Home » Posts tagged 'NEET PG Syllabus'
Tag Archives: NEET PG Syllabus
National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (Post Graduate), also known as NEET PG, is conducted annually by NBE. NEET PG 2020 is meant for admission into MD/MS/PG Diploma courses. NEET PG is scheduled for a single day in a single shift. NEET PG exam pattern is declared by NBE every year.
Note– NEET PG 2020 Counselling Process has halted by the counselling committee due to spread of COVID-19.
NEET PG Exam pattern consists of 300 questions which aspirants should complete within the exam duration of 3 hours 30 minutes. No extra time is allotted to any candidate for completing their exam. NEET PG exam syllabus with the important topics from all subjects makes the preparation easy for aspirants.
NEET PG Exam Pattern
NEET PG Exam Pattern is completely online with no offline facility. There will be no subjective questions, and only MCQs will be asked. The number of question in each topic will be different.
|Duration||3 hours 30 minutes|
|Number of questions||300|
|Type of questions||Multiple-choice questions|
|Marking Scheme||-1 for an incorrect answer
+4 for every correct answer
|Total number of questions from section A||50|
|Social and Preventive Medicine||25|
|Total number of questions from section B||100|
|General Surgery Including Orthopedics, Anaesthesia and Radiodiagnosis||45|
|General Medicine Including Dermatology & Venereology & Psychiatry||45|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology||30|
|Total number of questions from section C||150|
Detailed NEET PG Exam Pattern
NEET PG 2020 exam will be conducted in online mode and only MCQs questions will be asked. Candidates will get 3 hours 30 minutes to complete the exam. The aspirants will be awarded with 4 marks for every correct answer and 1 mark will be duducted for every incorrect answer. The total of 300 questions will be asked in the NEET PG 2020 in which candidates can score maximum of 300 Marks.
- Aspirants are required to accept a Non Discolusure Agrrement before starting the exam.
- Aspirants will be provided a demo test 15 minutes before the exam time.
- NEET PG 2020 will be based on the syllabus taught in the MBBS curriculum including Para-Clinical, Pre-clinical and Clinical subjects.
Pattern of Demo Test
- Demo test is a sample test of on-line examination.
- The purpose of demo test conduction is to make the aspirants aware about the navigation and functionality of NEET PG exam.
- The aspirants would be able to know about the features of the test such as screens, selecting, de-selecting, reviewing and marking responses etc.
- In a nutshell, demo test will lead to minimise the difficulty level to face in the actual test.
15 minutes Tutorial
- 15 minutes tutorial will lead the students to make a deep understanding about the NEET PG computer based test.
- Similar to the demo test, 15 minute tutorial offers the candidates to learn about the navigation and featuring of online test.
- The aspirants are advised to go through the entire tutorial of 15 minutes before starting of actual exam
- Once the applicants complete the 15 minutes tutorial, they need to accept a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) before starting the actual exam.
NEET PG Marking Scheme
Syllabus of NEET PG 2020:
The NEET PG syllabus 2020 exam is prepared by MCI as per the Graduate Medical Education Regulations with the consent of Government of India. Candidate should be well versed in the syllabus. Below is the detailed table:
|Pre Clinical Sub (phase 1)||Para Clinical Sub (phase 2)||Clinical Sub (Phase 1 and Phase 2)|
|Human Anatomy||Pathology||Medicines and its specialties|
|Intro to Humanities & Community Medicine||Pharmalogy||Surgery and its specialties|
|Human Physiology with Bio Physics||Forensic Medicine||Radiotherapy|
|Community Medicine||Radio Diagnosis|
|–||–||Obstetrics And Gynecology|
Important Topics for NEET PG 2020
These tests include 15 different topics with 300 multiple choice questions. With the syllabus, the candidate can focus on the subjects to be done. Below is the table with marks and questions in numbers:
|Obstetrics and Gynecology||25||25|
|Radio Diagnosis and Radio Therapy||12(6+6)||12|
|Surgery, ENT,Orthopaedics and Anesthesia||46||46|
|Social and Preventive Medicine||25||25|
|Medicine Dermatology and Venereology||37||37|
New additions to NEET PG Exam Pattern
NEET PG is held as one session exam from 2020. It is held in a single day and a single shift all over the countries. They have also introduced the negative marking scheme from this year itself for every wrong answer 1 marks each will be deducted. Aadhar card is mandatory for all the candidates unless they are from domicile in Jammu & Kashmir, Meghalaya and Assam.
NEET 2020 PG Reference Books
The applicants will get an idea about the correct exam pattern while they go through the NEET 2020 PG Reference Books. In addition, they will have an understanding on the category of questions.
|Name of the Books||Author Name||ISBN|
|All India PG Medical Entrance Exam with Answers||Gupta, Krishnamurthy & Sethi||978-8123925776|
|DNB CET Review for Primary and Post Diploma||Vaibhav Bharat & Ishad Aggarwal||978-8189477219|
|DAMS Beat The NEET||Sumer K Sethi||978-8184451214|
|Self Assessment and Review of NEET Pattern Question||Arvind Arora||978-9380438658|
|Postgraduate Medical Entrance Exam, Volume 2 & 3||Amit Tripathi & Ashish Gupta||978-9380438771|
How to prepare to NEET PG 2020
Preparation is very important for any exams. So the candidates must prepare well before the exam. For NEET PG 2020 exam the candidate should first go through the exam pattern and the syllabus shared so that they get a view of the structure of the test and topics on which the multiple choice questions would come
- Start solving the sample papers or the old papers
- After solving the old sample or question papers the candidate must analyze the answers so that the candidate can know the preparation level
- While solving the question paper, you should keep a track of the duration of 3 hours 30 minutes
Candidates can also take a DEMO test for the check. The candidates who have registered for this exam can only take this DEMO test. With the help of the NEET PG Demo test they will be able to know the test structure, navigation layout and other major functions of the actual test.
Medical Council of India (MCI) issues syllabus for NEET PG 2020 to facilitate right preparation. NEET PG Syllabus is from graduate level medical courses which is regulated by MCI. NEET PG 2020 exam pattern is same as previous years. Candidates can download it via the official website or from here.
Note- NEET PG 2020 Counselling has halted till next official announcement by the counselling committee.
In an attempt to prepare better, aspirants do not stick to the NEET PG syllabus. Aspirants are advised to strictly follow the syllabus to score well. One should consider NEET PG preparation tips while studying for the exam. NEET PG is scheduled for January 5, 2020 and the result was declared on January 30, 2020.