Home » Posts tagged 'NEET 2021 Merit List'
Tag Archives: NEET 2021 Merit List
The National Testing Authority (NTA) will declare both the NEET 2021 Cut off and the state-wise merit list in the month of September-October 2021 (tentatively). Revised NEET 2021 exam date has already been announced by NTA. NEET 2021 merit list by NTA will be released and provided to the counselling body, i.e., DGHS, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India to provide the same to the admitting authorities.
- This NEET 2021 merit list will be taken as the base for the counselling. It is always prepared on the basis of the result and the scores of the candidates appearing in the NEET examination.
- NTA always releases two types of ranks, i.e., All India Rank (AIR) and All India Quota (AIQ) rank. Separate merit lists are prepared for 15% All India Quota seats and 85% state quota seats.
- NEET Merit List 2021 by NTA will provide the names of the candidates in order of merit.
- Students can access the NEET 2021 merit list by visiting the official website of NTA NEET 2021.
- The state counselling committees will release the state-wise NEET 2021 rank list for admission to 85% state quota seats and all seats in private medical and dental colleges.
- Apart from MBBS and BDS, admission to AYUSH courses and 525 BVSc & AH courses will be done on the basis of NEET 2021 Merit List.
- NEET 2021 is scheduled to be conducted on September 12, 2021 in pen and paper mode. Check Exam dates
- NTA has increased the number of exam centres for NEET 2021. Candidates can also select upto 4 preferences now.
- NEET 2021 admit cards will be released 3 days prior to the scheduled exam date.
NEET 2021 Merit List
NTA will release two NEET 2020 merits lists (probably at the end of June), one for All India Rankers and the other one for Quota candidates.
- The All India Merit List will include the rank numbers of the candidates who appeared for NEET 2021 along with their marks, the cut off score and cut off percentile. It will also show the total number of candidates appearing for the examination. However, It will not take into accord the candidate’s category or their stance towards the AIQ reservation.
- NTA prepares different types of merit lists including All India NEET 2021 Rank list, All India 50% Quota Rank Merit list, All India 50% Category rank list, State/ Union Territories NEET Merit List.
- State medical councils will prepare their own NEET Merit List 2021s for counselling on the basis of the applicant’s eligibility on the basis of their domicile requirement. It will depict the state rank of candidates on a comparative scale with applicants from the same state.
Types of NEET 2021 Merit List
|NEET Merit List||Rank|
|All India Merit List||
|All India Quota Merit List||
|States’ Merit List||
NEET 2021 Expected Cut off
To be eligible for the NEET 2021 counselling process candidates must obtain minimum qualifying marks. NTA declares NEET Cut off along with the NEET 2021 results. Candidates can check the table mentioned below for the NEET 2021 expected cut off marks:-
|Category||Cut off Score||Cut Off Percentile|
|OBC/ SC/ ST||146-113||40th|
|OBC/ SC/ ST- PH||128-113||40th|
Eligibility For NEET Merit List 2021
To be eligible to give the NEET 2021 entrance examination and to qualify to appear in the Merit List, Candidates must ensure that they clear the following criteria:
- Education Qualification: The candidate should have a Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology as the compulsory subject in +2 level or the qualifying examination.
- Qualifying Marks: For the General category students, the candidates must have obtained at least 50% marks in the qualifying examination. While the candidates belonging to OBC, SC, ST should obtain 40% marks in order to qualify. For the General category- Physically Handicapped candidates, they must score 45% marks in qualifying examination in order to be eligible to appear in NEET 2021 Merit List.
- Candidates who will be giving Class XII examination are also eligible to give the NEET 2021 examination. They will be given the admission on the provisional basis.
- Age: The candidate should be 17 years of age by December 31, 2020. There is no upper age limit for NEET 2021 as per an interim order of the supreme court. However, the candidature of aspirants more than 25 years of age is subject to the final orders of the Supreme Court.
- Number of Attempts: Candidates can appear in the examination as many times as they want. There is no limit on the number of attempts.
- The candidates who have biology as their optional subject can also appear for the NEET 2021 entrance examination.
Check | NEET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Students will get admission in the various UG courses like MBBS and BDS in the top medical colleges of the country through NEET 2021 exam. If students obtain the same marks in the exam then the tie-breaking formula will be applied. Following method will be used for tie-breaking:
- Marks in Biology: The student securing higher marks in Biology will be given the top rank.
- Marks in Chemistry: If tie still persists, the student securing higher marks in Chemistry will be given the top rank.
- Incorrect Answers: Candidates with less number of attempted incorrect answers in all the three subjects in the NEET 2021 exam will be ranked high.
- Age: If the tie still persists, students older in age will be considered.
Merit List For 15% All India Quota Seats
National Testing Agency declares three types of merit list for the NEET aspirants. One of them is All India Quota seats which ensures 15% reservation to reserved category candidates. Candidates clearing the NEET 2021 cut off marks and coming under this reservation category are eligible to come under this Merit list.
Highlights of the NEET 2021 Merit List:
- The NEET 2021 counselling for the candidates appearing in the All India Quota Merit list will be done on the basis of their All India Quota rank only.
- NTA will forward the AIQ merit list to the Directorate General of Health Services (Medical Examination Cell), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India for further admission procedure.
- Candidates from Jammu and Kashmir will need to submit a self- declaration form to participate in this counselling procedure.
- Also, the candidates from Andhra Pradesh and Telangana do not need to submit a self- declaration form to participate in this counselling procedure.
Merit List For 85% Seats Other Than All India Quota Seats
Candidates clearing the cut off marks are eligible to come under the NEET Merit List 2021. For the remaining 85% seats, NTA will provide the result to DGHS for further evaluation:-
- In the merit list, Candidates are provided with their All India Rank.
- All the admitting authorities release their own NEET 2021 cut off and merit list on the basis of All India Ranks and the seats available in colleges after the NEET 2021 Merit list is declared and admissions are provided.
- Also, State Counselling will be conducted by the respective state counselling authorities. Candidates must check their websites to stay updated.
- Deemed universities will conduct their own counselling procedure.
- Want to Start Preparation for NEET 2021? Check Smart Study Plan Here
- Time Table for NEET 2021 Preparation
NEET 2021 Counselling
NTA will issue a call letter for NEET 2021 counselling and the candidates will get the information associated with the schedule, procedure and fee structure etc. There are numerous authorities who conduct the NEET 2021 counselling. Find the following content for getting information on the same:
NEET 2021 Counselling by MCC
The counselling for the 15% All India Quota seats will be organized by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC). The counselling process will be conducted online and candidates can fill the choice of the colleges according to their rank list. The categories required for MCC counselling process are described in the following:
- 15% AIQ seats both in the dental colleges and governmental medical colleges across the states (Except Jammu and Kashmir)
- Seats in Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC) in Pune
- 100% seats are reserved in Deemed and Central Universities.
- Seats reserved for Wards in IP Quota in the ESIC Medical colleges.
NEET 2021 Counselling By State Authorities
Counselling for another 85% state quota seats is regulated by the respective authority. After the NEET 2021 result declaration, candidates can register themselves for the counselling round. They can participate in the NEET counselling process according to the rank they score in the NEET 2021.
- NEET 2021 Counselling for state quota seats will be conducted by the different state counselling authorities during this same period.
- The counselling for filling up the remaining seats in various state and private medical colleges will be conducted by the state authorities.
Documents required at the time of Counselling:
- Class 10th and 12th Mark sheets and Passing certificate.
- ID Proof of the candidates along with the passport size photographs
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- NEET 2021 Admit Card
- NEET All India Rank certificate
Answer: NTA will release the NEET 2021 merit list.
Answer: The merit list will be released in September or October (tentatively).
Answer: No, NTA will release admit cards 3 days prior to the exam date.
Answer: You can choose 4 preferences for exam centres.