Home » Posts tagged 'NEET Result'
Tag Archives: NEET Result
The Supreme Court of India has favoured their decision towards the benefit of many students who were affected by COVID-19 lockdown or stuck in containment zones. In its judgement, the apex court has directed National Testing Agency (NTA) to declare NEET 2020 Result on 16th October 2020.
Students who were not able to appear for NEET (UG) on 13th September due to COVID-19 or other reasons must be given the opportunity of re-exam on 14th October i.e. Wednesday.
NEET 2020 was conducted by NTA amid COVID-19 with full safety precautions and SOPs. Due to COVID-19, around 10% to 15% of approximately 16 lakh candidates were not able to take the exam. Many students who were COVID-19 positive, appeared for the exam, but were returned from the exam centres due to safety reasons.
Due to this reason, many eligible candidates have raised questions and filed a plea at the Supreme Court for re-examination. NEET (UG) is conducted in pen & paper mode, which makes it much easier to conduct within a short span of time.
Now, it is to see if NTA will be able to conduct the exam again within the stipulated time of 2 days and also release the results by 16th Oct for all the candidates. The expected cut off for NEET 2020 is also going to rise as the number of candidates have increased this year, with a much easier exam compared to previous years.
Based on the NEET 2020 Ranks, candidates will be able to take part in NEET (UG) Counselling conducted by MCC.
NTA conducted the NEET 2020 on 13th September all over the country. Many candidates have expected that the NEET 2020 Results are going to be announced in the last week of September 2020, as the exams have already been delayed due to COVID-19. But it seems that NTA is planning to announce the result for NEET (UG) 2020 around the first week of October 2020.
NTA has already released the NEET 2020 Answer Keys for candidates along with the challenge window. However, the candidates have not been able to check their responses in the exam as NTA has not yet released the OMR Response Sheets.
You Might Like-
Is NTA Not Going To Release NEET OMR Responses?
This whole academic year has been delayed amid the COVID-19 pandemic. NEET 2020 was delayed by about 5 months, consequently delaying the admission process to various medical colleges of India. As NEET is conducted in pen and paper mode (using OMRs), it will be a long and tough task for providing the scanned OMR response sheets to each and every candidate. Due to these factors, it is possible that NTA might skip this step before releasing the NEET 2020 Results.
When Is NTA Going To Announce NEET 2020 Result?
According to the information bulletin on the official website, the exam date and result date as per the original schedule (before COVID-19) was 1 month apart.
As per the various rumours and news sources, the expected date for NEET Result is 12th Oct 2020 or before. However, NTA has made no official announcement regarding this. If taking the previous year trends, the result could be announced within the first week of Oct 2020 i.e. within 3 or 4 days.
NEET 2021 score validity is an area of doubt amongst medical aspirants in India. The Medical Council of India had made several amendments on the NEET eligibility criteria in the last few years. Hence, the different changes have created a cloud of confusion as it is troublesome to find out which notification is the latest one. As NEET 2021 exam is the gateway to pursuing a career in medicine, it is crucial to know the NEET 2021 score validity and the options it provides for making wise choices.
NEET is one of the major examinations for medical aspirants in India and clearing it is a big step that requires a whole lot of preparation and hard work. Thus, being a medical aspirant, you should be aware of NEET score validity and the scopes it offers.
NEET Eligibility and Qualification
NEET is conducted every year by the National Testing Agency (NTA). There were several discrepancies regarding the number of attempts and age limit concerning the NEET eligibility criteria. However:
- As of 2019, there are no limitations for the number of attempts and the upper age limit was decided to be 25 years with a relaxation of 5 years for reserved categories.
- The minimum age to appear for the NEET 2021 examination is 17 years.
- Candidates should also have qualified 12th board, with science as the stream, including biology as a subject.
- Students who are appearing for 12th boards (or equivalent) can also apply for NEET UG 2021 exam as the registration starts way before 12th board exams.
NEET examination serves the purpose of maintaining uniformity in the quality of students who pursue medical education at different institutions. It is a regulatory measure to make sure that the students in India who pursue a medical degree anywhere meet the minimum qualifications set by the MCI.
This way it assures the quality of the education provided and the efficiency of the future professionals. NEET 2021 score is mandatory for seeking admission in Indian as well as abroad medical universities. To qualify for NEET 2021 Counselling, a candidate should have:
- Minimum percentile of 50
- With a relaxation of 10% for SC/ST/OBC candidates (40th percentile)
- And a relaxation of 5% for General PWD candidates (45th percentile)
Also Read | Detailed Paper Analysis of NEET UG 2020 Exam
NEET Score Validity for Studying Medicine Abroad: 3 years
Since students put in a lot of their time and effort, the older NEET score validity of 1 year for admission into different medical institutes used to restrict students in some unwanted ways. The Medical Council of India (MCI) has made amendments to extend the NEET score validity for admission to medical institutions abroad in March 2019. The decision was a great relief for the medical aspirants who wished to study medicine abroad.
- NEET score validity for medical admission at universities abroad was determined to be up to 3 years by MCI.
- To study MBBS at universities abroad, students may require to fulfil a list of criteria such as TOEFL etc and to produce a lot more supporting documents in comparison to getting admission in medical institutes in India.
- Because of these extra requisites, joining medicine at a foreign university is a lengthy process. It may take roughly 8 to 12 months from the time of announcement of NEET results to complete all procedures and to start the academic session at abroad universities. For example, procuring a passport and visa alone takes more than 2 months.
This constraining characteristic of NEET score validity was big trouble for students who aspire to study abroad because by the time the admission procedures get over the NEET score validity might as well have expired.
Also Read | MBBS Admission Through Management Quota
Since the Medical Council of India has reconsidered the extension of validity of NEET score in India and made it more helpful and acceptable, many students can now consider studying medicine abroad with a NEET 2021 score.
- The extension of NEET score validity for admission to abroad medical programmes further helped to ensure that the students who study medicine abroad also meet the standards set by MCI.
- This extension of validity of NEET score in India is in action from 2019.
Now, students who wish to study medicine abroad also should qualify in the NEET exam, which was not the case before. It has now been made mandatory while appearing for the screening test.
NEET Score Validity for Studying Medicine in India: 1 year
Every year, students can join in the medical colleges of their choice soon after their 12th board and NEET exam results are out, depending on the NEET Cut Offs. Since there aren’t any expected delays for admission in Indian medical institutions, the NEET validity for students who want to study MBBS in India is 1 year, which is the year of appearing for the entrance exams. NEET score is necessary for admission to all the medical colleges in India. This now also includes AIIMS and JIPMER, which previously had their own entrance tests.
Scopes of Extended NEET Score Validity
If you aspire to pursue the medical field as your career, qualifying NEET and knowing NEET score validity is helpful to find out the opportunities you have in your hands. The time and hard work you put in while appearing for NEET 2021 exam is immense. And that is why you should consider all career options once you have achieved the qualifying percentile.
- Since the NEET score validity is 1 year for Indian colleges and 3 years for abroad universities, you still have hope of admission in a foreign university if not top medical colleges in India.
- As far as you are up for pursuing a medical degree abroad, you can apply to different medical institutes abroad, with your current marks for the next two years.
- Top medical colleges in India can be very competitive, but you might get admission to several top-notch universities abroad, which offer similar or even higher quality of education. Moreover, with financial aids/scholarships, the cost of education is very cheap in foreign universities.
Don’t miss out on opportunities because of a lack of information. If you are appearing for NEET 2021 exam, make sure to consider all the possibilities and thus ensure that the hard work you put into clearing NEET UG 2021 exam doesn’t go in vain. The extended NEET score validity also works with the drop year a student might take to improve the NEET 2021 score. So, do not waste your time anymore, and start practicing for NEET 2021 exam right now!
NEET 2021 Result will most likely be released on the official website followed by NEET 2021 Cut Off and Answer Keys in June 2021. NEET 2021 result by NTA will be announced in the form of a scorecard containing candidates’ overall and sectional marks as well as the status of qualifying in exam. NTA also assigns All India Ranks (AIR) or All India Quota Rank alongside category rank during the announcement of NEET Result.
Once NEET Result is announced, MCC holds the counselling session for 15% All India Quota seats while the NEET counselling for 85% state quota seats is managed by all the participating states respectively. NTA prepares the centralized merit list for all the candidates based on candidates’ NEET Result or performance in NEET 2021.
NEET 2021 Result Highlights
NEET 2021 Exam date and NEET Result for 2021 will be announced soon by NTA. NEET 2021 counselling will start usually a month after NEET 2021 Result declaration. For this, you can apply under 15% AIQ seats and 85% State Quota seats with your NEET 2021 Result/Rank in public and private medical institutes.
|NEET 2021 exam date||May 2020 (Tentative)|
|NEET Result 2021 expected date||June 2020 (Tentative)|
|Last date to download result||To be announced|
|Website to download results||ntaneet.nic.in|
|Declaring authority||National Testing Agency|
|Number of registered aspirants (2020)||15.97 lakh aspirants|
|Number of candidates who appeared for the exam (2020)||13.57 lakh aspirants|
|Credentials required to check NEET UG result||Roll number, date of birth and security pin|
|Details printed on the NEET score card||Name, subject-wise and total marks, percentile scores, AIR for 15% AIQ seats, NEET 2021 cut off score|
|Validity of result||One Year|
|NEET 2021 Counselling start date||June 2021|
Important Highlights of NEET 2021 Result
- NEET 2021 Result will incorporate the details about All India Rank (AIR), candidate’s score, qualifying status and overall NEET 2021 cut off score.
- NEET Result will be used by all the medical colleges in the country to admit candidates in BDS/MBBS courses. From now onwards, AIIMS, AFMC, JLPMER will admit students using NEET 2021 Result.
- MCC will conduct the NEET 2021 counselling for 15% AIQ (All India Quota) seats.
- Whereas, state counselling authorities will prepare their own merit list based on AIl India Ranks. These ranks are available in NEET 2021 Result published by NTA to allot candidates in state quota seats.
How to check the NEET 2021 Result?
To check the NEET 2021 Result aspirants have to follow the steps mentioned below:-
- Visit the official website of NEET 2021 result i.e. ntaneet.nic.in.
- Click on the link “NEET(UG) 2021 Exam Results”
- Fill your exam roll number, date of birth and verification code.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- The NEET 2021 Result will be displayed on the screen.
- Download the NEET 2021 Score Card and save it as PDF.
- Press Ctrl + P to save the page as PDF for future reference.
NEET 2021 Result: Sample of NEET Score Card
NEET 2021 Score Card Details
Scores of NEET 2021 Result are valid for three years from the beginning of this year i.e. 2021. You can take part in admissions with the same score card in coming years. Candidates are advised to keep the NEET 2021 score card safely as it is required during NEET 2021 counselling and admission process. NEET 2021 score card will contain the information like:
- Candidate’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Father’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Student’s Roll Number
- Application Number
- Total Marks Obtained
- Marks Secured in Chemistry
- Biology and Physics
- Total Secured Percentile
- NEET Category Rank
- NEET All India Rank
- Exam Qualifying Status (Qualified or Non-qualified) as well as the Cut-off Score for Counseling under 15% All India Quota.
You Might Like
- NEET 2021 Preparation Tips for Chemistry
- NEET 2021 Preparation Tips for Physics
- NEET 2021 Preparation Tips for Biology
How to Retrieve NEET 2021 Application Number and Password?
If you have lost your NEET 2021 application number or if you could not remember the password of your account, you cannot check your NEET 2021 Result. Hence, you have to retrieve the password for logging into the account. Follow the below mentioned steps:
- Go to the NEET official website and then choose the candidate login option.
- Click the ‘Forgot password’ option – if you cannot remember the password.
- Click ‘Forgot Application Number’ – if you cannot remember NEET 2021 Application number.
- Submit the name, father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth, and security pin.
- Now, you have to reset the password for NEET 2021 Exam.
NEET Result 2020: Topper’s List
|Name of the Toppers||NEET score||Percentile score||NEET AIR|
|Guthi Chaitanya Sindhu||711||99.9994879||7|
Statistics for NEET 2020
Only 7,97,042 candidates have qualified the NEET 2020 Exam, out of 15,97,435 candidates (Appeared for the exam). Find the following details to get to know about the detailed information:
|No. of Candidates Registered||15,97,435||15,19,375||13,26,725|
|No of Candidates Present||13,66,945||1410755||12,69,922|
|No of Candidates Absent||2,30,490||108620||56,803|
|Number of Cities||155||154||2,255|
|Number of Languages||11||11||11|
|Number of centres||3,862||2546||5,60,000+|
|Number of rooms||1,33,120||64000||1,50,000+|
|Number of invigilators||2,66,240||128000||4,500+|
|Number of Observers and NTA Representatives||5,818||6000+||153|
|No of City Coordinators||195||163||1,81,217|
NEET 2021 Answer Key
- NTA will publish the NEET 2021 answer key to the official website that is, ntaneet.nic.in
- Once they enter into the website, they can calculate the score with the help of answer keys of NEET 2021 and OMR Sheets.
- You can check the correct answers of the questions from the NEET 2021 answer key.
- If you find any discrepancy, you can challenge your answer. NTA will give the flexibility to challenge it within the prescribed dates
- If you challenge the NEET 2021 answer key, you will need to pay INR 1000 per answer through online mode.
- You will get the money back if the authority will accept the challenge.
Find the below mentioned steps for checking the NEET 2021 answer key:
- Visit the official site of NEET 2021.
- Click on the ‘Answer Key’ link on the homepage.
- Enter registration number and password.
- Candidates can select the question booklet no. from the drop-down menu.
- NEET 2021 Answer key will be displayed on the screen of the candidates
- Candidates can either take printout of the key or save it as pdf on their systems.
Besides viewing the NEET 2021 answer key, candidates are also allowed to challenge the same.
- Candidates have to file the challenge in online mode and fee of INR 1000 has to be submitted per answer within the stipulated time period.
- All the challenges will be reviewed by the committee and fee will be refunded only if the challenge is accepted and approved by the committee.
Candidates can also view and download their machine graded responses and image of filled OMR sheets. NEET 2021 Answer Key along with machine graded responses can be used to calculate the expected scores in the exam.
Steps to Calculate NEET Score and Rank
Based on the NEET 2021 answer key, the aspirants will be capable of calculating their rank and corresponding scores. On the other hand, the aspirants will get the option to tally their answers with previously released (before NEET 2021 result) answer key. Find the pattern of marking scheme in the following:
- The students can score 4 marks for every correct answer.
- Similarly, the aspirants will be penalised -1 for every incorrect answer.
- You will not get any marks for unattempted questions
- Total marks: 720 (180 MCQS*4)
- In order to calculate the NEET scores, once can follow the below mentioned formula that is: (Total number of correct answers*4)-(total number of incorrect answers*1)
NEET Marks vs Ranks 2021
In order to prepare the merit list, NEET rank is considered as the main factor. The marks and corresponding rank of the candidates is tabulated in the following:
|Ranks range||Marks range||Ranks range||Marks range|
What after NEET 2021 Result?
NTA will release the cut off along with the NEET 2021 result. The NEET 2021 cutoff is the minimum marks required to qualify for the exam. NEET Cut off is different for different categories:
The NEET 2021 cut off will depend on three factors, namely-
- Total number of seats available
- Number of candidates appearing in the exam
- The difficulty level of the exam.
NEET 2021 Cut off will be released for All India Quota and State Level Quota. Top 15% scorers in the NEET exam will be allowed to participate directly in the NEET counselling process under 15% All India Quota. NEET 2021 expected cutoff is given below.
|Category||Total number of candidates||Range of marks|
|UR & PH||99||146-129|
|OBC & PH||233||126-113|
|SC & PH||70||128-113|
|ST & PH||18||128-113|
NEET 2020 Cut Off Score
NEET Cut Off Score will be declared with the online scorecard. Candidates can check the category wise expected cutoff scores based on previous year cutoffs, mentioned below:
|Category||Cut off Percentile||Cut off Score||Category||Cut off Percentile||Cut off Score|
|UR||50th Percentile||701-134||UR-PH||45th Percentile||133-120|
|OBC||40th Percentile||133-107||OBC-PH||40th Percentile||119-107|
What is NEET Percentile Score?
NEET Percentile score is the minimum qualifying score which is required to qualify the exam. NEET percentile can be calculated by following the below mentioned formula:
(Product of your absolute marks*100)/Highest marks obtained by the top ranker.
NEET percentile score is the minimum score for qualifying the exam. Read the following table in order to identify the NEET qualifying percentile for counselling process:
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Marks Range|
|General||50 Percentile||701 – 134|
|OBC/SC/ST||40 Percentile||133 – 107|
|General – PWD||45 Percentile||133 – 120|
NEET percentile score is determined based on the highest score in the All India Merit List. However, if the certain categories sufficient aspirants fail to meet the minimum marks, then MCI and Central Government will lower down the lowest marks for the respective categories.
NEET Cut Off: Top 10 Medical Colleges
|Name of College||2016 Closing Cut Off Rank||2015 Closing Cut Off Rank|
|Government Medical College, Chandigarh||162||158|
|Grant Medical College and Sir JJ Group of Hospitals, Mumbai||408||565|
|King George’s Medical University, Lucknow||506||386|
|Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi||263||117|
|Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi||44||28|
|Pt. Bhagwat Dayal Sharma Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak||1035||674|
|Seth G.S. Medical College, Mumbai||408||216|
|Stanley Medical College, Chennai||2264||2039|
|University College of Medical Sciences, New Delhi||128||97|
|VMMC & Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi||106||5|
NEET 2021 Merit List
The merit list will be prepared as per the candidate’s performance in the NEET exam. The NEET 2021 merit list of All India Quota will be prepared by the National Testing Agency and the candidates get admission in colleges or universities as per their position in the merit list.
- Category wise merit list will not be released. Only a centralized merit list will be published for NEET 2021 qualified aspirants.
- The Merit list is made for seats as per 15% AIQ.
- States will make their own merit as per the category of the aspirants and AIR.
- AIQ merit list is made based on the NEET reservation policy and AIR.
- The NEET 2021 merit list will be released on the official website of NEET.
- There will be a waiting list, which is equivalent to 4 times the number of seats. It will be available for 15% AIQ.
Check the table mentioned above to find a detailed insight on NEET Marks vs Rank analysis for NEET 2020. Based on the analysis, you can deduce marks requirement to find a substantially high score in NEET 2021. Remember, admission to top medical colleges through NEET will be solely based on the merit secured by candidates in the written test. No separate weightage is assigned to any other factor besides category wise seat reservation in NEET.
For getting more information, the candidates are advised to keep their eyes on the official website of NEET 2021 i.e www.ntaneet.nic.in. Once the candidates meet their cutoff, they will get a chance to take admission either in MBBS or in BDS for medical and dental programs across India.
Tie-Break Procedure for NEET 2021
NTA is likely to follow a predetermined tie-breaking procedure in case two or more students end up obtaining the same score, for the purpose of assigning ranks. Check the stipulated tie-break procedure for NEET 2021.
- Higher marks in Biology will lead to a higher rank in the order of merit.
- Higher marks in Chemistry, if the tie persists, will be used to assign the ranks for candidates.
- If the tie still persists, then candidates with least wrong answers will be placed higher in the order of merit
- Final criteria if all the others fail to resolve ties, is that candidates older in age will be placed higher on the merit list.
NEET 2021 Counselling
NTA has not decided the date of NEET 2021 counselling yet and it will be announced later. It is expected to be scheduled in June, 2021. The aspirants, who will find their names in the merit list and will qualify the NEET 2021 exam, will be eligible to attend the counselling process.
- MCC will organise both the 15% AIQ seats as well as the seats in Central and Deemed universities.
- As per the AIQ ranking, the centralised counselling merit list will be drawn.
- The aspirants should follow the instructions of State Government and authorities of dental colleges or medical institutions/universities for the counselling purposes in order to get into the colleges through merit list.
- Based on the All India Rank, the State Merit List will be drawn.
Courses Offered through NEET 2021 Result
The students can enrol their names for the following course work programs, once the NEET 2021 result will be out:
- MBBS and BDS: In order to get into the colleges for MBBS or BDS coursework, either in Government or private college, or in central universities, in Deemed universities in India. Apart from this, the aspirants can also take admission into the AIIMS or in JIPMER.
- Ayush Courses: The qualifying students of NEET 2020 can also take admission into the course works like Ayurveda (BAMS), Unani (BUMS), Yoga and Naturopathy (BNYS), Siddha (BSMS), and in Homeopathy (BHMS).
- B.V.Sc. and AH courses: Apart from the aforementioned programs, the qualified aspirants will be eligible to enrol their names for B.VSc and AH courses in Veterinary colleges (Excluding Jammu and Kashmir).
- If the candidates of foreign countries will like to continue their study in medical or dental courseworks from outside of India, they can also do that. The validity of NEET 2021 results will be valid for 3 years in this context.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. Your roll number is mentioned in your NEET 2021 Admit Card. Use the same to view your NEET Result 2021.
Ans. The NEET 2021 result is released in the form of a score card which is the downloadable version of the same.
Ans: Through NEET, admission will be offered into the following seats/quotas.
- All India Quota Seats.
- State Government Quota Seats
- State/Private/Management/NRI Quota Seats in all Private Medical / Dental Colleges or any Private/ Deemed University
- Central Pool Quota Seats
Ans: Indeed, AIIMS and JIPMER are exempted from NEET as they both are independent bodies and will lead their own medicinal selection test with a specific end goal to offer admission to the separate foundations. Till Now, state body has any such exception.