Home » Posts tagged 'COVID-19'
Tag Archives: COVID-19
The Supreme Court of India has issued a notice over a plea filed for the Union government to declare the vacant seats of All India Quota (AIQ) under NEET-PG 2020 (Medical). The seats have been left vacant by several candidates, as the shortlisted candidates did not join college after the 2nd round of counselling. The plea requested to fill 3373 vacant seats in order of merit in the NEET-PG exam.
The plea was filed by advocate Adeel Ahmed, which stated that the exam results for admission to postgraduate courses of AIIMS, JIPMER and PGI-Chandigarh were released after Round-2 counselling of NEET-PG. As many students got admission in these colleges, a large number of AIQ seats under NEET-PG were left vacant, which were now being transferred for state counselling.
“COVID-19 Pandemic Caused Delay”
The notice was issued by a bench of Supreme Court judges A M Khanwilkar, Dinesh Maheshwari and Sanjiv Khanna. The bench has further listed this case for an urgent hearing on 14th August 2020.
As the vacant seats were being transferred to respective states for state counselling, “many candidates like the petitioner, who were willing to avail the AIQ seats, are being deprived of the opportunity, as the vacant or lapsed AIQ seats are being passed on to the states”, the plea had argued.
COVID-19 pandemic has caused a delay in exams, results and thus counselling for several medical PG exams of colleges such as AIIMS, PGI Chandigarh and JIPMER. However, NEET PG was already conducted around January 2020. This created chaos as many students who secured seats in top medical colleges, opted out of allotted seats under NEET-PG Counselling.
According to the plea, India is under deep threat because of COVID-19 pandemic. The healthcare system has been collapsing. The country needs trained doctors and educated professionals. If the seats under All India Quota are lapsed, bright talent of the country will be deprived of opportunities and experience of top medical colleges in India. Hence, the government should intervene and the AIQ seats in Government Medical Colleges and Deemed Universities must be allotted based on the candidates’ rankings in NEET-PG 2020.
After parents writing to Dr Ramesh Pokhriyal, now students have started their petition against conducting NEET 2020 amid COVID-19. 11 students of 11 states have filed a petition at Supreme Court demanding further postponement of NEET 2020 and JEE Main until the COVID-19 pandemic is under control in India. The petition was filed by Advocate Alakh Alok Srivastav on behalf of all the 11 students. The grounds of petition are indefinite postponement of CLAT and cancellation of board exams by the government.
-On behalf of 11 students from 11 States, today I have filed a Petition in Supreme Court
-To Conduct it after COVID subsides
-Increase Exam Centres
-Give fresh opportunity to aspirants to fill Form
— Alakh Alok Srivastava (@advocate_alakh) August 6, 2020
Previously, a group of parents had written to Education Minister, Dr Ramesh Pokhriyal, demanding that the entrance exams like NEET 2020 and JEE Main be cancelled amid COVID-19, as it poses a health risk to their children and the whole family. In a recent report, KCET was held in various districts in Kerala where almost 60 asymptomatic students were found COVID-19 positive. Important thing to note here is that the number of appearing candidates was almost 1.5 lakh, around 10% of NEET (UG) candidates.
On the other hand, many students want to get over with the exams as not conducting the exams could be detrimental for their career. It could affect the whole academic year for them and delay their studies.
As per the petition filed at Supreme Court, there are three major demands of students-
- Entrance Exams such as NEET must be conducted only after order is re-established post the COVID-19 crisis.
- Test centres must be increased. There should be at least one exam centre in each district of India.
- Students and aspirants of NEET (UG) or JEE Main should be provided a fresh opportunity to fill application forms and select exam centres from scratch.
Currently, NEET (UG) 2020 is scheduled for 13th September 2020, after multiple postponements. The NEET 2020 Admit Card might be released 15 days before the exam date, which could be near the end of August. Do comment over what should be proposed by the government!
COVID-19 has stopped students from going on streets and starting a movement against conducting NEET 2020. However, these movements are now being run on the internet, as usual. With the help of twitter and facebook, students are trending the hashtag – #PostponeJEE_NEETinCovid to bring the attention of authorities. Various exams conducted recently, such as KCET had no social distancing between students even after several assurances from the authorities. 60 students who were attending this exam were found COVID-19 positive.
Social distancing norms go for a toss on the first day of Karnataka
Common Entrance Test (K-CET).
We don’t want the same fate for NEET AND JEE.
Kindly look into the matter and give a wise decision of postponing these exams. pic.twitter.com/oMOrvXZh9C
— Volvox (@Volvox66016379) July 30, 2020
The NEET 2020 is scheduled to be conducted a week after JEE Main 2020 i.e. on 13th September 2020. The date is almost 43 days away from the date of publishing this article. As of today, the number of daily COVID-19 cases in India have reached a new record of 57,000+. Within every two days, the country is adding 1 lakh cases. Many are justifying this jump due to an increase in testing in the past few days. However, it shows that the country might not be able to cover the gap of active vs recovered cases of COVID-19.
The Aam Aadmi Party, Bihar has supported students for this cause by tweeting with the hashtag.
September is going to be celebrated as ‘National Corona Spreading Month’.
Students facing mental depression so we demand further postponement of JEE, NEET exams. #PostponeJEE_NEETinCovid
— Aam Aadmi Party – Bihar (@AAPBihar) July 28, 2020
It is no doubt that the regular rise in cases has worried students and parents. UGC guidelines on conducting final year exams for colleges have already faced backlash from students. Meanwhile, Delhi University cancelled their exams until the situation was back in control. In another tweet, the National Secretary of All India Students’ Association (AISA), also tweeted in support of students.
— Sandeep Saurav (@Sandeep_Saurav_) July 31, 2020
Students have been regularly posting tweets and tagging the education minister, Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal, to postpone or even cancel the NEET 2020 exam. He has regularly ensured that health and safety of students is the first priority. Moreover, schools and colleges have been shut for another month. It is clear that the decision to postpone NEET 2020, which will have a participation of at least 15 lakh students altogether, would ensure safety of students only. Although, there has been no statements regarding postponing the medical entrance any further.
NEET 2021 score validity is an area of doubt amongst medical aspirants in India. The Medical Council of India had made several amendments on the NEET eligibility criteria in the last few years. Hence, the different changes have created a cloud of confusion as it is troublesome to find out which notification is the latest one. As NEET 2021 exam is the gateway to pursuing a career in medicine, it is crucial to know the NEET 2021 score validity and the options it provides for making wise choices.
NEET is one of the major examinations for medical aspirants in India and clearing it is a big step that requires a whole lot of preparation and hard work. Thus, being a medical aspirant, you should be aware of NEET score validity and the scopes it offers.
NEET Eligibility and Qualification
NEET is conducted every year by the National Testing Agency (NTA). There were several discrepancies regarding the number of attempts and age limit concerning the NEET eligibility criteria. However:
- As of 2019, there are no limitations for the number of attempts and the upper age limit was decided to be 25 years with a relaxation of 5 years for reserved categories.
- The minimum age to appear for the NEET 2021 examination is 17 years.
- Candidates should also have qualified 12th board, with science as the stream, including biology as a subject.
- Students who are appearing for 12th boards (or equivalent) can also apply for NEET UG 2021 exam as the registration starts way before 12th board exams.
NEET examination serves the purpose of maintaining uniformity in the quality of students who pursue medical education at different institutions. It is a regulatory measure to make sure that the students in India who pursue a medical degree anywhere meet the minimum qualifications set by the MCI.
This way it assures the quality of the education provided and the efficiency of the future professionals. NEET 2021 score is mandatory for seeking admission in Indian as well as abroad medical universities. To qualify for NEET 2021 Counselling, a candidate should have:
- Minimum percentile of 50
- With a relaxation of 10% for SC/ST/OBC candidates (40th percentile)
- And a relaxation of 5% for General PWD candidates (45th percentile)
Also Read | Detailed Paper Analysis of NEET UG 2020 Exam
NEET Score Validity for Studying Medicine Abroad: 3 years
Since students put in a lot of their time and effort, the older NEET score validity of 1 year for admission into different medical institutes used to restrict students in some unwanted ways. The Medical Council of India (MCI) has made amendments to extend the NEET score validity for admission to medical institutions abroad in March 2019. The decision was a great relief for the medical aspirants who wished to study medicine abroad.
- NEET score validity for medical admission at universities abroad was determined to be up to 3 years by MCI.
- To study MBBS at universities abroad, students may require to fulfil a list of criteria such as TOEFL etc and to produce a lot more supporting documents in comparison to getting admission in medical institutes in India.
- Because of these extra requisites, joining medicine at a foreign university is a lengthy process. It may take roughly 8 to 12 months from the time of announcement of NEET results to complete all procedures and to start the academic session at abroad universities. For example, procuring a passport and visa alone takes more than 2 months.
This constraining characteristic of NEET score validity was big trouble for students who aspire to study abroad because by the time the admission procedures get over the NEET score validity might as well have expired.
Also Read | MBBS Admission Through Management Quota
Since the Medical Council of India has reconsidered the extension of validity of NEET score in India and made it more helpful and acceptable, many students can now consider studying medicine abroad with a NEET 2021 score.
- The extension of NEET score validity for admission to abroad medical programmes further helped to ensure that the students who study medicine abroad also meet the standards set by MCI.
- This extension of validity of NEET score in India is in action from 2019.
Now, students who wish to study medicine abroad also should qualify in the NEET exam, which was not the case before. It has now been made mandatory while appearing for the screening test.
NEET Score Validity for Studying Medicine in India: 1 year
Every year, students can join in the medical colleges of their choice soon after their 12th board and NEET exam results are out, depending on the NEET Cut Offs. Since there aren’t any expected delays for admission in Indian medical institutions, the NEET validity for students who want to study MBBS in India is 1 year, which is the year of appearing for the entrance exams. NEET score is necessary for admission to all the medical colleges in India. This now also includes AIIMS and JIPMER, which previously had their own entrance tests.
Scopes of Extended NEET Score Validity
If you aspire to pursue the medical field as your career, qualifying NEET and knowing NEET score validity is helpful to find out the opportunities you have in your hands. The time and hard work you put in while appearing for NEET 2021 exam is immense. And that is why you should consider all career options once you have achieved the qualifying percentile.
- Since the NEET score validity is 1 year for Indian colleges and 3 years for abroad universities, you still have hope of admission in a foreign university if not top medical colleges in India.
- As far as you are up for pursuing a medical degree abroad, you can apply to different medical institutes abroad, with your current marks for the next two years.
- Top medical colleges in India can be very competitive, but you might get admission to several top-notch universities abroad, which offer similar or even higher quality of education. Moreover, with financial aids/scholarships, the cost of education is very cheap in foreign universities.
Don’t miss out on opportunities because of a lack of information. If you are appearing for NEET 2021 exam, make sure to consider all the possibilities and thus ensure that the hard work you put into clearing NEET UG 2021 exam doesn’t go in vain. The extended NEET score validity also works with the drop year a student might take to improve the NEET 2021 score. So, do not waste your time anymore, and start practicing for NEET 2021 exam right now!
With NEET becoming the only entrance exam for admission in various BDS and MBBS courses in India from 2020, there has been an evident rise in registrations. Various dental and medical seats in the various medical institutes of the country including those in AIIMS, JIPMER, private medical colleges, state-run medical colleges etc. will be filled by the common NEET 2021 examination. Also, those who are seeking admission in foreign medical universities have to sit and qualify the NEET 2021 examination too. With the increasing number of applicants, the competition will rise. To compete on that level, candidates must seek professional help. Read this article about the NEET coaching centres in Kolkata and make your decision.
Why Coaching For NEET Is Necessary?
Although there are many success stories of students clearing the NEET 2021 examination with flying colours without any coaching, sometimes you need professional and right guidance to get an idea of the paper as it is competitive in nature.
- Joining a NEET coaching class can help you improve consistency and regularity.
- Joining a coaching class provides you with the best opportunity to learn new things and help you grow by exposing you to the competition with your peers.
- Coaching classes provide you with the best-updated study material and regular NEET mock tests.
Parameters For Selection of a Good NEET Coaching Centers In Kolkata
There are so many NEET coaching centres in Kolkata city. One has a variety of choices to choose from. So make sure you choose the best NEET coaching centres in Kolkata that suits you best on the basis of the faculty experience, course fees, distance from your home and your strengths and weaknesses for NEET. Expert coaching by coaching institutes like CB Classes, Aakash Institute, Resonance Classes, Unique Classes, etc. can help you prepare for NEET in an efficient way and get you on the right track. Some of the parameters for selecting a good NEET coaching institute are:
- A NEET teacher must be certified and have good and sound experience of teaching.
- The content of the course should be well updated according to the NEET 2021 syllabus.
- Always join the coaching institute who gives the best and updated NEET study material to the students.
- Before joining any coaching institute, check the past record of the institute and the performance of the previous students that represents everything about the institute’s potential.
- Most reputed NEET coaching institute offers a wide range of practice Test series or NEET Mock Tests. These test series help you formulate exam strategies and polish your weak subjects, which are crucial for your NEET 2021 preparation.
Students can also read about the following
Get the latest news and updates of NEET 2021 through email or SMS by entering your details in the below-given form:
Name * Email * Mobile * Location *
Best NEET Coaching Centers In Kolkata
Coaching along with self-study can help you clear the NEET 2021 examination with flying colours. Below are mentioned some of the top NEET coaching centres in Kolkata:
Known for its excellent results, Aakash Institute is one of the leading coaching institutes in the medical stream. It is one of the oldest and finest NEET coaching centres in Kolkata for the medical aspirants. The institute offers coaching programs for both medical and engineering students. With well experienced highly educated faculty members, best classroom experience, the institute is known to produce many toppers since its inception. The classroom interaction between students and teachers and the doubt clearing sessions by the mentors are really helpful that helps students in cracking the examination in the first attempt. The institute offers courses like NEET Booster Course, XII cum medical course for NEET, Crash course for NEET and special test series for all the medical aspirants.
- The institute provides comprehensive study material that includes the well elaborated explanation of all the topics along with the previous year question papers.
- The i-tutor facility provided by the institute helps students cover the topics taught in the class they have missed earlier.
- The well educated and highly experienced faculty clears all the doubts of all the students.
- The institute conducts regular tests to assess the performance of all the students.
- The motivational sessions by toppers of the previous years plus the parent teacher meetings conducted by the institute boosts up the confidence of the students.
|Address||P-6, 1st Floor, CIT Road, Scheme-VI M, Kolkata, West Bengal 700054|
|Batch Size||50- 60 students|
|Contact Number||098185 43543|
|Past Results||Bhavik Bansal|
Resonance is another one of the most reputed coaching centers for the medical aspirants in Kolkata. The institute is one of the oldest and most reputed ones in the city. It is known to produce excellent results since the past few years. In Fourteen years of its inception, the institute has risen beyond all the expectations in terms of volume and quality of results. The institute is known to offer coaching classes to the students of both the classes, i.e., Class XI and XII.
- The course curriculum is completely based on NCERT keeping in mind the syllabus and pattern of the entrance as well as board exams.
- The institute has highly experienced and well educated staff members who are well versed in the field of training students for NEET 2021 examination for years as per the syllabus and NEET exam pattern.
- The institute also offers Distance Learning Programs through. Its DLP Division looks after the needs of students. Especially of those students who cannot leave their native places for education.
- The test series conducted by the institute helps students to assess their NEET 2021 preparation level.
|Address||Foot Bridge, P-193/1 CIT, Scheme VII-M, Ultadanga Main Road, VIP Road Branch, near Ultadanga, Kolkata, West Bengal 700067|
|Batch Size||50 students|
|Contact Number||0744 665 5144|
|Past Results||Aman Agarwal|
Unique Classes was established in the year 2007 in Kolkata. The institute aims to train students for the medical and engineering entrance examinations. The institute also offers foundation courses for the students from Class 8th to 12th to build their foundations strong and prepare them for higher level by clearing each and every concept in detail. Unique classes have two courses in which students can enroll themselves. One of the 2 year programs for the students of Class 11th and the other one is the 1 year program for the students of Class 12th.
- The institute provides both online and offline coaching programs for all the 3 subjects, i.e., Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- There are separate batches for the students coming from different mediums like English, Hindi and Bengali.
- Doubt clearing sessions are conducted by the experts from time to time to clear all the doubts of all the students.
- Class notes and competitive reference books are provided as study material to all the candidates. Regular Periodic Testing and Assessment System is followed to judge students.
|Address||2 Ramanath Sadhu Lane, Muktaram Babu St, behind Ram Mandir or Gurukul, Kolkata, West Bengal 700007|
|Batch Size||10- 12 students|
|Contact Number||033 4007 6888|
|Past Results||Nothing to be shared|
|Fee Structure||Rs. 82,000 for 1 year and One- time payment- Rs. 65,300|
CB Classes is the brainchild of Mr. Chandrajit Banerjee and this academy was established in the year of 2011. They provide coaching for medical and engineering entrance examinations. CB Classes Institute offers different programs for students, i.e., 2 Years Programme for X to XI moving students, 1 Year Programme for XI to XII moving students and 1 Year Programme for XII passed Students. The programs provide preparatory support, foundation and focused guidance to the aspirants who wish to clear medical entrance tests at National levels and get into top medical institutes of the country.
- The institute offers different courses according to the convenience of the students depending on the classes in which they are studying.
- The teachers at the coaching institute are well trained and they first clear the concepts at the beginner level and then move to the higher level slowly.
- The curriculum of the NEET 2021 syllabus is designed so as to cover the syllabus of both board examination and the entrance test.
- NEET Mock tests are conducted from time to time to test the level and performance of the students.
|Address||Shop No. P-85,, Kalindi Housing Estate, Kalindi, Laketown, Kolkata, West Bengal 700089|
|Batch Size||30- 40 students|
|Contact Number||+91 78909 99777|
|Past Results||Nirmal Mandal|
|Fee Structure||Rs. 1,55,00 for 2 years and Rs. 90,000 for 1 year|
Rajeev Classes is one of the premier coaching institutes for medical and engineering entrance examinations in Kolkata. The coaching institute offers different courses for the students, i.e., Vasundhara, two year integrated course for Class XI students, Arvinda, a one year integrated course for the students of Class XII and Sankalpa, a one year integrated crash course for the Class XII passouts. The institute offers offline test series to prepare the students for the examination point of view. The faculty is trained in teaching the students and preparing them for the medical entrance examination from years.
- The institute provides weekdays and weekend classes as per the convenience of the students.
- NEET Revision classes and motivational sessions are conducted from time to time to boost up the NEET 2021 preparation of the students.
- Regular tests are conducted for the students in two modes: Objective tests for entrance point of view and Subjective tests for Boards point of view.
- Emphasis is first laid on completing the syllabus of Class XII and Class XI revision is done before the board examinations.
- They prepare the study mode in such a way that it will cover the class syllabus along with all the important details or topics that are required to crack the NEET 2021 exam.
|Address||6/1/1E Anil Moitra Road Ballygunge Near South Point High School, Kolkata, West Bengal 700019|
|Batch Size||70- 80 students|
|Contact Number||098307 51948|
|Past Results||Adesh Nirshad, Neha Agarwal, Suraj Singh|
Check | NEET 2021 Revision Plan
Pathfinder Coaching Institute
Pathfinder Coaching Institute is one of the leading medical coaching institutes in Kolkata. The leading institute has the best and highly experienced faculty members and the excellent result record in the past few years. The Institute is at number 1 position in the city in providing medical coaching to the students. The coaching institute offers different courses, i.e., 2 Year Classroom Programme for the students moving to class XI, 1 Year Classroom Programme for students moving to class XII, 1 Year Repeater Programme for class XII passed out students, 1 Year and 2 Year Test Programme for students moving to class XI or Class XII and the Capsule Programme – For class XII appearing or passed out students.
- The institute provides the best NEET study material with elaborated and complete explanations of each topic along with the past year questions topic wise.
- Motivational sessions and doubt clearing sessions are conducted from time to time to help students overcome the exam stress.
- Tests are conducted periodically to help students assess their preparation level and judge them on the basis of different parameters.
- The competitive environment so that students can well prepare for their examination, and many other topnotch facilities for their aspirants. Pathfinder is the perfect place for your NEET 2021 exam.
- The study booklets are provided with the NEET 2021 preparation tips and guidelines on how to clear the examination along with some important questions from past years’ medical entrance tests.
|Address||96K SP Mukherjee Road, Hazra Rd, Kolkata, West Bengal 700026|
|Batch Size||20- 30 students|
|Contact Number||033 2455 1840|
|Past Results||Ritwik Kumar Sahoo|
|Fee Structure||Rs. 70,000 for 1 year and Rs. 1,40,000 for 2 years|
Read | Stressed Out Because Of Lockdown? Here’s How To Stay Motivated During NEET 2021 Preparation These were some of the best NEET coaching centers in Kolkata. The books, courses, lectures, tuition classes prepare you for the test day. These are well equipped coaching institutes that offer multiple practice tests, doubt clearing sessions, section wise distribution of questions, NEET 2021 Preparation tips and strategies to appear for the test. Considering these coaching centers can be helpful and add to your NEET score.
It is being reported that NTA is considering revising the dates of NEET 2021. This is due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the delayed NEET 2020 Exam Dates. The postponing of the current year dates of NEET and JEE Main has already caused trouble with the academic calendar for students. The decision on NEET 2021 dates would be taken only after the situation of COVID-19 spread is under control and schools are set to re-open.
For now, schools and colleges are shut until 31st July 2020. There’s varying response from various authorities over reopening the schools and colleges and thereby conducting the exams that have not been conducted due to the country-wide lockdown. However, most of the universities are conducting open-book online exams which are now being seen as the new normal.
Delay in 2020, Means Delay in 2021
The dates for NEET 2020 have been postponed twice since March 2020. Considering the gap of around 2 months, it is unlikely that the COVID-19 situation in the country would come under control so soon. This could mean another delay in the NEET 2020 exams. The new date for NEET 2020 is 13th September 2020.
If that happens, it is likely that the NEET 2021 Application Forms could not be released by Nov-Dec 2020. Moreover, the possibility of conducting the JEE Main January 2021 session by NTA will also come at a halt. The dates for a lot of other exams might coincide such as CBSE Boards, NEET (UG), JEE Main and JEE Advanced. This will put pressure on authorities, as well as, hamper the performance of students in respective exams. This is also another reason why NEET 2021 dates might be shifted from the expected dates.
Another reason for this delay could be the inappropriate time for preparation. Most of the students start their preparations from class 11th. Delay in class 10th results and admissions to class 11th have caused a gap in preparations of NEET and other competitive exams. Similarly, students of class 11th and 12th are deprived of classroom education due to closure of schools and coaching institutes amid COVID-19 pandemic. This has deteriorated their preparations for the NEET 2021 examination.
In such a situation, it seems that the best option for NTA would be to postpone the dates for NEET 2021. Another relief that can be provided is a reduction in the NEET Syllabus for students, similar to the revised curriculum of CBSE, that has been released recently.
5 Marks can be Awarded to NEET Aspirants Helping in COVID related work, Says Karnataka Minister, Dr K Sudhakar
Bengaluru: Karnataka State Government is considering awarding 5 marks to all the NEET aspirants who are aiding during the pandemic of COVID-19. On July 6, Dr. K Sudhakar said, “About 2,000 medical students who are appearing for PG exams will be utilized for COVID related work. Apart from this, final year nursing students and MBBS students will be deployed at COVID care centres. Government is also considering to award 5 marks in NEET exam for medical students involved in COVID related work.”
Sudhakar also said that the state government is pondering on giving risk allowance to frontline health workers who are fighting day and night against the novel coronavirus.
In the live conference, Sudhakar further added, “The State Government is thinking to double the salary of Group D workers and provide risk allowance to all front line workers. A final decision will be made in this regard in 2-3 days. Our doctors, nurses, paramedical staff and all corona warriors have been working tirelessly for the past 120 days. Naturally, this has taken a toll both physically and mentally and caused fatigue. Our corona warriors are vulnerable to the infection and the additional allowance is a small step towards boosting their morale.”
The decision in any regard will be given in 2-3 days. As per the stats, 1,925 corona positive cases were recorded on Monday, taking the total count in the state to 23, 474.
NEET is a one way ticket to admission in most of the prestigious Indian medical colleges namely, AIIMS, Christian Medical College and so on. Approximately, 355 medical colleges and 125 dental colleges consider NEET scores for admissions. Hence, NEET exam is not to be taken lightly, as it requires more than enough determination and preparation to crack the exam and come out with commendable marks. Most of the students go with the motion of choosing the best NEET coaching centres for themselves so as to get external help to their insistent studying.
However, most of the classes or NEET Coaching Centres that students will go to are not always up to the mark and therefore can miserably hinder the progress and education of the student.
- It is important, therefore, to a better class, one which is not only good but guarantees that you will go out of it learning something substantial.
- A student needs to have a comprehensive guide on this topic, where the ones appearing for this exam knows which ones are the best NEET coaching centres not only around India, but also the ones in their areas.
NEET 2021 exam date is likely to be one of the dates from May 2021. As nothing is certain so before diving into the list of NEET Coaching Centres, let us first read more on NEET 2021 and the current scenario of the exam, especially during such trying times.
NEET 2021 – Everything you need to know
NEET is an entrance examination, especially designed for Indian students, who want to pursue undergraduate medical courses or even dental courses, i.e. MBBS and BDS in any of the Indian medical and dental colleges, whether it is a government or a private one.
- NTA will most probably conduct the NEET 2021 exam in May 2021.
- NEET 2021 Admit Card will be released tentatively 15 days before the exam.
- An approximate of 11,00,000 NEET aspirants compete to get seats in medical colleges.
- NEET 2021 Application form correction window will be opened in the first week of February 2021.
- MCC will conduct two rounds of NEET 2021 counselling to admit students in medical colleges.
List of Top NEET Coaching Centers in India
|NEET Coaching Centers in Delhi|
|Aakash Institute||Pace Coaching classes|
|YVS Institute||Takshila Institute|
|Ahead Academy||Competition Shepherd|
|Trump and Gates||Indraprastha Institute|
|NEET Coaching Centers in Varanasi|
|Aakash Institutes||R.S Tutorials|
|Career Point||Mastermind Classes|
|NEET Coaching Centers in Kolkata|
|Aakash Institute||Elite Institute|
|Allen Academy||Sahil Study Circle|
|NEET Coaching Centers in Hyderabad|
|Aakash Educational Services Ltd.||Zims Tuitons|
|Venkat Reddy Medical Academy||Vidya Prangan Educational Society|
|NEET Coaching Centers in Mumbai|
Check | NEET Seat Allotment
Best NEET Coaching Centres in India
Aspirants can go through the details of the following best NEET Coaching Centres in India:
- Aakash Institute first started in the year of 1988, founded by the talented J.C. Chaudhary, with the one and only goal of providing quality guidance with the help of coaching to those who aspire to become doctors (and engineers) by cracking the respective examinations.
- They have been in this coaching scene for more than twenty-five years, meaning that they have experience of the same tenure in this field and therefore, have coached a lot of students till date.
- A lot of their reliability and trustworthiness rests on the fact they came in the field when not all believed that external coaching is necessary to crack NEET 2021. They proved everyone wrong and therefore, is the best NEET coaching centre in this list and can increase the chances of your passing considerably well.
- In fact, more than 1,50,000 students claim it to be one of the most amazing and best NEET coaching institutes in India, especially for the medical entrance coaching.
Allen Career Institute:
- Allen Career Institute makes sure that your career is on the right track.
- One of the best NEET coaching centres around, it was established in the year 1988 by Sri Rajesh Maheshwari.
- The students with whom he started with were just eight in number, but he was determined enough to start and he did.
- Nowadays, more than 7.5 lakh students are taking admission and passing out with flying colors.
- The institute has more than 28 years of experience in this field and can help you pass the NEET 2021 exam quite easily.
- In fact, only around 54,235 students qualified for the NEET conducted in the year 2017; however, the low number of qualifications was not a problem, since most of the students turned out to be toppers that year – as they always seem to be, more often than not.
- Be assured that you will not go wrong with Allen Career institute when it comes to cracking the NEET 2021 exam.
- Rays Education provides coaching not only for Class XI as well as XII, but also for JEE Main, JEE Advanced, BITSAT, AIIMS, and obviously for NEET examination.
- Rays Education has an amazing infrastructure with a capable faculty able to teach to the students perfectly.
- Ray’s education strives to be the best in whatever they do and provide, including the separate doubt clearing classes every day and provision of getting these classes for the hostelers in their own hostel itself.
- The coaching institute also is the owner of a public school – named Rays Public School –which is known for merging the regular school board syllabus with the competitive exam coaching.
- A library – with more than 9000 books, primarily on Medical entrance exams – is provided to the Rays Education students, along with a cafeteria as well as a medical facility with sick rooms.
- Motion Education is well-known for its extensive and intelligent courses that they provide and the fun way that they coach the students for the competitive exams, primarily NEET.
- Along with NEET, Motion Education also provides coaching for IIT-JEE, JEE Main as well as Advanced, along with AIIMS and NTSE examinations.
- The teaching methods that they employ include the usual lecture, along with the inclusion of video lectures, eBooks, proper study material, mock papers as well as a comprehensive assessment approach, with providing solutions soon after.
- This coaching center doesn’t see many students coming here, leading to a better student to teacher interaction and connection.
- Students have left the coaching institute with perfect marks in NEET examination and proudly smiling faces.
- Founded by R.K. Verma – an IIT Madras alumnus – in the year 2001, Resonance has been spewing out capable NEET students consistently for the past 19 years.
- Verma opened the institute with the aim of establishing an amazingly skilled place where today’s talented students will be transformed and shaped into tomorrow’s successful individuals.
- The institute has numerous study centers, including Bhopal, Chandrapur and Rajkot, to name just a few of the places.
- The institute offers a whole lot of courses, including the much needed and important one, on NEET exams. Resonance believes in wholesome development of students, which means NEET students will definitely be getting wholesome educational support.
- Anyway, as long as the success of NEET appearing students is concerned, more or less 3000 students qualified the NEET examination in the year 2017.
- Career Point came into existence in 1993, put forth by Pramod Maheshwari.
- This coaching institute came with the goal of providing education – and quality education at that –to the students who are preparing for the numerous competitive exams that are out there, including the NEET examination.
- Career Point, in fact, has been one of the most dynamic and responsibly successful institutes to have been listed here.
- It is the quality of the education that they provide that has been convincing students to choose them in place of others.
- More than 25,000 students are known to pass from their coaching institute – with better grades – in the NEET exam.
- They make sure that the students are not only just passing, but also have high ranks in the exam.
Narayana IIT Academy:
- The Narayana IIT Academy is a beautiful addition to the list, having been in the game since the year 1979.
- It is, in fact, one of the largest – and also one of the most preferred – coaching institutes in India, which makes sure that the students from all corners of the nation get equal opportunity for passing the NEET exam.
- In fact, many of the NEET aspirants who learned from Narayana IIT Academy are almost always on the top hundred list.
- What makes this institute great is the faculty, who are not just understanding and friendly to approach, but also experts and specialists in the subjects they teach respectively, not to forget the individual attention they bestow on the students while teaching. Students in this institute can benefit a lot for their NEET 2021 exam.
- Elite Academy has been around as a prestigious coaching institute since the year 1988.
- You can be assured about the academy’s reliability, since almost all of the students have given more or less positive reviews about the place.
- Excellency is what Elite Academy strives for, and that is exactly what they achieve each year, when they coach the students for their NEET exam.
- Along with the provision of the perfect faculty, there are also other things the Academy does to keep the students motivated to study.
- Almost all of them who appear for NEET from this academy pass it with flying colors, which is made possible with the help and motivation of the faculty and the institution in itself.
Rao IIT Academy:
- Rao IIT Academy started as a small academy, established by a Research Scientist and a Technocrat, DR. B.V. Rao, an excellent teacher.
- The Academy has successfully created careers of hundreds and thousands of students, with the help of their comprehensive syllabus and unique teaching methods.
- Though the name suggests it mainly focuses on IIT, the attention to medical and NEET examination preparation is better than anywhere else in the nation.
- All of this is made possible by a team of skilled, talented and highly experienced faculty, who are not only expert in what they teach but are also fully dedicated to what they impart to the students.
- The environment is as unique as it can get, as the students claim, with ample attention given to the students and their progress.
Pace IIT and Medical:
- Pace IIT and Medical was established in the year 1999, starting with just a bunch of students, with an extraordinary hope to make it on top.
- Within just a short span of time, the institute soared to success, providing best education for preparation of Engineering and more importantly, Medical entrance exams, including NEET.
- The vision that they carry is to be the best in the coaching field, churning out successful students so as to make them capable doctors in the future.
- A dynamic and versatile education system is what they provide, through which the Pace IIT and Medical ensure the students are getting the education and preparation tips they need to pass NEET exam. The students of this institute passing this exam easily is proof of that.
- The institute has actually become a students’ favorite, a preferred choice of them, as the claims of building a strong foundation in the medical field by this institute is perfectly true.
How to know which Coaching Institute meets your expectation for NEET examination preparation?
There’s no one factor to check when fixing a coaching class, especially for NEET examination – in fact, there are more than just one. Given below are some of the few expectations a student should keep from his or her NEET Coaching Centres –
A demo class is the primary thing that coaching institutes conduct in order to tell new students about their institute and if possible, get them on board. If you know that any one of the coaching institutes (listed above) are conducting a demo class sooner rather than later, sign up for it as soon as possible. A demo class has the ability to tell you about not just the class, but also about the teaching style and NEET 2021 syllabus covering methods.
Flexibility and Reliability
If you go admit yourself in a class and later find out that they don’t cover up your missed syllabus, because you were absent for a few days due to your illness, would you be able to trust that NEET coaching institute? Your answer is definitely going to be no. When deciding an institute for your NEET 2021 preparation, check whether the classes would provide you a brush up lecture afterwards in case you miss any of the lectures, so that you don’t miss any topic or chapter, least of all an important one.
You have to find a NEET coaching institute that is not that farther from your house. It doesn’t make any sense if you get admission in a coaching institute which takes more than an hour to reach. You are going to surely be exhausted by the time you cross the traveling distance – is there any way you will be in the right state of mind to attend the class? Make sure, therefore, that the coaching institute is easily reachable from your place, so as to make it even more convenient.
Is it a big coaching institute or a small one?
Big or small NEET Coaching Centres are not on the basis of physical presence or the extent of popularity – it is more or less about the strength of the faculty. Often, in the smaller ones, only two to three faculties are present – and sometimes, even one or two – leading to causing a thorny problem if any one of them is not available or has taken a temporary leave. When it comes to bigger institutes, since they have a better strength of faculty, it doesn’t matter if someone is present or not.
Talking to seniors:
Talking to the students who are already studying there, or better yet, contacting the ex-students can get you a lot of intel on the NEET Coaching Centres, including the things you wouldn’t normally notice or hear. Since they have experienced their time in such coaching institutes, they would let you know whether you should go for this institute or not.
Read About NEET Scholarship
NEET 2021 Online Coaching
NEET 2021 preparation can also be done at the comfort of our homes by using the facility of online coaching. It spares the aspirants from the extra efforts of travelling and saves time too. This facility also provides one-to-one learning experience. Students have access to an array of study material, practice papers and so on. Let us highlight the benefits of online coaching.
- Live classes – Online classes give us the benefit of being in our own comfort zone and cut down a lot of travelling time and expenses. Online platform connects the student and teacher via computer, laptop, tablet, etc.
- Qualified Tutors – NEET 2021 Online coaching removes the geographical limitations and helps the aspirants connect with qualified teachers from all over the country. Quality tutoring makes your NEET 2021 preparation more effective and helps you fetch higher scores.
- Varied study modules: NEET 2021 Online coaching centers offer various options to the students. Ranging from crash course to as long as 2 years program, students can choose any module as per their preference.
- Unlimited access to study material – Online coaching has one more perk. Students get the benefit of full-time access to all the notes, mock papers, practice papers, etc. Your NEET 2021 Revision plan becomes easier too. Everything is digitalized and can be opened with nothing but a click.
Tripura State Government’s Super 30 Programme
As per this scheme, the state of Tripura will sponsor the fee of 30 deserving students from both medical and engineering students. The candidates must have a family income of less than 30 lakhs. From among 20 SC students, 30 ST students and 50 general candidates, these NEET and JEE Main aspirants will be shortlisted.
- The candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their board examination scores.
- Candidates appearing for Class 12 examinations by Tripura Board will be eligible. Scores in the science stream will be taken into consideration.
- Shortlisted candidates can study from any coaching institute as per their preference, in the nation.
- The total amount that will be given away to each candidate is 2.40 lakhs a year, amounting t0 72 lakhs in total.
Read About Tripura Super 30 Programme
What are the opportunities after passing the NEET 2021 Exam?
Post cracking the NEET 2021 exam, students get a varied number of courses to choose from in the medical field. We have tabulated a number of courses in the table below:
- A.M.S (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery)
- P.T (Physiotherapy)
- D.S (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
- S.M.S (Bachelor of Siddha Medicine and Surgery)
- Pharma (Bachelor of Pharmacy)
- H.M.S (Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery)
- Optometrist and many more
- B.B.S (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery)
- U.M.S (Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery)
NEET is more than just a big deal; it is – for the students who have decided to become doctors in the future –the only way for them to realise their dream career. Once they have passed this prestigious exam, they have a lot of options, including going for Pharma, D.S.,B.B.S., Physiotherapy and a lot more. With the COVID-19 pandemic lying as an evil shadow on humanity, the doctors have achieved kind of a godlike status, as they are the only ones who can save us from any ailment, including this impending coronavirus. This national level NEET has, therefore, become more than crucial and consequently, so is the passing of this National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. One should take the decision prudently.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the subsequent lockdown of the nation, NEET and JEE Main examinations were already rescheduled to be conducted in the month of July with the anticipation that the situation will get better. NEET 2020 was scheduled to be conducted on July 26, 2020 and JEE Main from July 18 to July 23, 2020. Unfortunately, the situation hasn’t got better and the number of cases in the country is rising at an increasing rate day by day. This will make it very difficult to conduct national level entrance exams which will be given by lakhs and lakhs of students. MHRD received thousands of messages and tweets from the NEET and JEE Main aspirants and their well-wishers, urging to postpone both the medical and engineering entrance examination. Hashtags such as #SaveNEETJEEstudents, #NoExamsinCovid are trending on Twitter.
Consequently, MHRD has recently formed a panel to evaluate the situation and hold both the medical and engineering entrance exams in the country. The panel is set up to make a decision based on several factors in terms of seating logistics and the extreme safety of the students due to the alarming rise of the COVID-19 cases in the country.
Looking at the prevailing circumstances & requests received from students & parents appearing for #JEE & #NEET examinations, a committee consisting of @DG_NTA & other experts has been advised to review the situation & submit its recommendations to @HRDMinistry latest by tomorrow. pic.twitter.com/xByKLUqAIc
— Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank (@DrRPNishank) July 2, 2020
As the exams are just around the corner, the ministry is finally reviewing the situation and addressing the petitions of the students. The experts will present their suggestions on exam dates by tomorrow and soon we will know their decision.
Social media is still flooding with a superfluity of tweets from JEE Main and NEET 2020 aspirants demanding clarification on the exams. The concern among the students is growing as the entrance exams are approaching and the COVID-19 pandemic situation is getting worse. NTA is the main conducting authority of JEE, NEET and all the other entrance exams and functions under HRD Ministry. JEE Main is scheduled to be conducted from July 18 – July 23, 2020 and NEET 2020, on July 26, 2020. As per the statistics, students applying for NEET-UG stands at 15 lakhs and for JEE Main, 9 lakhs.
Find below a list of all the necessary precautions to protect yourself from #COVID19.
— Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank (@DrRPNishank) June 28, 2020
On June 25, 2020, CBSE announced the cancellation of the remaining class 10 and 12 examinations scheduled between the first 15 days of July. Although, class 12 students have been provided with the provision to be either evaluated on the basis of previous examinations or sit for the exams when the situation is “conducive”. The central board has also cancelled the CTET examination which was scheduled on July 5.
Students are growing anxious for a number of reasons such as maintenance of social distancing outside exam centres. “A single corona patient is enough to create hotspot at the examination centres.”, Jaydeep Thakor wrote on Twitter.
To make things easy for the students from their end, NTA earlier launched a National Abhyaas App on May 19. The application will provide mock tests in both English and Hindi.
जेईई मेन्स व NEET के परीक्षार्थियों के लिए नेशनल टेस्ट अभ्यास ऐप की शुरुआत। अपनी सुविधा के हिसाब से परीक्षार्थी अब दे सकेंगे मॉक टेस्ट… @HRDMinistry @DrRPNishank @PIB_India @MIB_India @PMOIndia pic.twitter.com/T5hg9I7rNM
— MyGovIndia (@mygovindia) May 27, 2020
Some of the tweets by the aspirants are –
Students/Aspirants, please write to me if your exams are soon approaching and there’s been no decision so far. No matter which examinations, feel free to write and tag me along. I’ll try to make your voice heard.
— Nidhi Taneja (India TV) (@nidhiindiatv) June 26, 2020
I have been in touch with a lot of students in the last few days. All of them are very depressed and want an end to this suspense. Please address their questions at the earliest so that they can get back to studies.#PostponeNEETandJEE @DrRPNishank
— Dr Anand Mani (@DrAnandMani2) June 28, 2020
The panic among the students has grown more since the cancellation of Class 10 and 12 Board examinations. HRD Ministry is likely to make a decision soon. The ministry calmed the students by stating that they will assess the current pandemic situation in the country and might review dates in the first week of July.