Home » Posts tagged 'NEET Eligibility Criteria'
Tag Archives: NEET Eligibility Criteria
NEET 2021 Eligibility Criteria by NTA has been laid down for candidates who wish to appear for the NEET 2021 examination. Before filling the NEET 2021 Application form, candidates are advised to carefully check NEET UG 2021 Eligibility Criteria.
- NEET 2021 Eligibility Criteria by NTA includes age limit, qualifications, category, nationality, pass percentage and other criteria.
- In order to pursue graduation in the medical field, the basic criteria is to score a minimum 50% in 12th standard board for general category and 45% or 40% for reserved category candidates.
After you meet the NEET UG 2021 Eligibility Criteria, it is necessary to know how to fill NEET form 2021. NTA will open the NEET 2021 Application Form Correction Window after some days of NEET 2021 Application Form release date. NTA has brought some changes in NEET 2021 exam in last few years:
- The candidates are capable of applying for the offline mode NEET 2021 exam, including the residents of J&K.
- NEET 2021 Application fee has been increased from INR 1400 to INR 1500, for the unreserved candidates.
NEET UG 2021 Eligibility Criteria: Overview
|Various Aspects of NEET 2021 Eligibility Criteria by NTA|
|NEET 2021 Age Limit||Applicants must have completed 17 years of age at the time of admission or before 31st December of the year of admission.|
|Maximum attempt||There is no attempt limit from this year (subject to change)|
|Citizenship||Candidates must be Indian. NRIs, PIOs, OCIs and Foreign National are also eligible to apply.|
|Qualification||Candidates must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English|
|Minimum NEET Eligibility Marks in 12th (in PCB)||General – 50%, PwD – 45%, OBC/SC/ST – 40%|
|Appearing Applicants||Candidates who are appearing in class 12th are also eligible for NEET 2021|
NEET UG 2021 Eligibility Criteria – Age Limit
- Applicants must have completed 17 years of age at the time of admission or before 31st December of the year of admission in an institute.
- There is no upper age limit for NEET 2021 exam as per Supreme Court interim order.
- Admissions to colleges for candidates aged 25 or above shall depend on the final judgement of the Supreme Court.
- Both the SC/ST/OBC/PwD/General EWS candidates should be born on or before 31st December, 2003.
|Categories||NEET 2021 Age Limit Eligibility|
|General/ General-EWS Candidates||Born on or before December 31, 2003|
NEET UG 2021 Eligibility Criteria – Qualification Criteria
- Qualifying Exam: Applicants must have qualified their higher secondary examination or International board examination which is recognized and equivalent to 10+2 examination.
- Subjects: Applicants must have passed the qualifying examination with the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and any other elective subjects with English.
- Minimum Marks in 12th: Applicants must secure at least 50% marks for general category, 40% marks (SC/ST/OBC), 45% marks for general physical handicap and 40% marks (SC/ST/OBC-PH) as aggregate score in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Given below is a table showing 12th percentage required for NEET 2021 for various categories.
|Categories||NEET Eligibility Marks|
|General/GEN-EWS||50% marks in the qualifying exam|
|OBC/SC/ST Category||40% marks in the qualifying exam|
|PwD Category||45% marks in the qualifying exam|
Appearing Applicants: Applicants who are in 12th standard are also eligible to apply but they must possess the passing certificates complying with the 12th percentage required in the first round of NEET 2021 counseling.
- The aspirants should know how to fill NEET form 2021 and submit the NEET 2021 Qualifying Examination Codes properly during the online form fill up procedure of the exam.
- Applicants of NIOS can also apply for the NEET 2021 exam. Provided they must have Biology as a subject in 12th and they also qualify other NEET 2021 Eligibility Criteria by NTA.
Note: Marks obtained in Mathematics in 12th standard will not be considered for admission to MBBS/BDS courses. Furthermore, due to the disruption in the education system due to COVID-19, the authorities have made the NEET 2021 syllabus reduced by 30 per cent.
NEET UG 2021 Eligibility Criteria – Qualifying Examination Codes
|Qualification and Qualifying Examination Codes|
|Code 1||Candidates who are appearing in class 12th in 2021, are eligible for NEET 2021. If the candidate does not pass in 12th or fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria at the first round of counselling, will not be eligible for admission.|
|Code 2||Higher/Senior Secondary Examination or ICSE which is equivalent to 10+2 HSE/SSE after a period of 12 year study. The final 2 year study must consist of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology or Mathematics or any other elective subject with English. Candidates must have undertaken 2 years for regular and continuous study of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology subjects. Candidates who have completed 10+2 from NIOS or private Institutes are not eligible for NEET 2021.|
|Code 3||Intermediate/Pre-degree Examination in Science of an Indian University/Board or other recognized examining the body with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and also English as a compulsory subject.|
|Code 4||Pre-professional Examination with PCB & English after passing either the HSE or Pre-University or an equivalent examination. The Pre-professional/Pre-medical examination shall include practical tests in these subjects and also English as a compulsory subject.|
|Code 5||The first year of the three years’ degree with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology including practical tests with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology with English.|
|Code 6||B.Sc candidates of any Indian University. Provided that the candidates has passed the exam with at least two of the subjects from Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany, Zoology) or Bio-technology. Further that the candidate must have passed the qualifying examination with PCB and English|
|Code 7||Passed another examination apart from the above, which is equivalent to intermediate science examination of an Indian University/Board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology. It also includes practical tests. (Foreign Students)|
Read | NEET 2021 Exam Pattern
Get latest news and updates of NEET 2021 through email or SMS by entering your details in below given form:
Name * Email * Mobile * Location *
- Dr Pokhriyal Hints At Two Sessions of NEET 2021, Is It Possible?
- Why Delay NEET 2021 So Long? Students Worried About Future
- NTA Releases NEET 2020 Question Paper PDFs, Check here
- Want to Start Preparation for NEET 2021? Check Smart Study Plan Here
- Time Table for NEET 2021 Preparation
Number of Attempts for NEET 2021 Eligibility
The aspirants are allowed to appear in NEET 2021 exam for an uncountable number of times. They can take the exam as many times as they want. Moreover, the number of attempts for the NEET exam was removed from the year 2018.
NEET 2021 Nationality Eligibility Criteria
- Indian nationals
- Non-resident Indians (NRIs)
- Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs)
- Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs)
- Foreign Nationals
NEET UG 2021 Eligibility Criteria for Foreign/NRI Students- Qualification Criteria
- The foreign/NRI students should pass in Chemistry in order to fulfil their dream to read in Indian Medical Colleges.
- As per the Association of Indian Universities and the MCI regulatory Universities, the foreign/NRI candidates should get a score at least 50% in Physics, Chemistry, Biotechnology/Biology and in English.
- International Baccalaureate or GCSE students can also apply for NEET 2021.
NEET 2021 Eligibility Criteria by NTA for 15% All India Quota Seats
MCC will conduct the online NEET 2021 counseling. In order to take part in All India Quota Counselling, candidates must apply for the same online. NEET 2021 Counseling will be done in two rounds.
- Indian Nationals, NRIs, OCI, PIO and Foreign Candidates can take part in 15% AIQ seats.
- Applicants who belong to Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh are not eligible for 15% All India Quota seats as the state and UT have opted out of AIQ Scheme for admission.
- They can get admission in Private/Deemed Universities or Medical/Dental Colleges. They are also eligible for taking admission in Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune.
- The aspirants, who are put in the waiting list, are capable of getting guidance from DGHS (Director General of Health Services).
- Andhra Pradesh and Telangana shall be taking part in AIQ Scheme beginning this year.
NEET 2021 Eligibility Criteria by NTA for 85% State Quota Seats
85% seats are reserved for State candidates. It is conducted by the state counselling. Candidates must contact the authority to know the respective dates and events. Merit list will be released on the basis of State based Candidates All India rank. The eligibility for the 85% state quota seats are listed below:
- Applicants must have completed 10th and 12th standard from the state
- The students must possess a valid state domicile
- Applicants should possess a valid proof of state residency
- Foreign Nationals, Indian Nationals, OCIs, NRIs, PIOs applicants can take admission under state quota.
NEET UG 2021 Eligibility Criteria for Foreign students/NRI
- If an aspirant has completed his/her study from abroad and now he/she wants to take admission into the Indian medical Colleges, then they need to pass the examinations like Physics, Chemistry, Biotechnology/Biology and need to obtain at least 50% marks in each section. The equivalency of their study will be examined by Association of Indian Universities as MCI regulations.
- The aspirants, who have completed their study from International Baccalaureate (IB)/GCSE or Advanced Placement curriculum in school.
- Indian IB aspirants are also capable of applying for the exam.
Some Notable Information to take Admission in Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune
- Admission procedure will be subject to the regulations, which are specified by the Government of India, Ministry of Defence and by the Directorate General of Armed Force Medical Services.
- In order to appear in the further screening process for getting into AFMC, Pune, the NEET 2021 applicants should check the official website.
- One should contact AFMC to get to know about the detailed information regarding the NEET rules and regulations.
NEET 2021 Eligibility Criteria for Seats in Participating Bodies
Some other medical colleges like Armed Force Medical College (AFMC) Pune, Banaras Hindu University (BHU) Uttar Pradesh, Jamia Hamdard University, Delhi are also participating in NEET 2021 and also considered NEET 2021 scores while taking the admission. AFMC requires an additional screening process even after meeting the criteria for admission. You need to apply for the same separately on the official website of AFMC, Pune. The Overseas Citizen of India may also appear for NEET 2021, subject to the rules of Indian Government. Applicant’s upper and lower age limit shall be considered as per the rules of states/universities/institutions for those who would be seeking admission under the control of affiliated Institutions/Universities/States.
FAQs for NEET Eligibility Criteria 2021
To appear for NEET exam, there is no limit on the number of attempts and it allows candidates to sit for the exam as many times as they want.
No, candidates will not be eligible to appear for the entrance test if they have passed Class 12 from open school or as private candidates.
Yes, candidates are eligible to appear for the exam as long as you qualify the remaining eligibility norms.
Ans. Read the following content for getting to know the eligibility criteria of the general candidates in NEET 2020 exam:
- Need to pass higher secondary or equivalent exams with Chemistry, English, Physics and Biotechnology/Biology.
- Need to get 50% marks in each of the subjects.
- Minimum age limit should be 17 years
Ans. No, there are no such restrictions. The eligible candidates can appear for the exam an uncountable number of times.
Ans. The eligibility of qualifying marks is highlighted in the following:
Ans. Yes you definitely can. Only you need to take special permission from the Supreme Court.
Ans. The below mentioned residents are capable to avail 15% AIQ seats:
- Indian Nationals
- Non Resident Indians (NRIs)
- Overseas Citizen of India (OCIs)
- Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs)
- Foreign Nationals