National Eligibility cum Entrance Test 2019 will be organized by the National Testing Agency(NTA). From the year 2019, NEET will be conducted twice a year in an online mode. Candidates can appear for NEET 2019 twice a year and the best score will be considered for admission.
NEET is the only national-level medical entrance exam to be conducted by NTA from the year 2019, earlier CBSE conducted NEET. NEET is organized to select candidates for admission in MBBS, BDS & AYUSH courses offered by all Indian Medical Colleges.
- NEET 2019 will be conducted twice.
- The application process for NEET 2019 February session will start on October 1, 2018, and will end on October 31, 2018. For the May session, the application process will start in the second week of March 2019.
- NEET 2019 will be conducted from February 03 to 17, 2019 for February session and between May 12 and May 26, 2019.
- There will be no limit in the number of attempts, candidates can appear for both the test and the best score will be considered for the admission.
- Both examinations will be held in 8 different settings each and candidates will have a choice to pick one in each.
- NEET 2019 Results will be declared in the first week of March and June respectively for February and May session.
- The counselling and seat allocation process for NEET 2019 will begin in the last week of June 2019.
- NEET 2019 question paper will consist of 180 questions of the objective type and the total time limit is 180 minutes.
- Candidates will be awarded four marks for each correct answer. 1 mark will be deducted for wrong or unanswered questions.
NEET 2019 Highlights
|Name of Exam||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test|
|Date of Exam||February and May|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency|
|Official Website||to be updated|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Medium of Exam||Hindi, English, Gujarati, Marathi, Oriya, Bengali, Assamese, Telugu, Tamil, Urdu and Kananda|
|Duration of Exam||180 minutes|
|Course Offered||MBBS, BDS, and AYUSH courses|
NEET 2019 Exam Dates
From this year onwards, NTE will conduct NEET twice in the month of February 2019 and May 2019. The entrance examination will be conducted from February 03 to 17, 2019 for February session and between May 12 and May 26, 2019, for May session in 8 different settings. Dates to fill NEET 2019 Application Form will be in the month of October 2018 and March 2019 and hall ticket will be made available tentatively two weeks before the examination starts. The results will be announced in the first week of March and June respectively.
Given below is the schedule for NEET 2019:
|February 2019 (NTA NEET Phase-I) 2019||Online Form/Registration||October 1, 2018, to October 31, 2018|
|Admit Card||Third week of Jan 2019|
|Exam dates||February 3 to 17, 2019|
|Result Declaration||First week of March 2019|
|May 2019 (NTA NEET Phase-II) 2019||Online Form/Registration||Second week of March|
|Admit Card||Last week of April 2019|
|Exam dates||May 12 to 26, 2019|
|Result Declaration||First week of June 2019|
NEET 2019 Eligibility
All candidates must ensure that they will satisfy the eligibility criteria set by the National Testing Agency before applying for NEET 2019. After clearing the eligibility criteria applicant can fill the application form. As per the information, the eligibility criteria for NEET is expected to remain same:
Here is NEET 2019 Eligibility Criteria in detail:
Minimum Age Limit – 17 years of age by December 31, 2019.
Maximum Age Limit – for general category candidates is 25 years and for reserved categories, it is 30 years.
- Indian Nationals
- Non-Resident Indians (NRIs)
- Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs)
- Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs)
- Foreign Nationals.
- Candidates must have passed class XII or appearing for the class XII exam are eligible.
- Candidates applying must have Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology as mandatory subjects in class XII.
- Candidates must also satisfy the minimum percentile required for each category in Class XII, i.e.
NEET 2019 Application Process
The application process for Phase-I NEET 2019 will start on October 1, 2018, and the last to fill the form will be October 31, 2018. The application process can be completed in the online mode only. The application process for Phase II of NEET 2019 will begin in the second week of March 2019. Candidates must have a working mobile number and an email ID.
NTE has not yet released any statements regarding where and how to apply for NEET 2019, however, as per report it is expected to have 4 steps. The procedure for NEET 2019 Online Application Form is as follows:
Step 1: Registration
Candidates will have to fill in their basic and personal information to complete the online registration part.
- Enter the registration details i.e. Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number and email address
- After successful registration, a unique user ID and password will be sent via SMS.
Step 2: Fill the Application Form
Candidates will have to log in using their credentials to fill NEET 2019 application form.
- Read all instructions to fill the online application form.
- Fill the application form with your Personal Details like Address, Nationality, Academic qualifications, category, etc.
- Candidates will also have to select the choice of examination center and the date they wish to take the test on.
- Candidates will also have to choose the language they want to take the test.
- The candidate will be required to upload his/her recent colour photograph and Signature in jpeg format.
|Photograph||10 – 100kb||JPG||Photo must have candidate’s name & Date when the photo was taken|
|Signature||3 – 20 kb||JPG||Sign must be done with a blue or black pen on white background|
Step 3: Payment of the Application Fee
- After filling the application form, candidates have to pay the application fee through UPI App/Debit card/Credit Card/Net Banking/E-wallet.
- The application fee of NEET 2019 is expected to be INR 1400 for General & OBC candidates and INR 750 for SC/ST/PH candidates.
- After the fee has been submitted and the acknowledgement received, candidates can submit the application form. Fee once paid cannot be refunded.
Step 4: Submission
- Review the details in the entire form, make changes, if necessary and Click on Submit button.
- The application number will be generated after successful submission of NEET 2019 Application Form, candidates should note the number.
- Candidates are advised to take a print out of the application form for future use.
NEET 2019 Application fee is expected to be:
- For SC/ST candidates: INR 750
- For Other Candidates: INR 1400
NEET 2019 Hall Ticket
NEET 2019 Hall Ticket for both phases will be available online. Hall ticket will be made available for all the eligible candidates on the official website at least two weeks before the examination commences. A PDF copy of the hall ticket will be sent to the candidate’s registered email ID when he/she will download their hall ticket.
Candidates without the hall ticket will not be allowed to appear for the exam. In case of any discrepancy found in the hall ticket, candidates should contact the officials immediately.
NEET 2019 Exam Pattern
From 2019, NEET is going to be conducted in online mode only. The question paper will have objective type questions. There will be 180 questions divided into four sections. The duration of the examination will be 180 minutes. For each correct answer four marks will be awarded and for each incorrect answer, one mark will be deducted from the candidates’ score.
The question paper will be asked in Hindi, English, Gujarati, Marathi, Oriya, Bengali, Assamese, Telugu, Tamil, Urdu and Kananda languages.
Complete details about NEET 2019 exam pattern is mentioned below:
|Section||No. of Question||Marks|
NEET 2019 Syllabus
MCI (Medical Council of India) will decide the common syllabus for NEET UG exam. NEET 2019 Syllabus will contain physics, chemistry and biology subjects. Candidates can check the detailed syllabus from below:
- Physical world and measurement
- Laws of Motion
- The motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
- Properties of Bulk Matter
- The behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Electronic Devices, etc.
- Basic Concepts of Chemistry
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
- p-Block Elements
- Solid State
- Surface Chemistry
- p-Block Elements
- Coordination Compounds
- Phenols and Ethers
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen, etc.
- Diversity in Living World
- Cell Structure and Function
- Human Physiology
- Structural Organization in Animals and Plants
- Plant Physiology
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Ecology and Environment
- Genetics and Evolution
- Biotechnology and Its Applications, etc.
NEET 2019 Results
NTE shall release NEET Result via online mode through the website. NEET 2019 Results Phase-I will be announced in the first week of March 2019 while results for Phase-II will be announced in the first week of June 2019. Candidates will be able to check their results by entering their roll number and other required details in the website.
The steps to check the results of the test are as follows:
- To check NEET result 2019, candidates have to go to the official website.
- Click on the link “NEET 2019 Results”
- Candidates will have to provide their NEET 2019 roll number and password
- After entering all the details, candidates will be redirected their NEET 2019 Scorecard
- Candidates are advised to check all particulars mentioned in NEET 2019 result and take a print out of it
- The result of NEET 2019 will be valid for one year only, i.e. academic session (2019-20)
NEET 2019 Merit List
NEET 2019 Merit list under All India Quota seats will be prepared by the NTE on the basis of score obtained in NEET 2019. The best of the two test will be taken into consideration while preparing the merit list. NEET Merit list will have as many students as there are seats available for allotment of MBBS/BDS/AYUSH courses under All India Quota.
In the case of two or more candidates obtaining the same marks in NEET 2019, the merit of such candidates will be determined in order of preference as follows:
- Candidate obtaining higher marks in Biology in NEET 2019
- Candidate obtaining higher marks in Chemistry in NEET 2019
- Candidate with less number of attempted wrong answers in all subjects of NEET 2018
- Candidate older in age will be preferred
NEET 2019 Cut Off
Based on NEET Cut off, the exam conducting authority will declare the NEET result for candidates as qualified or not qualified. The top 15% in the merit list, based on the cut off will be directly elected to participate in NEET counselling process under All India Quota seats. On the basis NEET Cut off, NEET rank range for participation in All India Quota counselling will be declared separately.
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes/ Other backward classes||40th percentile|
|Physically handicapped||45th percentile|
There will be no change in the counselling process of NEET. After the declaration of the NTA 2019 Result and Cut off, the qualified candidates will have to participate in NEET 2019 Counselling in order to get admissions in different medical and dental institutions.
NEET Counselling is expected to be divided into two phases: All India Quota and State Level Quota. The All India Quota Counselling is carried out by MCC (Medical Counselling Committee) while State Counselling will be conducted by the respective state exam authority.
NEET 2019 counselling will be commenced from the second week of June 2019. Candidates will have to register for counselling and fill their preferences for admission. Seats will be allotted to eligible candidates as per their position in the merit list, category and availability of seats in colleges.