Home » Posts tagged 'NEET Seat Allotment 2020'

Tag Archives: NEET Seat Allotment 2020

NEET Seat Allotment 2020: Dates, Procedure, Documents and Seats

Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) on behalf of MCC will hold the NEET seat allotment 2020 process. The seat allotment process will be started once the aspirants will fill their choice of preferences.

  • There are three rounds in NEET Seat allotment process including mop-up round. The process is based on the obtaining score from NEET exam, availability of seats and on the other factors.
  • The aspirants should qualify the NEET 2020 exam for participating in the seat allotment process.
  • The seat allocation process is conducted for 15% All India Quota Seats (AIQ), 100% seats in Central/Deemed Universities and ESIC and AFMC Universities. For instance, 15% AIQ seats are reserved in government colleges, while state counselling authorities offer the rest 85% seats.
  • To enrol the names for the seat allotment process, the candidates will need to provide the details like academic, personal, contact and the communication details.
  • After completing the registration process, the aspirants require to login and should provide the preferable college names and the course names.
  • If the aspirants will be granted for the admission to the colleges, then they will need to report to the respective institutions on the mentioned date.
  • However, the admission process to the colleges will be completed with the document verification process.

This article highlights the NEET seat allotment 2020 schedule, NEET counselling rounds, NEET results and NEET 2020 admission process in a detailed manner. 

NEET Seat Allotment Calendar for 2020

The first round NEET seat allotment 2020 result will be released tentatively after the exam conducted on September 13, 2020.

Event Date
NEET Counselling Registration, Choice Filling and Indicative Seat To be announced
Choice filling and locking To be announced
Process of Seat Allotment (Round 1) To be announced
Round 1 NEET Seat Allotment Result published To be announced
Reporting at the Medical/Dental College allotted in the 1st round To be announced
Exercising of choices and locking (Round 2) and New Registration To be annoounced
Process of Round 2 of Seat Allotment To be announced
NEET Seat Allotment Result of Round 2 To be announced
Reporting at the Medical/Dental College allotted in the 2nd round To be announced
Transfer of vacant seats in All India Quota to State Quota To be announced

Check NEET Seat Intake

Get latest news and updates of NEET 2020 through email or SMS by entering your details in below given form:

What is new in NEET 2020 Seat Allotment Process?

  • MCC will play the role of the central university from the year 2020 to conduct the counselling for both the AIIMS and JIPMER. Consequently, MCC will hold the admission to 15 AIIMS and 2 JIPMER, so that 1205 and 200 seats of those two universities can be filled as soon as possible (respectively). 
  • The number of AIQ participating colleges to the NEET seat allotment 2020 process has increased since last year. For instance, under AIQ, approximately 235 colleges have been participating. 
  • Apart from increasing the number of participating colleges, the total number of seats of the participating colleges have also been increased. NTA conducts the NEET Seat allotment process to fill 4591 MBBS/BDS seats to the colleges
  • Safdarjung Hospital (SJH), ESIC, and Vardhaman Mahavir College (VMMC), and Delhi College will take part in the NEET 2020 counselling process from this year. Consequently, MCC will fill the seat allotment process in 85% state quota and 15% AIQ respectively. 

Check about NEET Merit List

Steps of Seat Allotment Process

  • The candidates will require to download the NEET 2020 allotment letter if the candidates would accept the allotted seat. To download the letter, the aspirants are required to provide the date of birth, security pin and roll number. 
  • Not only the seat allotment letter, but the aspirants should also report to the designated centre with the verified certificates and documents. Hence, the admission process to the colleges will be completed. 
  • The next process of seat allotment is the NEET admission process, and it will be done by the next two to three days. As a result, the aspirants are required to report to the institute immediately when the NEET allotment list will be released. 
  • Next, the aspirants will need to go through the medical test to check whether they are medically fit or not. 
  • Once, the admission will be granted by the respective colleges, then the allotted college will send the candidates details to the DGHS. As per the details, the admission letter for the students will be granted. 
  • If the aspirants will not accept the allotted seat after completing the first round of counselling and if they will not like to attend the second round counselling process more, then they should exit freely.
  • In case of free exit, the aspirants will not get any refund from NTA NEET authority. 
  • On the other hand, in case of non-acceptance seat allotment after the second round of counselling, the aspirants will receive deductible refundable fees.

Read also NEET Cut Off

Second Round for Seat Allotment

Following candidates will be eligible for the second round of seat allotment:

  • A candidate who has already registered but the seat is not allotted in the first round of seat allotment.
  • Registered candidates who did not get admission due to change of category, will get an opportunity to enroll their names for seat allotment for the second time under a new category.
  • Candidates who have reported at the allotted college and choose an upgrade in their reporting period will get a chance

NEET Seat Allotment 2019 List of Previous Years

In order to get a clear idea on NEET UG 2019 seat allotment list pdf, the aspirants should go through the below-mentioned list:

Year Rounds Allotment lists
2019 Round one Click here
Round two Click here
Mop-up round Click here
2018 Round one Click here
Round two Click here
Mop-up round Click here

Reservation Criteria of NEET Seat Allotment 2020

The centralised reservation policy has strong impact on 15% AIQ NEET Seat Reservation criteria 2020. On the other hand, the 85% seat reservation process is completed based on state regulations. Kindly note it down, the seat reservation is applicable under 15% AIQ for BDS/MBBS degree. 

Reservation criteria for NEET exam:

Category % of seats reserved
Other Backward Classes (OBC) 27%
Scheduled Caste (SC) 15%
Scheduled Tribe (ST) 7.50%
Physically Handicapped (PH) 5%
Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) 10%

NEET 2020 exam will be conducted for taking admission 79928 students for MBBS, 52720 for AYUSH, 26949 for BDS and 525 for BVSc and AH program. To get to know about the total govt mbbs seats in NEET 2020, Check NEET Reservation Criteria

Documents Required for Seat AllotmentDocuments Required for NEET Seat Allotment

The aspirants should carry the subsequent documents at the time of NEET seat allotment. Also, candidates should never forget to carry their original documents along with the attested photocopies at the time of admission

  • NEET Admit card
  • NEET 2020 Result/Rank Letter
  • Birth Certificate
  • Class X Certificate
  • Certificate of Class XII 
  • Class XII Marksheet
  • 8 passport size photographs (Same as the one pasted on the application form)
  • Provisional Allotment letter generated online
  • Identity Proof
  • Category Certificate (if applicable)

Classification of Seats

NEET seats are categorized as follows:

  • All India Quota Seats
  • State Government Quota Seats
  • Central Pool quota seats
  • State/ Management/ Private/ NRI Quota Seats in all Private Medical/ Dental Colleges or any Deemed/ Private/ University

NEET Seat Matrix for Medical and Dental Colleges

Category Seats
JIPMER MBBS Seats 200
AIIMS MBBS Seats 707
Telangana, Andhra Pradesh and J&K MBBS Seats 8750
Total Seats eligible for NEET counselling (All India and State Counselling) 63735
All India 15% Quota Seats for MBBS Counselling (Excluding Telangana, Andhra Pradesh and J&K) 8248
Total seats under respective state counselling (Including Telangana, Andhra Pradesh and J&K) 55467
Total MBBS seats in India 64642

If a candidate has any queries related to his/her seat allotment, contact the address below:

The Assistant Director General (ME)

Directorate General of Health Services,

Nirman Bhawan,

New Delhi-110011

Helpline Number: 011-22309220

FAQs

Ques. Do you need to download the NEET allotment letter for allotting seats in the colleges? 
Ans. Yes, after completing each round of NEET 2020 counselling process, the aspirants should download the seat allotment letter by the aspirants. When they will report to the colleges, they should carry the letter with them.
Ques. What are the required documents to download the NEET seat allotment letter? 

Ans. In order to download the NEET seat allotment letter, the aspirants will need to submit the detailed information like NEET roll number, date of birth and security pin.

Ques. What is indicative seat allotment?

Ans. With the help of indicative seat allotment process, an aspirant can identify the probability of getting a seat in the colleges, It will be available during the first round counselling process on the MCC website.

Ques. Does NEET bring any change in 2020?

Ans. From 2020, the admission process for both AIIMS and JIPMER colleges will be held by NEET.

Ques. What is indicative seat allotment?

Ans. With the help of indicative seat allotment process, an aspirant can identify the probability of getting a seat in the colleges, It will be available during the first round counselling process on the MCC website.

Comments