NEET 2019, conducted by NTA has set of eligibility criteria for candidates who wish to appear for the examination. It is a national level medical entrance examination for aspirants from all over India. NEET 2019 will be conducted on May 5th, 2019. Before filling the NEET application form, candidate are advised to check carefully NEET Eligibility Criteria.
Eligibility criteria includes age limit, qualifications, category, nationality and other criteria. In order to pursue graduation in medicals, basic criteria is to score minimum 50% in 12th standard board for general category and 40% for reserved category candidates. After you meet the eligibility criteria, it is necessary to know how to apply before filling the application form.
NEET Official Notification has been released. Candidates can fill NEET Application form before 30th November, 2019.
NIOS or Private Institutes students are not eligible for NEET 2019.
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2019
|Maximum attempt||There is no attempt limit from this year. Only considered Age limit.|
|Citizenship||Candidates must be Indian. NRIs, PIOs, OCIs and Foreign National are also eligible to apply.|
|Qualification||Candidates must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology and Math, or any elective subject with English from higher secondary examination or ISCE which is recognized and considered equivalent to 10+2 examination.|
|Minimum Marks||General – 50%, OBC/SC/ST – 40%, PWD – 45% (Compulsory for Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology)|
|Appearing Applicants||Candidates who are appearing in class 12th they are also eligible for NEET 2019.|
Aadhaar card is the mandatory to apply for NEET Registration.
Qualification and Qualifying Examination Codes
|Qualification and Qualifying Examination Codes|
|Code 1||Candidates who are appearing in class 12th in 2019, are eligible for NEET 2019. If the candidate does not pass in 12th or fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria at the first round of counselling, will not be eligible for admission.|
|Code 2||Higher/Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher/Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 year study, the last 2 year study consists Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and Mathematics or any other elective subject with English. Candidates must have undertaken 2 years for regular and continuous study of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology subjects. Candidates who have completed 10+2 from NIOS or private Institutes are not eligible for NEET 2019.|
|Code 3||Intermediate/Pre-degree Examination in Science of an Indian University/Board or other recognized examining body with Physics, Chemistry, Biology /Bio-technology and also English as a compulsory subject.|
|Code 4||Pre-professional/Pre-medical Examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology & English after passing either the Higher Secondary Examination or Pre-University or an equivalent examination. The Pre-professional/Pre-medical examination shall include practical test in these subjects and also English as a compulsory subject.|
|Code 5||The first year of the three years’ degree with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology including practical tests with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Bio-technology with English.|
|Code 6||B.Sc candidates of an Indian University should provided that he/she has passed the exam with not less than two of the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany, Zoology)/Bio-technology and further that he/she has passed the earlier qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English|
|Code 7||Other examination apart from the above, which is equivalent to intermediate science examination of an Indian University/Board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology. It also includes practical tests.|
NEET 2019 Age Criteria
- Lower Age Limit: Applicants must have completed 17 years of age at the time of admission or on before 31st December 2019.
- Upper Age Limit: Applicants’ upper age limit should be 25 years as on date of examination.
- Relaxation: SC/ST/OBC applicants shall secure 5 years age relaxation.
|General||Born on or between 7th May 1994 and 1st January 2003|
|SC/ST/OBC||Born on or between 7th May 1989 and 1st January 2003|
- Qualifying Exam: Applicants must have qualified their higher secondary examination or ICSE board which is recognized and equivalent to 10+2 examination.
- Subjects: Applicants must have passed the qualifying examination with subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and Mathematics or any other elective subjects with English.
- Minimum Marks: Applicants must secure at least 50% marks for general category, 40% marks (SC/ST/OBC), 45% marks for general physically handicap and 40% marks (SC/ST/OBC-PH) as aggregate score in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Appearing Applicants: Applicants who are in 12th standard are also eligible to apply but they must possess the passing certificates complying with the percentage criteria in the first round of counselling.
Note: Marks obtained in Mathematics in 12th standard will not be considered for admission to MBBS/BDS courses.
Minimum Marks Required for Physics, Chemistry, Biology in Class 12th.
|Category||Minimum Marks Required|
Check here for NEET Reservation Criteria
NEET Eligibility Criteria for 15% All India Quota Seats.
For J & K, Andhra Pradesh & Telangana States
- Applicants who belong to Jammu and Kashmir, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana are granted with 15% All India Quota seats only for admission to the AFMC, Pune-based on self-declaration.
- They can get admission in Private/ Deemed Universities or Medical/Dental Colleges. They are also eligible for taking admission on Armed forces Medical Colleges(AFMC) Pune.
Eligibility for 85% State Quota Seats
85% seats are reserved for State candidates. It is conducted by the state counselling. Candidates must contact the authority to know the respective dates and events. Merit list will be released on the basis of State based Candidates All India rank. The eligibility for the 85% state quota seats are listed below:
- Applicants must have completed 10th and 12th standard from the state
- Applicants must possess a valid state domicile
- Applicants should possess a valid proof of state residency
Eligibility for Seats in Participating Bodies
Some Colleges like Armed Force Medical College(AFMC) Pune, Banaras Hindu University (BHU) Uttar Pradesh, Jamia Hamdard University, Delhi are also participating in NEET 2019 and also considered while taking the admission.
The Overseas Citizen of India may also appear for NEET 2019, subject to the rules of Indian Government. Applicant’s upper and lower age limit shall be considered as per the rules of states/ universities/ institutions for those who would be seeking admission under the control of affiliated Institutions/ Universities/ States.