Home » Posts tagged 'NEET Exam Dates' (Page 2)
Tag Archives: NEET Exam Dates
The new dates for NEET 2020 examinations have been announced and the exam will be held on 26th July 2020. Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’, Union HRD Minister and Education Minister of India, announced the dates in the online live session held on Facebook and Twitter. The session was held for answering queries of students regarding matters relating to exam dates, preparation of exams, the impact of COVID-19 pandemic on students and other similar matters.
NEET 2020 New Dates
Before this, the official notice by NTA proposed the dates for NEET 2020 for the end of May 2020. A few days ago, Mr Pokhriyal said in a statement that the exams will likely be delayed until June 2020. Requests from students regarding dates were to postpone the exams till July-August 2020. Considering the safety of students, NEET 2020 will now be conducted on 26th July 2020. The expected release of NEET 2020 Admit Cards might be around 10 days before the examination date considering the urgency of the situation. Usually, NEET Admit cards are released around a month before the exam. Confirmed dates for NEET Admit Card are yet to be announced by NTA on the official website – ntaneet.nic.in.
How to prepare for NEET 2020 during COVID-19 lockdown?
More than 15 lakh candidates registered for the NEET 2020 examination. Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal suggested some online portals such as Swayam, Diksha Portal, Swayam Prabha, National Digital Library of India (NDLI) to study from home utilising maximum content available online free of cost. Apart from this, he also shared some preparation tips to students such as-
- Start revision once again from NCERT books
- Do not stay too much active on social media
- Attempt free mock tests by NTA
- Make use of social platforms to study
- Solve maximum NEET 2020 sample papers
- Ask questions from your seniors
- Stay updated and take small breaks while studying
Regarding the syllabus of the academic year 2021
Many students posed questions to Mr ‘Nishank’ regarding the syllabus for the academic year 2021. Students have lost more than 3 months of study due to COVID-19 outbreak and lockdown. Mr Pokhriyal said that the academic schedule has been delayed and MHRD has asked central and state boards to address this situation by reducing the syllabus for the commencing academic year 2021. The syllabus will be reduced in proportion to the time period lost for this academic year which in turn will reduce the study pressure on students of the new batch. HRD Minister informed that the syllabus of JEE Main and NEET in the next academic year will be reduced.
Questions raised about 12th Board Examinations
Students were also concerned about the dates for 12th boards examination for CBSE and other boards. Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal has announced that the new dates for board examinations will be announced soon within a day or two. Dates for the remaining 29 board examinations will be decided in accordance with the situation over how severely has COVID-19 affected a particular district. He talked about conducting of board exams in green and orange zones of the country would be suitable for students or not. A bigger question raised here is for students appearing for both 12th boards and NEET in this year as 12th percentage is a deciding factor for admissions to various top institutions of India.
NEET 2021 will most probably be conducted on May 2, 2021 and candidates must adhere to all the general NEET 2021 exam day guidelines and COVID-19 related guidelines as well. For smooth conduction, aspirants are duly abided by NEET 2021 exam day Instructions by NTA. NEET 2021 exam day comes with a lot of anxiety; and pressure might cause any normal individual to forget certain very important things which end up as tragic outcomes. keeping yourself absolutely prepared for the day is the only way of overcoming it.
- NEET 2021 Exam day guidelines are also printed on the NEET 2021 Admit Card and non-compliance of which will mean disqualification of the candidate, and will not be allowed to enter NEET Exam Center.
- NEET 2021 Admit Card is most likely to be released in April 2021 by NTA. You can download the admit card by entering your login credentials.
Knowing dress code, exam schedule, time slot, guidelines are very much important. To ensure that you remember these key points, keep on reading this article to know more about NEET 2021 Exam Day Instructions, guidelines, and documents to carry to avoid any hassle.
NEET 2021 Exam Day Schedule
To be well prepared for NEET 2021, aspirants must be aware of the exam day schedule. NEET 2021 Exam Day Schedule is a crucial part of the instructions for the NEET 2021 exam day as it reflects the details of how the exam will be carried out. Aspirants should prepare accordingly for the NEET 2021 exam.
|Particulars||Date & Time|
|NEET 2021 Exam Date||02nd May, 2021 (Tentative)|
|Duration of Exam||2:00 PM to 5:00 PM (3 hours)|
|Last entry in the examination hall||1:30 PM|
|Sitting in the examination room||1:15 PM|
|Announcement of Important Instructions and Checking of Admit Cards by the Invigilator||1:30 PM to 1:45 PM|
|Distribution of the test booklet||1:45 PM|
|Writing of particulars on the Test Booklet by the candidates||1:50 PM|
|Commencement of examination||2:00 PM|
|Test Concludes||5:00 PM|
Read | NEET 2021 Exam Dates
NEET 2021 COVID-19 Safety Guidelines Issued by NTA
All the candidates must go through the COVID-19 advisory released by NTA.
Pre-Examination Controls/ Measures
- Candidates are required to maintain space as per the social distancing norms.
- Different Examination Time Slot is to be printed as “Slot time” such as 11.00 A.M, 11.30 A.M.
- The location link will be provided in the NEET 2021 admit card so that candidates can check the location of their exam centers.
- Candidates will be required to carry a self-declaration along with NEET admit card regarding their COVID free health status.
- If a candidate has a temperature more than the recommendation then he/ she will be sent to the isolation room.
- All the exam centers will sanitize their gates, floors, walls with disinfectant.
- Students will be moved to their exam rooms in groups of 15 boys and 15 girls.
- Candidates can carry their own masks, gloves, small sanitizer bottle, water bottle with them inside the examination hall.
During Examination Controls/ Measures
- Invigilators will sanitize their hands before and afterward.
- Videography/CCTV live streaming will be supervised in each room and Manual Attendance and Handwriting sample will be collected at the candidate seat.
- No thumb impression will be taken.
- The physical movement of Invigilators to be minimized inside the room.
Post Examination Controls
- Only one candidate at a time is permitted to move out in an orderly manner.
- The gloves and masks must be disposed of in a pedal push covered bin.
- Overcrowding to be avoided.
NEET 2021 Exam Day Guidelines – General instructions
- NEET exam centre of the NEET 2021 will be open from 11:30 am till 1:30 pm before which all the candidates are instructed to enter the examination hall.
- No candidate would be allowed to enter the examination hall after 1:30 pm.
- It is mandatory for any candidate to provide/produce the admit card on demand.
- No candidate is allowed to leave the examination hall before 5:00 pm when he/she is instructed to submit the answer sheet to the invigilator.
- A ballpoint pen will be provided for all candidates taking up the exam along with their question and answer booklets.
- Attendance sheets should be signed twice by all those appearing for the examination proving that they actually did take up the national competitive examination without which they’d marked absent.
- The mode of examination is offline where a candidate gets to bubble the correct answer on the OMR sheet.
- Only one OMR sheet per person would be provided.
- The duration of the examination is a total of 3 hours.
- No aspirant is permitted to talk or discuss anything inside the exam hall until the commencement of the exam.
- 7 common mistakes to avoid in NEET 2021
- Stressed Out Because Of Lockdown? Here’s How To Stay Motivated During NEET 2021 Preparation
Documents Required at the NEET Exam Center
- Admit Card: Candidate must carry the NEET 2021 Admit Card at the exam centre. It will be released 15 days prior to the exam date. Passport size Photograph should be affixed on it.
- Passport Size Photograph: Candidates need to carry multiple Passport Size photographs. The photograph must be the same as on the Application form.
- Aadhaar Card: Candidates need to carry the Aadhaar card as the Identity Proof. Candidates belonging to Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Jammu Kashmir need to carry an Identity Proof like a Ration Card, Voter ID issued by the Government of India, etc. Candidates belong to NRIs, PIOs, Foreign Nationals, and OCIs they need to carry a passport.
Note – Candidates taking up the competitive examination are advised to download the admit as soon as it is available and not wait until the last date. A candidate should make sure that they take out a colored printout of their admit card. A recent passport-sized photograph (4”×6”) of the candidate has to be pasted on the admit card against the space for it. The signature of a parent/guardian is mandatory on the admit card.
Things to carry for NEET Exam Centre
- Masks, Hand gloves
- Sanitizers (50 ml)
- Transparent Water Bottle
- NEET 2021 Admit Card
- ID Proof
- Duly filled Undertaking
Things to be Avoided from Carrying at NEET Exam Centre:
- Any electronic devices such as mobile phones, calculators, smart watches, Bluetooth, etc, are banned from the examination hall.
- Common student stationery such as pencil, pen, paper, ink, etc isn’t allowed to be carried.
- Beautifying ornaments with no partiality between metallic or non-metallic like nose pins, earrings, necklace, etc are advised to be avoided.
- Accessories such as cap/hat, belts, goggles, bags, wallet/clutch aren’t allowed.
- Carrying any kind of edible substance is prohibited. Though, candidates suffering from diabetes are allowed to carry pills, water in a transparent bottle with prior information to NTA in their NEET 2021 application form. With no report to NTA via the application, the candidate would not be allowed to utilize the leniency.
NEET 2021 Exam Day Guidelines – Security Check
- The security system for any national level competitive exam would pretty much be tight. Candidates appearing for NEET are to undergo security checks such as body scanners and frisking.
- It is mandatory for all candidates to cooperate with security professionals without disturbing the routine.
- Candidates willing to use their scribe have to carry a ‘letter of undertaking’ to the respected examination centre and let them know beforehand.
NEET 2021 Dress Code
- Aspirants taking up the exam are advised to dress casually and avoid clothes with long sleeves.
- A casual flip flop/sandal with no buckles is advised whereas shoes/boots are restricted to be worn by the candidates.
- Candidates in customary outfits such as burqa must report to the examination centre beforehand at 12:30 pm. Such candidates are likely to bring it to the notice of NTA while filling up the application for NEET.
- Candidates with undesirable health conditions and desire to bypass the NEET dress code should take permission from NTA beforehand.
It is a necessity that a candidate is more cautious while bubbling out the right answer. A total of 180 questions with each carrying 4 marks and -1 for each wrong answer. Chemistry and Physics take up 45 questions each while Biology (Botany+Zoology) seizes 90 questions with a grand total of 180 questions. To make it more manageable for candidates with access to a wristwatch, NTA has set a wall clock in every examination hall with a clearly audible bell sound as an indication of the last 30 minutes of the examination. With plenty of time in their hands due to the outbreak of a pandemic, candidates are advised to organize themselves for the examination.
NTA has announced NEET 2021 exam date and the exam will be conducted on September 12, 2021 in offline mode. The NEET UG 2021 exam will be held in 13 languages this year. The last date to apply for NEET 2021 has been extended till August 10, 2021. NEET 2021 application forms have also been released on nta.neet.nic.in. To appear in NEET 2021, candidates must register for the entrance exam by filling the NEET 2021 application form, uploading scanned images, application fee payment and taking a printout of the filled application form.
- 4 August 2021: NTA has extended the NEET registration Date till August 10.
- 4 August 2021: Revised NEET Reservation Criteria has released by NTA.
- 4 August 2021: Due to Covid, NTA has increased the number of NEET Exam Centres.
NEET 2021 Important Dates
All the aspirants are mandatorily advised to carry NEET 2021 admit card along with declaration and ID proof without which no entry will be permitted in the examination hall. Tabulated below is the summary of all the important NEET 2021 exam date by NTA:
|Events||NEET 2021 Dates by NTA (Official)|
|Application forms release date||July 13, 2021|
|Last date to fill the application||August 10, 2021 till 5:00 PM (Extended)|
|Last date to pay the registration fee||August 10, 2021 till 11:50 PM (Extended)|
|NEET 2021 Application form correction window||August 11-14, 2021|
|Release of NEET 2021 Admit Card||September 9, 2021|
|NEET 2021 exam date by NTA||September 12, 2021|
|Release of provisional answer key||To Be Announced|
|Release of final answer key||To Be Announced|
|NEET 2021 result||To Be Announced|
Some Notable Information About NEET 2021 Exam:
- All the candidates will get the opportunity to make corrections through NEET 2021 Application Form Correction Window where they can correct their form (if necessary).
- NTA will send a text message to the aspirants who are going to appear for the exams like NEET 2021, JEE Main 2021, etc. specifically containing the helpline number.
- The aspirants need to be 17 years old by 31st December, 2021 to apply for the NTA NEET 2021 exam.
- Also, the upper age limit for unreserved candidates is 25 years while it is 30 years for the reserved candidates. However, as the judgement upholding the upper age limit is challenged and the matter is pending, candidates over the age of 25 years are provisionally allowed to appear for NEET. But their candidature will be subject to the outcome of the pending petitions.
- Furthermore, candidates need to sign a self-declaration form if the candidates from Jammu and Kashmir and Union Territories of Ladakh are willing to claim seats via 15% AIQ.
- NTA has been conducting NEET for filling seats to the BDS and MBBS degree for the Medical and Dental coursework program in India to the aspirants since the year 2019.
NEET 2021 Exam Day Schedule
|Last entry in exam hall||1:30 PM|
|Sitting in exam hall||1:15 PM Onwards|
|Announcement of instructions and checking of admit card||1:30-1:45 PM|
|Distribution of test booklets||1:45 PM|
|Writing particulars on test booklet by candidates||01:50 PM|
|Test Commences||02:00 PM|
|Test Concludes||05:00 PM|
|Declaration of Results||September 2021|
|Material to be brought on examination day||Admit Card and Passport size photograph|
|Rough Work||To be done in the Test Booklet only. Candidates cannot do any rough work or put a stray mark on the machine gradable Answer Sheet.|
|Use of Blue/Black Ball Point Pen only||Pen will be provided at the center for writing of particulars on the Test Booklet and responses on the Answer Sheet|
NEET 2021 Application Form Date and Process
The NEET 2021 Application process has started from July 13 onwards. The applications will close on August 6, 2021. Candidates will be allowed to submit their application fees till August 7, 2021. The candidates will be able to fill NEET 2021 application form through online mode only. Successful registration is the only way of appearing in the NTA NEET 2021 exam. No offline application form will be accepted. All aspirants are required to ensure that they meet the NEET UG 2021 eligibility criteria before applying for the exam. Following are the steps for filling online NEET 2021 application form:
- Visit the NTA NEET 2021 official website i.e. nta.neet.nic.in.
- Hit the ‘Fill Registration Form’ link on the home page. Read More About NEET Login
- Fill all the necessary details like name, contact, domicile and qualification.
- Upload the scanned images (signature, photograph) in the jpeg format prescribed.
- Make the fee payment online or offline.
- On successful payment, acknowledgment slip will be generated. Save it for future reference and record.
Note: It is mandatory for Indian citizens to provide their Aadhar card number in the NTA NEET 2021 Application form.
NEET 2021 Form Correction Dates
NTA will open the correction window from August 8, 2021 to August 12, 2021. In order to make corrections in the form during the NEET 2021 application form correction window, the aspirants are required to first visit the official website and then need to provide the application number and password. Hence, you can login to your account and can modify the application form (if required). You are advised to check the form carefully before you submit the final form, otherwise you will not be able to modify it later.
NEET 2021 Registration and Admit Card Date
The candidates should keep all the required documents including the admit card in one place prior to the NEET 2021 exam date, so that they do not forget to carry them to the exam hall. NEET 2021 admit card will be released 3 days prior to the exam. It will contain all the information like roll number, name of the candidates, parent’s name, date of birth, photograph and signature, address of the NEET exam centre , reporting time and exam date etc.
Exam Day Guidelines of NTA NEET 2021 Exam
- The aspirants should reach the exam hall at the time allotted to them on the admit card. Also, they will not get permission to enter the hall after 1.30 PM.
- Candidates should carry the important documents required on Exam Day to avoid any hassle on the day of the examination.
- They should abide by the NEET 2021 exam instructions, guidelines and rules.
- Candidates must not carry barred items to the NEET exam center.
- It is advised to the aspirants to follow the dress code to appear in the NEET UG 2021 Examination.
- Additionally, in case of wearing customary dress, the aspirants are advised to report to the allotted examination hall at least 2 hours prior to the exam timing.
- Similarly, if the aspirants are caught indulging in any unfair means or if they breach the code of conduct of NEET 2021 Exam, then they might be debarred from the exam (if required).
NEET 2021 Answer Key Date
The National Testing Agency will release the NEET 2021 Answer Key after the exam but the date has not been specified yet. The NEET 2021 answer key will be published in two phases:
- In the first phase, NTA will release the provisional NEET 2021 answer key. After that the aspirants can challenge the answer key (if they feel, any answer is incorrect). If the objection is valid, the NEET provisional answer will be revised by NTA key after incorporating the changes.
- In the second phase, the final NEET 2021 answer key will be released by the NEET authority.
Apart from the official answer key release, many coaching centers publish the unofficial answer key on their websites.The unofficial answer key will be released within a few days of completing the NEET.
NEET 2021 Result Dates
It can be expected that the NEET 2021 result will be published in the month of September 2021 by NTA. The candidates can check the result on the official website and can download it by following the same process. Candidates must note that NTA will not send the NEET 2021 result to the aspirants through post.
NEET 2021 Counselling Dates
NEET 2021 Counselling process allows candidates to opt seats in their preferred NEET score accepting institutes or colleges. This process is expected to start after the declaration of NEET 2021 results.
- NEET 2021 cut off will be published along with NEET 2021 result.
- The interested candidates, who are willing to attend All India Quota (AIQ) Counselling process, should register themselves for two rounds of online counselling.
- Seat allocation will be completed based on the category of the candidates, NEET 2021 cut off and rank of the aspirants.
- To participate in the state counselling process, the candidates should enrol their names in the State Quota process.
|Events||NEET 2021 Dates by NTA (Tentative)|
|NEET 2021 Result Declaration||September 2021|
|First round of NEET Counselling for AIQ, Deemed, CI||Yet To Announce|
|Last date of joining after first round of counselling for AIQ, Deemed, CI||Yet To Announce|
|Second round of NEET Counselling for AIQ, Deemed, CI||Yet To Announce|
|Last date of joining after second round of counselling for AIQ, Deemed, CI||Yet To Announce|
|Mop up round of NEET Counselling for Deemed, CI||Yet To Announce|
|Last date of joining after mop up round in deemed, CI||Yet To Announce|
Note: The aspirants need to claim their seats within the mentioned timeline, otherwise it will be allotted to the next deserving candidates (from the waiting list). Additionally, the counselling process for the students will not be conducted again. Since NEET 2021 exam date is around the corner, the aspirants are advised to use this time to solve NEET Sample Papers. Check Best Books for NEET 2021 Preparations