JIPMER 2018 Exam Pattern incorporates the aggregate no. of questions, exam pattern, marking scheme, the language of the paper, etc. Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) is the sorting out expert of JIPMER MBBS selection or entrance test. JIPMER is a national level selection test which is directed once in every year. Applicants can get admission in JIPMER, Puducherry and JIPMER, Karaikal campuses through this examination. In this article, we have given the information identified with JIPMER Exam Pattern 2018.
Before appearing in any selection test it is important to know the exam pattern of the specific exam. With the assistance of marking scheme, competitors can gauge that in which subject they can score more scores. The complete exam pattern is mentioned below.
Highlights for JIPMER 2018 Exam Pattern
The mentioned table shows an overview of required information about JIPMER 2018 exam pattern:
|Number of parts||5 (Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Logic and Quantitative Reasoning, English and Comprehension)|
|Number of Questions||200|
|Question Paper Type||Objective Type (MCQs)|
|Exam duration||2 and a half hours|
|Exam language||English and Hindi|
JIPMER 2018 Exam Pattern in Detail
- JIPMER MBBS 2018 will be directed in online mode.
- It will be a Computer Based Test (CBT).
- JIPMER MBBS 2018 will be a 2 hours and 30 minutes duration test.
- Contingent upon the number of candidates, logistics as well as the final directions of the Madras High Court, the JIPMER entrance test may be directed in one morning shift or two shifts, ie. Morning and afternoon, from 10:00 A.M. to 12:30 P.M. for the morning shift and from 3:00 P.M. to 5:30 P.M. for the afternoon shift.
- Competitors of JIPMER MBBS 2018 will be allotted only the one morning shift or might be randomly organized in these two shifts.
- JIPMER MBBS 2018 exam will be supervised in English language only. The question paper of JIPMER MBBS 2018 will not be offered in any language other than English.
- JIPMER MBBS 2018 will consist of multiple-choice questions. Each question will have four options, amongst which single best response will have to be selected by the applicant.
- JIPMER MBBS 2018 will consist of 200 questions altogether with questions asked from English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Quants, and Reasoning.
- According to the exam pattern of JIPMER 2018, an applicant will be allotted 4 marks for each correct answer, while for the first time; one mark will be minus for wrong answers.
- No marks will be deducted for questions marked for review or left.
The question paper of JIPMER MBBS 2018 will comprise of 200 questions, with the total of 60 numbers of questions each asked from Physics, Chemistry as well as Biology, while 10 questions each will be asked from English Comprehension as well as Logic & Quantitative Reasoning.
Latest News Updates
Click here to get information about exam dates
JIPMER MBBS Exam Pattern 2018- Subject-wise Distribution of Questions
|English Language and Comprehension||10|
|Logical & Quantitative Reasoning||10|
Applicants can check below-mentioned details of some necessary features of the exam pattern of JIPMER MBBS 2018.
JIPMER MBBS 2018 Syllabus
According to the JIPMER syllabus which endorses that it doesn’t give any kind of another syllabus for the entrance test, the syllabus will be contained 10+2 board subject which is physics, chemistry, and biology. Here we are specifying you complete information on numerous subjects including topics.
|Physics||Chemistry||Biology||English||Logic and Quantitative Reasoning|
|Electrostatics||Solid State||Diversity of Living Organisms||Section A: Reading Unseen Passages and Note-making||Analogy test|
|Magnetic Effect of Current & Magnetism||Solutions||Cell Structure and Function||Section B: Writing Skills||Logical Deduction|
|Current Electricity||Electro-Chemistry||Human Physiology||Section C: Literature and Long Reading Text||Figure formation and analysis|
|Electronic Devices||Surface Chemistry||Biology and Human Welfare||Figure matrix, etc.|
|Optics||Haloalkanes and Haloarenes||Genetics and Evolution||Analogy test|
|Electromagnetic Waves||Alcohols, Phenols, and Ethers||Plant Physiology|
|Dual Nature of Matter||Chemical Kinetics||Ecology and Environment|
|Atoms & Nuclei||Coordination Compounds||Structural Organization in Animals and Plants|
|Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Current||Aldehyde, Ketone, and Carboxylic Acids||Biotechnology|
|Communication Systems||Isolation of Elements|
|d- and f-Block Elements|
|Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen|
|Chemistry in Everyday Life|
Qualifying Marks of JIPMER MBBS 2018
- Competitors should score marks comparable to specific percentiles to qualify JIPMER MBBS 2018 exam and proceed further in MBBS admission process.
- The base required percentile is distinctive for various categories.
Competitors can check category-wise minimum required percentile from the table mentioned below.
JIPMER MBBS 2018 – Minimum Qualifying Percentile
|Category||Minimum Required Percentile|
|General or OCI or NRI||50th Percentile|
|OBC or SC or ST||40th Percentile|
- The Result of JIPMER MBBS 2018 will be reported on June 9, 2018.
- This year JIPMER Pondicherry will take admission on 200 MBBS seats, partitioned into 150 seats in JIPMER Pondicherry and 50 seats in JIPMER Karaikal campus.
JIPMER 2018 Reference Books
The accompanying reference books will help the applicants in getting ready for JIPMER 2018 entrance exam for MBBS. These books will enable competitors to get a thought on the distinctive kinds and classification of questions that can be conventional in the exam.
|Target JIPMER||Arun Kumar D||9351291324|
|JIPMER Pondicherry Medical Entrance Exam||RPH Editorial Board||8178121549|
|JIPMER: 6 Years Chapter-wise Explorer||MTG Editorial Board||9385244825|
|Target AIIMS & JIPMER||Madhan Jeyaraman||9351294099|
Important Instructions for JIPMER exam pattern
- The exam would be directed in English language only.
- The question paper would consist of 200 multiple choice questions.
- The exam would be organized in Computer Based Test mode.
- There will be no negative marking in the examination.
- One mark would be granted to every right response.
- The exam will be organized in two sessions- Morning Session and Afternoon Session.
- Competitors must be cautious while taking note of exam timings, scene, and session.
- Applicants should report to the examination center at least 45 minutes before to the commencement of the entrance test.
- Applicants should carry a printout of the admit card and a valid photo identity proof constantly during the exam.