CBSE has announced the important details regarding the NEET Dress Code for all those male and female candidates who are going to appear for NEET examination. Students are advised to strictly read all the instructions set by the board authority before appearing in the exam.
NEET Application process has been started. Click here to apply for NEET 2018.
The examination conducting authority has strictly decided a dress pattern for NEET 2018. It will be held on May 6, 2018. Dress code for both the Male and Female candidates is different. So, it is important for the candidates to know the NEET exam rules regarding NEET dress code that is followed by the students on the exam day.
Click here How to Apply for NEET 2018?
The NEET guidelines suggest the separate dress code for male and female as per the notice issued by the Directive of Honourable Supreme Court under CBSE. If the student’s wearing the customary dress, then they need to report at the allotted examination centre till by 8:30 AM on the day of examination.
NEET Dress Code for the Male and Female are as follows:
- Wear light colour clothes like Jeans, Pant, Shirt (half sleeves only). The button of the shirt should be medium size not big enough.
- Applicants can wear only sleepers and sandals. They have no permitted to wear Shoes.
- Light clothes with half sleeves not having big buttons, brooch/ badge, flower etc. with Salwar/ Trouser.
- They can wear slippers and sandals with low heels only.
- Shoes for female candidates are also not allowed.
Click here to Download NEET Information Bulletin.
What are Allowed/ Not Allowed in the Exam Hall?
Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has announced the guidelines for exam candidates. Following table shows the items which are allowed or not allowed in the exam centre.
|Slippers and Sandals only||Shoes|
|Half T-Shirt, Shirt||Full Sleeves Shirt or T-Shirts|
|Doctor Prescribed lens specs only||Sun Glasses|
|Lowers||Rings/ Chain/ Necklace etc. (any type of jewellery or ornaments)|
|Jeans||Hair Clips/ Big Rubber Bands etc.|
|Salwar||Big buttons, brooch/badge T-Shirts|
|Kurti/Top (Half-Sleeves)||Saree (Married or Unmarried)|
|Tiny Rubber Band||Bangles not allowed (only married can wear)|
|Mangal Sutra||Burka, Cap, Kurta Pajama|
Barred Items for NEET
There will be no arrangements made at the centre for keeping any items that belong to the candidates. Following is the list of some barred items that are not allowed in the examination hall:
- Any stationery thing like literary material (printed or composed), bits of papers, Geometry/Pencil Box, Plastic Pouch, Calculator, Pen, Scale, Writing Pad, Pen Drives, Eraser, Calculator, Log Table, Electronic Pen/Scanner and so on.
- Any devices used for communication such as mobile phones, Bluetooth, earphone, microphone, pager, health band etc.
- Items like wallet, googles, handbags, Belt, Cap etc.
- All ornaments like Ring, Earrings, Nose-pin, Chain/Necklace, Pendants, Badge and Brooch etc
- Any metallic item.
- Any watch/ wristwatch, bracelet, Camera etc.
- Any other item that can be used for unfair means
- Any eatable item either opened or packed, water bottle etc.
In the case, if applicants found with any of the barred items inside the centre then an action will be taken against the student in accordance with the relevant provisions.
List of items allowed in the examination hall
CBSE has released the list of following items that are allowed and must be carried in the examination hall on the exam day:
- One passport size photograph affix on Performa
- Size of the photograph should be 4 X 6 with white background
- Name of the candidate along with the date should be mentioned in the photo.
- Applicants should carry NEET Admit card with passport size photograph affixed.
- Original photo identity card like Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Driving License etc
NEET Exam Day Instructions
Following is the list of important instructions that students must go through before appearing in the exam:
- Students must reach the examination centre an hour ago before the commencement of the paper. Students are not allowed to enter in the examination centre after 9:30 am.
- Without admit card, students are not allowed to sit in the exam.
- Applicants must not carry any of the barred items to the exam hall.
- Students must ensure that they have signed on the attendance sheet
- Candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination hall after 9: 30 am as per the exam rules
- Applicants must occupy their allotted seats only. If they found appearing in a seat other than the allotted one then their candidature will be cancelled.
- Students are not allowed to leave the exam hall for before the exam time over.
- If students create any misbehaviour at the examination centre then their candidature can be cancelled as per the rules.