Jawaharlal Institute Postgraduate Medical Education & Research(JIPMER), Puducherry conducts JIPMER 2018 MBBS entrance examination every year to offer admission to the MBBS programmes in JIPMER Karaikal & Puducherry campuses. It is a university level examination conducted by the Jawaharlal Institute Postgraduate Medical Education & Research(JIPMER), Puducherry, which is an autonomous institution run by Ministry of Health. JIPMER 2018 application process has been released through online mode from March 07, 2018, and the closing date of online registration is April 13, 2018. The examination is scheduled to be held on June 03, 2018, in Online mode at various test centres across India. JIPMER 2018 Results are expected to be out on or before June 20, 2018. The Counselling and Seat Allocation process will begin from June 27, 2018.
JIPMET 2018 question paper will consist of 200 questions of the objective type. Candidates will be awarded one marks for each correct answer. No marks will be deducted for wrong or unanswered questions.
- JIPMER 2018 Examination is conducted for admission to the MBBS programmes in JIPMER Karaikal & Puducherry campuses.
- JIPMER 2018 is scheduled to be held on June 03, 2018, at selected venues across India.
- JIPMER 2018 question paper will consist of 200 questions of the objective type.
- JIPMER 2018 Results will be released on or before June 20, 2018.
- Counselling and Seat Allocation process will begin from June 27, 2018.
JIPMER 2018: Highlights Table
|Date of Exam||June 03, 2018|
|Conducting Body||Jawaharlal Institute Postgraduate Medical Education & Research, Puducherry|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Duration of Exam||150 minutes|
JIPMER 2018: Exam Dates
JIPMER 2018 MBBS Examination is scheduled to be conducted on June 03, 2018. JIPMER 2018 Result is expected to be declared on or before June 20, 2018, through online mode. Applicants can check here the official schedule of JIPMER 2018 entrance exam:
|Application Form Availability||March 07, 2018|
|Last Date of Form Submission||April 13, 2018 (17:00 hrs)|
|Admit Card Issued||May, 21 to June 03, 2018|
|JIPMER Exam Date||June 03, 2018|
|Result Declaration||On or before June 20, 2018|
|1st Counselling||June 27-29, 2018|
|2nd Counselling||July 25, 2018|
|3rd Counselling||August 20, 2018|
|Final Counselling||September 28, 2018|
|The closing of Admission||September 30, 2018|
JIPMER 2018: Eligibility
Before applying for JIPMER 2018 Exam, you must be aware of the eligibility criteria set by the conducting body. It is compulsory for all the candidate to meet the eligibility criteria to apply for JIPMER 2018, failing to meet the eligibility criteria may lead to rejection of the application. Here are the Eligibility Criteria for JIPMER 2018.
- Candidates should be a citizen of India.
- NRI & OCI candidates can also apply.
- Candidates must be 17 years of age in the admission year. For JIPMER 2018, candidates must be of 17 years of age as on January 01, 2018.
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology as subjects are eligible.
- Appearing students are also eligible.
- Candidates must also secure at least 60% marks(GEN), 50% marks (OBC/SC/ST/OPH) & 50% marks(GEN OPH) in PCB subjects.
JIPMER 2018: Application Form
The exam conducting authority has released JIPMER MBBS 2018 Application Form on March 07, 2018, and the last date to apply will be April 13, 2018. The application form can be filled in an online mode only, there is no other mode to fill the JIPMER application.
The procedure for JIPMER 2018 Online Application Form is as follows:
- Visit the official website of JIPMER 2018
- Read all instructions for fill online application form
- Fill the application form with your Personal Details like name, DOB, Address details, contact information, nationality
- Select the examination center.
- Upload scanned images of recent photograph, signature, and caste/OPH certificate (if applicable).
- The photograph & signature dimension should be 30mm width x 45mm height. The minimum size of the photograph & signature should be 10KB and maximum size should be 80KB.
- Before submitting the form, Click on “Preview Application Form” button and carefully verify all the details, no changes will be allowed after the submission of JIPMER Online application
- Now, Click on the “I Agree” button.
- Candidates will get a message/e-mail on his/her registered email ID/mobile number containing “Candidate ID” & “Password”.
- Log in with the “Candidate ID” & “Password” to choose the payment mode & make payment through online mode.
- After fee submission, click on the “submit” button.
- You are advised to download and take a printout of the application form for further references.
JIPMER 2018: Application Fee
- Applicants can submit the application fee through online mode only(Credit Card/Debit Card/Net banking).
- Application Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- General category candidates have to pay 1500 INR(1200 INR for SC/ST & P-SC/ST category candidates).
- The NRI/OCI students have to pay 3000 INR.
- No application fee will be applicable for OPH & P-OPH students.
JIPMER 2018: Admit Card
Admit Card will be issued only to those candidates who have submitted their application forms complete in all respects, on or before the last date and those who have satisfied the eligibility criteria.
Candidates can download their JIPMER 2018 Admit Card through online mode. The admit card will be available from May 21, 2018. Candidates will not receive his/her admit card through post or any other means. JIPMER 2018 Admit card will contain details like name of the candidate, date of birth, venue of exam center, date & time of the exam, photograph, etc.
JIPMER 2018: Exam Pattern
JIPMER 2018 Entrance Exam will be held on June 03, 2018, through online mode. The question paper will be of objective type, with four options. There will a total of 200 questions in JIPMER 2018. The question paper will be asked in the English language. The duration of the paper will be 150 minutes.
Candidates will be awarded one mark for each correct answer. For every incorrect answer and unanswered questions, no marks will be deducted.
|Subjects||No. of Questions|
|Logic and Quantitative Reasoning||10|
|English and Comprehension||10|
JIPMER 2018: Syllabus
The syllabus for JIPMER MBBS 2018 will be based on CBSE & State Board syllabi of 10+2 level. The questions will be cover topics from the subject: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Logic and Quantitative Reasoning, English and Comprehension.
Students are advised to prepare these sections thoroughly. Candidates must practice all topics to get a grip on all the topics.
|Electrostatics||Solid State||Diversity of Living Organisms|
|Magnetic Effect of Current & Magnetism||Solutions||Cell Structure and Function|
|Current Electricity||Electro-Chemistry||Human Physiology|
|Electronic Devices||Surface Chemistry||Biology and Human Welfare|
|Optics||Haloalkanes and Haloarenes||Genetics and Evolution|
|Electromagnetic Waves||Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers||Plant Physiology|
|Dual Nature of Matter||Chemical Kinetics||Ecology and Environment|
|Atoms & Nuclei||Coordination Compounds||Structural Organization in Animals and Plants|
|Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Current||Aldehyde, Ketone and Carboxylic Acids||Biotechnology|
|Communication Systems||Isolation of Elements|
|d- and f-Block Elements|
|Organic Compounds containing Nitrogen|
|Chemistry in Everyday Life|
JIPMER 2018: Result
JIPMER 2018 MBBS Result is scheduled to be released on or before June 20, 2018, in an online mode. Candidates will be able to view their JIPMER result on the official website of JIPMER 2018. After the evaluation of all the answer sheets, Jawaharlal Institute Postgraduate Medical Education & Research, Puducherry will declare the results on its official site.
How to Check JIPMER 2018 Results:
- Visit the official website of JIPMER 2018
- Click on the link for ‘JIPMER 2018 Results’
- Enter the Roll number and Date of Birth
- Check the details on the results
- Download and take a printout of JIPMER 2018 Results
JIPMER 2018: Cutoff
JIPMER Cutoff is the minimum score required to secure admission in the various courses offered by Jawaharlal Institute Postgraduate Medical Education & Research, Puducherry.
JIPMER cut off will depend on a lot of factors such as:
- The number of applicants,
- The number of seats available,
- Previous year cut off marks and the difficulty levels of the entrance test.
Only those students who will score more than the cutoff marks and whose name will be in the merit list will be eligible to take part in the counselling procedure
JIPMER 2018: Merit List
JIPMER 2018 Merit List will be prepared on the basis of the marks secured by candidates in the JIPMER 2018 examination. There will be separate merit list for different categories.
Merit List will be published along with the declaration of the results. The merit list will be in the descending order of total marks scored in the entrance exam. Based on candidates score and rank in the merit list, they will be called in for JIPMER 2018 MBBS Counselling.
JIPMER 2018: Counselling
Only the candidates who will be shortlisted based on JIPMER 2018 entrance examination will be eligible for the counselling process. JIPMER 2018 Counselling will begin from June 27, 2018, at the Jawaharlal Institute Postgraduate Medical Education & Research, Puducherry campus. The counselling will be conducted in four rounds.
The seat will be allotted to candidates in the sequential order based on candidates position in the merit list. Candidates will have to get all the certificates and documents verified at the counselling centre on the stipulated date. Candidates are advised to appear for Counselling procedure himself/herself with all the necessary documents. No other person will be allowed to appear for the counselling and admission on behalf of the candidate.
Documents Required at the time of Counselling
- Class X and XII Mark Sheets
- Class X and XII Passing Certificate
- JIPMER 2018 Admit Card
- Age Proof Certificate
- Category Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Residence Certificate
- Six Passport Size Photograph
The reservation of seats for different categories for the MBBS programme through JIPMER 2018 is given below:
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||28|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||16|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||11|
|NRI/ OCI (Under Self Financing Scheme)||5|