Home » Posts tagged 'NEET 2020 Preparation tips'
Tag Archives: NEET 2020 Preparation tips
The National Testing Agency (NTA) has scheduled NEET 2020 for 13th September 2020 due to the on-going COVID-19 pandemic. Therefore, it spares more time for the preparations and an opportunity to score 600+ in NEET even for the students who started their preparations late. Check NEET New Dates
NEET is one of the important entrance examinations of our country. Many aspirants wish to be in the top ranks and score 600+ in NEET 2020 while others getting a score 600+ in NEET seems like an unachievable dream. Yes, it is a dream but not an unachievable one. In 2019, 2 students even managed to score 700 out of 720 marks. Scoring such high marks requires a lot of dedication, hard work, and sacrifices. NEET preparations must be thorough and complete. So, if you are a student who dreams of being among the top rankers. If you are a student who needs last-minute tips to prepare for scoring 600+ marks in NEET 2020 examination. Then you should further read this article.
Prepare to Score 600+ in NEET 2020 with these Tips
The preparation for NEET or any other examination must begin with goal setting. Goal setting is the most important part of any examination. It helps us to gain and keep the focus on the things we want to achieve, in this case, achieve 600+ scores in exams.
Now that you have set your goal i.e. 600+ in NEET 2020, let’s move to some tips that you can apply in your study routine to achieve a score 600+ in NEET 2020 exam.
Tip 1: Know your Syllabus
When you have set your goal, the next step is to know your syllabus. The syllabus for NEET 2020 is very important. It will help you know the topics and set your time according to your weak topics and strong topics. Give your time to the weak topics and learn it and keep practicing the stronger ones. Do not skip a chapter just because it is hard. Also, try to cover all the important topics of the NEET syllabus.
Tip 2: Jot Down Key Words and Points
When you dream of 600+ in the NEET exam, it becomes essential to work smartly. Jotting down key words and points that are important to a particular topic in a small book can be an effective technique to remember effectively in a short period of time. Plus next time you want to go through a particular topic you don’t have to go through an entire topic but thorough the reference book of your keywords and points. Jotting down can be done in the form of mind- maps, summary or a list.
Tip 3: Know your Exam Pattern
You have studied well, made key points now it’s time to know the NEET exam pattern. The exam pattern will help you know more about the NEET 2020 you are appearing for. I have put down the same for you to have a look at it.
|Marking scheme||+4 for correct answers, -1 for incorrect answers|
|Number of questions||180|
The marking scheme for NEET 2020 is 4 correct answers and -1 for each negative answer. The total number of questions is 180. From this, you can figure out how many correct answers you need to give to score 600+ in NEET exam keeping negative marking in mind. Always aim to get more correct answers than the needed number.
Check | NEET Paper Analysis
Tip 4: Mock Tests
Now that you have studied and learned it is important to know how much you have retained and what topics you still need to work on. Taking mock tests helps you know where you stand with your preparations. The tests also help you to know about the topics you still need to work on. Mock tests are available online or you can ask your teacher for the same.
Check | NEET Sample Papers
Tip 5: Solve Previous Years Papers
Solving previous year’s papers gives you insights about important topics based on the questions asked in past years. They help you analyze the way the question is going to be asked and you will be prepared. The papers also help you to revise too. Solve the papers when you are absolutely done with your syllabus and there is nothing there but to revise. You can get NEET Previous Years Papers online.
Tip 6: Revise
Practising is the key to achieving a score 600+ in NEET exam. You should keep revising until the day of the NEET 2020 examination. Devise a revision plan a few days before the examination. Every week take out a subject and revise what you learned until now. Repeat for weeks to come by. The week before the exam you should strictly revise with the help of the keyword book you prepared. This way you will be able to remember efficiently and smartly. You can use flashcards, Mock tests online, or any other study materials suitable for you to revise.
Tip 7: Do it Everyday
All your hard work will go in vain if you are not consistent. Get up and prepare every day. Do not ever go a day without studying. If you don’t feel like learning, revise something. Reduce your hours if your daily hours seem too much but do not skip it. Make a timetable and stick to it. These are days when procrastinating should never be chosen.
Tip 8: Believe in Yourself
The road to achieving a score 600+ in NEET 2020 is full of bumps and blocks. It is not an easy task to achieve such a big dream. There will be times when you will feel like giving up. Believe in yourself and believe that you have put hours and hours to succeed. Believe that if you set your mind onto something you will achieve it. Be confident and believe in your hard work.
At the end of the day, you should always choose what is best for you and choose ways that serve you best. These were a few tips that can help you prepare to achieve 600+ marks in NEET 2020. Always remember,
“A dream does not become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination, and hard work.”
NEET Preparation Tips: NEET 2020 Exam is rescheduled and will be conducted on 13th September 2020. Students, who are diligent and passionate about medical, can utilise this extra time to the fullest. Better, use this time wisely and productively by maintaining social distancing. Through this article, you will get NEET Preparation tips.
However, before applying for NEET 2020 exam, go through the eligibility criteria. Though the conducting body has also changed from CBSE to NTA, however, the NEET 2020 syllabus is still the same which was stipulated by the CBSE. To get high score, the aspirants should make a smart study plan and should devote their time to constant practices. The aspirants should start their learning with the maximum weightage chapters. Moreover, the NEET Exam Pattern has seen no change this year. In this regard, the aspirants can check previous years question papers.
Latest Update: NTA will release the NEET 2020 Admit card prior 15 days of the exam. The authority opened the NEET form correction window from 4th July to 20th July, 2020.
The difficulty level of NEET 2020 Exam is very high. Over 16 lakhs students appeared for NEET in 2020 for 412 medical colleges across the country. Read the following article about NEET Preparation Tips that will help you to get into the top medical colleges of the country.
Important NEET Preparation Tips
To start preparing for the exam, candidates must start by following the preparation tips. Briefly, NEET preparation tips simplify the exam preparations. some useful and basic NEET preparation tips are mentioned below:-
- Make a time table and follow timely.
- Solve previous year papers.
- While studying focus on important questions and least questions to the exam approach accordingly.
- Also, attempt mock tests.
- Moreover, analyze mock test results and also work on your weak topics.
- Besides, make notes of important formulas.
- Keep practicing on topics.
- Read more from NCERT.
- You may also go through the online study material for NEET Preparation Online.
- Furthermore, do not read any new topic a day before the exam.
- Don’t panic, take proper rest.
Check |NEET Chemistry Syllabus
Things Should Consider while Preparing for the Exam
- Unprepared Topics:- Many students tend to leave unprepared many important sections, which cover the maximum number of questions. In fact, they do not go through the exam pattern before starting the preparation. NEET syllabus is centered around class 11th and 12th syllabus.
- Revision:- Some students study hard throughout the year. However, ignore to revise regularly before a few months from the examination. Consequently, last-minute revision confuses them and they do not make their best in the exam.
- Mock Test:- Students also do not go through the mock tests that give them the idea and feel of the real exam. Many students rely too much only on some specific books for their preparation. There are a total of 13,000 concepts in the NEET syllabus from which you must target to prepare accordingly.
- Study Material: Though, NEET 2020 exam has been delayed due to the outbreak of Covid 19, however, the aspirants should take preparation properly to meet the cutoff marks. Hence, they need to have enough study material, so that they can effectively revise their lesson.
Students also often ignore their health while preparing for entrance exams, which must not be done. They also tend to mix-up their NEET timetable with class 12th studies. NEET and class 12 should be managed separately.
Check | NEET Biology Syllabus
Basic NEET Preparation Tips 2020
There are just a few months left for the NEET 2020. Therefore you should follow some preparation tips. Following are some NEET preparation tips that you also adapt to give your preparation a boost and improve your ranking in NEET 2020 subsequently.
1. Formalize a Feasible Timetable
Students must prepare a feasible timetable based on their strengths and capabilities. Then strictly follow it. Such a timetable also helps you to stay focused on your goal while preparing for NEET. Note that you should divide time for each subject daily since each section is equally important for NEET 2020.
2. Start from Scratch
You should not begin with the complex topics in the start. Your fundamentals must be cleared before you move on later to the complex topics.
You must note down your notes and also the important formulas. Jot down important topics from which most of the questions are asked and prepare those very well, and then move to the lesser important sections.
3. Know the syllabus in a detailed manner
Before you start preparation for NEET 2020 exam, the aspirants should know the syllabus in a detailed manner. You should make a list of the syllabus and put a tick, once you complete reading one section or topic of each of the subjects. Hence, it will help you to understand how many chapters you have left to learn before you start to revise.
4. Regular Practice and Revision
Regular practice will only help you prepare well. Once you are done with theoretical concepts, you must practice as many questions as possible from each of the topics to gain perfection.
5. Attempt Full-Length Mock Tests
You need to attempt to complete mock tests once your syllabus is covered. It gives you an idea, specifically on how to manage your time while attempting the NEET 2020 exam.
The mock tests taken regularly builds your confidence and stamina for attending the real test. You need to assess your score and see improvement over the series of tests accordingly.
6. Understand the Exam Pattern
While preparing for NEET, it is very important for you to know the exam pattern. This gives you a clear idea about how you should prepare for the exam.
7. Do not panic and stay positive:
The competition level of cracking the NEET 2020 exam is getting high. However, the aspirants do not need to panic or stress. Meanwhile, they need to stay positive to face the challenge. Only strong dedication and continuous practice can bring success in getting high scores in the NEET 2020 exam.
Check NEET Sample Papers
NEET Preparation Tips by Toppers and Experts
Some of the popular NEET Preparation tips followed by the experts are discussed in the following:
- Try to clear your concepts instead of following shortcut methods. Medical aspirants should focus on understanding the concepts behind the problems instead of just practicing formulas and answering questions. Instead of utilizing shortcuts, candidates must focus on understanding the 4-5 concepts present in every chapter. This way they can easily prepare for Physics.
- The candidates are advised to make a circle and underline all the important and relevant parts. Since many of the parts in the questions are irrelevant and are not required for answering. Consequently, candidates can reduce the percentage of silly mistakes.
- If the candidates face new questions in the exam centre, then they need to realise that 50% out of four options are not accurate. This elimination specifically leads to analyse the answers more optimally (out of two answers).
- The aspirants should know the effective and speedy way of filling the OMR sheet. However, incorrect filling OMR sheet will also lead to reducing your score in NEET 2020 exam.
- While you are revising thoroughly, try to create a diagram, table, and chart for remembering the information.
- Do not forget to remember the prefix such as bi, mono, dio and uni.
- Make mnemonic phrases for classifications and also for series.
- Do not spend much time solving one question. If you are not confident to solve or do not know the correct answer, you also move to the next question.
90 Days Preparation Plan-Subject Wise
To practice regularly, the aspirants should make and follow the 90 Days revision plan. Here we have covered the syllabus into a 90 days plan. We have divided the syllabus to prepare in 3 months according to their weightage. To know details, you should read the following points thoroughly:
Chemistry 90 Days Plan
|1st Month||2nd Month||3rd Month|
90 Days revision plan of Physics:
|1st Month||2nd Month||3rd Month|
90 Days revision plan of Biology:
|1st Month||2nd Month||3rd Month|
Revision Plan for NEET 2020
Two months have left before NEET 2020 exam. Hence, the students should start the revision properly to get a high score in the main exam. A thorough revision plan is effective to clear your concept and also for brushing up your basic skills.
Create a study plan
You should start revision once you have done your learning session. Hence, you should make a study plan accordingly. Consequently you can complete the revision within the projected timeline.
- Start your revision with those sections or chapters, which you find difficult. If you are not that confident with the preparation of that chapter, you should work on it.
- Afterward, the students should systematically revise the chapters.
- Besides, you need to make a timetable and need to follow it strictly.
- Moreover, you should set a weekly target.
- Start to do 6 hours daily self-study and try to increase the time duration with the time being (specifically when the exams come nearer).
- Finally, you should not spend more than three long hours for revisioning one section.
Use technology as much as you can
You will get multiple online applications and websites for NEET 2020 exam preparation as well as for downloading the study materials.
- If the aspirants are tech-savvy, then it will be the greatest opportunity for them to utilize it for revision purposes.
- For instance, if the aspirants will have any doubt regarding any particular chapter or section, then they can follow the guidelines of experts, which are available online to make it easier for them.
- Furthermore, the aspirants are advised to follow the YouTube channels for getting to know about the professor’s lectures.
- Lastly, better you do self-study. You can also take help from Google for clearing doubts.
Appear for mock test
Appearing for the mock test is the only way of getting ready and revised for NEET 2020 exam.
- You should appear mock tests as much as you can.
- Consequently, you will get a clear idea about the exam pattern of NEET 2020 completely.
- Keep each day of the week for each subject. For instance, Chemistry: Every Tuesday; Physics: Every Thursday; Biology: Every Sunday.
- Apart from getting ideas on exam patterns, the students can increase the pace for completing the main NEET 2020 exam. Hence, you can complete the paper within the mentioned time.
Last 30 Days Revision Plan for NEET 2020 Exam
Revise your notes
- In the last 30 days, the aspirants should revise the notes every day to make a strong grasp of the application.
- You are advised to revise your formulae of the subjects every day. However, it is difficult to revise and retain the essential formulas at once, hence, you should need to revise some sections of the chapters daily, before the last days of the exam.
- Apart from the important formulas, the aspirants should also keep practicing the diagrams with proper labeling.
- In addition, the candidates should revise the Periodic Table thoroughly to get a good score in Chemistry.
- On the other hand, to remember the Physics chapters and sections, the candidates should make flowcharts. It will help the students to make their Physics concepts clear.
- Solve as much as possible previous years’ question papers and then analyze the answers. Do it by yourself, so that you can identify your mistakes, and weak points.
- Though the aspirants will get the questions from all the sections, however, try to figure out the most weightage sections (from where the students get most of the questions in the past two years).
- The aspirants need to take a mock test or should also solve previous years’ questions.
- Also, do not forget to take the exam on an OMR sheet. It will help you to change your habits before the final exam.
- If you are stuck with any topic at the last moment, you should immediately contact your teacher.
- In case of doing self-study, you should check from Google to clear your doubts and concepts.
Mock tests are must
- Furthermore, the candidates should take a full length mock test every day.
- Regular practice of mock test can increase your accuracy level besides increasing the pace of your speed level to complete the paper.
Practice Previous Year Question Papers
- To familiarise with the exam pattern, question types, the students should go through the previous years NEET question papers.
- Practice previous year question paper. It is dependent upon three factors and these are time management, accuracy level and, on selection of questions.
- Specifically, the question solving approach for NEET 2020 Main should be: first understand the question, then do the application of the concepts and at last, do the calculation.
- The selection of choosing the chapters is dependent upon the convenience of the candidates.
- However, as per expert’s guidance, the aspirants should first attempt the Biology, then solve the Chemistry section immediately, and at last, they should answer Physics questions, since the difficulty level of the Physics questions in NEET main exam is comparatively harder than the other two sections.
Maintain a healthy lifestyle
- In the last month of the NEET examination, the candidates should not go through mental stress.
- Moreover, they should follow a healthy diet and take deep sleep.
- To increase the concentration level, deep sleep is also very important for NEET 2020 aspirants.
Factors Affecting NEET 2020 Preparation
Multiple factors that affect NEET preparation and may bring down the rank of candidates. The primary factor is that often students do not follow a rigorous time table for their NEET preparation. The NEET Exam which includes three sections of physics, Chemistry, and Biology. And the duration of the exam is three hours which has 180 questions, 45 from physics, 90 from biology, and 45 from physics.
The best approach to prepare for NEET is to make notes of important questions and solve previous year question papers. It will be very helpful to you. Revise the important questions, formulas, and equations daily. In physics, there are some chapters on the topics of current electricity, communication systems, and semiconductors. This will help you with your revisions.
Check |NEET Physics Syllabus
Online Apps and Online Materials
There are numerous online applications for earing up the practice session of the NEET 2020 exam. Some of them are:
You will get 25000 sample questions in the NEET Guru app. It is a combination of biology, Physics, and Chemistry. In addition, this app will provide you a direct link to YouTube for getting explanatory videos.
Byju’s: The Learning App
The candidates will get an extensive range of study material. In addition, they can attend one on one interactive session with the experts. Hence, the aspirants also need to attend the video class modules.
To clear the concept of Physics, this app is very useful for brushing up the Physics topics. For example, the content of the subject is available in 67 regional dialects as well as in international languages. Some of them are Bangla, French, Marathi, Chinese, Urdu. In addition, the aspirants will also get more than 7000 relevant videos on the subject to strengthen knowledge.
Darwin-NEET 2020 Preparation
From this app, the aspirants will get 30 years MCQs of NEET and AIIMS medical examination questions subsequently. Therefore, the students will get access to more than 25000 MCQs to solve. In addition, from these apps, the candidates will be able to check their analytical performance to identify their strengths and weakness. Moreover, the students can also take free daily test sessions from the previous NEET question papers section.
Besides online applications, the aspirants can immediately download Biology NEET Inspection, AskIITians-IIT, JEE, NEET, SAB, CBSE, ICSE Prep App, Aakash iTutor App, etc for downloading the study materials.
NEET 2020 Important Topics
To prepare in a right manner for the NEET 2020 exam, the students should have a clear concept on the NEET exam pattern. Since NEET 2020 is one of those toughest exams in India, hence, unless you follow proper preparation, you cannot get the cutoff marks in the entrance test.
Physics Important Topics:
|Low Weightage||Medium weightage||High Weightage|
|Units and Dimensions||Motion in one dimension||Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating current|
|Work, Energy and Power||Newton’s Laws of Motion||Ray optics|
|Thermal Properties of Matter, Calorimetry and Kinetic Theory of Gases||Circular motion||Rotational Motion|
|Photo-electric effect and electromagnetic waves||Heat Transfer||Laws of Thermodynamics|
|Nuclear Physics and Radioactivity||Properties of Matter and Fluid Mechanics||Magnetic Effects of Current|
|Center of Mass and Momentum Conservation (Collision)||Waves and sounds||Current Electricity|
|Experimental Physics||Atomic Structure in Modern Physics||Semiconductors and Communication system|
|Oscillations||Gravitation||Classical Magnetism and Magnetic Properties of Matter|
|Motion in 2 dimensions and projectile motion||Wave Optics||–|
Chemistry Important Topics
|Low Weightage||Medium Weightage||High Weightage|
|Solid State||Redox Reactions and Volumetric Analysis||Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure|
|Metallurgy: General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Metals||Carbonyl compounds (Aldehydes and Ketones)||Chemical Thermodynamics|
|Qualitative Inorganic Analysis||Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties||Chemical Kinetics|
|Practical and Environmental Chemistry||Mole Concept (Some basic concepts of Chemistry)||Alcohols and Ethers|
|Atomic Structure||Amines and Diazonium salts||P block elements|
|Nuclear and Surface Chemistry||Haloarenes and Phenols||General Organic Chemistry|
|Haloalkanes||Alkanes, Alkenes and Alkynes||Coordination Compounds|
|Classification and Nomenclature of Organic Compounds||Chemical Equilibrium||S block elements: Alkali and Alkaline Earth Metals and Hydrogen|
|Purification and Characterization of Organic Compounds||Ionic Equilibrium||Biomolecules and Polymers|
|Carboxylic Acid and its Derivatives||Isomerism of Organic Compounds||–|
|Liquids and Gaseous State||D and F block elements||–|
|–||Solutions and Colligative Properties||–|
Biology Important Topics
|Low Weightage||Medium Weightage||High Weightage|
|The Living World||Organisms and Population||Animal Kingdom|
|Mineral Nutrition||Neural Control and Coordination||Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants|
|Structural Organisation in Animals||Anatomy of Flowering Plants||Molecular Basis of Inheritance|
|Reproduction in Organisms||Digestion and Absorption||Principles of Inheritance and Variation|
|Plant Growth and Development||Evolution||Morphology of flowering plants|
|Respiration in Plants||Reproductive Health||Biological Classification|
|Strategies for enhancement in food production||Biotechnology and its Applications||–|
|Microbes in Human Welfare||Cell Cycle and Cell Division||–|
|Transport in Plants||Biodiversity and Conservation||–|
|Excretory Products and their Elimination||Biotechnology- Principles and Processes||–|
|Locomotion and Movement||Human Reproduction||–|
|Biomolecules||Breathing and Exchange of Gases||–|
|Body Fluids and Circulation||Cell- The Unit of Life||–|
|Human Health and Disease||Chemical Coordination and Integration||–|
|–||Photosynthesis in Higher Plants||–|
NEET Preparation Tips: Books to Refer
While preparing for the exam it is simultaneously important to refer to the best books which cover the exam syllabus and exam pattern. NEET Preparation tips are worthless if candidates won’t choose the best books. Here we have provided subject-wise reference books:-
Best Books for Physics Preparation
|Book Name||Author Name|
|Concepts of Physics||H.C. Verma|
|Fundamentals of Physics||Halliday, Resnick and Walker|
|Objective Physics||D C Pandey|
|Complete NEET Guide||MTG Editorial Board|
Best Books for Chemistry Preparation
|Book Name||Author Name|
|Physical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, and Inorganic Chemistry||O.P. Tandon|
|Bull’s Eye Chemistry NEET Edition 2020||Seema Saini and K.S. Saini|
|Organic Chemistry||Morrison and Boyd|
|MTG’s Objective NCERT at your fingertips||MTG Editorial Board|
Best Books for Biology Preparation
|Book Name||Author Name|
|Objective Biology (Volumes 1 & 2)||GR Bathla|
|Elementary Biology (Volume 1 & 2)||Trueman|
|A Class Book for Botany||A C Dutta|
|Complete NEET Guide: Biology||MTG Editorial Board|
Well to conclude, you must be on your toes right now for preparation of the NEET 2020 exam. Apart from following the NEET preparation tips mentioned above, you must also give little time to relax your mind through any mode that entertains you.
NEET 2020 Exam Pattern
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
|Total Marks||720 Marks|
|No. of questions in each section||Physics- 45
Biology- 90 (Botany- 45, Zoology- 45)
|Marking Scheme||+ 4 for a right answer,-1 for an incorrect answer|
|Type of Questions||MCQs|
|Exam Language||Hindi, English, Gujarati, Marathi, Oriya, Bengali, Assamese, Telugu, Tamil, and Kannada|
|Exam Date||13th September 2020|
The aspirants are requested not to select more than one answer for a question, then you will get a negative mark for that question.
Moreover, it offers the candidates to practice the papers even without an internet connection. You will also get previous years to question papers for solving. Therefore, it is the best way of navigating and delivering the best results.
These may include listening to music and talking to your friends. Nonetheless at the same time, do not over consume your time. All the best!
Too much study to cover within a short span of time is the main concern to the NEET UG 2020 aspirants now. Hence, candidates must follow a strict revision plan to crack the exam. Now the last month is left for the preparation, therefore, choosing the most useful books is the most crucial part of the last minute preparation journey before exam. The list of suggested best books lead you to pick the best books for your preparation. This article shed the lights on the importance of choosing the best books for NEET 2020 preparation will be highlighted. Additionally, it helps you to reduce your effort in searching best books from the numerous number of resources, available in the market.
There are a couple of influencing factors, which need to be remembered to the students while choosing the best optimum books for NEET 2020 exam. The factors are:
- The chosen books should clear the fundamental concepts of the subjects
- These books help the aspirants to provide strategies in solving question papers within a limited time frame.
Not only to qualify the exam but also, if the aspirants are looking for a higher score, they need to choose the best books for NEET 2020 exam. Hence, the best books are the essential components of NEET preparation. It will help you to fetch good scores in NEET 2020 exam. However, there are numerous books available in the market for NEET exam preparation. This article will help you to choose the best books for preparing yourselves for NEET 2020 exam.
Importance of Choosing the Best Books for Cracking the NEET Exam
The aspirants require to follow a goal-oriented approach for cracking the entrance test. Apart from following the suitable preparation plan, books are one of the major important components of cracking NEET 2020 exam. Though there are thousands of NEET books, however, the aspirants will require to choose the right book for preparing the test. Read the following reasons to choose the best books for cracking the NEET 2020 exam are:
- The candidates should rely on the NCERT book to strengthen the basic fundamental concepts of each section.
- There will be 180 questions, among which 50% of questions are asked directly from NCERT. To answer the other 50% questions, the candidates will need to follow some other books for grasping the principles more clearly.
- In NEET exam, the aspirants will need to answer MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions) and by using the best NEET Books, the aspirants can easily solve the MCQs within 180 minutes.
- In addition, practicing from the best books is ideal to help the medical aspirants for developing the planning technique, accuracy level and pace.
- NCERT is the only book to boost conceptual knowledge, however, by solving the NEET UG Books, the aspirants will be able to understand the exam pattern of NEET 2020. In addition, the aspirants will find out the marking scheme, question strategies, medium of question paper and other related aspects.
- Hence, all the toppers and experts are advised to read from the best books of NEET MBBS 2020 for obtaining the best preparations.
Best Books for NEET 2020
NEET Preparation Books for Physics
Physics is an important and tricky subject to crack. For getting admission in top medical colleges, students must take physics subjects seriously and prepare well. They must choose books which explain concepts clearly because it helps in improving problem-solving skills.
The following table shows the preparation books recommended for the preparation of the Physics section:
|Books Name||Author’s Name|
|40 days Physics for NEET||SB Tripathi|
|Concept of Physics||H.C. Verma|
|NCERT Physics Part I and Part II||MTG Editorial Board|
|Complete NEET Guide: Physics||MTG Editorial Board|
|Fundamental of Physics||Halliday, Resnick and Walker|
|Physics for NEET||C P Singh|
|Problems in General Physics||I.E. Irodov|
|Objective Physics||DC Pandey|
Authors for Reference: NEET Preparation
- H.C Verma
Book Name: Concepts of Physics
H.C Verma is one of the popular reference books for NEET MCQ Physics practice apart from NCERT. Verma is the professor of Physics at IIT, Kanpur. The aspirants, who feel they are weak in Physics, should practice from H.C Verma’s book. His book is ideal for problem-solving questions. Apart from covering all the topics, there are few solved and unsolved questions for student learning. Apart from this, for developing a better understanding, the aspirants will be able to solve numerical questions from this book.
|Publication||Bharati Bhawan Publishers & Distributors|
In H.C Verma’s book, each chapter consists of MCQs, solutions, objective questions, numerical problems and short answers etc. Hence, aspirants can develop a solid foundation in Physics. Therefore, H.C Verma Solutions (both Vol 1 and 2) is the best possible way of boosting up the problem-solving skills of Physics. Consequently, the aspirants can understand the advanced and simple concepts of NEET Physics.
- O.P Tandon
Name of the Books: Organic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry and Inorganic Chemistry
The primary aim of this book is to develop the conceptual framework of Chemistry so that the aspirants are able to learn and understand the topics. Most of the aspirants find the computational problem difficult.
|Publication||G.R. Bathla & Sons|
Tandon, being an experienced teacher, targets to solve the difficulty level of the students. Hence, by solving this book, the aspirants can solve the illustrative problems systematically.
NEET Preparation Books for Chemistry
Chemistry subject not only contains conceptual questions but it also includes numerical questions. Students must focus on both types of questions. Books play an important role in the subject of better preparation. With the help of books, students can clear all their doubts regarding any topic.
Books cover the complete NEET Syllabus which contains previous year question paper and practice questions along with the complete solution. The best books for NEET Chemistry preparation are as follows.
|Books Name||Author’s Name|
|NCERT Chemistry for Class 11th and 12th||MTG Editorial|
|40 days chemistry for NEET||Sudhanshu Thakur|
|Physics Chemistry||O.P. Tandon|
|Organic Chemistry||Morrison and Boyd|
|Bull’s Eye Chemistry NEET Edition 2020||Seema Saini and K.S. Saini|
|Complete NEET Guide – Chemistry||MTG Editorial Board|
|Concise Inorganic Chemistry||J.D. Lee|
Recommended Books for NEET Physical Chemistry
Problems in Physical Chemistry
|Publication||Shri Balaji Publications|
By following Narendra Awasthi’s book, the aspirants are capable of solving qualitative questions related to the important NEET Physics chapters. Before moving into the exercises, the students can read short points at the starting of each chapter. Problems of the exercises are categorised into sections according to the difficulty level. The aspirants will be allowed to practice and solve enough questions of every section. After that, the students can get solutions and hints to solve the questions at the end of each of the chapters.
|Publication||G.R. Bathla Publications Private Limited|
Physical Chemistry book, written by O.P Tandon can be used regularly for NEET Preparation. The aspirants will be able to gain in-depth knowledge on the subject. Apart from this, students can solve both the practical and theoretical kind questions. Hence, practicing question papers and solved answers is the greatest advantage of following this book for NEET Physical Chemistry Preparation 2020.
Recommended Books for Organic Chemistry
In order to highlight the several characteristics of Organic Chemistry, the book is categorised into different parts. You can gain an in-depth knowledge of basic organic chemistry, functional group chemistry, biomolecules, future and contemporary organic chemistry, common subjects and bioorganic chemistry.
The adapted version of the book offers more concise material, which is written as per the requirement of NEET organic chemistry syllabus. This book covers the value from time tested content from the original book and provides the evaluation as per the basic requirement of an entrance examination.
Elementary Problems in Organic Chemistry
|Publication||G.R. Bathla Publications Pvt. Ltd.|
Recommended Books for NEET Inorganic Chemistry
|Publication||Oxford University Press|
J.D Lee’s book is beneficial to develop the basic fundamental concept of inorganic Chemistry. The students will get plenty of opportunities to practice the chapters from the book. For instance, the students will be able to solve the MCQs, single choice and assertive type questions. The theoretical sections and realistic topics are nicely organised.
For building theoretical knowledge, the students can take help from this book. All the topics and chapters are described in a nice manner. In addition, there are enough rooms for each of the chapters, which are useful for revision and quick recapture. For instance, the aspirants will get practical questions to solve at the end of each chapter as well as at the end of the book. It will be effective to the students for NEET Physics Preparation. From this book, the students can solve MCQs, short answer questions, reasoning and assertion and analytical questions.
NEET Preparation Books for Biology
It is the highest scoring subject in the medical examination. Students must choose the books which cover the topics of Class XI & XII Biology. They should follow the books which explain the concepts in detail. Books will also contain previous year questions papers that help candidates to know about the type of questions asked in the exam frequently, examination difficulty level and much more.
The following table shows the list of various biology books for preparation:
|Books Name||Author’s Name|
|NCERT Biology of Class XI and XII||MTG Editorial|
|Trueman’s Objective Biology for NEET||M.P Tyagi|
|Complete NEET Guide: Biology||MTG Editorial|
|40 Days Biology for NEET||S. Chakravarty|
|Biology||GRB Bathla’s Publications|
Recommended Books for NEET Biology
|Author||R.K Pillai, Naresh Malik, A.B Sinha|
|Publication||G.R. Bathla Publications Private Limited|
The questions are categorised based on the theme of the topics. Hence, students can evaluate their progress in the subject.
|Publication||S. Dinesh & Co.|
The book, written by Bhatia, provides numerous practice problems for the NEET Biology preparation. The practice set of NEET Biology paper is related to the current NEET Trends. On the other hand, the answer key to the questions, hints and analysis of the tricky conceptual questions are also provided.
NCERT Books: NEET Preparation 2020
In order to read easily, the students should rely on the NCERT Books:
- Gives clarity: In order to build the basic fundamental concept of Biology, Physics and Chemistry, the aspirants should read from NCERT Textbooks. Hence, the candidates will gain the courage to solve the conceptual questions of NEET exam.
- Direct Questions: Approximately 50% of questions of NEET Exam will be directly asked from NCERT Books. Since, for framing the NEET questions, the authority follows NCERT Books. Hence, to understand the question pattern, the students should read NCERT books.
- Easy Language: NCERT textbooks are written in concise and easy language. As a result, it will be easy to understand the topics for the students.
NCERT Physics books of Class XI and XII are written in such a way that the aspirants are capable of cracking competitive exams like NEET, VITEEE, BITSAT and JEE Mains or JEE Advanced exam. The subject matter experts write the NCERT Physics books in descriptive as well as in a consistent way. The writer aims to write the complex formulae in the NCERT books to simplify the concepts.
|Class 11 NCERT Physics for NEET||Class 12 NCERT Physics for NEET|
|Physical World||Electric Charges and Fields|
|Units of Measurement||Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance|
|Motion in a Straight Line||Current Electricity|
|Motion in a Plane||Communication Systems|
|Laws of Motion||Semiconductor Electronics|
|Work, Energy, and Power||Nuclei|
|Systems of Particles and Rotational Motions||Atoms|
|Mechanical Properties of Solids||Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter|
|Mechanical Properties of Fluids||Ray Optics and Optical Instruments|
|Thermal Properties of Matter||Electromagnetic Waves|
|Thermodynamics||Moving Charges and Magnetism|
|Kinetic Theory||Magnetism and Matter|
In order to answer the competitive exams like NEET, the aspirants should consider NCERT Chemistry Books of Class XI and XII as Bible. The aspirants can learn the best possible definitions along with the theoretical principles and examples from NCERT Chemistry book.
|Class 11 NCERT Chemistry for NEET||Class 12 NCERT Chemistry for NEET|
|Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry||Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen|
|Structure of Atom||Biomolecules|
|Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties||Solid State|
|Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure||Solutions|
|States of Matter||Electrochemistry|
|Equilibrium||Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids|
|Redox Reactions||Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers|
|Hydrogen||Haloalkanes and Haloarenes|
|The s-block Elements||Coordination Compounds|
|The p-Block Elements||d Block Elements and f Block Elements|
|Organic Chemistry: Some Basic Principles and Techniques||p-Block Elements|
|Environmental Chemistry||General Principles and Processes of Isolation and Elements|
|–||Chemistry in Everyday Life|
Most of the time, the aspirants face challenges to learn Biology. Hence, for reading the topics and chapters of Biology thoroughly, the aspirants should read the NCERT Biology books for developing concepts. Therefore, students will have a clear understanding of the subject.
|Class 11 NCERT Biology for NEET||Class 12 NCERT Biology for NEET|
|Diversity in the Living World||Reproduction|
|Structural Organization in Plants and Animals||Genetics and Evolution|
|Cell – Structure and Functions||Ecology and Environment|
|Plant Physiology||Biology and Human Welfare|
|Human Physiology||Biotechnology and its Applications|
Best Recommended Books by Toppers for NEET 2020 Exam
- Nalin Khandelwal (NEET 2019 AIR 1)
- He suggested to follow NCERT books along with NCERT Exemplar. This was the basic funda of becoming a topper.
- He also recommended solving the questions from practice books as much as possible.
- He suggested doing multiple readings of all topics.
- Bhavik Bansal (NEET 2019 AIR 2)
- He asked all the aspirants of NEET 2020 to read NCERT as Bible as he did
- He suggested the aspirants revise the notes at least for three to four times.
- Like Nalin, he also recommended to solve the previous years’ questions and try to take full-length mock test papers as much as possible.
- He suggested studying challenging topics. Then, move to the comparatively easier topic to study.
Sources of Acquiring Books for NEET 2020 Exam
In order to download the NCERT e-books, the students should visit the official website of NEET exam:
- Go to the official website of NCERT
- Now, the aspirants should click the ‘links’ for downloading E-books.
- Choose the link for downloading ‘Textbooks of Classes I-XII (in PDF)
- Now, you have to select the options like class, book title, subject and then need to click the ‘Go’ option.
- Last, from the left sidebar, the aspirants will be capable of downloading the full-length book or some certain sections (if you want).
Some of the online shopping portals for purchasing the NEET 2020 books are highlighted in the following:
- Target Publications
- Sapna Online
NEET Syllabus 2020: Important and High Weightage Topics at a Glance
|Gravitation||Basic Concepts of Chemistry||Diversity in the Living World|
|Kinematics||States of Matter||Genetics and Evolution|
|Laws of Motion||Thermodynamics||Cell structure and function|
|Optics||Equilibrium||Classification of Plants and Animals|
|Thermodynamics||Redox Reactions||Human Physiology|
|Physical World and Measurement||Periodic table||Reproduction|
|Work, Energy and Power||Electrochemistry||Plant physiology|
|Waves and Oscillations||Chemical Kinetics||Biotechnology|
|Current Electricity||Biomolecules||Biology and Human Welfare|
|Atoms and Nuclei||Polymers||Ecology|
Preparation Tips for Completing the NEET Syllabus from Recommended Books
Before starting preparing for the exam, candidates should be familiar with the NEET Syllabus and NEET Exam pattern to score well in the exam. Aspirants must follow the preparation tips. Some of the basic yet useful NEET preparation tips are mentioned below:-
Tip 1: Follow a proper time table
Before you start to study for NEET 2020, the aspirants should make a time table and follow it accordingly. They need to study for 7 to 8 hours daily. Apart from the study, the candidates need to sleep for 7 hours daily. It helps to keep you refreshed. Map out the routine and follow it for achieving the weekly and monthly goal.
Tip 2: Study from NCERT books
For developing your basic fundamental concept, the aspirants should rely on the NCERT books for NCERT preparation. According to the interview of the toppers, they read NCERT books thoroughly for each section. The candidates should have the primary focus on these books. In addition, for gaining in-depth knowledge, you can also study from the additional reference and practice books.
Tip 3: Take Mock tests
The aspirants should take mock tests as much as possible before the NEET 2020 exam. It will boost up the confidence level of the students. They can identify their mistakes and weaknesses, which can be rectified later. It will bring accuracy in your preparation.
Tip 4: Self-study
The aspirants should go for self-study, even if you are taking coaching from any institute. Consequently, the aspirants can work on their strengths and weakness as well. Hence, for cracking the test, the aspirants should go for self-study.
Tip 5: Solve Previous Years Questions
In order to understand the weightage of the topics, apart from understanding the question pattern, the toppers suggest solving the previous year’s question papers and sample papers.
Tip 6: Understand the Concepts clearly
Do not leave any topic with doubts. Having a clear idea and a clear concept of the topics is the fundamental aspect of scoring high in the NEET Exam.
Tip 7: Stay focused
Try to spend less time on smartphones and social media, otherwise, it may distract your study. Instead of it, you should be focused on your study, so that you can maintain the concentration level.
Tip 8: Keep enough time for your revision
Make sure you have revised your study a couple of times before the NEET 2020 exam. It will help to build your confidence level.
Tip 9: Stay Healthy
The aspirants are advised to eat healthy food and stay calm. Do not take stress unnecessarily. Sleep properly, it is the key aspect of your healthy living being.
Ans. To build the basic concepts of three subjects, Physics, Chemistry and Biology, the aspirants should study from NCERT book. Apart from this, the aspirants should rely on the following reference books:
Ans. Apart from developing the basic concepts from NCERT, the aspirants should follow one other book for practising the MCQs.
Ans. The aspirants can follow H.C Verma for preparing NEET physics syllabus apart from NCERT.
Ans. Find the following books for NEET 2020 Chemistry Preparation:
Ans. Find the following books for NEET 2020 Chemistry Preparation:
Ans. In order to prepare for NEET Biology exam, the aspirants should read the book written by Dinesh apart from reading NCERT.