NEET PG 2018 exam is conducted for admission to the PG courses offered by various government and private colleges under the guidance of MCI (Medical Council of India). Aspirants who wish to take admission must write the exam and must thus read all the NEET PG 2018 eligibility criteria carefully. Students must fill the NEET PG 2018 application form in the online mode and fill the application form on or before October 31, 2018. Also, it is recommended that the application fee is paid simultaneously while filling the application form, as the forms without the application fee would be rejected.
NEET PG 2018 is a postgraduate level program, so it is required that the candidate must have completed MBBS from an institute recognized by MCI (Medical Council of India). This is the minimum educational qualification requirement defined by NBE as part of the NEET-PG eligibility criteria. In the domain of work experience, 1 year of rotary internship is required. The next in the line is the definition of nationality i.e. only an Indian national can apply for the exam. The definition of nationality is extended and can be checked in detail further ahead in the article.
The exception is there when it comes to the candidates who have completed education from the state of AP/Telangana/ J& K.An introduction of a new criterion requires the aspirant to hold a valid and mandatory Aadhar card number. Students of foreign origin are also eligible for NEET exam without a valid aadhar number.The application fee differs in case of the different category students. The students of General/ OBC category have to pay an application fee of Rs. 3,750 and the students of SC/ST/PWD/PH category have to pay have to the application fee of Rs. 2, 750.
|Commencement of NEET PG 2018 application form||October 2018|
|Last date to complete NEET PG 2018 application form||November 2018|
|Last date to make a correction in NEET PG 2018 application form||November 2018|
|NEET PG 2018 exam||January 2019|
|Result Declaration||January 2019|
Eligibility as per Nationality:
The nationality requirement for NEET exam is that the candidate must be a citizen of India and a domicile of the state is compulsory. The domicile is the only document proving the nativity for a state located in India.
- Students who belong to any state other than AP (Andhra Pradesh)/Telangana/J&K need to produce the domicile.
- If the student has the domicile of the state of AP/ Telangana/ J & K and has completed his/her MBBS degree from the state of AP/ J& K/Telangana then the student would not be allowed to appear for the NEET PG exam.
- If a student has completed the MBBS degree from any state other than AP/J &K/ Telangana but has the domicile of AP/ J& K/ Telangana than the student is eligible to write the NEET exam.
Eligibility as per Age Criteria:
As NEET-PG is a post graduation level program and the students pursuing MBBS can sometimes take a break in their educational career so no age limit is defined. This does not mean that an 18-year-old can apply for NEET PG rather there is no upper or lower age limit defined for NEET PG 2018 exam.
There were speculations about the introduction of age limit on the NEET PG exam like the NEET exam but this was completely ruled out.
There are around 118 colleges in India offering PG degree and they all can have their own age limit. But NEET has not declared any upper or lower age limit, giving the liberty to colleges to work on the age criteria as per their choice.
There is no age relaxation for students of any category. The NEET authorities have not defined any age limit so no relaxation can be given.
Eligibility as per Academic Qualifications:
The clause for educational qualification when it comes to NEET PG exam can be defined by different subheads. The subheads are introduced as MBBS degree is important but there is different clauses as per the area and work experience requirement.
- An MBBS Degree must be successfully completed: A degree issued by a college approved by MCI and a registration certificate of the MBBS degree is compulsory. A provisional degree is also accepted till a final degree is introduced. This is necessary as per the Indian Medical Council Act 1956.
- MBBS degree issued from a state in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and J & K: A candidate who has completed the MBBS degree from the state of AP/Telangana/ J & K would not be considered eligible for admission under AIQ. The student would be considered for admission under 50% criteria only if the candidate has been nominated by GOI (Government of India). In order to exercise the benefits of 50% criteria, a student is required submit a self-declaration (written in the affidavit) stating that GOI has nominated the candidate for education. A printout of the acknowledgment of the affidavit along with the NEET PG application form must be submitted to Deputy Director (Examination), National Board of Examinations, Medical Enclave, Ansari Nagar, Mahatma Gandhi Marg, New Delhi- 110029.
NEET PG 2018 Internship Requirement:
- It is mandatory for the candidate to complete one year of rotary internship in any of the hospitals.
- The date of completion of the internship must be on or before March 31, 2018.
- It is important that a valid MCI certificate must be issued MCI (Medical Council of India) or SMC (State Medical Council) must be issued as the provisional or permanent certificate.
- The MCI/SMC certificate must be presented on the day of examination and at the time of counseling otherwise, the candidate is considered ineligible.
- A valid aadhar card is important and mandatory for Indian nationals to prove their nationality. This is unique 14 digit number issued by GOI to all the citizens of India.
- Students from the state of Jammu & Kashmir, Assam or Meghalaya do not have the aadhar card and thus do not need to enter the details of Aadhar number.
- In case of absence of Aadhar number candidate must apply for an enrollment number at the aadhar enrolment center. The list is available at www.uidai.gov.in.
NEET PG 2018 Eligibility criteria for Foreign Nationals:
- There is no requirement of Indian citizenship for the foreign nationals to apply for the NEET PG exam.
- There are no domicile requirements for students of foreign origin.
- It is compulsory for the foreign nationals to obtain a temporary registration certificate from MCI at the time of writing NEET-PG examination.
- A temporary registration certificate is required by the candidate for the duration of study of the PG course.
- Any foreign national in case of absence of the MCI certificate can produce the original screening test pass certificate issued on NBE letterhead.
Who is not eligible for NEET PG 2018?
- The student’s admission would be provisional till the background of education is verified. In case it is found at any stage that an ineligible candidate has qualified the NEET 2018 exam then his/her admission would be canceled.
- An incomplete internship certificate or the internship certificate issued on or after March 31, 2018, would not be accepted for NEET PG 2018. It is mandatory for all the participants to have successfully completed the internship degree before March 31, 2018.
- The MBBS degree not recognized by Indian Medical council act, 1956 would not be considered eligible as per the scheme defined on the MBBS eligibility criteria.
Highlights related to NEET PG Eligibility Criteria:
- As per the NEET PG eligibility criteria, a candidate can only register once every academic year. Thus successful registration is only accepted once for the academic year 2018. Students are not allowed to fill duplicate forms or apply multiple times for an exam.
- The starting date and the last date of the internship date must be filled carefully. Any increase or decrease in the number of days can lead to trouble with the internship certificate thus affecting its validation.
- Selection to any of the institutes via NEET PG eligibility criteria would be subjected to fulfilling the eligibility criteria defined by the institute.
Reservation policy NEET 2018:
Reservation is offered in all the UG and PG courses where the seats are filled through combined entrance test. The reservation policy is applied following the schema directed by the honorable Supreme Court of India. The rules of reservation are as follows:
- Reservation for OBC (Other Backward Classes- NCL)- 27%.
- Reservation for Schedule Caste (SC)- 15%.
- Reservation for Schedule Tribe (ST)- 3%.
- No reservation rules are applicable to the PG seats offered in AFMC.
Who can claim the reservation?
- Under the OBC category, the reservation would be given to only those candidates who are covered and have the OBC NCL certificate. This certificate should not be older than 6 months.
- In case a candidate is eligible for reservation benefits under two or more categories than the candidate can claim either seat under one and not both of the categories.
- The PWD benefits are offered to candidates only if the disability of the lower limbs is more than 50% to 70%.
- All the necessary documents must be produced at the time of reservation so that the benefits can be claimed. Else the student cannot claim the reservation benefits. The candidature is canceled if at any stage it is found that documents are forged or invalid.
- Although the rules of reservation are clear and transparent still the reservation benefits are exercised only on the basis of the rank.
Necessary documents in support of document verification:
- NEET PG 2018 admit card
- Result/ Rank Letter issued by NBE
- Marksheets of MBBS/BDS 1st, 2nd, and 3rd-year professional examination.
- MBBS/BDS degree certificate original or provisional.
- Internship certificate issued by the institute that has been issued by the Head of the institution or college that the candidate has completed the internship from.
- Permanent/ provisional certificate issued by MCI or DCI/ State Medical or Dental council.
- High school/ higher secondary certificate/ birth certificate as proof of date of birth.
- Reservation certificate issued by competent government authorities in the prescribed format. The acceptable language is Hindi/ English, the sub-caste must be clearly mentioned on the certificate.
- Reservation certificate is applicable in the case of SC/ST/PWD and PH category candidates.