Home » Posts tagged 'NEET Reservation Criteria 2021'
Tag Archives: NEET Reservation Criteria 2021
NTA describes category wise NEET reservation criteria 2021, which is prescribed by the Government of India. MCC will conduct NEET counselling 2021 for 15% All India Quota seats. Hence, the aspirants can enroll their names for MBBS/BDS courses on the basis of NEET 2021 score. On the other hand, the rest 85% of the seats for MBBS/BDS courses will be filled by the State counselling process. It is conducted by the respective NEET Counselling bodies of the state government accordingly.
NEET 2021 Updates:
- Tamil Nadu Government has approved the proposal of 7.5% reservation for the students of government schools for medical admission.
- In MBBS and BDS admissions, spouses and children of terror attack victims will also get a reservation under the central pool of seats for medical admissions.
Seat reservation for the GEN-EWS candidates is 10% as per government policy. If the family members of a general candidate earn below 8 lakh per annum, will be considered as the EWS students.
- For 15% All India Quota seats, reservation for counselling of students will be based on the Statutory Regulation of MCI/NMC/DCI, judgements of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India.
- Aspirants from Jammu and Kashmir, will not be eligible to apply for 15% AIQ seats since these union territories are out of All India Scheme. The students should sign the self-declaration form for claiming eligibility.
NEET 2021 Reservation Criteria
According to the NTA NEET reservation criteria, the seats will be occupied for GEN-EWS, OBC-NCL, ST, SC and PwD in the Central Universities simultaneously. To begin in a layman manner, the NEET reservation criteria is mainly offered in 3 kinds:
|Quota||Percentage of seats|
|Reservations under All India Quota Seats||15%|
|Reservations for other than All India Quota||85%|
|Reservations for Central Institutions/Universities/Deemed Universities||Not Available|
Nonetheless, the applicants from Ladakh and Jammu and Kashmir are not eligible for 15% all India Quota Seats.
NEET Reservation Criteria under 15% AIQ Seats
All India Quota accounts for 15% of the total seats available at All India level. For instance, Government, private, central colleges/universities are also considered under this All India Quota account. Consequently, students can take admission under 15% AIQ seats in any medical college from any state of this country. Likewise, MCC allocates the seats based on the All India Merit list.
Seat Reservation in All India Quota is as follows:
|Category||Reservation of Seats|
|General – EWS||10%|
Remember that the seats above are only 15% of what the whole country has to offer. Specifically, the total number of seats in All India Quota is more than 60,000. Hence, you can get admission in the best colleges in the country with your scores. To take part in All India Counselling, you must submit your self-declaration and also the other documents for the process of NEET counselling 2021.
Some Important Changes
- States of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana are now eligible for 15% All India Quota Seats. These states previously opted out of NEET All India scheme since inception. If any candidate from these states wants to claim eligibility for 15% All India Quota Seats, then he/she must submit online Self-Declaration.
- State of Jammu and Kashmir and UT Ladakh are not participating under AIQ. They have opted out of the same since inception. This might change due to J&K Reorganization Act, 2019. The aspirants have been reconsidered for participation. Nevertheless, in UT of Ladakh, there is no medical college. Hence, the decision might soon come into effect.
NEET Reservation for EWS Category
The Parliament has published the 124th Amendment Bill under the Indian Constitution. Therefore, 10% reserved jobs and education will be granted for the EWS candidates, who are belonging from the General Quota.
With Lok Sabha passing a bill for reservations under the income category, educational institutions have granted NEET Reservation for General -EWS category of 10% seats. To be eligible under EWS, the NEET 2021 reservation criteria is as follows-
- Gross Annual Income of family < INR 8 lakh
- Family ownership of Agricultural Land < 5 acres
- Ownership of residential flat < 1000 sq ft
- If the ownership of residential plot < 100 sq yards (notified municipalities)
- Ownership of residential plot < 200 sq yards (unnotified municipalities)
Who is Eligible to Fall Under EWS Category in NEET 2021?
The candidates, whose family earning is below 8 Lakhs annually and who are not falling under the scheme of SCs, STs and OBCs reservation category, are capable to enjoy the benefits of EWS reservation. For instance, if the candidates avail the ‘Income and Asset Certificate’, issued by any reputed institutes, they can get the EWS reservation benefits. This will grant NEET Reservation for general category students too.
Who would not be able to get the access of EWS Quota?
- If the families of the aspirants have more than or equal to 5 acres of agricultural land.
- In case of residing or owning a flat of 1000 sq ft or above by the aspirants and also their family members
- If the parents of the candidates own a residential plot of 100 sq yards or more under the notified municipalities.
- In case of owning a residential plot of 200 sq yards or above other than the notified municipalities by the parents of the aspirants.
Authorities which can issue an ‘Income and Asset Certificate’
Find the below mentioned list in order to understand the competent authorities for issuing the ‘income and asset certificate’.
- Deputy Commissioner/District Magistrate/Additional’ Deputy Commissioner/ Additional District Magistrate/Sub-Divisional Magistrate/Collector/Extra Assistant Commissioner/Taluka Magistrate! Executive Magistrate/ 1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate
- Revenue Officer, whose rank is not below the Tehsildar
- Presidency Magistrate/Chief Presidency Magistrate/Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate
- Sub divisional officer
- The area, where the aspirant or/and his family is residing
NEET Reservation Criteria for PwD under AIQ
- 5% seats of All-India Quota seats are reserved for Physically Handicapped Candidates.
- Candidates having any kind of locomotor disability can apply for this reservation process. Specifically, their percentage disability falls 40% or above for seats allotted under this scheme. Check more about NEET 2021 Seat Allotment process.
- Due to the unavailability of the aspirants, the remaining vacant seats will be included in the Annual Sanctioned Seats subsequently.
- PwD candidates should have their Certificate of Disability issued while applying for this quota.
The disabled candidates should generate the disability certificate from the following colleges:
- All India Institute of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Mumbai
- Madras Medical College, Chennai
- Vardhman Mahavir Medical College, Delhi
- Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research, Kolkata
Reservation under 85% State Quota Seats
The remaining 85% seats of all the private and government medical colleges come under NEET State Quota eligibility. Hence, the separate counselling is conducted by state/union territories by their respective authority. On the other hand, a merit list is released by the state authority. The seats in state level quota are filled through state level counselling and merit list.
State quota seats rules are governed by the state legislation authorities. It can be checked online on official state counselling websites.
How To Apply For State Quota in NEET 2021?
- Reservation under state quota varies from state-to-state. It varies according to several factors.
- These are vernacular languages, population distribution, male to female ratio and others.
- Applicants should fill details of the state code in the Application form.
- Therefore, he/she is eligible for home state quota.
- Additionally, state domicile copy needs to be uploaded while filling the Application form 2021.
Seat Reservation other than All India Quota
- Based on the All India Rank, the States will release a merit list for the aspirants.
- Under state reservation quota, 85% of seats will be occupied by the state counselling process separately. Respective states and Union Territory will conduct the state counselling process accordingly.
- To know the counselling dates and other procedures simultaneously, the aspirants should contact the respective counselling authority.
- The aspirants should check and also know the state wise process of Arunachal Pradesh State Counselling, Mizoram State Counselling, Assam State Counselling, Chhattisgarh Counselling, Jharkhand, Jammu and also Kashmir and Tamil Nadu.
Before you go for the admission process, you should also know about the NTA NEET 2021 eligibility criteria of the state quota reservation process.
Note: AFMC, Pune follows its own reservation policy. On the other hand, it does not allow concessions for Physically Handicapped aspirants. Hence, to get into the AFMC, the students should check the official website. Afterward, they also need to register their names on the official website for the further screening process.
Reservation in AIIMS/JIPMER/Deemed Universities/Central Universities/Seats of ESIC and AFMC including BHU/AMU
Previously, many colleges/universities had their examination for admissions. But from 2019, all medical institutions in India will come under NEET. However, the admission/reservation policy is still not governed as per the norms set under AIQ or non-AIQ seats.
- Register at – AACCC website for undergraduate medical courses.
- Conducting Authority – DGHS/MoA/AACCC
- Reservation policy – as decided by concerned institution/university
- Register at – MCC website – for MBBS/BDS courses
AFMC, Pune is subject to norms prescribed by Directorate General of Armed Forces Medical Services, Ministry of Defence, Government of India. You must apply on the official website of AFMC – afmc.nic.in. Consequently, to take part in their admissions process using NTA NEET 2021 scores. Furthermore, the screening process of AFMC decides your final admission.
Documents Required for Claiming Reservation
The following table shows the issuing documents in certificate formats. It is published by nodal authorities in the NTA NEET Information bulletin:
|PwD (Locomotor Disability)||Constituted Medical Board only at specific Central Government Hospitals|
Some Notable Things to Remember
- As per All India Quota, the candidates are not able to apply for the Defence Quota in NEET 2021. Only a few states offer the reservation for Defence Quota in NEET. Moreover, to get detailed information, the applicants are required to consequently contact the state counselling authority.
- To participate in the own counselling process, the aspirants should specifically contact Deemed Universities.
- Under AIQ, there is no seat for Management quota. However, only private Universities accept this category. You specifically contact the concerned college for getting the detailed information accordingly.
- For checking state wise quota, the candidates should also follow the state wise counselling sites. For example, these states are Arunachal Pradesh State Counselling, Assam State Counselling, Mizoram State Counselling, Jammu & Kashmir, Chattisgarh Counselling, Tamil Nadu, Jharkhand.
- Hence, the aspirants should also check the NEET state quota eligibility criteria before you apply for it and also for All India quota.
No, 85% state quota seats are reserved for the candidates from the State of their domicile only. Whereas the candidates from outside the state of their domicile can apply in another state only through All India Quota (15% seats).
No. Since NEET 2021 is a national level medical entrance examination, a domicile certificate will not be required for the All India Quota Seats offered by NEET 2017 Counselling.
Ans. Higher secondary or equivalent coursework is needed to apply for the exam. The students should have Physics, Chemistry, English and Biology as compulsory subjects and need to get minimum 50% marks for qualifying the exam.
Ans. There is no restriction of age limit for applying for NEET exam. Nonetheless, if the candidates are above 25 years old, they will need to take orders from the Supreme Court.
Ans. The students should get at least 50% qualifying marks in 12th (for the unreserved candidates). Apart from this, the SC, ST and OBC candidates should get 40% and PwD should get 45% marks in NEET exam.
Ans. The below mentioned candidates are eligible to avail the 15% AIQ seats in NEET 2020 exam:
- Non Resident Indians (NRIs)
- Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs)
- Indian Nationals
- Overseas Citizen of India (OCIs)
- Foreign Nationals
Ans. The reservation scheme can be categorised into three broad aspects and these are, All India Quota, Management and State Quota.