The JIPMER 2018 Admit card is scheduled to be released on 21st of may 2018 by the Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) University Puducherry. Candidates can download the admit card from 21st May to 3rd June from the official site of JIPMER Puducherry.
It is compulsory to bring the admit card with yourself at the time of examination as well as during the other admission processes. It serves as a unique identity proof of the candidate throughout the complete admission process.
To download the admit card, the candidate would have to log in to his / her user id and password at the official website of JIPMER Puducherry. It should be noted that the JIPMER University does not send admit cards through email or posts.
If in case you don’t know what JIPMER 2018 is and what is its importance let me put some light on it –
The JIPMER or JIPMER MBBS is a medical stream entrance exam conducted by the Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) University Puducherry. This exam is conducted for admissions to about 200 seats out of which nearly 150 seats are of JIPMER Puducherry and about 50 seats are of JIPMER Karaikal. This exam is scheduled to be conducted on June 03, 2018. And the application forms have been released on 7th March 2018.
How to download JIPMER 2018 Admit Card
The JIPMER MBBS 2018 Admit Card will be available only through the official website of JIPMER Puducherry, and no hall tickets would be sent through post or email. The admit card can be easily downloaded by the following step by step procedure.
- First of all, log in to the official website of JIPMER by clicking on the following link – www.jipmer.edu.in.
(It is advised to open the link in another tab or window, so that you can proceed with the other steps given below).
- Navigate through the webpage to find the button/link “JIPMER MBBS 2018 Admit Card,” once you find the link, click on it.
- After clicking on the link you will be directed to the admit card downloading portal. Here you will have to fill in your user id and password.
- Click on the “submit” button after filling your login details.
- Now your admit card will be displayed on the screen, check whether the information on card is correct or not.
- Click on the ‘download’ button to download your admit card.
- And last, but not least, take the print out of your admit card. (and do not forget to keep it safe till the day of exam)
Details on the JIPMER MBBS 2018 Admit Card
Once you receive your admit card, first of all, you should check that does all your information are mentioned correctly or not. In case of any discrepancy, contact at 0413-2298288, 0413-2912111 or mail your issue at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
For your reference, we are providing a list of important things which are necessarily mentioned on the admit card:
- Date of birth
- Candidate’s Photograph
- Roll Number
- Exam Centre
- Exam Time and date
- If your name is misspelled
- If your cast or category status is not mentioned or is incorrect,
- If a different test city is allocated, which you have not even chosen while filling the application form,
- If a photograph is not visible or if it is not yours,
- If your admit card is not shown on the portal despite of successful registration for JIPMER 2018.
In any of the above cases, you can contact the responsible authorities using the contact numbers or email mentioned above. And yes, don’t forget to mention your name, user id and the mistake in the body of the mail.
Things to carry on a day of the exam
In order to enter the examination hall without any inconvenience, the candidate must have the following documents with him:
- The candidate must carry the JIPMER 2018 admit card with its photocopy also.
- A valid identity proof is required along with a photocopy of the admit card for a verification process.
- A valid identity proof could be either an Adhaar card or passport or the voter ID card. No other document would be considered as a valid identity proof.
- It is advised to carry the original ID proof along with its photocopy, to avoid any kind of inconvenience at the exam center.
- Electronic items such as mobile phones, alarm clocks, watches /digital watches, calculators, earphones, or any other electronic items will not be allowed in the examination hall.
Applying for JIPMER 2018
If you still have not registered for the JIPMER 2018 exam, don’t be disappointed because the last date for filing the application form of JIPMER 2018 is extended to 13th April 2018. However, before applying for the examination, it is advised to check out the following eligibility criteria for the examination.
JIPMER Eligibility Criteria 2018
Before applying to JIPMER 2018 the candidate should check that whether he falls under the following eligibility criteria or not:
- The candidate should be a citizen of India.
- He must have completed 17 years of age at the time of admission.
- The candidate must have completed the 10+2 education or equivalent with biology and English as one of the main subjects with any recognized board of education.
- The candidate must have minimum 60 % aggregate in PCB in 12th class.
- For SC / ST / OBC and handicapped candidates, the minimum aggregate limit is 50%.
How to apply for JIPMER 2018
If you fulfill the eligibility criteria, you can apply for JIPMER 2018 by following these easy steps:
- Go to the official website of JIPMER by clicking on jipmer.puducherry.gov.in
- Navigate through the site to find JIPMER MBBS 2018 Application link section/link
- Click on the JIPMER MBBS 2018 application link
- After clicking on the link the application form will be opened on the screen
- Enter your registration details like Name, D.O.B., email ID, mobile number etc. and click on the “register” button,
- Now you will be asked to upload the scanned images of your photograph and signature
- Now click on the “I agree” button,
- Soon you will receive an ID and password on your registered mobile number and e-mail ID
- Now log in with this new ID and password
- After filling the required details and choosing the payment mode, click on the ‘submit’ button,
- Now you had successfully registered for the JIPMER 2018, but don’t forget to take a print out of the final receipt.
So that was everything a candidate needs to know about the JIPMER 2018 examination. So if you are a biology stream student and haven’t applied for this exam, go and apply soon. And if you had already applied get ready to take your admit cards and continue your preparation. Finally, All the best for your exams.