The National Board of Examination (NBE) has successfully conducted NEET PG 2019 on January 6, 2019. More than 1,48,000 candidates appeared for the exam across 165 cities. NBE will release NEET PG cut off in February, 2019. However, this is a tentative date and you must stay tuned to the official site of NBE for all latest updates.
For the recently conducted exam, NBE has not released any official answer key yet. However, many top coaching institutes have released the answer keys which give you an idea of your performance in the exam.
NEET PG cut off list will be available only online. NEET PG cut off is decided in accordance with Post Graduate Medical Education Regulations. It will be released in the percentile score. Only when your name appears in the cutoff list, you are eligible for NEET PG Counselling.
Due to extreme weather conditions in Jammu and Kashmir, many candidates could not make it to the exam centres. NBE has released an official notification to re-conduct the exam for the affected candidates.
Highlights of NEET PG Cut off
- NEET PG 2019 Result will be declared on January 31, 2019
- Candidates who obtain a minimum of 50 percentile in NEET PG 2019 will qualify NEET and will be eligible for admission
- For candidates from SC/ST and OBC background, minimum marks is 40 percentile
- NEET PG 2019 Counselling will take place as per candidates’ rank in All India NEET PG 2019 Rank list, All India 50% Quota Category Rank, and State Quota Rank
Note- You can now check the list of available colleges using NEET PG College Predictor tool.
NEET PG 2019 Cut Off: Things to know
There are certain things about NEET PG cut off that you must know-
|Cut off release date||January 31, 2019|
|Released by||National Board of Examination|
|Validity of score||1 year|
NEET PG Cut Off
NEET PG Cut off will be released by NBE to determine the number of candidates who will clear the exam and will be eligible for the counselling process. A separate cut off is released for the All India 50% Quota seats and candidates clearing that cut off become eligible to gain admissions on AIQ seats in medical colleges across the country. As per the notification, the cutoff for AIQ seats will be the same as the cutoff of NEET PG 2019. The qualifying score cum NEET PG cut off is given in the table below-
For NEET PG:
Latest News Updates
|General Category (UR)||50th Percentile||321|
For NEET MDS:
|General Category (UR)||50th Percentile||233|
NEET PG Cut Off: Factors
The cut off score is the lowest possible marks a candidate must obtain in order to qualify NEET PG 2019. NEET PG cut off score is based on many factors such as:
- Total number of candidates appearing in the entrance test
- Total number of candidates who passed the entrance test
- The difficulty level of question paper
- Total number of seats
Based on NEET PG Cut off, the exam conducting authority will declare the NEET 2019 result for candidates as qualified or not qualified.
NEET PG Cut Off: Merit List
NEET PG 2019 Merit list of the qualified and successful candidates under 50% All India Quota seats will be prepared by the NBE on the basis of score obtained in NEET 2019. NEET 2019 Merit list will have as many students as there are seats available for allotment of PG/MDS courses under All India Quota.
Tie-breaking criteria for NEET PG 2019-
In the case of two or more candidates obtain equal percentile in NEET PG 2019, the merit of such candidates will be determined in order of preference as follows:
- A student who has most correct responses in NEET PG 2019 exam will be given a higher rank in the merit list
- In case the tie persists after considering the first factor, candidates’ marks in MBBS degree will be considered. Candidate with higher marks in MBBS program will be given the higher order
- If the tie still fails to break, then candidates’ age will be considered. Candidates older in age will get preference over the younger candidate
Last Year Cut-off Analysis
Candidates scoring more than or equal to the minimum score will be declared as qualified. Students use the previous year cut offs to get an idea of the cut-off pattern for NEET PG 2019. The category-wise cut-off marks of last year are given below:
For All India 50% Quota Seats:
Cut-off for NEET MDS
NEET PG Exam Analysis
In this part, we bring you whole examination analysis of NEET PG 2018 so that you can use it as a preparation tip for NEET PG 2019.
- Nearly 5,000 students took NEET PG 2018 out of the 7,000 who had registered for it
- Aspirants who appeared for the examination said around 300 questions were tricky
- There was a proper balance between clinical and non-clinical questions
- Difficulty level of NEET PG 2018 was pretty moderate
- Some aspirants found questions from ophthalmology and pharmacology topics to be tough