NEET exam will be scheduled on May 6, 2018. As there are only three months left for the exam, students preparing for NEET 2018 should start their revision.Three months time is a lot for preparation if you have got the right approach and killer spirit for cracking the exam with effective strategy. In this period you need to make a NEET Revision Plan to revise thoroughly each and every concept and brush up your basics.
National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) is a well known national level medical entrance exam which is a gateway to several top-notch dental and medical colleges at the undergraduate level. The online application form start from February, 2018. Here we have designed an effective revision plan which will definitely help you in fulfilling your dream to pursue MBBS or BDS from the top medical college of the country.
NEET Revision Plan
Effective Strategies to keep in mind
1. Create a Study Plan: As there is very less time left for the exam, you need to create a study plan to manage your time effectively. First understand your weaknesses and work in order to turn them into strength. It is always beneficial to study in a systematic manner. Therefore, the first thing that you need to do is – Prepare a Timetable and follow it strictly.
Latest Application Form Available 2018
- Apply for top International Institutions. Click Here
Set weekly targets to complete the entire syllabus (class XI & XII), and make sure you complete the syllabus in the decided time period. To start with, do at least 6 hours of self-study daily and gradually increase the time duration as the exam draws nearer. Divide your time into slots in a way that you don’t spend more than 3 hours continuously on the same subject.
Also, it is your responsibility to complete the decided topics in the decided time, while managing your other commitments (like school, tuition, coaching, etc.)
Sleep atleast 7 hours as that is essential to keep your mind fresh and alert. Also, take some time out for your hobbies and recreational activities.
2. Make use of Technology: There are various websites and apps available for NEET exam preparation. If you are technology friendly and if you can manage the devices, technology may do magic in understanding ideas and problems, most importantly, the complex ones will become easier for you.
There are a number of YouTube channels that provides a lectures on a numerous topics which makes it very simple to understand. If you are doing self study and have a doubt you can always prefer Google to clarify.
3. Take Mock Test: This is the best way to get ready and revise for exam by solving past year question papers and taking mock test. Take as many mock test as you can. It will prepare you to attend the exam with patience and familiarity.
The mock test will also familiarize with the exam pattern. Assign each day in a week to each subject. For example, Biology: Every Tuesday; Chemistry: Every Thursday; Physics: Every Sunday. On these days, take mock test from the topics covered in that particular week. This is done to make sure that you maintain the constant pace of your preparation and to assess your performance.
This will also help you to speed up and finish the paper in time, as in the examination hall, it will really help you.
4. Know the syllabus well: Knowing the syllabus and exam pattern well is a very important aspect for preparing. Being familiar with the syllabus is as important as revising for NEET Exam. Make a list of all the topics in each subject and tick each topic as you revise it.
Also make cheat notes after completing each topic as it will really help you before the exam. It is like a window to each topic and you will be able to revise very quickly from that cheat note.
5. Stay Positive: The level of competition for NEET 2018 can be way too much. A positive attitude is very important to face the challenge without stressing too much. A strong dedication, right attitude and focus are the first step towards success.
During the exam, you really need to keep yourself cool as there is very less time and a lot of questions to attempt, so there is no time for panic. Take deep breath and start the paper. Don’t waste too much time on one question, if you don’t know the answer then move on to the next question. First attempt all the questions you are sure about.
By following the above mentioned revision plan, you will be easily able to cover all the topics. You just have to be determined and focus to achieve your goal.
NEET 2018: Month 1 (February)
|WEEK 1||Unit – Diversity in Living World (Excluding Animal Kingdom)(Class XI)||Basics of Organic Chemistry, Hydrocarbons & Halides||Class 12th Electrostatics (Electric Charges & Fields, Electric potential & capacitance|
|WEEK 2||Unit- Cell Structure and Function (Class XI)||Organic Chemistry Containing Oxygen (Alcohols, Phenols, Ether, Aldehydes & Ketones)||Class 12th Magnetism (Moving charges & Magnetism, Magnetism & Matter)|
|WEEK 3||Unit- Reproduction (Class XII)||Organic Chemistry Containing Oxygen & Nitrogen (Carboxylic Acids & derivatives, Nitro, Cyano, Amines & Diazonium salts)||Class 11th Mechanics (Units & Measurements, 1D & 2D Kinematics)|
|WEEK 4||Unit Biology in Human Welfare (Class XII)||Bio-molecules, Polymers, Environmental & Everyday-life Chemistry||Class 12th Current Electricity (Electric Current, Electromagnetic Induction, Alternating Current)|
NEET 2018: Month 2 (March)
|WEEK 1||Unit- Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants (Class XI)||Mole Concept & Stoichiometry, States of Matter: Gaseous State||Class 11th Mechanics (Laws of Motion & Work, Energy, and Power)|
|WEEK 2||Unit- Plant Physiology (Class XI)||Atomic Structure, Thermochemistry||Class 11th Mechanics (Rotational Kinematics & Dynamics, System of Particles)|
|WEEK 3||Unit- Genetics and Evolution (Class XII)||Equilibrium, Solutions & Solid State||Class 12th: Optics & Modern Physics (Ray and Wave Optics, Dual Nature of Radiations)|
|WEEK 4||Unit- Biotechnology and its Applications (Class XII)||Redox & Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics & Surface Chemistry||Class 11th Mechanics (Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids & Fluids)|
NEET 2018: Month 3 (April)
|WEEK 1||Class XI
Digestion & Absorption
Breathing and Exchange of Gases
Body Fluids and Circulation
|Chemical Bonding||Class 12th – Atomic Nucleus & Semiconductors|
|WEEK 2||Class XI
Excretory Products and Elimination
Locomotion and Movement
Neural Control and Coordination
Chemical Coordination and Integration
|Classification of Elements, Hydrogen & S Block||Class 11th Mechanics (Oscillations & Waves)|
|WEEK 3||Unit Ecology (Class XII)||P Block Elements||Class 11th Thermal Physics (Thermal Properties of Matter, Thermodynamics, Kinetic Theory of Gases)|
|WEEK 4||Animal Kingdom (Class XI)||D & F Block & Coordination compounds||Class 12th – Electromagnetic Waves & Communication Systems|