Home » Posts tagged 'Medical Courses after 12th'
Tag Archives: Medical Courses after 12th
To get admission into the dream medical college and course, the students have to first clear the NEET entrance exam. Many students appear for the examination every year, but only a few get into the top medical courses after 12th.
But this brings up an important question. What are the various medical courses after 12th exams? What can NEET 2021 offer in medical courses after 12th? Are MBBS and BDS the only two medical courses after 12th? What are the best courses in the medical field? And what happens when you do not qualify NEET 2021?
To make your work a bit easy and less stressful, we are here to give you more options for medical courses after 12th. Let us talk more about it because it is always better to keep your vision as clear as possible. Through this article, we have tried to highlight all the essential medical courses after 12th which students can opt using NEET 2021 scores. These medical courses will benefit both the selected as well as the non-selected participants of NEET 2021.
Medical Courses After 12th for NEET Participants
Admission to various colleges in these courses is done with the help of NEET Counselling only. A large number of aspirants are only aware of MBBS and BDS courses offered by major colleges. But there are various other courses that a NEET aspirant can opt. For example, Allopathy is still a growing concept in India. Meanwhile, the Government promotes AYUSH courses which are a great alternative to allopathy. Let us talk about the various medical courses after 12th. Given below are some courses that students aspiring for NEET 2021 examination can pursue.
Bachelor of Surgery, Bachelor of Medicine – MBBS
- Bachelor of Surgery, Bachelor of Medicine (MBBS), is among the most distinguished graduate degrees to pursue a career in the medical field.
- This is one of the most sought after medical courses after 12th, which is a combination of two professional certificates – medicine and surgery, offered by the country’s government and private colleges.
- Bachelor of Surgery, Bachelor of Medicine (MBBS), is designed for five years. 4 years of academic education and 1 year of compulsory internship at a hospital.
- It includes courses with Basic, Pre, and Paramedical subjects. In these five years of duration, the students are also required to complete twelve months of compulsory internship.
- The entrance examination NEET has a total of 76,928 MBBS seats, 1205 seats in AIIMS, 200 in JIPMER. So, the students left after the selection of these students can enrol themselves in this course.
Doctors are reputed and praised by all of society. An MBBS graduate from a good government college can easily earn more than 6 LPA during the 12-month internship. The best part about graduating as an MBBS from a govt. college is the high ROI and various perks associated with their government jobs.
Bachelor of Dental Surgery – BDS
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) is another course with excellent medical facilities. This course is a fully-fledged course of five years duration.
- This includes 4 years of academic education and 1 year of compulsory internship.
- They also provide the students with an internship program offered through NEET.
After the completion of this course, students are certified as Dentists. They can take up their own practice or work as a dentist in any public/private hospital. There are other professions that one can practice from this degree. The average salary ranges from 4.8 to 6 lac p.a.
Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) is regulated by the Dental Council of India (DCI) as per The Dentists Act, 1948.
Check | NEET Scholarships
Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery – (BAMS)
- Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS) is a hilly course focused on ayurvedic medicine after class 12th.
- This course is a fully-fledged course of five and a half years. They also provide the students with an internship program for a year.
This course has excellent opportunities for graduate aspirants. After their graduation, they can either continue general practice or can appear for M.D. Ayurveda.
Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery – (BHMS)
- Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS) is a professional graduate degree in Homeopathy in Kolkata, West Bengal.
- This course is a fully-fledged course of five and a half years.
- They also provide the students with an internship program for a year.
- The aspirants doing BHMS as their medical course after 12th can choose any specialization. To name a few Homeopathic Pharmacy, Psychiatry, Pediatrics, Skin specialist, and others.
This course has excellent opportunities for graduate aspirants. The aspirants can start their clinic or work with the multi-speciality chain.
Also Read: 7 Common Mistakes to Avoid During NEET 2021 Preparation
Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery – BUMS
- Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery (BUMS) is a graduate degree program.
- BUMS degree is a fully-fledged course of five and a half years.
- They also provide the students with an internship program for one year.
- This undergraduate program gives a particular facility for completing the course through distance.
After getting a BUMS degree, the students can do private practice and open their clinic. Many hospital chains also require doctors with a speciality in Unani Medical and Surgery. Due to low competition, salary and scope of growth are pretty high.
Bachelor of Physiotherapy – B.Pth or BPT
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy – B.Pth or BPT is a hilly course in medical science known for Physiotherapy.
- As the duration is four and a half years, and six months is a mandatory internship for all the students.
This course has excellent opportunities for graduate aspirants. The aspirants can also work as employees in hospitals, fitness centers, private clinics, health institutes, etc.
Bachelor of Veterinary Science – B.VSc
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science (B.VSc) is a graduation course for students who want theoretical and practical knowledge to assist veterinary doctors in their laboratory.
- The duration is five years, and the course deals in prevention, diagnosis, and prevention of disease, disorder, and injury in animals.
After getting a B.VSc degree, the students can find employment in government as well as private veterinary hospitals.
Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yoga – BNYS
- Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yoga (BNYS) is a graduation in the field of medicine.
- This course will teach the students about both naturopathic medicine and modern science.
- The course’s total duration is four years and six months, with one year of compulsory internship.
A person with a BNYS degree can practice as a General Practitioner or can also become a lecturer in different and renowned medical colleges.
Bachelor of Siddha Medicine and Surgery – BSMS
- Bachelor of Siddha Medicine and Surgery(BSMS) is conducted and governed by the body of Health and Family Welfare.
- The course is a five and a half years course with one year of internship.
- It is also a very well designed course for medical aspirants.
A person with a BSMS degree can practice as a General Practitioner or can practice as a lecturer in various medical universities. They can be employed as a doctor in government hospitals.
Scope beyond the Medical Entrance Examination
Even if the aspirants do not clear the NEET 2021 examination, they have other alternative medical courses which the candidates can choose to become doctors. The medical courses diploma list without NEET includes Operational Therapy, BSc Biotechnology, Bachelor of Respiratory Therapy, and others. In this article, we have highlighted all the medical courses after 12th class examination that you can opt with the help of NEET 2021 examination.
To get themselves placed in any medical courses and colleges, the students should fulfil the essential eligibility criteria. The students can sit for the entrance examination if they have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (PCB) in their class 12.
Different types of Medicine Courses in India
Some of the most prominent all-time medical courses list without NEET that can be pursued as a medical career after Class 12 are mentioned below:
- Bachelor of Science in Microbiology (Non-Clinical)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Biomedical Engineering
- Bachelor of Respiratory Therapy
- Bachelor in Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Healthcare Management
- Bachelor of Science in Cardiac or Cardiovascular Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology
So keep trying even if you do not secure the best college with the NEET 2021 examination. There is always a better opportunity in life. All the best.