CBSE has released NEET 2018 Official Answer Key on 25th May on the official website i.e, cbseneet.nic.in. NEET (National Eligibility Entrance Test) was held successfully on 06th May, 2018 (Sunday). The official answer keys are available to be viewed on the officials site from 25th to 27th May till 5 pm. In the same window candidates can also challenge any response published in the official keys.
The answer key and images of filled-in OMR sheets will give a strong indication of candidates’ scores. Based on number of correct responses and marking scheme of NEET 2018, candidates can make an informed guess about their anticipated score and the possibility of landing in their dream colleges. Earlier, several prominent coaching institutes have published their own version of NEET Answer Key.
Check here NEET 2018 Official Answer Key
The general category cutoff marks for NEET in 2017 was 693-131. Cut off marks for NEET 2018 will be released along with the result. NEET Result is tentatively scheduled for declaration on June 05.
Candidates can view the answer keys, images of their OMR sheets and machine recorded responses by using their registration number and password at cbseneet.nic.in. The facility to challenge any key or machine recorded response will be also provided for a stipulated time period.
The challenge has to be submitted online along with an additional fee of INR 1000/- per key. The article provides complete details to on how to view/check answer key, calculate score on the basis of those keys and file a challenge against any key.
People Also Read About
NEET 2018 Official Answer Key Notice
CBSE released the official notice for NEET Answer Key on 24th May at cbseneet.nic.in. Candidates can view and download the notice from frame below.
How to Check NEET Answer Key?
NEET Answer Key will be available at the official website only. Applicants can follow the procedure stated below to download their answer key:
- Visit the official website @cbseneet.nic.in
- Click on the ‘Online Challenges’ link at the home page.
- Enter the registration number and password.
- The answer key will be displayed on the screen along with candidate’s marked answers.
- Download the answer and verify the answers.
Click here for NEET Result
Score Calculation with Answer Key
- Before calculating their expected scores candidates must know the marking scheme followed by the conducting authority for evaluation.
- Candidates will be awarded 4 marks for every correct answer while 1 mark will be deducted for an incorrect response.
- No marks will be deducted if the candidate doesn’t mark any option.
Latest Application Form Available 2018
- Apply for top International Institutions. Click Here
NEET Total Score= (Total number of correct answers X 4) – (Total number of Incorrect answers X 1)
Procedure to Challenge NEET Answer Key
- In case, candidates find any discrepancy in the answer key, they can raise the challenge online.
- For every challenge against any key, they need to pay INR 1000 online.
- The challenges will be referred to the respective committee for review and authentication.
- Without payment, challenges will not be reviewed by the board.
- The fee will be refunded only if the challenge is genuine and is accepted by the board.
Steps to Challenge NEET Answer Key:
- Visit the official website.
- Select the ‘Online Challenge’ link.
- Enter registration number and password.
- Click on Key challenge tab.
- Select the answer and mention the justification for the correct answer.
- Pay the prescribed fee through Debit/ Credit card.
- Take the print of the confirmation slip for future reference.
Note: Candidates can follow the same steps to view or challenge their recorded OMR sheets as well as booklet code no. in case they find any discrepancy in any of them. Similar to challenging answer key, candidates also need to remit INR 1000/- per response while submitting challenge either for OMR sheet or booklet code no.
NEET 2018 Answer Key by Coaching Institutes
Before the release of official answer key, candidates can make use of NEET Answer Key released by all the leading coaching institutes. This key is unofficial and is prepared by the teaching faculty of these institutes. Download the key from the table provided below.
Download NEET 2018 Question Papers
|Paper Code||Question Paper|
|Code AA||Click Here to Download|
|Code BB||Click Here to Download|
|Code CC||Click Here to Download|
|Code DD||Click Here to Download|
|Code EE||Click Here to Download|
|Code FF||Click Here to Download|
|Code GG||Click Here to Download|
|Code HH||Click Here to Download|
|Code KK||Click Here to Download|
|Code LL||Click Here to Download|
|Code MM||Click Here to Download|
|Code NN||Click Here to Download|
|Code PP||Click Here to Download|
|Code QQ||Click Here to Download|
|Code RR||Click Here to Download|
|Code SS||Click Here to Download|
|Code WW||Click Here to Download|
|Code XX||Click Here to Download|
|Code YY||Click Here to Download|
|Code ZZ||Click Here to Download|
NEET 2018 Expected Cut Off
NEET 2018 Cut off will be the minimum score candidates must obtain in order to be eligible for further admissions process. The cut off scores will be released by CBSE. It will be announced in terms of percentile. Below table shows the expected NEET 2018 Cut off:
|Category||Cut Off Percentile|
|Others/ General||50th Percentile|
|UR & PH||45th Percentile|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile|
NEET Previous Year Cut Off
Candidates must take a look at the previous year NEET Cut Off so as to have an idea of the minimum qualifying marks.
NEET 2017 Cut Off
|Category||Cut Off Percentile||Marks Range|
|Others/ General||50th Percentile||697-131|
|UR & PH||45th Percentile||130-118|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||130-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||130-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||130-107|
NEET 2016 Cut Off
|Category||Cut Off Percentile||Marks Range|
|Others/ General||50th Percentile||685-145|
|UR & PH||45th Percentile||474-131|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||510-118|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||415-118|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||339-118|
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans: For each correct answer, four marks will be awarded while one mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Ans: The images of OMR Sheet and Responses captured by the machine will be displayed on the official website. For exact date of hosting, candidates may remain in touch with a website.
- Candidates will be given an opportunity to submit representation against the OMR grading on payment of Rs.1000/- per response challenged.
- Rs.1000/- per response will be refunded to the candidate if his/her challenge is accepted by the Board.