For admission into the UG Medical courses, AIIMS Delhi conducts a national level entrance which is known as AIIMS MBBS. This exam is for all 7 AIIMS i.e. in Delhi, Jodhpur, Raipur, Bhopal, Rishikesh, Patna, and Bhubaneshwar. Before the AIIMS Application process begins, you must check the AIIMS Eligibility criteria. The lower age limit for AIIMS is 17 years, while the upper limit is 30 years.
If at any stage you are found ineligible according to AIIMS Eligibility criteria, your application will be rejected and you will not be allowed to sit for the exam. Since there are no restrictions on the number of attempts to clear AIIMS MBBS, you can apply when you fulfill the AIIMS Eligibility Criteria. AIIMS Delhi decides the AIIMS Eligibility criteria for the exam which varies with-
- Category of aspirants
- Age of aspirants
- Academic qualification of aspirants
If you meet the eligibility criteria, you can fill the AIIMS basic registration between November 30, 2018 and January 3, 2019. Only when you have successfully filled the Application form, you become eligible to download AIIMS Admit card. AIIMS examination will be conducted on May 25 & May 26, 2019 as a Computer Based Test. Carrying the Admit card to the exam center on exam day is mandatory.
AIIMS Eligibility Criteria
All applicants must check the minimum age limit, nationality including Indian or Overseas Indians or foreign nationals, any relaxation in marks for candidates-SC, ST, OBC, & pH category, education & percentage required in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, & English taken together in aggregate.
Quick Facts AIIMS Eligibility 2019
- Qualifying Exam: Intermediate qualified or appearing with all the 4 subjects like English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Minimum Age Limit: 17 Years
- Total qualifying Marks for 12th standard: General and OBC – 60%, SC/ST/OPH- 50%
- Nationality: Indian Nationals, NRIs, OCIs, PIOs & Foreign Nationals.
- If you have passed their 12th class in Science stream conducted by CBSE or any other state board or an approx. equal examination of a recognized University/Board with English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects
- Candidates who are pursuing 10+2 Board exam with subjects like Physics, Chemistry, & Biology & English as a mandatory subject
- You must have documents which prove that you have qualified marks in the required subjects PCB.
- You need to provide a certificate from concerned Indian University/Association of the Indian Universities or foreign universities which are equivalent to 10+2 Science stream i.e. PCB
Qualifying marks vary with the category of the aspirants. It ranges from minimum 45% to 60%. All the aspirants, irrespective of their category must have Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as their main subjects.
- General/OBC: 60% aggregate in PCBE
- SC/ST/: 50% aggregate in PCBE
- Foreign candidates: 50% aggregate in PCBE
- OPH: 45% aggregate in PCBE
Latest News Updates
- Candidates need to be at least 17 years old or completing 17 years on the 31 December of the year in which they want to take admission
- Candidates born on or after January 2, 2003 are not eligible to apply for AIIMS 2019
- According to section 7A of Citizenship Act 1995, Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) need to register themselves as OCI
- They need to carry a proof of being registered as OCI for authentication
- They also need to meet the requirements for Indian nationals as per the prospectus
- Foreign nationals nominated by Government of India are eligible to apply
- Minimum 50% marks are required by Foreign nationals to apply
- Foreign candidates nominated by the Government of India need not appear in the entrance examination