National Eligibility cum Entrance Test 2019 will be organized by the National Testing Agency (NTA). NEET is organized to select candidates for admission in MBBS, BDS & AYUSH courses offered by all Indian Medical Colleges.
NTA to release NEET 2019 Admit Card from April 15 on ntaneet.ac.in. Read More
There has been a slight change in NEET 2019 Eligibility. The upper age limit of 25 years has been removed by an interim order of Supreme Court. Last year, the requirement of Aadhaar Card for registering in NEET was also abolished.
Prepare for NEET UG 2019 from Video Lectures Prepared by Top Faculty. Check Now
For the first time, NEET is conducted by National Testing Agency, however, no change in NEET Exam Pattern has been registered. The test will be take place only once a year and in the conventional pen and paper based (offline) mode. NEET Syllabus is also as similar as stipulated by CBSE, former conducting body. The questions will come from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany and Zoology) of class XI and XII.
- NEET 2019 question paper will consist of 180 questions of objective type and total time limit is 180 minutes
- NEET Practice Papers are available online for students
- The examination will be available in 11 different languages
- Candidates will be awarded 4 marks for each correct answer, 1 mark will be deducted for wrong or unanswered questions or multiple answers
- NEET 2019 Result will be declared on June 5, 2019
- Counselling and seat allocation process for NEET 2019 will begin from June 13, 2019
NEET 2019 Highlights
|Name of Exam||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test|
|Date of Exam||May 5, 2019|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Medium of Exam||Hindi, English, Gujarati, Marathi, Oriya, Bengali, Assamese, Telugu, Tamil, Urdu and Kannada|
|Duration of Exam||180 minutes|
|Course Offered||MBBS, BDS, and AYUSH courses|
Latest News Updates
NEET 2019 Exam Dates
National Testing Agency will be conducting NEET on May 5, 2019. NEET 2019 Application Form is available between November 1 to December 7, 2018. Last day to fill the application form is extended from November 30 to December 7. NEET Admit Card can be downloaded from April 15, 2019. The results will be announced on June 5, 2019 on the official site of NTA.
Given below is the Schedule for NEET 2019:
|Registration||November 1 – December 07, 2018 (New)|
|Admit card||April 15, 2019|
|Exam day||May 5, 2019|
|Result declaration||June 5, 2019|
|Counselling||June 13, 2019 onward|
NEET 2019 Eligibility
All candidates must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria set by the National Testing Agency before applying for NEET 2019. After clearing the eligibility criteria, applicant can fill the application form. As per the information, eligibility criteria for NEET has changed for NEET 2019:
Here is NEET 2019 Eligibility Criteria in detail:
Minimum Age Limit – 17 years of age by December 31, 2019.
Maximum Age Limit – There is no upper age limit for NEET 2019 as per an interim order of Supreme Court.
- Indian Nationals
- Non-Resident Indians (NRIs)
- Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs)
- Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs)
- Foreign Nationals
- Candidates must have passed class XII or students appearing for class XII exam are eligible
- Candidates must have Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology as mandatory subjects in class XII
- Candidates must also satisfy the minimum percentile required for each category in Class XII, i.e.,
NEET 2019 Application Process
Application process for NEET 2019 has begun from November 1 and continue till December 7, 2018 23:50 Hrs. Application process can be completed in online mode only. Candidates must have a working mobile number and an email ID to fill NEET 2019 Application Form.
Before filling NEET 2019 Application form, candidates are advised to carefully read the instructions and agree to the terms and conditions mentioned at the bottom of instructions page. You should know how to apply for NEET in order to avoid mistakes in the application form.
Complete details of NEET Application process are as follows-
Step 1: Registration
Candidates will have to fill in their basic and personal information to complete the online registration part.
- Enter the registration details i.e. Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number and email address
- After successful registration, a unique user ID and password will be sent via SMS
- In case you forget the registration number, you can visit the site and click on ‘Forgot Registration Number’ to regenerate it.
Step 2: Fill the Application Form
Candidates will have to log in at ntaneet.nic.in using their credentials to fill NEET 2019 Application form.
- Read all instructions to fill the online Application form
- Fill the Application form with your personal details like Address, Nationality, Academic qualifications, category, etc.
- Candidates have to select the choice of examination center and date of exam
- Candidates will also have to choose the language they want to take the test in
- Candidates need to upload their recent color photograph and signature in jpeg format
|Photograph||10 – 100kb||JPG||Photo must have candidate’s name & Date when the photo was taken|
|Signature||3 – 20 kb||JPG||Sign must be done with a blue or black pen on white background|
Step 3: Payment of Application Fee
- After filling the Application form, candidates have to pay the application fee through UPI App/Debit card/Credit Card/Net Banking/E-wallet
- The application fee of NEET 2019 is INR 1400 for General & OBC candidates and INR 750 for SC/ST/PH candidates
- After the fee has been submitted and acknowledgement has been received, candidates can submit the Application form
- Fee once paid cannot be refunded to the candidates
Step 4: Submission and printout
- Review the details in the Application form, make changes, if necessary and Click on ‘Submit’ button
- Application number will be generated after successful submission of NEET 2019 Application Form
- Candidates are advised to take a print out of the Application form for future use
Please Note- Application Form correction facility will be available between January 14 and 31, 2019.
NEET 2019 Admit Card
NEET 2019 Admit Card will be available online. Admit card will be made available for all eligible candidates on the official website on April 15, 2019. A PDF copy of the hall ticket will be sent to the candidate’s registered email ID when he/she will download their hall ticket.
Candidates without the hall ticket will not be allowed to appear for the exam. In case of any discrepancy found in the hall ticket, candidates should contact the officials immediately. Candidates are required to preserve NEET Admit Card till the admission process is complete.
The admit card is required at the time of entering the exam centers. Candidates can choose their top 3 most preferred exam cities. Once selected, the exam center will not be changed under any circumstances.
NEET 2019 Exam Pattern
From 2019, NEET will be conducted in online mode only. The question paper will have objective type questions. There will be 180 questions divided into four sections. Duration of NEET 2019 will be 180 minutes. For each correct answer, 4 marks will be awarded and for each incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted from candidates’ score.
NEET question paper will be available in Hindi, English, Gujarati, Marathi, Oriya, Bengali, Assamese, Telugu, Tamil, Urdu and Kannada languages.
Complete details about NEET 2019 exam pattern are mentioned below:
|Section||No. of Question||Marks|
NEET 2019 Syllabus
MCI (Medical Council of India) will decide the common syllabus for NEET UG exam. NEET 2019 Syllabus will contain Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects. Candidates can check the detailed syllabus from below:
- Physical world and measurement
- Laws of Motion
- The motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
- Properties of Bulk Matter
- The behavior of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Electronic Devices, etc.
- Basic Concepts of Chemistry
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
- p-Block Elements
- Solid State
- Surface Chemistry
- p-Block Elements
- Coordination Compounds
- Phenols and Ethers
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen, etc.
- Diversity in Living World
- Cell Structure and Function
- Human Physiology
- Structural Organization in Animals and Plants
- Plant Physiology
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Ecology and Environment
- Genetics and Evolution
- Biotechnology and Its Applications, etc.
Latest News Updates
NEET 2019 Results
NTA shall release NEET Result in online mode through its official website. The result will be announced on June 5, 2019. Candidates will be able to check their result by entering their roll number and other required details on the website.
Steps to check results of the test are as follows:
- To check NEET Result 2019, candidates have to go to the official website.
- Click on the link “NEET 2019 Results”
- Candidates can check their result by entering their roll number and password
- After entering all the details, candidates will be redirected their NEET 2019 Scorecard
- Candidates are advised to check all particulars mentioned in the result and take a print out of it
- Result of NEET 2019 will be valid for one year only, i.e., academic session (2019-20)
NEET 2019 Merit List
NEET 2019 Merit list under All India Quota seats will be prepared by NTA on the basis of score obtained by the candidate in the exam. NEET Merit list will have as many students as there are seats available for allotment of MBBS/BDS/AYUSH courses under All India Quota.
In case of two or more candidates obtaining the same marks in NEET 2019, the merit of such candidates will be determined in order of preference as follows:
- Candidate obtaining higher marks in Biology
- Candidate obtaining higher marks in Chemistry
- Candidate with less number of attempted wrong answers in all subjects of NEET 2019
- Candidate elder in age will be preferred
NEET 2019 Cut Off
Based on NEET Cut off, the exam-conducting authority will declare the result for candidates as qualified or not qualified. The top 15% in the merit list, based on the cut off will be directly elected to participate in NEET counselling process under All India Quota seats. On the basis of NEET Cut off, the rank range for participation in All India Quota counselling will be declared separately.
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes/ Other backward classes||40th percentile|
|Physically handicapped||45th percentile|
There will be no change in the counselling process of NEET. After the declaration of the NTA 2019 Result and Cut off, the qualified candidates will have to participate in NEET 2019 Counselling in order to get admissions in different medical and dental institutions.
NEET Counselling is expected to be divided into two phases: All India Quota and State Level Quota. The All India Quota Counselling is carried out by MCC (Medical Counselling Committee) while State Counselling will be conducted by the respective state exam authority.
NEET 2019 Counselling will commence from June 13, 2019. Candidates will have to register for counselling and fill their preferences for admission. Seats will be allotted to eligible candidates as per their position in the merit list, category and availability of seats in colleges.