Home » Posts tagged 'NEET 2020 COVID-19 Advisory'
Tag Archives: NEET 2020 COVID-19 Advisory
COVID-19 pandemic is fatal and also already taken away more than 50,000 lives in India. To ensure the health and safety of students taking the NEET UG 2020, NTA has released the COVID-19 Advisory for all staff and candidates attending the NEET Exam Centres.
NEET 2020 COVID-19 Advisory has been released just a day after the JEE Main 2020 COVID-19 Advisory on Safety Protocols to follow. Both are similarly framed in a sequence of –
- Pre-Examination Controls / Measures
- Exam Conduct Controls / Measures at Examination Centres
- Post Examination Controls / Measures at Examination Centres
Mentioned below are the controls / measures under all 3 heads.
Pre-Examination Controls / Measures
- Candidates must maintain a safe distance of around 6 feet as per the social distancing norms.
- NTA has devised a seating plan that will allow candidates to sit at a safe distance from each other as per social distancing norms.
- Few new changes will be introduced in NEET 2020 Admit card-
- Admit cards will provide instructions to maintain social distancing and other COVID-19 Guidelines / Advisory.
- Candidates will be asked to report in Staggered Time Slots at the examination centres – to be printed as “Slot (time)” such as 11.00 A.M. -11.30 A.M. This will decrease huge crowds.
- It will provide a list of items permitted in exam halls
- A hyperlink to the location of the exam centre /venue will also be provided (under digital format) to verify the location of the NEET Exam Centre in advance.
- PwD candidates availing the facility of scribe will be required to wear a mask along with the scribe.
- All necessary sanitizing equipment will be used at exam halls to ensure proper sanitization before a shift starts.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at the entry gates, registrations desk, server rooms and other important entry points to ensure proper sanitization.
- Staff will be required to use gloves and masks which will be dumped in dustbins at the end of each shift as per SOP (Standard Operating Procedure).
Also Read NEET Exam Day Instructions
During Entry at NEET 2020 Exam Centres
A set of rules will be followed on entry of candidates at NEET Exam Centres.
- Candidates will report in batches as per time mentioned in their NEET (UG) 2020 Admit Cards. This will ensure a limited crowd at entry gates.
- Time slots for staggered (slot-wise) entry will be communicated to candidates through SMS (on registered mobile number) and Admit Cards.
- Thermal Guns will be used to check body temperatures of candidates.
- If the temperature is less than 99.4 F, they will be forwarded for frisking.
- But if the temperature is higher than 99.4 F, they will be taken into an isolation room. The temperature will be checked again after 15-20 minutes. If the temperature does not go down, they will have to take exam alone in separate rooms.
- Candidates will be sent to the registration desk/room in batches of 15 boys and 15 girls at once.
- Frisking will be conducted using handheld metal detectors with long handles.
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi signal presence will be checked inside the examination rooms and examination centres.
- During the conduct of examination, all the installed jammers / CCTVs (if applicable) will be functional as per NTA guidelines.
Items Permitted at NEET 2020 Exam Halls
The list of items that will be allowed at exam centres is given below-
- Mask (on face)
- Personal Water Bottle (Transparent)
- Personal Hand Sanitizer Bottle 50ml
- Documents – NEET 2020 Admit Card, Valid Photo ID, Passport Photos
During Exam Controls / Measures
- Manual Attendance and handwriting samples will be taken from the candidates.
- Manual Attendance with signature will be collected while wearing gloves. No thumb impression will be taken.
- Candidates must ask the invigilator for going to the washroom.
- Water dispensers will not be provided. Hence, personal transparent water bottles will be allowed.
Post Exam Controls / Measures
- Candidates will be allowed to exit the exam halls in an orderly manner – one at a time.
- Social distancing must be maintained at all times, without any crowding.
- Volunteers will be present to ensure all the guidelines are followed even after exit.
Candidates are advised to read the official guidelines thoroughly. COVID-19 Advisory will also be provided in NEET (UG) Admit Cards. You can also download and read the complete advisory regarding COVID-19 on NEET (UG) 2020 here.
NEET 2020 has been confirmed to be conducted on 13th September 2020 under a single shift of 2 PM to 5 PM. The admit cards are expected to be released during the last week of August 2020.