Home » Posts tagged 'NEET Scholarship'
Tag Archives: NEET Scholarship
Getting admission to top medical colleges is the dream of many science students. But sometimes sponsoring the education to get an MBBS degree can become a challenging task for the aspirants. To help deserving students achieve their dream of becoming a doctor, many government and private institutes offer a scholarship for NEET. The scholarship for NEET is aimed at helping students sponsor their education, so it doesn’t get affected due to a lack of funds. The scholarships for the medical students are granted according to their NEET scores, scores in class 10th or 12th, and the yearly income of their families. We have prepared the list of the most famous scholarships for NEET that can be opted by the medical aspirants in India.
Why are MBBS Scholarships important for Indian Students?
The cost of studying medicine is higher in India, especially in case you plan to pursue a medical course from a private college. In comparison to the private colleges, the tuition fee is on a lower side in government colleges, but getting admission in these colleges is not an easy task. Each year more than 10 lakh students appear for the NEET so the chances of getting admission to the government medical colleges are very low. Out of the total 66,771 medical seats, less than half (almost 30,455 seats) are offered by the government institutions while the remaining seats are offered to the students in private medical colleges and universities.
Solve NEET 2020 Sample Papers
The cost to pursue a medical course from a private college is almost INR 6-8 lakh per annum. Thus, to help all the medical students lower their financial burden, lots of organizations (private and government) offer financial aid scholarships or scholarships for NEET to the deserving medical aspirants.
Top Scholarships for NEET
The medical field is one of the most popular career options among science stream students. However, a lack of funds acts as a barrier to getting a medical degree. Currently, MBBS from a private medical institute costs a bare minimum of 30 lacs. Therefore, many organizations come forward and help students by financially supporting them. Some of the NEET scholarship include:
Some of the scholarship for NEET aspirants who have completed their higher secondary education are-
- College Admission Scholarship Application (CASA)
- Schindler Igniting Minds Scholarships
- INSPIRE Scholarship
- AICTE Pragati Scholarship for Girls
- Foundation For Excellence (FFE) Scholarship
- Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Ignite Awards
- National Scholarship Test (NST)
- Combined Counselling Board (CCB) Scholarship
- Indian Oil Academics Scholarship
College Admission Scholarship Application (CASA)
College Admission Scholarship Admission (CASA) is one of the most liked scholarships among 12th graduate students. Students looking for scholarships for NEET can get quality higher education without worrying about the finances as, under this scholarship, a 100% tuition fee waiver is offered to the students. The process to apply to this scholarship starts in June and there is no application fee to apply.
Eligibility for CASA
- Students must have completed Class12th examination from CBSE, ICSE or any other well-known and recognized state board.
- Students who have completed graduation are also allowed to apply, in case they want to do post-graduation courses. However, this scholarship is mainly suggested for the students who have completed their class 12th want funding for the UG course in medicine.
Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Ignite Awards
The Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Ignite Awards is offered by the National Innovation Foundation to motivate young minds and allow them to showcase their talent and innovations to the world. Ignite Awards are national competition awards organized to promote the creative and innovative minds of children.
- Students up to Class 12th are allowed to take part in these awards.
- They can send their ideas for the Ignite Awards.
- The candidates must not be more than 17-18 years, in case applying for these awards.
- If you recently completed your schooling, then also you are allowed to apply.
Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students
The Human Resources Development Ministry’s Department of Higher Education grants their scholarship as the Central Sector Scheme for Top Colleges and Universities Students. This scholarship for NEET qualified candidates and other students is granted directly by the Government of India for low income families. It also covers general category students with reservation as per government policies.
- Candidate must have obtained above 80th percentile in 10+2 or Boards or equivalent
- Family income must be lesser than INR 8 lakh per annum
- Scholarship Amount – INR 10,000 for each academic year (graduate level)
- Scholarship Amount – INR 20,000 for each academic year (postgraduate level)
- Total Seats – 82,000 (50% earmarked for girls)
- Official website – https://scholarships.gov.in/
Combined Counselling Board Scholarship for Professional Courses
Combined Counselling Board also offers medical scholarship by the name Combined Counselling Board Scholarship to the qualifying students. The aspiring candidates can apply online by visiting the official website; the scholarship opens July month (tentatively). Under NEET scholarship, hostel fee is also included.
- Minimum – Minimum 40-50% (based on the medical course) in class 12 or an equivalent.
- The candidates must hold the required degree according to their courses.
- Amount – Up to INR 4 Lakh.
- Total Seat – CCB holds almost 10% -20% of seats in numerous courses and branches of India’s leading institutes.
Check NEET 2020 Cut Off
This scholarship for NEET is offered by the Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) to the MBBS aspirants who belong to socially and economically weaker backgrounds and want to pursue graduation in medicine. This scholarship covers tuition fees, maintenance fees, books allowance, travel allowance, clothing allowance, and miscellaneous allowance.
- Students who have passed Class XII from a recognized board in India
- 1st year under-graduate students.
- Students whose Class XII result are not declared need to apply after declaration of result.
- Students who belong to socially and economically weaker sections of society (SC/ST/BPL Category)
Vahani is a non-profit organization that offers the Vahani Scholarship to the students planning to do undergraduate medical courses. The candidates belonging to the economically weaker backgrounds are entitled to apply for it. The candidates are shortlisted based on academic excellence, consistency & application quality, and economic hardships.
- Amount – It includes complete tuition fee, accommodation, a tablet is also provided to the students.
- Total Seats – 20 per year
The All India Pre-Medical Scholarship Test (AIPMST)
Students who want to pursue medical courses can opt for this scholarship by giving All India Pre-Medical Scholarship Test (AIPMST). The test is provided by Brainztorm Technical Excellence. The aspiring candidates need to apply online in March (tentatively) to get a NEET scholarship.
The minimum eligibility to apply for this test include:
- At least 60% in 12th class
- The applicants who are less than 26 years in age are allowed to apply.
- Amount – complete tuition fee waiver (depending on the score)
Nationwide Education and Scholarship Test (NEST Senior)
Nationwide Education and Scholarship Test, a test jointly conducted by the SEMCI India and Students’ Unity Foundation of India, is taken to offer scholarships to the medical students. This scholarship is provided in 65 major cities across India.
- Must be a student of MBBS/BAMS/BHMS/BDS and have completed class 12 with minimum qualifying percentage.
- 3rd and 4th-year students for the ‘Senior II’ category can apply.
- Students are allowed to apply online for the NEST Senior scholarship.
- Amount – Tuition fee with the maximum amount worth INR 50,000
- Candidate scoring Rank 1 in this exam gets a scholarship for NEET worth INR 1 lac.
Bharati Scheme for Education (BSE) Andhra Pradesh
The Andhra Pradesh Brahmin Welfare Corporation offers this scholarship to encourage Brahmin students to pursue higher education. This scheme provides financial assistance to poor Brahmin students. It covers education of the students from 1st standard to post graduation.
- Candidates’ parents belonging to the Brahmin community living in Andhra Pradesh will be considered.
- The candidates must have cleared all the subjects.
- Candidates with family income less than INR 3 lakh per annum will be considered.
- No other scholarship benefit can be used by the receiver, excluding the benefits of the Archaka Welfare Trust.
- The aspirants can apply online for the BSE scheme by visiting the website of Andhra Pradesh Brahmin Welfare Corporation.
- Amount – Up to INR 20,000.
Dr Shamanur Shivashankarappa Janakalyan Trust’s Scholarship Program
This fellowship is granted by Dr Shamanur Shivashankarappa Janakalyana Trust. The scholarship is awarded as a pure scholarship and not as a load/sponsorship to be paid back. It is awarded to financially assist students in various fields such as Engineering, Management, Law, Nursing, Medicine and Dental sciences.
- Candidate needs to be a resident of Karnataka
- His/her family income must not be more than INR 1 lakh per annum.
- The candidates must have studied as regular students at renowned institutes.
- 10th/SSLC score needs to be higher than 85 percentile for BDS courses, where more than 90 percentile for MBBS courses
All India Youth Scholarship Entrance Examination (AIYSEE)
AIYSEE is one of the renowned and prestigious scholarships for NEET programs available in India. The scholarship is offered by the organization which is registered under the Ministry of finance. The medical aspirants can apply online in February to get considered for this scholarship.
- Must have cleared or giving class 12 exams
- Students planning to give medical or technical examinations can apply.
- Amount – Financial Assistance
Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship
This scholarship for NEET is provided by the Government of West Bengal; the aspirants can apply online by visiting West Bengal Minorities Development & Finance Corporation’s application page. The scholarship opens in January.
- Must be a West Bengal’s resident, and have completed schooling from West Bengal only.
- Must have obtained at least 75% in 12th class (including two language subjects on five subjects).
- Family income must be less than INR 2.5 lakh per annum.
- Amount -Up to INR 8000 per month.
- NEET Counselling 2020: Round 1 Result For MBBS, BDS Out; Download Seat Allotment Letter
- NTA Announces NEET 2020 Results and Final Answer Keys For All Sets
- NTA Releases NEET 2020 Question Paper PDFs On The Official Website
- NEET 2020 Answer Key: Challenge window is open till 29 September
- Want to Start Preparation for NEET 2021? Check Plan Here
- Time Table for NEET 2021 Preparation
Swami Dayanand Education Foundation Merit-cum-Means Scholarships
This scholarship is offered by Swami Dayanand Education Foundation; the students looking for a scholarship for NEET can apply for this scholarship in August. The students can apply in any of the ways, including online and offline.
- The aspirants pursuing MBBS, Pharmacy, Engineering, IT or Architecture from the government or private institutions in India can apply.
- The applicants must have taken admission to the required course post-qualifying exam organized by the Central / State board.
- Must have obtained at least 75% in 12th class or 7.5 average grade points in 10 point scale system.
- Yearly income of the family needs to be less than or equal INR 6 Lakh per annum.
- The candidates must not receive any other fellowship.
- Amount – Up to INR 50,000 per annum.
Sikh Human Development Foundation (SHDF) Scholarships
Nishkam Sikh Welfare Council, New Delhi along with Sikh Human Development Foundation, U.S.A. jointly offers the SHDF scholarships. The aspirants need to apply offline in August, the application form can be downloaded from the Nishkam Sikh Welfare Council website.
- The applicants must be passed 12th or graduate.
- Must have obtained at least 60% in the previous two examinations.
- Family income must not be more than INR 1.8 lakhs per annum.
- Amount – Up to INR 30,000.
Bigyani Kanya Medhabruti Scholarship (JBNSTS)
JBNSTS fellowship is offered by the Jagadis Bose National Science Talent Search (JBNSTS), Kolkata. Candidates seeking a scholarship for NEET can apply in any of the ways, including online or offline by visiting the official website in July. Other than the Bigyani Kanya Medhabritti, JBNSTS also provides Senior and Junior scholarships schemes.
- The scholarship is offered to girls only.
- Applicants need to clear class 12 or equivalent exams and want to do a degree program such as medical / engineering / B.Sc. (Hons).
- The institute from where the candidate plans to do the course must be located enrolled in West Bengal.
- Amount – INR 3000 per month apart from DST-INSPIRE scholarship of worth 80,000 per annum and annual book grant of INR 2000.
Besides the above-mentioned scholarship for NEET, many other options can be considered to get additional financial support. Getting scholarships is a great way to lower the mental pressure of paying hefty tuition fees at renowned medical colleges and universities. Awareness about these scholarships will help the medical aspirants in utilizing the available resources to the fullest. The eligibility criteria, entrance exam, selection method, etc. of these scholarships differ from each other, so keep on referring to these sites to gather detailed understanding regarding the same.