For admission into 9 AIIMS across the country, AIIMS conducts a national level exam for MBBS courses. AIIMS has introduced PAAR (Prospective Applicants Advanced Registration) facility from 2019. Under PAAR, AIIMS 2019 Application form will be available in 2 stages– basic and final registration.
AIIMS MBBS 2019 Basic registration begins from November 15, 2018.
In the basic registration for AIIMS MBBS 2019, candidates can fill their basic details and upload their photograph and signature. This stage is free of cost for all candidates. The fees will be paid at the time of final registration. There is no fee exemption for female candidates or children from reserved categories.
From 2019, Application form will be available only online. After the basic registration dates are over, AIIMS will publish the status if it is accepted or rejected. This will be done between January 3 and 15, 2019.
An MCQ based exam would be conducted in the online mode following the AIIMS 2019 exam pattern guidelines. There are 5 sections in the exam which have to be attempted in the duration of 3.5 hours. It is also important that the student reports to the exam center atleast 2 hours before the exam.
Exam Highlights Table
|Date of exam||May 25, 26, 2019|
|Conducting body||AIIMS, New Delhi|
|Mode of exam||Online|
|Duration of exam||3.5 hours|
|Eligibility||Class 12 CBSE qualified with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects|
|Number of seats||700 plus|
|Minimum cut off percentile/ marks||UR (unreserved)||99.0014978|
Every student has to undergo through the biometric verification process, following which he/she has to write the exam. Along with the printed copy of the AIIMS 2019 admit card, a recent photograph and a photo ID proof has to be brought at the exam center. There are around 170 exam centers in 18 different states.
AIIMS 2019 result will be declared in the online mode for all the qualified candidates. The rank list and scorecard will be generated separately. Students would be invited for counselling on the basis of the rank list. Only top 4000 students would be invited for counselling. A seat once allotted would only be considered finalized if the student deposits the admission fee. Also there is provision to appear for subsequent rounds of counselling while holding the presently allotted seat.
AIIMS Exam Dates
|Basic registration AIIMS 2019||November 15- December 12, 2018|
|Final registration AIIMS 2019||January 4-15, 2019|
|Checking the registration status online||January 3-15, 2019|
|Download the AIIMS 2019 admit card||May 15, 2019|
|Date of entrance exam||May 25 and 26, 2019|
AIIMS 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- You are eligible to apply if you have passed or are appearing in the class 12 board examinations or equivalent from the recognized university
- You must have Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as main subjects in class 12
- In case qualifying examination is written in a foreign country or from a foreign country/ Indian University, then the certificate of equivalence has to be produced
- The certificate must be issued from a concerned Indian University/ Association of Indian University
- The minimum qualifying percentage in class 12 or HSC examination with PCBE is 60% for General and OBC category candidates
- Candidates of reserved category like SC/ST/OPH require only 50% in qualifying examination with PCBE as main subjects
- Candidates who have obtained CGPA score need to apply with the conversion factor in AIIMS MBBS 2019 Application form. The conversion factor must be approved by the respective university.
- Foreign category candidates nominated by GOI (Government of India) must have secured at least 50% marks in the qualifying examination. The main subjects in the examination are PCBE.
- Candidate must have completed 17 years of age as on December 31, 2018.
- Applicants born on or after January 2, 2002 would not be considered eligible.
- Only Indian nationals can apply for the exam.
- OCI, PIO, NRI & Foreign nationals are all eligible to apply for the exam.
- OCI candidates registered under Section 7A of citizenship act 1955 are required to produce proof of registration as OCI under section 7A of citizenship Act 1955.
Photograph, Signature and Thumb Impression Specifications
|Size||50 KB to 100 KB||20 KB to 100 KB||20 KB to 100 KB|
|Dimension||3.5 cm X 4.5 cm||6 cm X 3 cm||4 cm X 3 cm|
|Specification||A clear photograph with face covering 75% of the photograph.
The dimension of the photograph must be 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm and there should not be border in the photograph.
|A signature in running handwriting (preferably fountain pen) must be blue or black pen.
No capital letters in signature.
The signature must be done in a box of 6cm X 3 cm.
|A box of dimension 4 cm X 3 cm drawn on white sheet with left hand thumb impression pressed on it.
Thumb impression must be clearly visible.
AIIMS 2019 Application Form
AIIMS 2019 application form can be filled in the online mode only for admission into 8 AIIMS institutes all over India. Students must submit the application fee along with the application form in the online mode at the time of final registration. AIIMS application form can be filled by following the simple 5-step process:
Step 1: AIIMS Registration 2019
- Visit the official AIIMS 2019 at mbbs.aiimsexams.org
- The page is divided into two columns one is for “new registration” and the other is for already registered users.
- Provide the details of email ID, name, phone number and date of birth to start the registration process.
- Fill in the following details carefully:
- Father’s name
- Date of birth
- ID proof
- Language in which you want question paper
- Whether you have appeared in AIIMS MBBS entrance exam earlier
- AIIMS preference order
- Email ID
- Mobile number
- An email link will be sent to your registered email id to activate candidates account.
Step 2: Uploading the scanned images of the photograph and signature, thumb impression
- Following the specification defined on the AIIMS brochure upload the photograph, signature and thumb impression.
- There are places on which the images have to be uploaded, make sure that the right pictures are uploaded on the right location.
Step 3: Select the examination center
- As soon as the payment is successful, the system will move bring you to the page
- There are more than 75 centers defined in the AIIMS MBBS prospectus that will work as the examination center
- A candidate is allowed to select only 3 exam centers from the drop down list provided
- The real time status of the seats at the selected test center would be displayed
Step 4: Provide the details of academic qualification
- Qualifying exam
- Status of QE
- Exam board name
- Class 12 roll number
- State name
- Scoring scheme
- Marks obtained (you have to fill it only if status of QE is passed. If it is appearing then nothing has to be filled here)
- Permanent address
- Correspondence address
Step 5: Make payment
- An application fee amount has to be paid in the online mode through credit/ debit card.
- Provide the details of the card number and move forward with the application fee payment process.
- A one-time password would be generated and sent to the registered email id.
- The application fee has to be paid according to the category details:
Application fee details according to the category
Step 6: Printing the application form
- It is the most significant step of the application form filling as a printed copy of completely filled application form has to be obtained.
- The copy must be obtained only after hitting the final submit button.
AIIMS Admit Card 2019
AIIMS admit card can be downloaded from the official website using the login credentials. Admit card for AIIMS 2019 will be available on May 15, 2019. The details would be sent over email ID, which must be kept safely.
Things to remember-
- Candidates are not allowed to download more than 1 copy of the admit card
- No candidate can write anything on the admit card
- You must carry your admit card to the exam center on the exam day
- You must keep the admit card safe till the admission process is over
How to download admit card?
- Visit the official AIIMS website mbbs.aiimsexams.org.
- Check for the tab that reads “AIIMS 2019 admit card”.
- Click on the tab and the new webpage will open up and ask for the details of the candidate’s ID, captcha and password.
- Click on “login” button.
- The page will display the details of the admit card.
- Download the AIIMS 2019 admit card and take a printout of the same.
- Best to get the admit card laminated, so that it is not tempered.
AIIMS Exam Centers
AIIMS 2019 exam centers are present in 18 different states. The exam center in each of the states can vary from 3 to 10. Students from all the other states have to report to these exam centers only. Candidates must make sure that they put in the right code for the exam center as any error may result into allotment of exam center at a different location.
Students cannot alter the list of exam centers once they have locked their choices. The exam center would only be allotted once. The details of the exam center would be present in the admit card.
The other details present on the admit card are as follows:
- Candidate’s name
- Candidate’s date of birth
- Father’s name
- Exam center venue address
- State of exam
- Exam center code
- Reporting time
- Duration of exam
- Exam date
- Signature (scanned)
- Thumb impression (scanned)
- Photograph (scanned)
- Exam day instructions
Every student will have to go through a biometric verification process before entering the exam hall. A student has to go to the allotted room and then undergo an attendance through biometric process. After completing the admission formalities at the exam center, the candidate has to take a seat following the directions given by the invigilator at the exam center.
AIIMS Exam Pattern 2019
A single exam would be conducted in the online mode at the allotted exam center. There are only 200 MCQ type questions which have to be answered in the online mode during the exam duration. There are 5 sections in the exam and the number of questions in each section varies according to the sectional weightage. There would be RA (Reasoning Assertion) type of questions in all the subjects. The marks would be allotted following the AIIMS 2018 marking scheme. Every correct answer will be awarded with 1 mark and every incorrect answer will lead to the loss of 1/3 marks.
The questions have to be answered in online mode and paper would be printed in both the hindi and English language. The student would be allotted the system on the basis of the language he/she has opted for at the time of filling the application form.
|Aptitude and Logical reasoning||10|
AIIMS 2019 exam pattern highlights table
|Mode of examination||Online|
|Number of questions||200|
|Duration of exam||3.5 hours|
|Sections in paper||5|
Marking scheme AIIMS 2019:
|Correct answer||1 marks (awarded)|
|Incorrect answer||1/3 marks (deducted)|
|Un-attempted questions / questions under review||No marks deducted or awarded.|
AIIMS 2019 exam would be designed from the class 11 and class 12 syllabuses prescribed in NCERT by CBSE. The books related to Biology, Physics and Chemistry are important and must be studied thoroughly. The questions on GK and Aptitude would be asked on the basis of generic syllabus defined for GK and aptitude.
Important topics for Physic AIIMS 2019 syllabus:
- Physics and Measurements
- Laws of motion
- Work, energy and power
- Rotational motion
- Properties of solids and liquids
- Kinetic theory of gases
- Oscillations and waves
- Current electricity
- Magnetic effects of current and Magnetism
- Electromagnetic induction and alternating current
- Electromagnetic waves
- Dual nature of matter and radiation
- Electronic devices
- Atoms and nuclei
Important topics for chemistry:
- Some basic concepts of chemistry
- States of matter
- Atomic structure
- Chemical bonding and molecular structure
- Chemical thermodynamics
- Redox reactions and electrochemistry
- Chemical kinetics
- Surface chemistry
- Classification of elements and periodicity in properties
- General principles and processes of isolation of metal
- S-block elements
- P-block elements
- D and F block elements
- Co-ordination compounds
- Environmental chemistry
- Purification and characterisation of organic compounds
- Some basic principles of organic chemistry
- Organic compound containing halogens
- Organic compound containing oxygen
- Organic compound containing nitrogen
- Chemistry in everyday life
Important topics Biology AIIMS 2019
- The living world
- Biological classification
- Plant kingdom
- Animal kingdom
- Morphology of flowering plants
- Anatomy of flowering plants
- Study of animal tissue
- Cell and cell division
- Transport in plant
- Mineral nutrition
- Respiration in plants
- Digestion and absorption
- Breathing and exchange of gases
- Body fluids and circulation
- Excretory products and their elimination
- Locomotion and movement
- Neutral control and coordination
- Chemical coordination and integration
- Principle of variation and inheritance
- Molecular basis of inheritance
- Strategies of food enhancement
Preparation books for AIIMS 2019
Biology preparation books
|Name of book||Publisher||ISBN|
|Trueman’s Objective Biology for NEET – Vol. I & II||Trueman’s||818722374X|
|DINESH OBJECTIVE BIOLOGY||Dinesh||8176089443|
|Pradeep’s a Text Book of Biology for Class 11 – Vol. 1 & 2||Pradeep publications||9386008327|
|Objective Botany||Assorted Editorial||B075731DCL|
|GRB Objective Zoology for NEET & other medical entrance exam||Assorted Editorial||B0756YXSPG|
AIIMS best books for Physics
|Concepts of Physics HC Verma||Bharati Bhawan Publishers & Distributors||8177091875|
|Objective Physics by Pramod Aggarwal||G.R. Bathla Publications||9382314555|
|Objective NCERT at Your Fingertips for NEET-JEE – Physics||MTG Learning Media||9386561913|
|Physics Text Book||National Council of Education Research and Training||8174506713|
AIIMS best books for Chemistry
|Modern ABC of Chemistry||Modern Publisher||9351841227|
|Physical Chemistry by O P Tandon||G. R. Bathla Publications||B078L38BGT|
|Arihant Organic Chemistry||Arihant publications||9311126195|
|Dinesh Companion Chemistry||S.Dinesh & Co.||9352111958|
|Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. Lee||Wiley||8126566493|
|Objective NCERT MTG||MTG Learning Media (P) Limited||9386561921|
AIIMS 2019 best books for GK
|General Knowledge 2018||Arihant Publication||9311122521|
|General Knowledge Lucent’s||Lucent Publications||9384761540|
|Quick General Knowledge 2018 with Current Affairs Update||Disha Experts||9386323567|
For the Aptitude and Logical reasoning section R.S.Aggarwal for competitive exams will work as the weigtage is low. The difficulty level of the section also is low.
AIIMS 2019 result:
AIIMS 2019 result will be published in online mode in the form of scorecard. It will be released on the official site of AIIMS on June 12, 2019. The scorecard will display the sectional score and the qualifying status of the examination.
Top 20,000 candidates would be considered at the time of merit list preparation. Out of this only 4,000 students would be invited for the counselling process.
- The scorecard would reflect the qualifying percentile, which would also contain details of the candidate’s rank
- The details of candidate’s name, father’s name, marks, and category would be present on the scorecard
- The score card can be downloaded from the official website
- The result would also be declared in the form of roll number, where the qualifying status and rank would be declared
How to download the AIIMS 2019 score card?
- Visit the official AIIMS website.
- Look for the link that reads “AIIMS 2018 result”.
- Click on the link and a new webpage will come up, asking for the details of candidate’s ID and password.
- Provide the details and on the screen is displayed the AIIMS 2018 score card.
- Download the score card to your system and take a print out of the same for future use.
AIIMS 2019 Cut off:
AIIMS 2019 cut off will be declared separately for each of the categories. Every qualified candidate must cross the bar defined on marks so that he/she is considered eligible for counselling. Although all the qualified students would not be invited for counselling as only 807 seats are to be filled. The cut off varies depending upon the following factors:
- Total number of registered candidates
- Number of test takers
- Difficulty level of the exam
- Minimum qualifying marks
- Reservation rules
- Total number of seats
The minimum qualifying cut off for each of the category is as follows:
The cut off percentile is not same as the selection percentile. As the selection percentile vary, and it is generally above 95 percentile for all categories. Since 2017 percentile is declared upto 7 decimal places in order to bring in the accuracy.
AIIMS 2016 cut off ranks:
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi||37||256||1138||2825|
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Jodhpur||871||1946||8151||18701|
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhubaneswar||1078||1034||16865||13905|
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhopal||1022||1170||14170||20498|
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Patna||2949||2130||17198||23845|
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Raipur||1099||1991||16297||23929|
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Rishikesh||1045||2095||18049||20140|
AIIMS Counselling 2019
AIIMS counselling is generally conducted in three rounds. The round 1 is conducted in month of July which is followed by subsequent rounds in the month of August and September. The dates can change but the process is same for all the years. AIIMS counselling is compulsory to attend for getting admission into the institute.
This year the dates are expected to be as follows:
|First round of AIIMS 2019 counselling||1st week of July, 2019|
|Second counselling for AIIMS 2019||1st week of August, 2019|
|Third counselling AIIMS 2019||1st week of September, 2019|
|Open counselling (if needed)||4th week of September, 2019|
Number of seats under each category is as follows:
|Location of AIIMS||UR||OBC||SC||ST||PWBD||Total|
|New Delhi||50||27||15||08||5%||107 (7 reserved for foreign nationals)|
AIIMS counselling 2019 will include the following:
- One-time registration
- Exercising of the choice preferences among AIIMS institutes
- Re-shuffling of choices
- Allocation of seats
- Acceptance/ rejection of seats
Students must report to the counselling center with the list of following documents:
- AIIMS 2019 admit card
- Call letter issued by AIIMS, New Delhi
- Date of birth certificate
- Class XII marksheet
- Transfer certificate or migration certificate
- Category certificate from government bodies
- 6 passport size photograph
- One self attested copy of all certificates