JIPMER 2018 Eligibility criteria must be carefully checked by the students before appearing in the examination. Students must qualify their 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology subjects from a recognized board. Indian, NRI and OCI candidates can apply for the exam. Student’s age must be 17 years in the admission year. There is no age relaxation provided for reserved category students. All the students whose eligibility criterion matches can fill the application form which will be available from March 7, 2018. The examination conducting authority is responsible for releasing the JIPMER 2018 Application form through online mode only.
Except for the online mode, there is no other mode to fill the JIPMER Application form. For obtaining the application form, students have to pay the application fees of amount INR 1500/- and INR 1200/- must be submitted by SC/ ST and P-SC/ ST candidates. Students can take the printout of application form for future reference.
The following table shows all the exam dates related to the various events:
|Availability of Application Form||March 7, 2018|
|Last date for submission of application form||April 13, 2018 (5:00 PM)|
|Admit card will be issued on||May 21, 2018, to June 3, 2018|
|JIPMER Exam Date||June 3, 2018|
|Declaration of Result||On or before June 20, 2018|
|Date of 1st counselling||June 27, 2018, to June 29, 2018|
|2nd Counselling||July 25, 2018|
|Date of 3rd counselling||August 20, 2018|
|Date of Final Counselling||September 28, 2018|
|Admission closing Date||September 30, 2018|
Click here to get know more about exam dates
Eligibility as per Nationality
Eligibility criteria as per the Nationality are explained as below:
- The Student must be an Indian National
Overseas Citizens of India (OCI)
- All the OCI registered students are eligible to appear for the test
- These students have to submit the proof of their registration as OCI under section 7A of citizenship Act 1955 on the day of counselling
- These candidates will be considered as unreserved category students
- All the foreign national candidates have to take permission from the Medical Council of India before applying for the course in the institution
- It is mandatory for the students to submit the advance copy of the application and request to MCI at JIPMER, Puducherry before the last date of receipt of applications.
Eligibility as per Age Limit
- At the time of admission, student’s age must be 17 years.
- Students must be born on or before January 1, 2002. There is no upper age limit
- For all the reserved category candidates there is no relaxation provided in age limit criteria
Eligibility as per Academics/ Education
- Qualifying Exam: Students must pass 10+2/ Higher School/ Indian School Certificate or equivalent examination from recognized board/ university
- Subjects: They must have studied Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology as the main subjects. It is also mandatory to study English subjects with one elective subject
- Minimum Marks Obtained: General category students must qualify the exam with the minimum 60% marks whereas, 50% marks must be scored by OBC/ SC/ ST/ OPH category students. On the other hand, GEN-OPH students must obtain 50% marks in PCB stream.
- Eligibility Certificate: Students who have passed the qualifying exam other than the above-mentioned subjects must produce the eligibility certificate
- For OCI/ NRI candidates, eligibility certificate must be issued by the Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi.
- Appearing in the Exam: Students who have appeared or appearing in the qualifying exam in March/ April 2018 and those who are waiting for their result can also apply for admission
Number of Attempts
- If students are eligible for the exam, then there is no attempt limit to appear for this entrance exam.
- If applicants are unable to clear the exam in the first attempt, then they can appear for the test until they succeed.
Reservation Criteria (if Applicable)
The reservation criteria and category-wise availability of seats at JIPMER Puducherry and Karaikal are explained below in detail. The following list shows the names of various reserved categories:
- General/ Unreserved
- Other Backward Classes
- Scheduled Caste
- Schedules Tribe
- Puducherry UR (P-UR)
- NRI/ OCI
For obtaining the seats under the reserved categories it is mandatory for students to produce the following documents at the time of document verification:
Required Documents JIPMER 2018 Admit card signed by the InvigilatorJIPMER 2018 Rank LetterBirth certificate or 10th class certificate as a proof of date of birth class 12 or equivalent examination pass certificate class 12 or equivalent examination statement of marksCharacter certificate from the institute late attendedResidence certificate issued by the Revenue Authority, not below the rank of TahsildarCaste certificate, issued by revenue officer, not below the port of TahsildarTransfer certificate from the head of the institution last attendedResidence certificate/ employer certificate for residents of PuducherryMedical certificate, For PWD candidates six recent passport size colour photographs
The following table shows the category-wise reservation of seats:
|Category||Puducherry Seats||Karaikal Seats||Total|
|Puducherry UR (P-UR)||22||9||31|