Home » Posts tagged 'NEET Eligibility Criteria'
Tag Archives: NEET Eligibility Criteria
NEET 2021 Eligibility Criteria by NTA has been laid down for candidates who wish to appear for the NEET 2021 examination. Before filling the NEET 2021 Application form, candidates are advised to carefully check NEET UG 2021 Eligibility Criteria.
- NEET 2021 Eligibility Criteria by NTA includes age limit, qualifications, category, nationality, pass percentage and other criteria.
- In order to pursue graduation in the medical field, the basic criteria is to pass in Physics, English, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology individually and score a minimum of 50% aggregate in 12th standard board (Physics+Chemistry+Biology/Biotechnology) for general category and 45% or 40% for reserved category candidates.
After you meet the NEET UG 2021 Eligibility Criteria, it is necessary to know how to fill NEET form 2021. NTA has already started the application process and applicants can fill up the forms until August 6, 2021. NTA will also open the NEET 2021 Application Form Correction Window from August 8, 2021 to August 12, 2021. A few points to keep in mind are given below:
- The candidates are capable of applying for the offline mode NEET 2021 exam, including the residents of J&K.
- NEET 2021 Application fee has been increased from INR 1400 to INR 1500, for the unreserved candidates.
NEET UG 2021 Eligibility Criteria: Overview
|Various Aspects of NEET 2021 Eligibility Criteria by NTA|
|NEET 2021 Age Limit||Applicants must have completed 17 years of age at the time of admission or before 31st December of the year of admission.|
|Maximum attempt||Candidates above the age of 25 are provisionally allowed to appear for the exam|
|Citizenship||Candidates must be Indian. NRIs, PIOs, OCIs and Foreign National are also eligible to apply.|
|Qualification||Candidates must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English|
|Minimum NEET Eligibility Marks in 12th (in PCB)||General – 50%, PwD – 45%, OBC/SC/ST – 40%|
|Appearing Applicants||Candidates who are appearing in class 12th are also eligible for NEET 2021|
NEET UG 2021 Eligibility Criteria – Age Limit
- Applicants must have completed 17 years of age at the time of admission or before 31st December of the year of admission in an institute.
- There is no upper age limit for NEET 2021 exam as per Supreme Court interim order.
- Admissions to colleges for candidates aged 25 or above shall depend on the final judgement of the Supreme Court.
- The SC/ST/OBC/PwD/General EWS candidates are given a relaxation of 5 years in the upper age limit.
|Categories||NEET Eligibility Age Limit|
|General/ General-EWS Candidates||Born on or before December 31, 2004|
NEET UG 2021 Eligibility Criteria – Qualification Criteria
- Qualifying Exam: Applicants must have qualified their higher secondary examination or International board examination which is recognized and equivalent to 10+2 examination.
- Subjects: Applicants must have passed the qualifying examination with the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and any other elective subjects with English.
- Minimum Marks in 12th: 12th percentage required for NEET 2021 varies as per the category of candidates. Applicants must secure at least 50% marks for general category, 40% marks (SC/ST/OBC), 45% marks for general physical handicap and 40% marks (SC/ST/OBC-PH) as aggregate scores in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Below is a table showing the 12th percentage required for NEET 2021 for various categories.
|Categories||NEET Eligibility Marks|
|General/GEN-EWS||50% marks in the qualifying exam|
|OBC/SC/ST Category||40% marks in the qualifying exam|
|PwD Category||45% marks in the qualifying exam|
Appearing Applicants: Applicants who are in 12th standard are also eligible to apply but they must possess the passing certificates complying with the 12th percentage required in the first round of NEET 2021 counseling.
- The aspirants should know how to fill NEET form 2021 and submit the NEET 2021 Qualifying Examination Codes properly during the online form fill up procedure of the exam.
- Applicants of NIOS can also apply for the NEET 2021 exam. Provided they must have Biology as a subject in 12th and they also qualify other NEET 2021 Eligibility Criteria by NTA. however, this is subject to the outcome of the Special Leave Petition filed by the Medical Council of India.
Note: Marks obtained in Mathematics in 12th standard will not be considered for admission to MBBS/BDS courses. Furthermore, due to the disruption in the education system due to COVID-19, the authorities have made the NEET 2021 syllabus reduced by 30 per cent.
NEET UG 2021 Eligibility Criteria – Qualifying Examination Codes
|Qualification and Qualifying Examination Codes|
|Code 1||Candidates who are appearing in class 12th in 2021, are eligible for NEET 2021. If the candidate does not pass in 12th or fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria at the first round of counselling, will not be eligible for admission.|
|Code 2||Higher/Senior Secondary Examination or ICSE which is equivalent to 10+2 HSE/SSE after a period of 12 year study. The final 2 year study must consist of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology or Mathematics or any other elective subject with English. Candidates must have undertaken 2 years for regular and continuous study of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology subjects.|
|Code 3||Intermediate/Pre-degree Examination in Science of an Indian University/Board or other recognized examination body with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and also English as a compulsory subject.|
|Code 4||Pre-professional Examination with PCB & English after passing either the HSE or Pre-University or an equivalent examination. The Pre-professional/Pre-medical examination shall include practical tests in these subjects and also English as a compulsory subject.|
|Code 5||The first year of the three years’ degree with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology including practical tests with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology with English.|
|Code 6||B.Sc candidates of any Indian University. Provided that the candidates has passed the exam with at least two of the subjects from Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany, Zoology) or Bio-technology. Further that the candidate must have passed the qualifying examination with PCB and English|
|Code 7||Passed another examination apart from the above, which is equivalent to the intermediate science examination of an Indian University/Board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology. It also includes practical tests. (Foreign Students)|
Number of Attempts for NEET 2021 Eligibility
The aspirants are allowed to appear in NEET 2021 exam for an uncountable number of times. They can take the exam as many times as they want. Moreover, the number of attempts for the NEET exam was removed from the year 2018.
NEET 2021 Nationality Eligibility Criteria
- Indian nationals
- Non-resident Indians (NRIs)
- Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs)
- Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs)
- Foreign Nationals
NEET UG 2021 Eligibility Criteria for Foreign/NRI Students- Qualification Criteria
- The foreign/NRI students should pass in Chemistry in order to fulfil their dream to read in Indian Medical Colleges.
- As per the Association of Indian Universities and the MCI regulatory Universities, the foreign/NRI candidates should get a score at least 50% in Physics, Chemistry, Biotechnology/Biology and in English.
- International Baccalaureate or GCSE students can also apply for NEET 2021.
- Want to Start Preparation for NEET 2021? Check Smart Study Plan Here
- Time Table for NEET 2021 Preparation
NEET 2021 Eligibility Criteria by NTA for 15% All India Quota Seats
MCC will conduct the online NEET 2021 counseling. In order to take part in All India Quota Counselling, candidates must apply for the same online. NEET 2021 Counseling will be done in two rounds.
- Indian Nationals, NRIs, OCI, PIO and Foreign Candidates can take part in 15% AIQ seats.
- Applicants who belong to Jammu & Kashmir are not eligible for 15% All India Quota seats as the state and UT have opted out of AIQ Scheme for admission.
- They can get admission in Private/Deemed Universities or Medical/Dental Colleges. They are also eligible for taking admission in Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune.
- The aspirants, who are put in the waiting list, are capable of getting guidance from DGHS (Director General of Health Services).
- Andhra Pradesh and Telangana shall be taking part in the AIQ Scheme beginning this year.
NEET 2021 Eligibility Criteria by NTA for 85% State Quota Seats
85% seats are reserved for State candidates. It is conducted by the state counselling. Candidates must contact the authority to know the respective dates and events. Merit list will be released on the basis of State based Candidates All India rank. The eligibility for the 85% state quota seats are listed below:
- Applicants must have completed 10th and 12th standard from the state
- The students must possess a valid state domicile
- Applicants should possess a valid proof of state residency
- Foreign Nationals, Indian Nationals, OCIs, NRIs, PIOs applicants can take admission under state quota.
NEET UG 2021 Eligibility Criteria for Foreign students/NRI
- If an aspirant has completed his/her study from abroad and now he/she wants to take admission into the Indian medical Colleges, then they need to pass the examinations like Physics, Chemistry, Biotechnology/Biology and need to obtain at least 50% marks in each section. The equivalency of their study will be examined by Association of Indian Universities as MCI regulations.
- The aspirants, who have completed their study from International Baccalaureate (IB)/GCSE or Advanced Placement curriculum in school.
- Indian IB aspirants are also capable of applying for the exam.
- NEET Photo and Other Document’s Size and Format
- NEET UG 2021 Eligibility Criteria for Foreign Candidates
Some Notable Information to take Admission in Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune
- Admission procedure will be subject to the regulations, which are specified by the Government of India, Ministry of Defence and by the Directorate General of Armed Force Medical Services.
- In order to appear in the further screening process for getting into AFMC, Pune, the NEET 2021 applicants should check the official website.
- One should contact AFMC to get to know about the detailed information regarding the NEET rules and regulations.
NEET 2021 Eligibility Criteria for Seats in Participating Bodies
Some other medical colleges like Armed Force Medical College (AFMC) Pune, Banaras Hindu University (BHU) Uttar Pradesh, Jamia Hamdard University, Delhi are also participating in NEET 2021. They will also consider NEET 2021 scores for giving admissions.
- AFMC requires an additional screening process even after meeting the criteria for admission. You need to apply for the same separately on the official website of AFMC, Pune.
- The Overseas Citizen of India may also appear for NEET 2021, subject to the rules of Indian Government.
- Applicant’s upper and lower age limit shall be considered as per the rules of states/universities/institutions for those who would be seeking admission under the control of affiliated Institutions/Universities/States.
FAQs for NEET Eligibility Criteria 2021
How many times, am I eligible to appear for NEET exam?
To appear for the NEET exam, there is no limit on the number of attempts as NTA allows candidates to sit for the exam as many times as they want.
Q.Is a candidate eligible to apply for NEET 2021 if he/she has completed Class 11 and Class 12 from an open school?
Yes, such candidates will be eligible to appear for the entrance test subject to the outcome of the Special Leave Petition filed by the Medical Council of India.
Q. Are candidates eligible to appear for the exam if they have a gap of 1 year in their academics?
Yes, candidates are eligible to appear for the exam as long as you qualify the remaining eligibility norms.
Ques. Being an unreserved category, what is the eligibility criteria of mine for applying for the NEET 2021 exam?
Ans. Read the following content for getting to know the eligibility criteria of the general candidates in NEET 2021 exam:
- Need to pass higher secondary or equivalent exams with Chemistry, English, Physics and Biotechnology/Biology.
- Need to get 50% marks in each of the subjects.
- Minimum age limit should be 17 years
Ques. What are the required qualifying scores in XII for appearing in the NEET exam?
Ans. The eligibility of qualifying marks is highlighted in the following:
Unreserved : 50%
SC/ST/OBC : 40%
PwD : 45%
Ques. I am 27 years old. Can I apply for the exam?
Ans. Yes you can provisionally appear for NEET 2021.
Ques. Who will apply for 15% AIQ seats?
Ans. The below mentioned residents are capable to avail 15% AIQ seats:
- Indian Nationals
- Non Resident Indians (NRIs)
- Overseas Citizen of India (OCIs)
- Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs)
- Foreign Nationals