NEET 2018 is scheduled for 6th May, 2018. It is the centralized entrance exam for admission to MBBS and BDS programs in the country. WIth the main focus on preparation for exam, candidates often tend to skip on important instructions and guidelines related to appearing for the exam. Well, this article covers NEET Exam Day Instructions for candidates which they must clearly understand before appearing for the exam.
The instructions may often seem very obvious and least important to a lot of aspirants. However, make no mistake as the failure to comply with these instructions can only result in unnecessary delay on the day of exam or possible debarment from NEET Exam Centers. Read on to full details about these exam day instructions.
NEET 2018 Admit Card is released by CBSE on 17th April. Click here for Detailed information.
Make sure you carry the admit card along with the legal photo ID proof as CBSE will not give a second chance to NEET aspirants. A valid admit card is the only access to exam premises on the day of NEET exam.
The dress code guidelines must be strictly followed by all the aspirants to avoid any possible delay or exclusion from appearing for the exam. Candidates planning to appear in traditional attire must report by 8.30 am at the stipulated exam centers.
As no state or institution is allowed to conduct the private exam for MBBS/BDS course, NEET is the only gateway for medical career. Although each state will conduct a separate counseling for admission to the MBBS and BDS admission, the 15% seats are filled through AIQ by MCC and remaining 85% seats are filled through state quota.
What to wear? NEET Dress code
The official dress code instructions while appearing for NEET 2018 are discussed below:
- Students can only wear slippers/ sandals with low heels.
- Best to wear light and comfortable clothes, preferably half sleeves clothes are recommended.
- Students not to wear brooch/badge, flower etc. with Salwar/Trouser.
- If the candidate wear customary dresses he/ she need to report at 8:30 am.
You would not be allowed to enter the NEET exam center if you are found with
- Full sleeves clothes.
- Any kind of jewelry, bags or electronic item.
Documents Required at the Exam Center
- Admit Card: Candidate must carry the Admit Card at the exam center. It will released in second week of April, 2018. Passport size Photograph should be affix on it.
- Passport Size Photograph: Candidates need to carry multiple Passport Size photograph. Photograph must be same as on the Application form.
- Aadhaar Card: Candidate need to carry the Aadhaar card as the Identity Proof. Candidates belong to Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu Kashmir need to carry an Identity Proof like Ration Card, Voter ID issued by the Government of India etc. Candidates belong to NRIs, PIOs, Foreign Nationals and OCIs they need to carry passport.
NEET Exam Day Instructions
Candidates can find below the detailed instructions that are usually printed on the back of admit card:
- Keep your admit card handy, it must be presented whenever asked, in case you do not have the NEET admit card then the Center superintendent may not allow you enter the exam center.
- It is important to report with the admit card and Performa, with the postcard size photograph stuck on it, at the allotted examination center.
- Any kind of stationery item like pen, pencil or eraser is not allowed to be carried inside the exam hall. A pen will be provided to all the candidates at the exam center.
- At the exam center, a candidate is allowed to come only with the NEET 2018 admit card and photographs.
- Admit card must not be damaged under any circumstances and retained safely till the medical/dental colleges admission process starts.
- Reporting time will start from 7:30 am. Candidates are adviced to enter in the exam center before 9:30 am. No candidate will allowed after 9:30 am.
Detailed list of items prohibited in NEET 2018 exam center:
- Any metallic item.
- Eatable items are not allowed.
- Any stationery item like text material, books, notes, chits of paper, etc.
- Any device like calculator, eraser, a piece of paper, pencil box, plastic bag or pouch, scale, pen, writing pad, calculator, log table, electronic pen/ scanner, etc.
- Any communication device like Bluetooth, microphone, etc.
- Other items like wallets, shades, handbags, leather belts, etc.
- Any kind of instrument is not allowed in the exam hall.
- No nose pin, ring, earring, chain, badge, necklace, etc.
Things to remember on the day of exam:
- Reach on time: The reporting time is 7.30 am, if you reach the exam center after 9.30 am then you would not be allowed to write the exam under any circumstances.
- Listen to the instructions given by examiner carefully: examiner will be giving some instructions orally, this will be done only once in the exam session. The same would be repeated twice, but make sure you catch the right instructions.
- No personal communication: No matter whatever is the reason, you would not be allowed to communicate with the fellow candidate writing the exam. In case you want to say something, raise your hand and take invigilators permission to speak.
- Do not leave the exam hall before the exam duration is over: No candidate is allowed to leave the exam hall before the exam time is over. First, you will not be allowed to do so and if you try to do so, you would be debarred from the exam system. In case of nature’s call, take permission and use the washroom and return to the room, once you are free from nature’s call.