NEET PG 2019 is scheduled for January 6, 2019 in online mode. NBE conducts NEET PG for admission into MS/MD/PG Diploma courses. Indian citizens and overseas Indian citizens, both are eligible for the exam. Aspirants must achieve MBBS degree or Provisional MBBS Pass Certificate as per the Indian Medical Council Act 1956. Foreign nationals can also appear for NEET PG 2019.
Note– NEET PG Application form 2019 is available till November 22, 2018 at the official site of NBE.
NEET PG Eligibility criteria includes your nationality, qualification, internship record. Only when you meet the criteria in all the 3 domains, you will be allowed to sit for NEET PG 2019. On successful submission of the NEET PG Application form, you can download the admit card from December 30, 2018.
Highlights related to NEET PG Eligibility Criteria:
- Eligibility criteria is decided as per Medical Council of India Act 1956
- You must possess a MBBS degree or Provisional MBBS Pass Certificate from a recognized university
- The starting date and the last date of the internship date must be filled carefully
- Any increase or decrease in the number of days can lead to trouble with the internship certificate thus affecting its validation
- If at any stage you are found ineligible for NEET PG, you will not be allowed to sit for the exam
- In unlikely event of appearing for the exam if you are ineligible, your result will be cancelled
The exception is there when it comes to the candidates who have completed education from the state of AP/Telangana/ J& K.An introduction of a new criterion requires the aspirant to hold a valid and mandatory Aadhar card number. Students of foreign origin are also eligible for NEET exam without a valid aadhar number.The application fee differs in case of the different category students. The students of General/ OBC category have to pay an application fee of Rs. 3,750 and the students of SC/ST/PWD/PH category have to pay have to the application fee of Rs. 2, 750.
|Commencement of NEET PG 2018 application form||October 2018|
|Last date to complete NEET PG 2018 application form||November 2018|
|Last date to make a correction in NEET PG 2018 application form||November 2018|
|NEET PG 2018 exam||January 2019|
|Result Declaration||January 2019|
Eligibility as per Nationality:
The nationality requirement for NEET exam is that the candidate must be a citizen of India and a domicile of the state is compulsory. The domicile is the only document proving the nativity for a state located in India.
- Students who belong to any state other than Andhra Pradesh/Telangana/J&K need to produce the domicile
- If the student has the domicile of the state of AP/ Telangana/ J & K and has completed his/her MBBS degree from the state of AP/ J& K/Telangana then the student would not be allowed to appear for the NEET PG exam
- If a student has completed the MBBS degree from any state other than AP/J &K/ Telangana but has the domicile of AP/ J& K/ Telangana than the student is eligible to write the NEET exam
Eligibility as per Age Criteria:
As NEET PG is a post graduation level program and the students pursuing MBBS can sometimes take a break in their educational career so no age limit is defined. This does not mean that an 18-year-old can apply for NEET PG rather there is no upper or lower age limit defined for NEET PG 2019 exam.
There were speculations about the introduction of age limit on the NEET PG exam like the NEET exam but this was completely ruled out.
Latest News Updates
There are around 118 colleges in India offering PG degree and they all can have their own age limit. But NEET has not declared any upper or lower age limit, giving the liberty to colleges to work on the age criteria as per their choice.
There is no age relaxation for students of any category. The NEET authorities have not defined any age limit so no relaxation can be given.
Eligibility as per Academic Qualifications:
The clause for educational qualification when it comes to NEET PG exam can be defined by different subheads. The subheads are introduced as MBBS degree is important but there is different clauses as per the area and work experience requirement.
- An MBBS Degree must be successfully completed: A degree issued by a college approved by MCI and a registration certificate of the MBBS degree is compulsory. A provisional degree is also accepted till a final degree is introduced. This is necessary as per the Indian Medical Council Act 1956.
- MBBS degree issued from a state in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and J & K would not be considered eligible for admission under AIQ.
- Student would be considered for admission under 50% criteria only if the candidate has been nominated by GOI (Government of India). For this, a student is required submit a self-declaration (written in the affidavit) stating that GOI has nominated the candidate for education
- A printout of the acknowledgment of the affidavit along with the NEET PG application form must be submitted to Deputy Director (Examination), National Board of Examinations, Medical Enclave, Ansari Nagar, Mahatma Gandhi Marg, New Delhi- 110029.
NEET PG 2019 Internship Requirement:
- It is mandatory to complete one year of rotary internship in any of the hospital
- Internship must be complete on or before March 31, 2019
- A valid MCI certificate must be issued MCI (Medical Council of India) or SMC (State Medical Council) as the provisional or permanent certificate
- The MCI/SMC certificate must be presented on the day of examination and at the time of counseling otherwise, the candidate is considered ineligible
- A valid aadhar card is important and mandatory for Indian nationals to prove their nationality. This is unique 14 digit number issued by GOI to all the citizens of India.
- Students from the state of Jammu & Kashmir, Assam or Meghalaya do not have the aadhar card and thus do not need to enter the details of Aadhar number.
- In case of absence of Aadhar number candidate must apply for an enrollment number at the aadhar enrolment center. The list is available at www.uidai.gov.in.
NEET PG 2019 Eligibility criteria for Foreign Nationals:
- Indian citizenship is not mandatory for foreign nationals to apply for NEET PG 2019
- There are no domicile requirements for students of foreign origin
- It is not compulsory for the foreign nationals to obtain a temporary registration certificate from MCI to write NEET PG examination
- A temporary registration certificate is required by the candidate for the duration of study of the PG course
- Any foreign national in case of absence of the MCI certificate can produce the original screening test pass certificate issued on NBE letterhead
Who is not eligible for NEET PG 2019?
- The student’s admission would be provisional till the background of education is verified
- If candidates are found at ineligible at any stage of NEET PG 2019, they will not be allowed to sit for the exam
- An incomplete internship certificate or the internship certificate issued on or after March 31, 2019 would not be accepted for NEET PG 2019
- The MBBS degree not recognized by Indian Medical council act, 1956 would not be considered eligible.
Reservation policy NEET 2019:
Reservation is offered in all the UG and PG courses where the seats are filled through combined entrance test. The reservation policy is applied following the schema directed by the honorable Supreme Court of India. The rules of reservation are as follows:
- Reservation for OBC (Other Backward Classes- NCL)- 27%.
- Reservation for Schedule Caste (SC)- 15%.
- Reservation for Schedule Tribe (ST)- 3%.
- No reservation rules are applicable to the PG seats offered in AFMC.
Who can claim the reservation?
- Under the OBC category, the reservation would be given to only those candidates who are covered and have the OBC NCL certificate. This certificate should not be older than 6 months.
- In case a candidate is eligible for reservation benefits under two or more categories than the candidate can claim either seat under one and not both of the categories.
- The PWD benefits are offered to candidates only if the disability of the lower limbs is more than 50% to 70%.
- All the necessary documents must be produced at the time of reservation so that the benefits can be claimed. Else the student cannot claim the reservation benefits. The candidature is canceled if at any stage it is found that documents are forged or invalid.
- Although the rules of reservation are clear and transparent still the reservation benefits are exercised only on the basis of the rank.
Necessary documents in support of document verification:
- NEET PG 2019 admit card
- Result/ Rank Letter issued by NBE
- Marksheets of MBBS/BDS 1st, 2nd, and 3rd-year professional examination.
- MBBS/BDS degree certificate original or provisional.
- Internship certificate issued by the institute that has been issued by the Head of the institution or college that the candidate has completed the internship from.
- Permanent/ provisional certificate issued by MCI or DCI/ State Medical or Dental council.
- High school/ higher secondary certificate/ birth certificate as proof of date of birth.
- Reservation certificate issued by competent government authorities in the prescribed format. The acceptable language is Hindi/ English, the sub-caste must be clearly mentioned on the certificate.
- Reservation certificate is applicable in the case of SC/ST/PWD and PH category candidates.