advised not to use social media during this time. The NEET 2020 revision plan will be beneficial to get good scores in the exam.
By following the above-mentioned revision plan, you will be easily able to cover all the topics. You just have to be determined and focus to achieve your goal.
Check NEET Preparation Tips
NEET 2020: Month 1 (April)
|WEEK 1||Unit- Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants (Class XI)||Mole Concept & Stoichiometry, States of Matter: Gaseous State||Class 11th Mechanics (Laws of Motion & Work, Energy, and Power)|
|WEEK 2||Unit- Plant Physiology (Class XI)||Atomic Structure, Thermochemistry||Class 11th Mechanics (Rotational Kinematics & Dynamics, System of Particles)|
|WEEK 3||Unit- Genetics and Evolution (Class XII)||Equilibrium, Solutions & Solid State||Class 12th: Optics & Modern Physics (Ray and Wave Optics, Dual Nature of Radiations)|
|WEEK 4||Unit- Biotechnology and its Applications (Class XII)||Redox & Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics & Surface Chemistry||Class 11th Mechanics (Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids & Fluids)|
NEET 2020: Month 2 (May)
|WEEK 1||Class XI
Digestion & Absorption
Breathing and Exchange of Gases
Body Fluids and Circulation
|Chemical Bonding||Class 12th – Atomic Nucleus & Semiconductors|
|WEEK 2||Class XI
Excretory Products and Elimination
Locomotion and Movement
Neural Control and Coordination
Chemical Coordination and Integration
|Classification of Elements, Hydrogen & S Block||Class 11th Mechanics (Oscillations & Waves)|
|WEEK 3||Unit Ecology (Class XII)||P Block Elements||Class 11th Thermal Physics (Thermal Properties of Matter, Thermodynamics, Kinetic Theory of Gases)|
|WEEK 4||Animal Kingdom (Class XI)||D & F Block & Coordination compounds||Class 12th – Electromagnetic Waves & Communication Systems|
How to Make Revision Notes?
To crack the NEET exam, the aspirants should go through lots of guidance and they need to devote full concentration. Though NEET is one of those toughest exams, however, the aspirants can crack the entrance test by following the smart steps. Personal revision note is beneficial to boost up the score of NEET 2020 exam. So, a personalised revision note is also useful for memorising the concepts of each section easily.
Key Features of Making Revision Notes
- Short and to the point
- Easy to understand
- Should include important terms and their definition
- Must include important topics, important formulas and tricks.
- Makes notes chapter-wise
- Must be handy so that revision will be easy
Steps to Make Revision Notes
- The aspirants should check their studying compatibility
- They should have detailed knowledge about the NEET 2020 Syllabus
- You should first complete your learning thoroughly. It will not be wise to make personalised notes every after completing chapters. Better gain in-depth knowledge on the concept of the topics or chapters.
- In order to memorise the formulae, important content, the aspirants are advised to use colourful pens and highlighter. It will be more appealing to the NEET appearing candidates.
- You need to make personalised notes in easy language, which will be easily understood by you.
- To easily learn, trying to make the NEET 2020 personalised revision note should make it easier than the books.
Though NEET 2020 Main exam has postponed due to the pandemic COVID-19. The aspirants should follow the aforementioned tips during revision. Consequently, the candidates will be capable of meeting the NEET 2020 cutoff marks.
Ans. NEET revision plan 2020 is the key factor of getting a high score in NEET exam. Hence, NEET revision plan 2020 is important to crack the admission test.
Ans. Since, NEET is the only single exam to take admission for medical course work.
Ans. In order to understand the trend of exam pattern, the aspirants need to solve the NEET previous years question papers.
Ans. To boost up and motivate yourself, the aspirants should definitely follow the NEET revision plan 2020. It also helps you keep yourself stress free.