NEET will be conducted on 1st August, 2021. The centralized entrance examination, National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET), is conducted every year in various cities across India. NEET focuses on assessing the eligibility of candidates seeking admissions for medical courses in the government or private medical institutions in India.
We all know that for appearing in NEET 2021, the very first step is to fill and submit the online application form. The NEET registration 2021 is expected to start soon on the official website – nta.neet.nic.in.
There are multiple things that you keep in your mind and some things you need to keep handy while filling the NEET 2021 online application form. This article will cover all important points about the documents required for NEET application form.
Eligibility and Prerequisites for Filling the NEET 2021 Application Form
Before starting filling the NTA NEET 2021 application form , you need to ensure that you are already meeting the NEET 2021 eligibility criteria. This reduces the chance of rejection of your application at the later stage.
- First you need to ensure that you are meeting the nationality requirements. You can appear in the NEET 2021, only if you are an Indian, an Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI), a Person of Indian Origin (PIO) or an NRI or a foreign candidate.
- Then ensure that you are meeting the age requirement criteria for NEET 2021. To be eligible, you should be at least 17 years old as on December 31 of the admission year.
- So in case of NEET 2021, your age should be at least 17 years as on December 31, 2021. There was also an upper age limit criteria of 25 years which has recently been waived of.
- As the educational qualification requirement, you must have passed 12th standard with at least 50% aggregate marks in the Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects. This requirement of marks is relaxed to 45% for the Gen-PH category and 40% for the SC, ST, OBC, SC-PH, ST-PH and OBC-PH category candidates.
- NIOS students are not eligible to apply for the NEET Exam.
Things to be Kept in Mind While Filling NEET 2021 Application Form
- Note that you need to pay INR 1,500 as the NEET 2021 application fee, if you belong to the unreserved category. There is a relaxation of SC,ST and PH categories who need to pay INR 800. General EWS and OBC-NCL candidates are required to pay INR 1,400.
- You also need to keep the scanned copies of some documents with you while applying for NEET 2021. Firstly, you should have the scanned copy of your recent passport-sized photograph. For more click here
- Note that the scanned file should be in JPG format and the file size must be between 10 to 100 KB. The photograph needs to be taken with a white background, and you need to write your name and date of the photo taken at the bottom of the photograph before scanning.
- Then you need to have the scanned copy of your signature and left hand thumb impression. These individual files should be in the JPG format and the file size must be between 3KB to 20KB.
- It is not mandatory for you to fill the Aadhaar card number in the NEET 2021 application form. Applications without mentioning Aadhaar card number can apply with other ID proof if they have not aadhar card. For detailed information check here
- Only the students from Assam, Jammu & Kashmir and Meghalaya are excluded from this requirement only if they opt to get the examination center in their states. In such a case, it is fine for them to provide with bank account number, ration card number, passport number or any other valid identity number issued by the government of India or state.
- In case you do not have your Aadhaar card, firstly you must apply for the same through one of the Aadhaar enrollment centers and then provide the 14-digit Aadhaar Enrolment Id, including the slash “/” while filling the application form.
- The list of these enrollment centers is available at: www.uidai.gov.in. Then you must produce the Aadhaar card during the counselling. Ensure that all the details mentioned in your Aadhaar card are absolutely correct.
- In case some information is outdated or incorrect, get the same corrected earlier by visiting the nearest Aadhaar card enrollment center. You need to recheck multiple times that the 14-digit Aadhaar card number that you have entered in the application form is absolutely correct.
Additional Checks While Filling NEET 2021 Application Form
- You must not use prefixes (such as Mr./Mrs./Shri) in the names of Mother or Father. Your particulars in the application form must match with those in your current Aadhaar card or the Aadhaar card correction request.
- You must provide your live mobile number and email address for future communication. You must note down the registration number on the acknowledgement screen of application submission or take its printout for future correspondence.
- Ensure to keep your debit card, credit card or net banking details ready with you to make the application fee payment.Sometimes, it gets timeout and payment fails, when you take much more time.
You Might Like
- Want to Start Preparation for NEET 2021? Check Smart Study Plan Here
- Time Table for NEET 2021 Preparation
How to Apply for NEET 2021?
You will be able to apply for NEET 2021 once the application form will be available on the NEET official website – nta.neet.nic.in. Note that you will be able to fill the NEET 2021 application form in the online mode only. No offline application form will be accepted for NEET 2021.
The exact date for release of application forms is yet to be declared. Following are the steps for applying to NEET 2021 by filling and submitting the online application form:
- Visit the NEET official website – nta.neet.nic.in.
- Click the ‘NEET 2021 Registration’ link on the home page.
- Fill all the necessary details like personal, contact, domicile and qualification.
- Upload the scanned images of signature, photograph and index finger impression in the JPEG format prescribed.
- Make the fee payment using the online or offline mode.
- On successful payment, the acknowledgement screen appears. Take the printout of the acknowledgement page of the application form and keep it safe for further use.
In case you make some error while filling the application form, you can correct it during the NEET application correction window.
To conclude, these were the simple requirements that you should consider while applying for NEET 2020. It is suggested for the candidates to keep checking the NEET official website – nta.neet.nic.in, for any update.
All the best!!!!!
Q: Is signature also required for filling NEET application form?
Answer: Yes, candidates are required to upload their signature while filling NEET application form.
Q: Can I upload my right hand thumb impression in the application?
Answer: No, as per the guidelines, you are required to upload your left hand thumb impression.
Q: I have already appeared for NEET thrice. Can I appear for NEET in 2021?
Answer: Yes, the limit on attempts has been removed so you can appear for the 4th time as well.
Q: Can I appear for NEET 2021 if I have failed in Class XII?
Answer: No, NEET 2021 eligibility criteria requires candidates to score at least 50% aggregate in Chemistry, Biology and Physics in Class XII.