NEET 2020 Official Notification was released on 2nd December, 2019 by NTA. Candidates can fill NEET Application form through the official website @ntaneet.nic.in. National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) on May 3rd, 2020. National Eligibility Entrance Test is the gateway to take admission in medical and dental colleges at the undergraduate level.
Candidates need to know for registration process Aadhaar Card is mandatory.
NEET Exam Dates 2020
|Registration Started||2nd December 2019|
|Registration Closed on||31st December 2019|
|Last Date of Fees Submission||1st January 2020|
|Correction Window||15th January to 31st January 2020|
|Downloading of Admit Card||March 27th 2020|
|Exam Date||3rd May 2020|
|Result will announce on||4th June 2020|
|Counselling||Third week of June 2020 (tentatively)|
Before applying for NEET Application form, Candidate need to check the eligibility criteria, prescribed by the NTA authority. It carry a huge weightage in determining appear for the exam. So, Candidate must check the below criteria while applying:
- Candidates must completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31 December, 2019 at the time of admission.
- Candidates maximum age is 25 years, there is a relaxation of 5 years to SC/ST/OBC category and persons entitled for reservation under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act,2016
- Candidates must be Indian Citizen. NRIs, PIOs, OCIs and Foreign Nationals are eligible to apply.
- Candidate should have passed 12th with minimum 50% marks (General Category) in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. SC/ST/ OBS must have passed with minimum 40% marks with same subjects.
- Candidates who are appearing in class 12th are also eligible for NEET 2020.
NEET 2020 Application Fee
Candidate can pay the fees through online mode only. He/she decided the mentioned mode of payment:
- Through any Debit/Credit Card using on-line gateway payment facility or
- Net Banking/UPI
- e-wallet of various service providers
NEET Exam Pattern 2020
- Total Questions: 180
- Time: 180 minutes or 3 hours
- Subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Biology(Botany and Zoology)
- Marks: +4 for each correct answer, -1 for incorrect answer, 0 for no attempt.
Language of the Question Papers
NEET Question paper will be provided in 11 languages. The default language is English. Candidate can choose their regional language with English. Different languages are mentioned below:
NEET 2020 Syllabus
There is no changes in NEET Syllabus. It will remain same as it was in last year. It is based on 11th and 12th class. NEET Syllabus comprises in 3 subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Biology(Botany and Zoology).
NEET Exam Centers
NTA released the NEET Exam Centers. Candidates can choose top 3 exam centers as per their convenience. Once the form is submitted it will not be changed.
NEET Admit card
Candidate can only download the admit card from the official website. Admit card will not be sent by post. It will be released on March 27th, 2020. Candidates can download the admit card from the following steps:
- Visit the official website @ ntaneet.nic.in
- Click on the link NEET 2020 Admit Card.
- Login with the required credentials i.e. Application number, Date of birth, Captcha Code.
- Now the admit card will be shown on your screen.
- Take the print out of the admit card.
Medical (MBBS and BDS) Seats offered through NEET 2020
Medical (MBBS and BDS courses) seats are done by NEET(National Eligibility cum Entrance Test). Different quota seats mentioned below:
- All India Quota Seats
- State Government Quota Seats
- Central Institutions/Universities/Deemed Universities
- State/Management/NRI Quota Seats in Private Medical / Dental Colleges or any Private University
- Central Pool Quota Seats
Reservation of Seats & Admission in Medical/Dental Colleges
NEET released the reservation criteria for different categories. On the basis of the marks obtained in the National Eligibility-cum Entrance Test, an All India merit list and All India Rank of the qualified candidates shall be prepared and candidates shall be admitted to MBBS/BDS courses from the said list only by following the Existing Reservation Policies and all admission to MBBS/BDS courses within in the respective categories shall be based on marks obtained in the entrance test. Reservation table is mentioned below:
|Category||Reservation of Seats|
|General and OBC||50.5%|
The All India Rank for every qualified candidate is given to DGHS, MHFW, and Govt. of India to provide the same to admitting authorities, which then invite applications for counseling and merit list shall be drawn based on All India Rank by the admitting authorities subject to their applicable rules.
NEET Result will be declared on 4th June 2020. The merit list will be prepared on the basis of result. Counselling will be held on the basis of merit list. It will conducted in the month of July 2020. The minimum cut off marks for 2020 is 50% for General category and 40% for reserved category. You can download the result from the following steps:
- Visit the official website of NTA result @ntaresults.nic.in.
- Click on the link “NEET(UG) Exam Results-2020”
- Fill your exam roll number, date of birth and verification code(Captcha Code)
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- The result will be displayed on the screen.
- Save the page for future reference or record.