In only a few months from now the NEET 2018 exam going to take place. This exam is the deciding moment for students who aspire to make their career in the field of medicine. NEET consists of Biology, Physics and Chemistry questions and syllabus is from class 11th and 12th. For most of the NEET aspirants Chemistry becomes a tough nut to crack. For better preparation you must follow NEET chemistry preparation tips
Having a command over this subject is equally important in order to clear the sectional cutoff. Even though the syllabus for Chemistry is also from 11th and 12th, but the topics take a bit more time to register if compared to physics and biology. If prepared well, Chemistry can fetch you very good marks. In order to give adequate time and effort for chemistry preparations, students should make a study plan. NEET Chemistry carries 180 Marks weightage with 45 questions in this section. Chemistry syllabus is divided into three parts- Physical, Organic and Inorganic and each of the part should be prepared differently. For a better understanding few NEET chemistry preparation tips are given below which help to have a strong hold on the subject.
Section-Wise Weightage for NEET Chemistry based on previous years papers:
|Section||% Weight Age|
Topic-Wise Weight Age for NEET Chemistry based on previous years papers:
|Most Important Topics||Important Topics||Topics which can be studied at the end|
|Aldehydes, Ketones And Carboxylic Acids||Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers||Chemistry In Everyday Life|
|Biomolecules||Classification Of Elements And Periodicity In Properties||Electrochemistry|
|Chemical Bonding And Molecular Structure||d And f Block Elements||Environmental Chemistry|
|Chemical Kinetics||Hydrocarbons||General Principles And Processes Of Isolation Of Elements|
|Coordination Compounds||Polymers||Haloalkanes And Haloarenes|
|Equilibrium||s-Block Elements (Alkali And Alkaline Earth Metals)||Hydrogen|
|Organic Chemistry – Some Basic Principles And
|Solid State||Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen|
|p-block Elements||Solutions||States Of Matter: Gases And Liquids|
|Redox Reactions||Some Basic Concepts Of Chemistry||Surface Chemistry|
|Thermodynamics||Structure Of Atom||–|
Important Tips for NEET Chemistry:
- Be familiar with the syllabus of the examination. NEET syllabus is as immense as an ocean, and one needs to know the thorough location to fish the best outcome. Eliminate all irrelevant information and emphasis on important topics. It is known NEET exam covers NCERT syllabus as well, you should match the syllabus with Board exam syllabus. Common chapters are beneficial for students as they will not have to prepare them separately.
- Design a Sound Preparation Strategy. One must prepare a weekly study plan. Make sure to assign a fixed number of chapters from each part of the Chemistry syllabus i.e. organic, inorganic etc. to each week and try to complete the topics as per the schedule.
- Practice from any other standard book along with Internet. Along with the NCERT Chemistry books of 11th and 12th, students should study from any standard book for practice. Additionally, they should search for information on the internet.
- Prepare Inorganic Chemistry from NCERT Book itself. As it is fact based only and does not contain many concepts. Students can use their learning up ability to score in this section.
- For Physical Chemistry, it is mandatory to study theoretical concepts as well as numerical problems from NCERT book.
- Organic Chemistry is mostly based on Concepts and therefore one needs to clear his/her concepts by referring different books before solving questions.
- In Organic Chemistry, do a detailed learning of reactions by pen down again and again.
- Run-through questions on “Conversions” every day.
- Learn all the formulas by heart- Make sure not to skip anything. With regular revision, formulas should soon be at the top of once head.
- Do not forget to prepare REDOX reactions from Unit 8 of NCERT. One can remember most reactions based on REDOX.
- Studying the types of reaction is also very important. Always remember how to classify by the rate determining step.
- Solve previous year question paper of AIPMT or NEET to get a fair idea about questions asked in Chemistry.
- After finishing a chapter, solve at least 50 objective questions to clear your idea.
- Health is everything, take control of your eating and sleeping routine while preparing. All th tips above will have no meaning if you are not physically fit to give the exam.
- Be positive about the preparation. Do not get worked about the sections Chemistry where you are weak. By repeated revisions one can have a strong hold. But if you start to feel negative about your weak topics then it may turn out in the motivating your own self before a crucial exam.
Recommended Books For NEET Chemistry:
- Modern’s ABC of Chemistry for class 11th and 12th (Volume I and II) for NEET 2018
- New Pattern Chemistry (IIT JEE) (English) 6th Edition by R.K Gupta
- Physical Chemistry by O.P. Tandon
- Organic Chemistry by Morrison and Boyd for Organic Chemistry
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J. D. Lee for Inorganic Chemistry
- NCERT Chemistry for Class 11 & 12
There must be a lot of pressure on students when NEET exam is coming close as it has their passions and careers at stake. Students who will be able to have efficient management time and proper distribution of time among all the subjects will certainly do well. With so much competition all around preparing for NEET is not easy. Class 12 students who are having to study both for the board exams and NEET together, it is an enormous challenge for them. There are 24 hours in a day and it is not possible to study all the time during the day and a minimum of 6-7 hours of sleep is needed daily to keep the mind fresh and active to intake more data and process more information in a faster and wiser way. Hence by following the tips given above. The students can balance their preparation and be on right track.