India is crossing 12,000 coronavirus cases with more than 400 deaths and the expected growth on the virus outbreak isn’t slowing any further. Instead, the number of cases has doubled in a few days. With that in mind, the Lockdown 2.0 strategy was necessary for India and was implemented for another two and a half weeks.
Soon enough, speculations poured in on social networking sites such as Facebook and Youtube about the delay in NEET 2020 examination. Many rumours started spreading, saying that NEET (UG) 2020 and JEE Main 2020 has been postponed until July 2020 by NTA due to major outbreak of COVID-19 in the country.
These rumours are only rumours and are completely fake. Such rumours create tension for aspirants during an already huge coronavirus crisis that the whole country is going through. No official confirmation for such news has been published by NTA. Moreover, NTA bashed such rumours by an official notice stating that anyone spreading misinformation will be taken legal action against. NEET (UG) 2020 has been postponed until the end of May 2020 as per the notice dated 27th March 2020. Any further delay will be notified by NTA or MHRD, depending on the situation of the COVID-19 crisis in the whole country.
What measures should candidates take to prevent misinformation?
- Candidates are advised to keep checking the official website of NTA or NEET 2020 for any official updates on the examination.
- If you come across any misinformation being spread, inform about the same to exam authorities using helpline numbers.
- Do not take part in spreading misinformation for fun. NTA has already warned of legal action against any such elements.
- Follow official accounts of MHRD and Union Minister of MHRD Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal. You can also keep visiting our website to ensure regular updates.
- Do not believe in any random information on WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram. These are not relevant sources of news. Follow reliable news pages only.