Home » Posts tagged 'NEET PG 2020 Preparation Tips'
Tag Archives: NEET PG 2020 Preparation Tips
With the release of the NEET PG 2020 exam dates, all aspirants have started looking for NEET PG Preparation tips to score well in NEET PG 2020. NBE has conducted the NEET PG 2020 on January 5, 2020 and has released result on their official site at nbe.edu.in.
Note- NEET PG counselling is halted by the counsellig committeedue to the spread of Coronavirus across the country
NEET PG is a national level examination for admission into MD/MS/PG Diploma courses. There is a fixed exam pattern for NEET PG which is declared by NBE. Students must confine themselves to the NEET PG syllabus and use NEET PG Preparation tips to score well.
NEET PG Preparation Tips
NEET PG Preparation tips is not limited to the just the strategies. You should know the following in addition to the tips-
- Exam Dates– NEET PG was scheduled on January 5, 2020.
- Exam Pattern– NEET PG is an online examination with MCQs.
- Exam Syllabus– All subjects taught in MBBS course.
- Marking Scheme- +4 for every correct answer, -1 for every incorrect answer.
With the wide syllabus and tough competition, it is necessary to look at NEET PG Preparation tips to be among the high scorers of NEET PG 2020. Below are some preparation tips which have been recommended by the toppers of NEET PG-
- Weightage: Prepare those subject & topics which carry maximum marks. Always give priority to the topics with the maximum weightage and then prepare for topics for less weightage.
- Time-Table: When you know the topics of maximum weightage, you must make a time table and stick to it. Balancing the time between preparation and revision is the key to success. 1-2 weeks are sufficient for vast subject and 3-4 days for short subjects.
- Make notes of important topics: The basic but most important thing about preparation is making your own notes. Depending on books in the last 3 months is not a good approach. At this point, you need to prepare your own notes by selecting the important points
- Revision: For any examination, revision is a must. You need to revise every single topic. No doubt NEET is a tough exam to crack, so you need to revise to cover all the topics which will increase your chances to get into the dream college.
- Studying: You need to give 8-9 hours daily for the preparation of NEET PG. Going through the topics & preparing for it will take much time. Students have their own pattern of studying- some like to start with their strongest topics & some like to start with their weakest topics. What might work well for other, might not work for you.
- Attempt online mock test: Most candidates do not know the online pattern of examination. So, it is very necessary to give online tests on a regular basis. Online mock tests are time-based which give you a glimpse of the actual exam atmosphere. When you do time bound practice, you do not commit silly mistakes.
Check NEET PG 2020 Syllabus
NEET PG 2020 Important Topics
Certains topics are more important as they are asked repeatedly in the past few question papers. Candidates are advised to keep handy notes of such topics and keep practising those topics. These important topics carrying high weightage and allows aspirants to score high marks in the exam.
The important topics for NEET PG 2020 are:-
- PSM – Changes in NHP’s, recent advances and vaccines
- Shorter subjects – Anesthesia, Dermatology and Radiology
- Medicine – CNS and Endo
- Pathology – Initial 5-6 chapters from Robin’s small book
- Pharmacology – Recent Drugs
Best Books to Prepare for the NEET PG 2020
Ambiguity is created among students regarding choice of books as no questions are repeated. So, sticking with the traditional method of going through previous years questions is not a good option. So I have tried to help by providing few books after so much of research.
|Anatomy||Arvind Arora or ACROSS or Rajesh Kaushal|
|Pathology||Sparsh Gupta or Devesh Mishra|
|Forensic Medicine||ACROSS or Dr. Gaurav Aggarwal or Arvind Arora|
|Medicine||Deepak Marwah or Mudit Khanna|
|Postgraduate Medical Entrance Exam, Volume 2 & 3||Amit Tripathi & Ashish Gupta|
|DNB CET Review for Primary and Post Diploma||Vaibhav Bharat & Ishad Aggarwal|
|All India PG Medical Entrance Exam with Answers||Gupta, Krishnamurthy & Sethi|
|DAMS Beat The NEET||Sumer K Sethi|
It is suggested to stick with selected books because choosing different books may consume so much of time.
While preparing for the NEET PG 2020 avoid too deeply study of a single topic. Section carrying high weightage must be practice more. To score high in the exam one should practice more. The only funda to get a high score is practice, practice and practice!