The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is scheduled on May 3, 2020 for admission of the eligible students to Veterinary Sciences & Animal Husbandry. As per the Veterinary Council of India (VCI), the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is responsible for conducting NEET exam for those seeking seats under 15% All-India Quota.
For appearing in the exam, students have to fill the application form. Students from National Institute of Open Schooling faced a problem termed as “Technical Glitch” while submitting the application form. Because they have to directly write the exams for Class XII without appearing in Class XI.
As a result of which students were unable to complete the application form online because they were asked to fill the details like the year they passed class XI, name and address of the school they were enrolled. So, students from Open School and Private are informed that when they are submitting their application form may also submit the following suggested details:
- Name of School/ College
- Year of Passing
- Place of Study
- State where Class XI School/ College is located
- District where Class XI School/ College is located
Highlights of NEET 2020
- There is no limit on the number of attempts
- NEET 2020 is scheduled to conduct on May 3, 2020
- Andhra Pradesh and Telangana will now participate in 15% all India Quota counselling.
- The Exam will be conducted Bilingual except who opted English.
- Students from Jammu and Kashmir still have to submit self-declaration form to participate in 15% All India Quota Counselling.
Before participating in the examination, students have to check their eligibility criteria carefully. In the case of eligibility criteria did not match then the student’s candidature will be cancelled. Following is the detailed explanation of NEET Eligibility criteria:
Nationality: Indian Citizens, Overseas Citizens of India, Persons of Indian Origin and Non-Resident Indians can apply for the exam
- Students should have minimum 17 years of age on or before December 31 at the time of admission.
- For General and OBC category candidates maximum age limit is 25 years and for reserved category students maximum age is 30 years
- Students must have cleared 12th class examination and can submit the proof of their eligibility later on
- They should have studied Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology along with English as compulsory subjects to appear for NEET
- General category candidates must be obtained 50% minimum marks, General-PH must obtain 45% minimum marks, and 40% marks obtained by SC/ ST and OBC category students
The Application form is available online on the official website of NEET. To apply for the exam, students have to successfully fill and submit the application form. The following steps help students to fill the application form:
Step 1: Registration
- Students have to visit the official website for registration
- At the time of registration, students have to enter their Name, Email ID, Contact Number, Address etc
- Click on the Submit button
Step 2: Filling the Application Form
- After successful registration, students have to fill their personal details, academic details, choice of exam centre and other details
Step 3: Upload Documents
- Students need to upload their scanned copies of passport size photograph, signature and left thumb impressions
Step 4: Payment of Application Fees
- General Category and OBC category candidates have to pay the application fees of amount INR 1400/-.
- SC/ ST and PH category candidates need to pay the application fees of amount INR 750/-
- The application fees can be paid through different payment gateways such as Debit Card/ Credit Card/ UPI or Net Banking
Step 5: Confirmation Page
- After the successful completion of the payment, a confirmation page will be generated. Students need to download and take the printout of the application form for future reference.
Following is the list of documents required at the time of admission:
- High school & Intermediate mark sheets
- High school & Intermediate Passing Certificate
- NEET Admit Card
- NEET Rank Letter
- Category Certificate (For reserved category candidates)
- Birth certificate
- Passport size photographs
- Provisional allotment letter
- Identity proof
Check here for more details about Exam Pattern
- NEET is a pen paper based offline examination which is comprised of 180 multiple choice questions.
- Total time duration to complete the paper is 3 hours
- The question paper will be asked in the language such as English, Hindi, Bengali, Assamese, Tamil, Telugu, Gujarati, Marathi, Kannada, Oriya and Urdu
- For every correct answer, 4 marks will be given and for every incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted from each wrong answer.